Iwaku's Medical Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually experience this. OFTEN. Should I have it checked out? Im'm not sure.

I also posted about this. Judging by personal experience and that of my family, if you're a woman, you'll probably never have them say anything other than hormones, periods, or dehydration. If you're male you might have better luck.
Either way, mention it to your doctor, but I wouldn't recommend making a special visit. If you do happen to get a diagnosis, I'd LOVE to hear about it. XD

When it comes to Medical Conditions, I suppose that you can say that Insomnia is one of the Deceptively worse.
The Human Brain needs time to be able to Recover, and staying awake to all the Dracs hours is rather Stressful and Damaging.
And as much as I hate it, I am also a tad bit Dangerously Bipolar with OCD.
It is never pretty around here.

I actually experience this. OFTEN. Should I have it checked out? Im'm not sure.

It's not threatening, my doctor said I really shouldn't worry about it. If anything it's an inconvenience, all you have to do is take your time when you are getting up from a sitting or laying down position. It really sucks if you are doing workouts like jumping jacks or burpees, and I don't think that can really be helped haha.

If you want to see your doctor about it, you can. I don't think it's necessary.

Hm medical conditions, some I'm unsure about since my family doesn't really believe in doctors because of religious reasons. So being diagnosed isn't easy. Physically there is are a few things wrong. I'm borderline diabetic since it runs rampant in my family, as well as obesity, heart disease but trying my best to not follow in their footsteps. I have severe asthma and it sucks when I get sick since it immediately turns into bronchitis. I also have this weird pain that seems to have traveled and devoured more of my bones. 2 years ago I literally couldn't walk because the pain my the bone of my legs was excruciating. And no my parents didn't take me to a doctor to see whats wrong they believed I was faking it. So now I have these onsets, not as bad as the first since I can walk, it's even in my hand that I need for art. I also have horrible eyesight, my right is a astigmatism and my left simply became worse. I'm also allergic to some really weird things and wanted a retest for it since they said natural air. Out of everything Natural air is a possibility >~<

Now mentally I don't really know besides having panic attacks caused by stress (almost an everyday occurrence) . I use to have an eating disorder that I'm still fighting and so far doing good 。◕‿◕。

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Hm medical conditions, some I'm unsure about since my family doesn't really believe in doctors because of religious reasons.

Would it be terribly rude of me to ask what religion your family is? ^^

@Lady Sabine Nah it's not rude. They're Christians and they really don't care for modern medicine.

They're Christians and they really don't care for modern medicine.

Ugh, this both frustrates me and saddens me. Here is a little "joke" that helps reveal how I feel about this certain train of thought.

It rained for days and days and there was a terrific flood. The water rose so high that one man was forced to climb on top of his roof and sat in the rain. As the waters came up higher a man in a rowboat came up to the house and told him to get in. "No thank you, the Lord will save me!" he said, and the man in the rowboat rowed away.

The waters rose to the edge of the roof and still the man sat on the roof until another rowboat came by and another man told him to get in. "No thank you, the Lord will save me!" he said again, and the man rowed away.

The waters covered the house and the man was forced to sit on his chimney as the rain poured down and a helicopter came by and another man urged him to get in or he'll drown. "No thank you," the man said again, "The Lord will save me!"

After much begging and pleading the man in the helicopter gave up and flew away. The waters rose above the chimney and the man drowned and went to heaven where he met God.

"Lord, I don't understand," he told Him, frustrated, "The waters rose higher and higher and I waited hours for you to save me but you didn't! Why?"

The Lord just shook his head and said, "What are you talking about? I sent two boats and a helicopter?!"

God doesn't just snap his fingers and boom, you're healed! He sends you wisdom and discernment to use the knowledge He gifted man. Doctors and Physicians are Gods means of healing. While it is in His power to heal you, he heals you through men and women.

@Seiji
Yeah that's how I feel. Once I'm finally on my own I'm gonna see whats actually wrong with the pain onsets I have in my bones. Until then I just have to bare with it.

@InindoHero Not like that, they are quite smart and helpful people it's just how they are. To them a lot medicine out ther can make you worse and they're most likely trying to protect me from that n_n

I don't know of any severe medical conditions I have, but I can list what I do know. Some of it might not even be a medical condition, just some thing I don't think is normal.

I need eyeglasses. My mom has needed glasses since she was six years old. I remember when I was six, I faked needing glasses, because I wanted to be like my mom. I think I first started needing glasses within two years after that. So I might've been eight when I got my first pair.

I'm starting to get over issues with being unable to talk to people. Sometimes, no matter how hard I willed myself to speak, my vocal cords seemed to glue themselves together.

My ears do some freaky stuff. I can usually hear pretty clearly, but if I focus on it, I can hear my heart beating, in my ear. It's mostly my right ear, but I sometimes notice it in my left ear. I can remember a few times where my ears start ringing, and one time I noticed a good dip in hearing quality, and there was an overpowering amount of ringing. I think that was a few months ago, hasn't happened since.

I have a possible tonsil stone on my right tonsil. Sometimes, when I swallow, that tonsil gets this mild pain that's very short.

I have/had some kind of eczema-like dermatitis on my right hand, from about the base of my thumb, a little bit down, to my wrist. I actually can't really notice it, but for a change in skin texture.

I don't notice anything else, but if I see anything new that isn't easily explained, and avoided, then I'll add a new post, or just edit this one.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
First thing that comes to mind is my severe OCD. I've struggled with a lot of the quintessential obsessions, hand washing, word counting, and over scrutinization of food. The latter has often led to malnutrition, and I have never weighed over 145 pounds, with my average weight hovering around 130. I am half an inch shy of six feet tall. It's horrible because I love to cook and eat good food, but my god is it hard when I feel like every step of the way I am cross contaminating, when I know I'm not. While making chocolate covered pretzels for gifts this last Christmas, I went through a whole box of 50 latex gloves, all in the course of about two hours. That was a lot of glove changing, with almost all of it being completely unnecessary.

I have a moderate case of scoliosis, which effectively makes one of my legs shorter than the other. This causes random and severe, though very infrequent, back pain.

I've always had a problem with reading, and was diagnosed with mild dyslexia shortly after I had graduated high school. This, coupled with my OCD reading habits, makes me quite the slow reader, and, to a lesser extent, writer.

Hmm, there seem to be quite a lot of people suffering from OCD. Interesting. Anyway, I'm not sure if it counts anymore, but I've had this particular disorder when I was in... what, second/third grade? It mainly applied to washing hands and holding my breath in certain very specific occasions. I remember general consensus in my family was that I was just being weird and that I should stop. Well, after an intense struggle with myself, I actually stopped without any outside help; it was years later when I stumbled upon Poe's work, identified with mental quirks of some of his heroes and retroactively diagnosed myself.

I also have an absurdly low blood pressure. I had to switch doctors this year and when the new nurse measured my blood pressure, she actually looked me in the eye and asked how I'm alive. I was tempted to ask her how she's able to keep her job with such unprofessional demeanor, but miraculously, I managed to keep my big mouth shut for once. That's a giant accomplishment for me.

Oh, and I've actually been diagnosed with hypermobility; in short, my joints are much more loose than they should be for my own good. It allows me to do gross things with my fingers and scare anyone who's sensitive about it, but my left knee sometimes just... falls out on its own. It doesn't hurt at all and I don't make a drama out of it, but man, rushing to hospital every time it happens is annoying. Operation wouldn't be a solution in my case as the doctors informed me it's likely my other knee would start causing trouble since the source of my condition isn't an injury, so I have to live with it. Oh well. I actually really enjoy freaking out my friends with how flexible I am, so it isn't that horrible.

Other than that, I'm healthy as a horse. No allergies, no mental disorders (unless crippling perfectionism counts), no nothing.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Bad eyes - Everything far away gets fuzzy and usually I have to stand around 10-20 cm close to a persons face to see it clearly when I'm not wearing glasses. I can see well enough to be able to walk around without glasses if necessary, but it would be quite awkward if someone said hello and I were like ".... Are you mom or grandma?" xD Also my vision is much worse on the right eye than on the left, so I get severe headaches if I go without glasses for a longer amount of time, as my right eye has to work harder. I think it might have been because during my middle teenage years I loved to have my hair over my right eye, so that probably f***** it up more than necessary. My bad.

insomnia - mainly caused by an overactive mind, I can't turn off my brain. Sometimes I lay awake for six hours or the whole night without falling asleep, and mainly it takes 1-3 hours before I fall asleep. It gets worse if I'm in the same room as any kind of noise. If someone else is in the room and just breaths, then I usually lay awake until five in the morning and wakes up every time they so much as turn to their side. Usually I'm fast at falling asleep if I wake up, but not if there are disturbing elements in the room.

restless leg syndrome - I can go for weeks without feeling anything, and then suddenly my legs, arms and in rare cases the rest of my body, can start feeling as if something is creeping underneath the skin. Usually I take a walk when it happens as it eases it, but it mainly shows up during the night when trying to sleep, and I rather not walk outside alone in the dark. So Usually it's just to suck it up and hope it goes away. Sometimes I only have it for some days before it disappears for a while, and sometimes it stays for months. Exercising during the day have helped to make it appear much more rarely than it used to when I were a lazy butt, but it still comes quite often.

So over all I see myself as pretty healthy. Sure I had a bit of bad luck with my eyes, but at least they have stopped getting worse now. And sure insomnia is really annoying but my mind keeps me happy and busy at night (wait, isn't that the problem?) And my restless leg syndrome is showing up less and less, so I'm hopeful that it will be gone or almost gone in some years. I don't have any allergies or deadly or painful diseases so I don't think I should complain too much, even though I totally does that all the time.

I am pretty sure that I am insane.

But diagnosed with Asthma, insomnia, Dyslexia (if it weren't for spell check that'd have been misspelled), BPD, Autism, Hip displasia, ADHD, ADD, Carpal Tunnel, arthritis, terrible eyesight and various other things nobody gives a shit about cause people are too busy with their own medical issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.