Iwaku's Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time limit you want and it would actually be easier if you recorded yourself and sent it to me in an email and let me listen to it rather than Skype.
Could you PM me your email? (next time I'll make that sound less weird, and stop using parenthesis)

If we're doing individualized arcs for certain members I'm not 100% sure what mine would be like.

Should definitely have something to do with launching some kind of Crusade/War/Revolution though.
But also show there are clearly some individuals getting annoyed by all the war-waging going on.
perhaps it could start as if the Narrator is trying to get an idea about the character (like class/race/abilities) or roleplay (like the genre, setting, style) and different Iwaku members are presenting ideas (aka the choices). They each have their own door to go through. After they've all spoken, you're asked to choose your path. So at the start of the game it's like a nexus hub of all the branching paths (when it gets to the actual script/game that could be a big room you start in) though perhaps when you go down one path you've still got all the different members trying to direct their attention onto their path still.
As far as Iwaku Member's adding commentary/explanation on Character creation I'd make that optional.

For example, say we make a General Class and I have some commentary to do so.
Instead of forcing the player to listen to it, have a button next to the General Icon they can click on to hear it.

This way people doing Character Creation multiple times aren't needlessly slowed down by hearing the same introductory/description lines over and over again.

Alternatively, you could have it where the player has to click the class and then click confirm, but before clicking confirm the voice for the class automatically speaks up, but it's merely audio and the player can continue to do their own thing, switch to another class etc.
I still want to help! :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Well I am still here to help. I do not know what I can help with. But, still here to help in any way I can. =)

Reactions: Legens Legentis
As far as Iwaku Member's adding commentary/explanation on Character creation I'd make that optional.

For example, say we make a General Class and I have some commentary to do so.
Instead of forcing the player to listen to it, have a button next to the General Icon they can click on to hear it.

This way people doing Character Creation multiple times aren't needlessly slowed down by hearing the same introductory/description lines over and over again.

oh I didn't mean that as in actual commentary, but more written speech (each character presents the ideas for the path and then you go through a door) but I agree that if we do have a vocalised tutorial/intro, it should be optional :D

Because of the nature of this whole ordeal I'm trying to make it as comical as possible and there's only one character so there won't be multiple classes but as he's tugged in each different direction he will change

@Lewi, I'll start writing mine in an hour and a half. It'll probably involve Stanley Parable humour, plus gaming references and Amnesia-type creatures with a stealth mechanic, like you get spotted, you get overwhelmed, you die.

Um...sure but I don't see how that would aid you lol

oh I didn't mean that as in actual commentary, but more written speech (each character presents the ideas for the path and then you go through a door) but I agree that if we do have a vocalised tutorial/intro, it should be optional :D
A lot of text could also have an issue of boring players.
It works in some genre's well, but I wouldn't expect a 1st person exploration game to be one of them.
Understand the engines mechanics and limits, and what can of story you can express/tell with it.

• Thank You
Reactions: LunarLavendula
Lewi, I'm writing the Inkle document at the moment with the character arc. Hopefully the game references won't be lost with you and you'll get them XD

Well, as I've mentioned my voice acting isn't great. But I should be able to do droll and sarcastic.

"Oh, you haven't heard of this? Wonderful. How wonderful."

But like I said. I'm not going to be able to do it till I move to a much larger place than the littl dinky place I and share space in now.

I'd love to help!! What about a Visual Novel? (Only asking because I have a visual novel maker)

• Love
Reactions: LunarLavendula
Not even really sure what that is. I've already begun on unity engine. XD wouldn't know anything about it would you?

Since my dream job is being a video game designer I'd more than pleased to help to help you with this. I can pretty much make class concepts (Not concept art, concept, story, main focus,etc), write stories, give some ideas, etc.

Uhm... Free programs that need no codding? Well, like that I only know RPG Maker.

Not even really sure what that is. I've already begun on unity engine. XD wouldn't know anything about it would you?
Essentially they're online books with drawn and semi-animated visuals.
Most of them offer some level of choice to influence the story, while some may simply have you sit back and read.

Awww :( you don't wanna be a part of the game anymore hunter?
I have no clue where the design is going or anything else

It's going in a Stanley parable type direction and I'm letting members who are interested write and narrate their own branch. Or just write.

Status
Not open for further replies.