Iwaku's Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I played around and I can set a spawn point and move in all directions. :) I can also design an environment if I am given the 3D models to use.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
The more I think of it, the more curious I am of what the art style would be.

Well use what you know.

Hi, I'm studying Game Design and I do alot of work with 3d Modelling architecture and also VR at work, which crosses over with game-st00f quite alot. I'm curious about an Iwaku project and I'm going to keep an eye on this. If you go for 3D graphics and need a 3d Modeller for building whitecard models of architecture/interiors, you can put me down for that (though someone else should do the materials and modelling custom furniture, not my forte)

If you're planning to do a story game with branching paths, I would recommend InkleWriter for planning the game out first. You can literally build an entire game playable game in Inklewriter, which is what they did for the Banner Saga while they were coding it. That means you could have like, 50 people testing the game's story while you are working on the engine. It's basically the best thing ever. It's got sort of like a visual flowchart system for you to look at the 'map' of your branching story and lets you know when some of your plot paths are not finished. It is pretty muc perfect for a Stanley Parable type game.

I have some other resources floating around on general planning/organising/building/processes stuff to make the actual making-a-game part easier once you get a team together. I'll dig them up when I get home if you're interested ^^

yup, Inklewriter is free :D it's suepr easy to use too, and the tutorials barely take a few minutes ^^

@Lewi! Have character creation options and make it like the hero has to save Diana from Asmo, Legend of Zelda style!!

I'll do ideas and testing.

Good luck. =)

IKR! it's the best :D and then you can export it whenever you want and send the links to people to playtest ^^

speaking of, I'm totally down for playtesting if you need a few more people!

Definitely! I'm gonna try to write it first then script it into the game but this could be like a script demo. So here's the surprise....i'm gonna let you guys help me write your own branch in the Iwaku parable! And it's gonna be about all of us trying to control the same character. So those of you who's been helping me will be the first implemented. Since you're online, would you like to help me out with yours first @Lady Amalthea ?

Ah it's ten o clock here and I need to start going to bed early since I have to get up at 4am on wednesday for a train xD (I'm in GMT timezone) but I'll toss in a few ideas when I've got the inspiration for it and I'm down for fleshing out a branch and maybe helping with some of the writing if you get snowed under :D I think my branch would definitely be dark fantasy, sort of like... twisted alice in wonderland or brothers grimm style fairytale. Maybe a little spooky. But I might be getting the concept wrong so feel free to tell me if I've misunderstood something xD

hmm... perhaps it could start as if the Narrator is trying to get an idea about the character (like class/race/abilities) or roleplay (like the genre, setting, style) and different Iwaku members are presenting ideas (aka the choices). They each have their own door to go through. After they've all spoken, you're asked to choose your path. So at the start of the game it's like a nexus hub of all the branching paths (when it gets to the actual script/game that could be a big room you start in) though perhaps when you go down one path you've still got all the different members trying to direct their attention onto their path still.

Just some ideas. And some questions: what is the underlying motive for the in-game members directing the character down a specific path? Like you could have some deep thing behind it like at the end, the story/roleplay the character 'wins' comes to life, or it could just be a rollercoaster of fun and madness (my vote xD)

Just some ramblings. I could do some tests on Inkle for you to try if you like ^^

Reactions: Lewi
Tests would be great! And I was gonna pretty strictly parodize the intro of the game in the sense of i'm following it's skeleton. I had the idea that starting out it was like the character is going to star in the worlds greatest story ever written, and that it's a sentient being so it's got all of these tugging forces (the iwakuvians) fighting over control for the character and its design to perfect it. :)

• Love
Reactions: LunarLavendula
Tests would be great! And I was gonna pretty strictly parodize the intro of the game in the sense of i'm following it's skeleton. I had the idea that starting out it was like the character is going to star in the worlds greatest story ever written, and that it's a sentient being so it's got all of these tugging forces (the iwakuvians) fighting over control for the character and its design to perfect it. :)
I'd be willing to play test it later on :D

Reactions: Lewi
Then the character who I've named bob for lack of better option so far will have to choose which path to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.