Iwakuans IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only met other Iwaku peeps on purpose, but we had a lot of fun!

I haven't met anyone on purpose, I want to though.
But bizarrely enough despite living not even a hour away from Toronto (Oakville to be specific) no one ever ends up living in my area! >.<

I closest I ever get is 3+ hours drive away, and involves border crossing.
And since I don't drive, therefore reliant on public transit... Yea. :/

HOWEVER!

I did actually sort-of have an accidental incident occur.

It's my 2nd year of college and Gaming Club is kicking off, one of the new people posts in the facebook group looking for someone to play magic with, set up D&D with etc.
I replied, we met up and ended up hanging out fairly consistently. One of the times we ended up hanging out we were talking about roleplaying (probably derailed from D&D talk) and I brought up my forum roleplaying.
Specifically the Roleplayers Guild, the site I came from before Iwaku.

He was apparently a member on the Guild, but he wasn't anyone who I had ever met on the site though. And he had apparently quit the site long ago due to personal issues he had with the community or something.
So it wasn't exactly a case of meeting an online friend IRL accidently, since we only ever knew each other in person. But we did both come from the same RP Site at least.
after a moment we were both kind of like "...now what", because, I mean, what are we supposed to say at that point?

This is why you plan something to do ahead of time.

Last edited:
Nope. Never from Iwaku. I've met a few gaming buddies, but that was planned.

Two 'accidental' meetings of the internet in general. Both stem from when I was a teenager though.

One of a guy who was constantly shit talking about me who just so happened to stumble upon me and a few boisterous friends. I recognised him cause he posted in some picture thread. We were super friendly, I mean we were totally interested in his personal life and offered to share our weed. Don't think I ever heard from him again ;p

The other was a fellow IRC dweller who complained about some weird random dude chatting up a cashier about god-knows-while he spent two minutes to find his wallet. Ironically, that weird dude was me. So. Yeah. "Hey, funny story. You won't believe what happened to me today."

Hey. Everything is better with TWO penises!

I'm just going to put this here and wait for this to be used out of context.

I've met a lot of people from Iwaku irl, but never by accident. I did find out that someone was living within ten minutes of me after they moved. That was kinda cool in a 'it's a small internet kind of way'.

Being trapped in asia I will likely never see any of you, which is probably fortunate for you lot.

Being trapped in asia I will likely never see any of you, which is probably fortunate for you lot.
I am in Asia, +7 GMT...

welp, you already claimed my soul anyway.

I have never met anyone from Iwaku (or any other site) in real life. I want to, but I doubt anyone lives near me. ;_;

I've only met a handful of Iwaku peeps, but it was by choice. And I've sold/did drugs with about half of them. Good times.

I've only met a handful of Iwaku peeps, but it was by choice. And I've sold/did drugs with about half of them. Good times.
Also, in the event Pete and I ever meet IRL, by choice or by accident, it is of divine decree that he and I must Kung Fu fite.

Reactions: Fluffy
I met a tabletop rpg buddy once (we gamed via online methods).

Then we slowly stopped playing together.

I'd rather not meet folks IRL. I like to compartmentalize. I got my iwaku friends, my work friends, my friends at the gym and dojo...

I met a tabletop rpg buddy once (we gamed via online methods).

Then we slowly stopped playing together.

I'd rather not meet folks IRL. I like to compartmentalize. I got my iwaku friends, my work friends, my friends at the gym and dojo...

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I've never met anyone from here, and if I did it would be really awkward explaining it to my husband. He knows I'm on here, and he has a generalized idea of what I do, but he'd still be really weird about it.

Reactions: Razilin
Nope, I've never met anyone I knew from the internet.

Also, in the event Pete and I ever meet IRL, by choice or by accident, it is of divine decree that he and I must Kung Fu fite.
This guy gets it.

This is Tom Hanks saying if you see me in person, please leave me be.

Anyway, no accidental run-ins. Only planned ones, and all of them have been good times. Friggin @Ochalla wouldn't let me win her a Smurf plush at the Lake Fair, though. :p

• Love
Reactions: Ochalla
I am in Asia, +7 GMT...

welp, you already claimed my soul anyway.
You'll want to get out my timezone if you know what's good for you. If you disappear it's not my fault. The urge to feed is often strong.

I can't imagine. It'd be super weird yet...no it'd be weird as I'm kind of more of a lurker and that guy you see everywhere but can't place.

I'd imagine if someone from this site did meet me in real life, they'd be shocked about how short I am or by just how squirrely. Tis why I like my online communities to stay the way they are...online.

Status
Not open for further replies.