Iwaku World - OLD OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Iwaku World OOC

*facepalms* how about this... for the maps, i suggest Porg to make a map of the entire IW, it doesn't have to be detailed yet, just comprehensive enough for us to know which is each faction's territory and whatnot. then each faction is make maps of their own territories, for example, those ruling Insanity might make maps of Insanity, those who rule ISAF make maps of ISAF territory, the Shapeshifters can make a map of their city, and so on. However, all of these maps must conform to that map Porg has made, and must somehow adhere to some standard Porg is to make.

The remaining territories, like the Badlands, History Isle, Iwaku City, and others, are the responsibility of Porg, perhaps with the aid of some other members of his choice.

There, just my suggestion.

Oh wait, I think Rory has a map uploaded someplace else, we can use that as a starting point.

Works for me.

I'll see what I can do for the Independent State of Dystopia.

Ok~ i found the old map...
IwakuMap.jpg

Asmo and CoffeeCakeSadist are already into it... uh~ Gambatte!

and it seems i made a mistake in my previous post, it seems that Porg made that map, not Rory, as I had pointed out earlier. anyways~ the map is already there so.... :D

New character application thread will be up tomorrow sometime between 8 and 9 AM Eastern time.

Also, if Porg wants, I'd be happy to help out with map-making, just to take some of the workload off him.

I still want to know why Dystopia's landmark looks like Midgard from FFVII...

I have an Idea for a location but it would be kinda useless until someone figures out some plat reason for people to go there.

Porg took the map away from me, cos it was too shiney. T_T

He's drawing his own darker, grittier one as we speak. Just so everyone is prepared, "Venun Hill" is being replaced by "The Mountains", so we can include the viking settlements and Mount Iwaku. And "Gatekeeper Tavern" is being replaced by "The South Gate", which will be an extended transport hub, with airship port, bars, restaurants and other Babylon-5-meets-Deep-Space-Nine type places. Also, "Nerf Castle" will be renamed "Insanity", so we can include all the places beyond the Mirror where freaky shit is going on.

There'll also be a slight change to the character sheets (*waves arms frantically at Psychosis*) just to make things a bit easier.

Magic trains too please. I've got a feeling I want a train scene somewhere in the future.

Just as long as I don't end up hanging off the end of it again... -.-

Character application sheet is going to be modified. Changes being determined as we speak. Thread creation delayed approximately one hour, possibly longer.

Just a heads up, this may take a bit longer than that.. cos im being a British Dick and keep poking holes in Asmo's well laid plans.

We need more trains...

or at the very least, a well-defined road system linking the various settlements and cities. IW can have a road network centered on Iwaku City, and then reaching radially outward.

And also, I've just noticed, isn't Iwaku city a bit too large in comparison to the other areas? Do they have farmlands and whatnot inside those walls or something? (yes, OOC kicking in, sorry....)

I think road systems may be stretching it. We only need enough detail to be sensible. Too much, and nitpicking about travel times can be worse than improbable arrivals. Both have their cons, but I find the latter the more tolerable of the two.

Part of why I mentioned magic trains, besides setting flavor, was to explain any weirdness of vagueness concerning destinations, obstacles or travel times.

But as long as whatever is decided is something we can be happy with, I don't mind.

I think road systems may be stretching it. We only need enough detail to be sensible. Too much, and nitpicking about travel times can be worse than improbable arrivals. Both have their cons, but I find the latter the more tolerable of the two.

You got me there! ^_^;

And yeah~ These are but suggestions....

Spaceports?

Even if we're doing this all over again, let's just say that the Teknikans don't want anyone to get too nosy past Iwaku orbit.

Their ships are also mobile bases, so that's minus effort for anyone of you making a map.

Mabu's from a distant planet, though. And I was planning on having a bounty hunter follow him to Iwaku a bit later.

Roads and trains...

I can't help but think of the Highway of Death back in 1991.

*Looks at a flightline full of A-10C Warthogs.*

And so the character contradictions and ego-clashes begin.

The way I see it, Iwaku is a planet at the heart of the universe where lots of dimensions and time-streams overlap. The Teknikkans are camped out in orbit, and there's a deserted moonbase, and from time to time ships from other planets can slip through the net.

Most Iwakuans aren't aware of anything beyond their own planet, so space travel has never been considered (at least not until the Legacy timeline :P)

Camped out in orbit the Teknikans may be, but whatever happened at the end of the Admin War fucked up their positions.

Besides, I did point out that they have an expeditionary outpost in the system's asteroid belt, right?

Character Sheet Thread posted.

It's been edited. Please read the details carefully.

.... *waits for the shit to hit the fan*

Status
Not open for further replies.