Iwaku World - Founding of the Luna Ashe: Diana's Coronation

"You know there is no fun in hiding in a crowd. These people have no clue of whom you are. It's all a game and you know it. The metaphysics of the cycle...The constant strife in this particular dimension...It's all a big joke. Why not play the game, until you get bored with it?"

Diana had noticed her, Westy knew that she wouldn't have gone unnoticed by Zypher's boss lady. Then a very Rory-like grin formed on her face upon seeing Ocha behind Diana. Even within the concept of metaphysical genetics, certain features from ancestors never goes away nor does the universe's twisted jokes.

"As Ecclesiastes says: There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heavens. To expect unchanging happiness in an ever changing world, must end in disappointment."

The brown haired, purple eyed girl stepped from the crowd and stood next to Zypher. "Sorry to interrupt dear Zyphie's explanation but it's best that I say what happened. I am Elizabeth Nevis, a Lieutenant on the flagship Emerald" Her sharp eyes then stared at Zypher for a brief moment. It was enough of a signal for him to know that Westy knew what she was doing. "Rory attempted to escape from the castle when the noobs were attacking. His plans were to move the Air Fleet thirty miles south from the Castle, near the Shingoto Pass. He led a small team to reach the airship codenamed "Emerald."" Westy then flashed out a military badge of the Iwaku Air Corps, "He was supposed to rendezvous with us but never did. I decided to check out the tunnel systems but it turns out that Zyphie and his allies ended up battling a large number of noobs near the Krebs Bridge. Rory took out the bridge but went down with it when trolls appeared." She then paused, "We'll have to search for an remains later. It is apparent he didn't use Isodath, since the blade is strapped across my back...I must apologize for this major inconvenience."

Natalie looked as a man sprawled on the beach blindly looked up at Archy and her before scribbling some message into the sand. Hearing Archy’s suggestion, Natalie nodded and walked with Archy to the man. Taking another look, Natalie held back a gasp. The man seemed to speak of death that would arrive at any moment. Blood that he coughed up earlier stained the sand nearby; however, Natalie turned her attention to the message that he had carved into the sand. Take me. Castle. Quickly. Natalie thought to herself as she turned to Archy.

“Umm . . . I’m guessing somebody can heal him at the castle,” Natalie said to Archy as she pointed to the message. “I don’t think I can pick him up, though,” Natalie commented as she attempted feebly to pull him up by the shoulders.

Zypher looked up as his mistress pulled him up. She seemed a bit embarrassed, but Zypher was confused, maybe she was trying to not have the regal image that she had retained from AFTA, but regardless he respected her wishes and stood, a little more rigidly then he normally would have. She soon asked about Westy and just as he was about to respond she had jumped in, explaining her appearance and reasoning for being there. It seemed she wanted to keep it a secret that she was usurping Rory's role in this universe or whatever it was that she had said. It was a bit hard for Zypher to follow personally but he just went with it, no reason to question what was in front of his eyes.

"Yes, I found my way into the tunnels beneath the castle, only after being attacked by the noobs in the city itself. Luckily you got rid of a good chunk of them with AFTA. But is it true, are you taking the crown? I heard people talking in the other room that you were going to...that's a big deal!" He shifted his gaze between Westy and Diana, even shooting a glance over at Ocha, trying to judge their reactions to the scene. It appeared Ocha was entirely amused at the situation, but that was never a sign as to what the Contessa was thinking.

"Search for Rory's remains." she repeated the words Westy said. Was the King of Iwaku dead? Something about that did not sit well. The frown still remained on her face even as she turned back to Zypher. This was going to readjust all of her plans.

"The Iwaku Throne is not mine. I won't take the crown. ...but without Rory here at the Castle, this is going to be a problem." To gain control over a world and make order from the chaos, you needed figureheads in key places. Ones that could be loyal, trusted, and turn around and become corrupted. Especially during these days of unrest.

Diana rubbed her face with her hands. It was a frustrating situation... but she was a master of thinking quick. "Someone has to take his place, at least a temporary caretaker until it's dealt with." Diana turned to cast a look over her shoulder at Ocha. The Secretary scowled and shook her head. No, Ocha would not take that sort of position.

She looked back at Zypher, tilting her as she contemplated. "What are you willing to do for AFTA and Iwaku, Zypher...? How much are you willing to give?"

Spike was standing there in silence, since none of this was really his place... He admitted to himself, it was hard to not laugh at the sight of his embarrassed superior forcing this bowing stranger back to his feet. They didn't seem like they were here to hurt them, but he remained wary. No person could be trusted just right off the bat!

He gave a respectful bow of his head to the visitors that approached them. When his head raised, his lips were smirking, a single fang pointing past his bottom lip. That was a regular smile for him, really. Something his sister always brought up was that he needed to work on a friendlier smile... His response was always A smirk is still a smile!'

He'd heard a lot of great stories about Rory. Fluffy was a loyal servant to him and hearing that he was gone brought a bit of sadness. His eyes trailed upward, his mind wondering if she was suffering from a great amount of sorrow.

Both of his arms crossed over his chest, his tail making a swift swish behind him. His attention went to Diana who was noticeably stressed, a soft chuckle in his throat when she looked over to Ocha with a questioning glance. This was quite the dilemma... Royalty always confused Spike, though. To him, a King should be decided by how much power he had, not how much he promised to dedicate. Of course there was more to ruling than being really strong, but it always helped to have that boost!

"Go on Zyphie. Answer the lady." Westy said, more to herself than anyone else.

Westy remained standing at attention, though her hands were now in her pockets. Zypher had been asked the very question Rory had wanted Diana to ask him. Even with the main trickster apparently absent, Rory was still playing people.

"My ancestor is such a jack ass."Westy thought to herself, while watching what was going on. She had seen scenes like these thousands of times before, this world of Iwaku was a collection of various stories to begin with. Those closet to her murmured about the king's death. Was it a blessing, a curse, or was he just hiding? Not even Westy was sure about what was happening here to begin with.

"For AFTA, and for you Mi'lady, I'm willing to do anything you ask." Zypher bowed deeply to his lady, quickly righting himself. He was unused to this low level of formality, he couldn't help but be as respectful as he could, Sable had indeed taught him well. He shot a glance at Westy who seemed to know the reasoning behind the question, just as Zypher did.

He looked back to Ocha, and the other one, the one he didn't know but he seemed loyal to the Contessa so he didn't worry to much about him. Right now his focus was on what Westy had told Diana, it seemed strange of her to lie, especially when it seemed to cause such distress for the others. With a shake of his head he cleared the thought and looked Diana directly in the eye, awaiting her response.

Kelia felt the scream die on her lips as her power left her. She fell to her knees, as her senses slowly returned. Sound came first, she could hear shouts, jubilation... Then came her sight, and the sense she was caught in a jostling crowd. As she stood a figure ran towards her, and Kelia felt a joult of fear. She lashed out with her power, and threw the figure back. Kelia staggered to her feet, turned in ran. She clawed through the mass of bodies, fighting to get free. Minutes passed, and it felt like it would never end. Finally she broke through, and ran straight into armored man with a very large rifle. Dazed, she fumbled with her power, trying call up something to protect herself.

OOC: (Kelia runs into an minigunner.)

"There's some good doctors on the Harbringer."
Archy moved Natalie to one side and picked up the man, carrying him in her arms in front of her like a bride crossing the threshold. She ran back towards the ship, not bothering too much with giving Natalie time to catch up.

Now the medical staff of the Harbringer wasn't doctors, per se, but healing magic had just about the same effect. It had been tiring carrying the man to the ship, so Archy just sat down in a corner to catch her breath.
"..So, Natalie? What's your story?"

Natalie stepped aside as Archy picked up the injured man and ran towards the ship, not really thinking about the Natalie, who was staggering at least a few meters behind her. After finally catching up Archy, she had already handed over the man to the medical staff, and was sitting down in a corner catching her breath. Natalie was breathing heavily, too, despite not running nearly as fast as Archy.

"..So, Natalie? What's your story?" Archy asked her.

"W-w-well, I'll just sum it up b-because I don't really like talking about it," Natalie stuttered. "I ran away from home when I was young, not wanting to deal with my crazy Mom and Dad anymore," Natalie began after taking a deep breath. "I ran quite far away--Anyway, I met a girl named Sylvia . . . I don't remember what happened after meeting her," Natalie quietly continued. "The next thing I know of, I was with a bunch of exorcists who told me that I'd been possessed by some demon. Ever since I woke up with those exorcists, I haven't been able to go out during the day without getting bad sunburn," Natalie concluded. "And how about you?" Natalie asked Archy.

The Grandmaster and McCarthy stood for a moment, discussing the arrival of the "Hero" before the Grandmaster froze, he felt something that he hadn't felt since he came to Iwaku. though none around him could perceive it he smelled the taint of Chaos corruption so pure that only one answer could possibly be the answer "Commander, I understand we just finished fighting a war, but I cannot express the urgency with which you must evacuate these people. A grave darkness has just fallen over this land." he spotted a silver thunderhawk off in the distance, "Seems that fool's finally tracked me down, took him long enough." He stormed towards the castle fury echoing with each heavy boot step.

A single silver thunderhawk gunship descended from the sky, it bore the heraldry of the Inquisition and Grey Knights- the Stylized I, the Sword piercing a book- and was bedecked with skull iconography

Vakarian decended alone within, eager to find the renegade Grandmaster and to him the most obvious place to start hunting was at the top. After the pilots negotiated their landing Vakarian took the vox, "This is Inquisitor Vakarian Locke, it is Urgent that I speak with the lady Diana immediately" the area around it was swarming with noobs who parted to allow the gunship to land. It's ceramite doors opened to allow him to exit, the crowd obscuring his view of the angered Space Marine closing in on him.

Within the Castle Vakarian put his silver tongue to use the moment he was able to speak with Diana "Ahh Milady, this most humble servant of the left hand greets you, though I wish it were under better circumstances," he bowed in greeting before his tone shifted from Polite to Professional "I'm afraid there is a most dangerous renegade in your midst, one who seeks only spread carnage amongst a population already beleaguered by a most recently ended war" He paused a moment, to let his words sink in "I speak of the former Grey Knight Karsikan Banrae, who may still refer to himself by the the title Grandmaster, I cannot impress upon you the necessity of his immediate capture Milday" his age making his stern expression seem all the more serious.

Porg sighed a little from the sidelines, so much seemed to be happening and he was finding it hard to get his head around it. He was getting conflicting impressions of just about everyone to boot, and that wasn't helping to get his head straight. He breathed out slowly and pinched the bridge of his nose as he leaned back against the stone barrier that lined the edge of the raised platform he'd ended up on.

Looking around the area he tried to slow down his thoughts but that just allowed the one he was trying to drown out come back again. Everyone was with people, Diana had a lot more allies than he'd have guessed and the group he'd arrived with had all split off with people, once again he was alone in a crowd-

"Mr Jack?" Jack started a bit, but smiled as he looked around to see Obskeree floating next to him. Of course he wasn't alone, he never was, just being silly, always just being silly. "Mr Jack, could we go to the party now?"

Jack looked at he a second, the thoughts of the party had been pushed out of his mind and he took a few seconds to retrieve the memory. "Oh right yeah, that's a good idea lets do that.." Jack said, pushing himself off the short wall to stand up straight.

"Mr Jack are you ok?" Obskeree asked as they made their way into the castle to where Diana had gestured.

"Uhm yeah, just, trying to get some things straight in my head.." He said, looking back to Diana, standing with her acquaintances. "Just.. not sure what to make of some things.."

[Porg feels alone and realises he isn't when Obskeree pokes him. He finally moves on to the party, and expresses doubts about Diana.]

[[Sorry I disappeared, moving back to Uni got on top of me >>]]

"Then I have a very important task for you, Zypher..." What Diana was about to say was quickly swallowed on the Inquisitor's arrival. Her look of annoyance was quickly masked, but not the raise of her eyebrow and her obvious suspicion. This was a man who wanted to play politics. Dangerous ones at that...

"Your concern is noted, Inquisitor. I will keep that name in mind." That simple statement didn't seem to get her point across, as the man mad no motions of leaving and looked as if he had much more to say. Diana gestured a hand towards Zypher. "Let me introduce you to the new King Regent. Until Iwaku's True King is reclaimed and the land resettled, Zypher will be the guiding hand of Iwaku City."

Diana leaned slightly towards Zypher with a half smile. "I meant to tell you before announcing it to the world, but the Inquisitor here seems to have a very serious problem."

Zypher awaited Lady Diana's words with bated breath. As she was about to reveal what she was to say they were rather rudely interrupted by the arrival of the Inquisitor. Zypher turned his head to stare idly. Everything that the Inquisitor said was rather boring to him but he paid attention regardless, it appeared that this Karsikan person was of great importance to the Inquisitor but for what reason? Could this person really be trusted?

Zypher's gaze shifted back to Diana, he knew her expressions, he had spent enough time serving her, it appeared that she didn't trust the Inquisitor any more then he did. With a bright smile Diana introduced him as the new King Regent, he liked the sound of that Regent Zypher huh? I could get used to the sound of that but as soon as Rory returns I suppose I'll just have to give it back. That's okay, Westy here will certainly keep tabs on me.

With a small bow to the Inquisitor he leaned back towards Diana, thankful she was there. "It's not a problem Mi'lady, I'll just have to make sure your orders are followed through, and you're free to do what you will in Iwaku, I do hope you got my report that I sent just before my group was attacked by the noobs." He nodded and then turned his gaze back.

"Well Inquisitor, what do you suggest on finding this Karsikan person? What is the importance of his capture?"

"The importance of his capture, cannot be stressed enough my young reagent," The inquisitor bowed slightly to Zypher "he is a dangerous rebel, and will likely try to overthrow the current power structure of this world, and see every last man woman and child murdered or sent into a downward spiral into the endless pits of debauchery." He held out a datapad with an image of The Grandmaster on it "As for where he can be found, your guess is as good as mine, I've only just arrived here, I would suggest asking any prominent military figures around as a first start. Failing that look to anywhere people would live in desperation, they would be the easiest to sway toward the forces of Chaos."

Malcious laughter followed the Inquisitor's words, as Sindri coalesced at Zypher's side
Lapdogs chasing lapdogs? delicious The Sorcerer circled the conversation, staring intently at the Inquisitor
My my, aren't we a little contradiction. Sindri pulled back, turning his head in the direction of the entrance as he began to dissapate
Worry not brother, your quarry approaches again Malicious laughter punctuated the sorcerer's exit, blackish blue smoke swirling at the Inquisitor's feet.

At one edge of the Hall, A cloaked figure made a hasty exit, both arms clutching at a squarish object at its side.

"Command you Reading this?" the figure whispered hoarsely as he ran from the castle, his gaze firmly planted on the ground below him, not noticing the flesh and adamantium bulwark that strode in the opposite direction, the scout's gaze flicked up at the last moment as the Grey Knight Grandmaster slammed into him, the scout falling backwards with a surprised grunt, his cloak flying open to reveal his scout armor and the Crimson thunder insignia on his chest cover.
his eyes widened even more when he realized who he had run into
"My apologies Lord, but you must come with me, the chapter Master and the General will want your input on this event, it seems you are hunted" the Scout said as he hauled himself to his feet.

Unknown Location

"Where...am I?" Chaos glanced around in what was essentially darkness. But wasn't it was just day?

"You're safe at least," answered a voice.

"Am I dead?"

"Nope. Not dead in the slightest."

".........."

"What's wrong?"

"I should be dead," Chaos glanced around to see who was speaking to him. Black. Too much black to see even two feet in front of him.

"You're right. You probably should be dead. But the point is you're not."

"But was I dead?"

"I can't say for sure. What I can say for sure is you're essentially in a place right now where dimensions sort of meet. Hm...is that the best way to explain it? Maybe not. I dunno."

"You sure as hell remind me of--"

"Rory? Yeah, that sucks for you doesn't it? You drag yourself to the castle half dead and have to cope with the fact that your best friend in Iwaku is gone," Chaos could help but imagine a man shrugging and shaking his head with little interest.

"No...not gone. Not him. I know him well enough to know that he's thinking up some philosophical bullshit as to why this is required when he's probably just evading some problem he doesn't want to deal with."

"Well you would know, wouldn't you?"

"No, as a matter of fact I don't and its rather pissing me off. You spend time with someone you expect a straight fucking answer every so often. I'd need explosives, a crow bar, and insane amounts of luck to pry an answer out of him...wait, what's happening?"

"You're waking up. Apparently those two got you some medical attention."

"Wait, who are--"

The Harbinger

Chaos opened his eyes and felt the injuries he had were closed and for the most part, pain free. However...

"Why the fuck does it feel like no one ever follows instructions anymore?"

...this wasn't the Castle. Chaos sat up with a growl of fatigue, took a deep breath, and sighed. Ragnarok was propped up in the corner.

"Well at least it was healing magic..."

Chaos loathed regular doctors. Their methods were perfectly valid and healed just fine, but they took so damn long to take effect. Ironic Chaos would hate them as first aid was his only method of keeping himself from falling apart in the field now that his old regenerative powers were gone.

"That's right...I'm back to basics...Soul arts. That's all I have now. And even those aren't what they used to be."

Chaos looked up at the two people that, despite his blurred vision before, he recognized as the people who has saved him.

"Hey," he spoke up to get their attention, "What the hell is going on around here? I mean literally. What's going on in the world right now? And where am I?"

[Summary: Chaos regroups and asks Archy and Natalie what is going on in the world.]

The Grandmaster offered a hand, and hauled The Scout to his feet, "That much I know Brother-Scout, I saw his Thunderhawk touch down outside the castle. My question..." a thought popped into his head you must first determine the nature of victory "nevermind, it would be best left for another time" The Grandmaster followed The Scout out of the castle and into his landing craft, it's design was forigen to him, not that he particularly cared about that right now, His mind was elsewhere. He must have a reason, more than just capturing me, he thought every step that man takes is coldy calculated, he dosen't do a thing that dosen't further his plans, emperor forbid they should come to fruition.

a few moments later they exited the atmosphere, and Karsikan saw Machine's Rest through the observation port, "So Pratus is here too.." his voice trails off, and Karsikan had the look of a man betrayed.

The Inquisitor kept his cool in the face of Sindri, "How rude."

Jack walked into the great hall, Obskeree flitting behind him. A cluster of journalists and cameraman suddenly perked up as he walked through the archway and quickly sagged as they realised the figure that walked into the room wasn't anyone they knew or cared about.

"Oh.. screw you" Jack said half-heartedly and waved a hand at the clustered reporters as he made his way across the room towards the heaving hourderves table. The room was huge, and empty, and him and Obskeree were the only people there, save for the small cluster of journalists and their colleagues and a band who were tuning their instruments unenthusiastically.

"Guh, I think everyone must still be outside." Jack said as he grabbed a paper plate and begun to pile it high with various snacks.

"Are you going to eat all that?" Obskeree asked as he placed the 5th cupcake onto the small plate.

"Oh probably not, but I might as well give it a shot ey?" he replied, adding a 3rd sausage roll to his hoard.

Obskeree laughed merrily, watching the stack of food get more and more impressive before turning out and looking at the vast empty room, the noises from the stage definitely less-than-tuneful.

"This is a bad party," she announced as an authority on the topic. "If I threw this party back home, I'd get de-winged again."

Jack paused. "That's harsh!"

"We take our fun seriously. And this is boring." She flew around a bit, enjoying a lack of obstacles. "I don't want to be here if its like this. I'd rather make my own party somewhere else, wouldn't you?"

"Make my own party…" Jack pondered for a moment before looking to her."I'm sure everyone will come in soon and it'll pick up…" he assured the fairy, taking his finished plate to a table and sitting at it. Obskeree landed on the table and sat beside his plate. She huffed indignantly - hating the thought of having to wait.

[Jack and Obskeree enter the party. It is empty except for a few journalists and associated people, and a band tuning up. Jack snags a load of party food and has a conversation with Obskeree about how boring it is and making their own party.]

[[Written by Porg and Obskeree]]

"Ah....it's a bit different for me."

Archy took some time to glance around the interior of the ship and think of what to say. The mages were tending to that man they brought in as well as they could, and it looked like he'd make it.

"Well...see, I'm what's called a planeswalker. I can move from world to world if I want to, though it's not exactly easy, and have done so for the past...well, as long as I can remember. Still, there's a lot to experience, and stuff fades from my memory in due time. I can only recall back a jump or two, but it's mostly been adventuring stuff. Left after stuff got boring or too hot to handle. Nothing too interesting, really."

She looked off at the ship's ceiling, thinking back as to how everyone she had met last time was doing. Great, Natalie had gotten her started on this whole track of thought again....thankfully, the injured man spoke up, providing a much-needed distraction.

"Well, stuff's been pretty hectic. Giant transdimensional spiders showed up and started wrecking stuff, Rory vanished, Asmo got better, got crazy, and is now presumably dead, and Shapeshifter Town has been toggled to 'Off'. Other than that there's a new person from out of this world who's gonna try to help out called Diana, but not too much. Any other questions?"