2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Hello, members of Iwaku!

As you might have noticed in your time on Iwaku, the staff members are an important part of the site here. We like to have enough staff members to make sure that they can be present around the site, be available to help out by answering questions or using a little of their mod magic, and keep the site organized and healthy.

Maybe you haven't really thought much about the staff here, but hopefully you've at least seen them around! If you haven't thought about them, now is a perfect chance to start! You can learn about different staff members and what they do by clicking this link.

If you have thought about staff, have you perhaps wondered how someone becomes a member of staff on Iwaku? You don't have to have the highest post count, the most followers, or be Iwaku famous - the requirements are a lot more accessible than that! You can take a look at them in their full form here, but I'll lay it out really quickly as well:

- Be a member for at least 4 months: This one is easy and is just a way to try to make sure that our candidates intend to stay on Iwaku
- Be a daily active member without too many real-life commitments: Staff need to be around to do all those things I mentioned before. We don't expect perfect attendance, and we understand taking time away for a vacation or to focus on exams, but overall the staff need to be active members.
- Be involved in one or more roleplays: Another easy one - if you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk (and Iwaku is a roleplay site! Staff need to roleplay).
- Post 1 to 5 new topics a week in ANY forum: This one is somewhat flexible but ensures that staff are contributing to the community and making sure it doesn't stagnate.
- Post a submission/post to YOUR area or project once a week: This one feels a bit vague but it's because the staff are divided into sections and different staff have different duties. As long as you're actively working on your section's duties, there's no need to worry on this one.
- Have a good reputation amongst members and be a role model to the community: The staff are held to a slightly higher standard than the rest of the members. We expect them to be good models for community behavior. Again, they don't have to win a popularity contest but they shouldn't be insulting members, getting into fights, breaking Iwaku rules, etc.
- Be respectful toward authority and coworkers: This goes hand in hand with the last one, but just emphasises that staff is a team and we don't allow inter-staff bullying and expect staff to respect both one another and the admin team.

That may look like a lot of things, but most active members probably meet the majority of these!

Now onward to the fun part about why you should apply for staff!

- It's fun! We have fun. We talk and goof around too. Maybe too much fun (have you seen this thread?)
- Have you been longing for bumping abilities but don't have spare money? You get shiny donator-type perks for donating your blood, sweat, tears, and time!
- The name colors are awesome, 'nuff said.
- You get neat buttons to push.
- You get to feel good about helping to shape Iwaku's present and future!

Are you sold? Want to submit an application?

CLICK HERE!

Seriously, y'all should join. We're just a bunch of goofballs who donate some extra time a week to help this lovely site out.

really we just have no lives

Good. We haven't gotten fresh ingredients for the hot pot for ageees.

Yeah :) It's a great experience, and our leaders are shiny and wonderful! Also, there's cake!

Disclaimer: there is no actual cake.

I bite a lot though. 8D

Disclaimer: there is no actual cake.
But there are cupcakes, sparkles and head pats. True News, you won't regret it!

And yeah, some biting. Or lots? Hmm...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and Reina
Come one, come all! We're a fun bunch! We promise.

(hides the intern pot)

It's great! Lots of pats! Minimal biting...on most days <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and Greenie
And you get exclusive access to more aggressive flirting between the admins! :D

MILD CLARIFICATION DUE TO SOME CONFUSION: We want to see applicants and Staff make an honest effort to post threads regularly, to roleplay and keep the community alive. We might hire you anyways and you won't get fired just because you're not posting a new thread every week.

MILD CLARIFICATION DUE TO SOME CONFUSION: We want to see applicants and Staff make an honest effort to post threads regularly, to roleplay and keep the community alive. We might hire you anyways and you won't get fired just because you're not posting a new thread every week.
*whistles innocently*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
I'm juggling with this decision so much >.<

I'm just afraid I don't have enough time what with school and all. Is my being on mobile all the time an issue? Do I have to know how to code well?

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and Greenie

I'm just afraid I don't have enough time what with school and all. Is my being on mobile all the time an issue? Do I have to know how to code well?
I do staff work all the time on my iPhone, although it is a bit of a pain. As an intern (which you'll start out as), the work you'll be doing definitely won't require any coding. In fact, unless you end up as an administrator down the line, I'm pretty sure no coding will be necessary. xD I certainly don't do any. I just click buttons.

Mobile is a possible concern because of access to mod powers and the potential for accidents, but we've had moderators who were majority mobile users who didn't have issues. It really depends. You would just need to be super mindful of buttons.

You also don't need to know coding at all! Though it's a plus if you do.

Funny story. I do most of my staff work on mobile cause I find it less intimidating that mouse-clicking xD

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and noodle
I do staff work all the time on my iPhone, although it is a bit of a pain. As an intern (which you'll start out as), the work you'll be doing definitely won't require any coding. In fact, unless you end up as an administrator down the line, I'm pretty sure no coding will be necessary. xD I certainly don't do any. I just click buttons.

Ah, okay!

Mobile is a possible concern because of access to mod powers and the potential for accidents, but we've had moderators who were majority mobile users who didn't have issues. It really depends. You would just need to be super mindful of buttons.

You also don't need to know coding at all! Though it's a plus if you do.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured....sometimes I hit the wrong rating button when I'm not wearing my glasses but I'd be super careful to wear them with all those extra buttons.

I know how to do a spoiler, that's about it. My last actual coding endeavor took two hours and it was ridiculously simple XD

In that case, I might fill out an application. :3 we'll see.

They won't let me sit in the coffee pot anymore so now I knock everyone's mugs off tables. Ò◇Ó

They won't let me sit in the coffee pot anymore so now I knock everyone's mugs off tables. Ò◇Ó
It was my favourite mug too.

RIP

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Reina
You'll even get access to the #staff on Iwaku's discord channel! :D

Still unsure whether or not that's a good thing 8D

Yesss, apply! You get to do modly things and hang out with some of the goofiest people on the site :3 it's all fabulous!

• Love
Reactions: Greenie