Iwaku Summer Book Club!

What books should we read this Summer? (Only select one from each genre)

• SCI-FI: Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir

• SCI-FI: Winter's Orbit by Everina Maxwell

• HORROR: White is For Witching by Helen Oyeyemi

• HORROR: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

• ADVENTURE: Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel

• ADVENTURE: The Spear Cuts Through the Water by Simon Jimenez

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

MaryGold

terrified to be known, desperate to be understood
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.
eeeeeeeeeep.png

We're back, back, back again! And just as last June, we are bringing forth the Iwaku Summer Book Club for all who may be interested and more to get involved. As a little reminder, this club's purpose is to bring members together to read some books and discuss them afterward. If you have a goal of pages or books to read before the end of the year, this may help you get there! This is our second year bringing this club back, so I hope more and more of you will join us.

Last year our themes were; Fantasy, Mystery, and Fiction, where we read the books Ariadne by Jennifer Saint, The 7 and 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, and Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune. The last one was a favorite amongst our members! And I have no doubt we'll find another jewel in this year's selection.

In celebration of pride month, all of the books selected to vote on feature queer characters and/or are written by queer authors! Happy voting and happy pride!

Things You'll Need to Know:
  • The official goal is to read 3 books in total. Each of which is picked from different genres and voted on what will be read out of the options offered.
  • All of the books chosen are 400-600 pages.
  • The discussions will take place on a book club discussion thread that will be linked after votes are announced.
  • After a book is completed, there will be 30-60 minute voice chat in the Iwaku Discord that anyone can hop in on! All for a live discussion.
  • You don't need to read all of the books to participate, you only need to read one of them with us.
  • Readings for each week will be assigned by chapters.
  • Anyone can join at any time!
  • If you're interested, cast your votes and hop in with us!
Feel free to get any style of book you'd like! Can be hardcover, paperback, kindle, and even audiobook. Without, further ado, the three genres chosen for this summer are:

Science Fiction - Horror - Adventure

Vote on which book for each category you would like to read this summer! Voting will last until June 7th at 11:59 EST and thereafter @Reina or I will post what books were chosen to be read. June 14th is when the first chapter readings will be posted. The time between the 8th and 14th will be time for participants to retrieve the book(s).

NOTE: For those who may not have access to obtain any or all of these books but still want to participate, I am providing pdf and EPUB copies. If you need one, message me in PMs or Discord (I'll be faster to answer on Discord).

Science Fiction
4.png

Horror
5.png

Adventure
6.png

How can I choose when I want to read them all?!!? I have cast my vote though! Excited for this as usual!

• Love
Reactions: MaryGold
im very excited to see what gets chosen! :o

Have you gotten your votes in?! Deadline is in two days!

Vote vote vote!

One more day! Voting closes tomorrow at midnight EST!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lyrikai
@Reina Midnight in which time zone? ( Because in EST, it says 6:15 PM)

LAST DAY! VOTING CLOSES TONIGHT AT 11:59PM EST!

!!!VOTING IS OVER!!!
And here are our winners!
June 14th
is when the first chapter readings will be posted. The time between the 8th and 14th will be time for participants to retrieve the book(s).

Science Fiction
Horror
Adventure
Gideon-the-Ninth-cover.jpg

Summer Sons.jpg
The Spear Cuts Through the Water.jpg