Iwaku SHATTERED - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have to separate you two?

*munches on popcorn*

Your request for reversal of Asmo cyber-violation is being processed by an Administrator. Please wait...

I'll change one of my old posts to your name, so it looks like you chickened before Tegan's eggs.

Also, the reason a lot of people have similar ideas to you is that people have similar ideas to you. I'm sure you and Tegan can find mutually conducive roles that don't crowd the cooky quotient. After all, I'll only be establishing sexual tension with one of you.

You, JackShade, Paorou, Ampoule, and Tegan aren't exactly " a lot of people." Who have I forgotten?

But, again, that doesn't bother me. I've seen that similar concepts between multiple players bothers a lot of GMs and players on the net so I had to address it. My personal issue was the deletion-distrust. I want to change my habit of disappearing but it doesn't bode well when I'm getting deleted before we even start. Save it for your threads, at the least. And don't worry about chicken-egging or whatever. I feel better now that we've discussed it. Game on.

Purely an accident. I didn't notice it as a reservation post and it got swept up in the mass-select. Distrust was never a factor. My bad.

Ah, okay. Now aren't you glad we talked this out instead of bottling it up and having me seethe at you with anger born of misunderstanding?

Tegan, hug him on my behalf.

Make it a good hug. A warm one. But without too much groping. You will receive monetary compensation by month's end.

Shut up, Coffee.

*sips his whisky and stares at the bug zapper by the lake*

This is getting weird. We believe you think your own thoughts, Coffee, truly. Unless you start sucking on Tegan's ear for ideas.

Run along now. I intend to make merry with Zen's hooter, anyway. I might even let her touch my beast.

I feel this is an opportune time to mention that I can manipulate bones. Not entirely sure why.

I've got a magic sword.

Currently trying to wrestle together a character that's actually based off of my old one from the Elder Invasion. Does no good having an idea that doesn't make any sense. Hopefully can work something out tonight, currently brainstorming.

So, after some hard work, and paying drunk literary dwarves, here we are! Ok, so maybe they weren't literary, but they were drunk!

Name: Kaze
Race/Class/Type: Human
Based Upon: Kamikaze_Sensei (shortened to Kaze now)
Appearance:
Kilik.jpg

Normal Form: very much like the picture, only the muscle mass has decreased a good portion, as if he was suffering from malnutrition. His face is a bit more gaunt, with bits of stubble around his cheeks, his bones more pronounced.

Corrupted Form: His skin color becomes a charcoal grey, eyes pitch black, as well as his hair. He lacks pupils now, eyes just 2 black orbs set in his head. His body is considerable stockier, and veins pop out over his arms, neck, legs, etc. His face is emotionless, the only change is when wincing in pain.

Normal Equipment: Black cloak and a satchel with basic items.
Special Equipment: A staff that has been enchanted to enhance wind magic, as well as making sturdier and more lightweight than the original material was.
General Abilities: Is generally pretty good at figuring out how things work, having a mind that can easily process the mechanics something may have. This is due mainly to his love of tinkering, his hands always itching to take apart something to learn more about it.
Special Abilities:
Normal Form: Has control over the wind, though his ability has weakened and now he's really only capable of using defensive magic, not strong enough to perform the more strenuous offensive skills.

He also has the ability to restore any object to prior working condition just by a mere touch, such as restoring a sword from rust. The more complex the item, the more focus and energy it takes up, and he much have all main pieces present. He can't just take a wheel from a race car and assemble the whole damn thing there.

Corrupted Form: He trades the magic of wind for that of gravity, the area in a 6 foot radius subject to his crushing gravity. This ability is static, and can't be turned off until reverted back. He can increase it, though this takes focus, to the point where he can't move while doing so. Seems to be affected by his own magic, but only in the sense of slowly his own physical movement. His fists move faster than they should, and the gravity only seems to boost his power, making his fist more dense.

He also has much increased strength and physical stamina, turning him from a weak mage to something more akin to a juggernaut. He can take a beating, given how dense his body is.

Weaknesses:
Normal Form: Is lacking in strong physical attributes: strength, stamina, speed, etc. The curse that afflicts him robs him of these things, and is now reliant on his staff, using it as a cane in times where his strength truly fails him. His curse drains him slowly, bringing him closer and closer to death, devouring him from within. He is prone to bouts of fever, coughing, and uncontrollable shaking.

Also has no control over the transformation process as of yet, so he is unable to summon it of his own volition. It only comes out when his life is in immediate danger.

Corrupted Form: Is lacking any sort of communicative abilities, or signs that he truly recognizes what's going on. He just fights the immediate threat, with no bearing on his surroundings or who his allies are. Also, while his strength is vastly improved, he moves slowly, body now too bulky to move at a fast pace.

Personality: Since the Shattering, Kaze's personality has changed from what it was. Having his history ripped from his memories, he's left with a hollow feeling, that a large part of him is missing. This manifests itself in his daily activities, tending to keep to himself. This isn't due to being shy, more of the fact that he gets lost in thought frequently, his mind trying different routes to try to uncover his memories that surely lurk within. However, upon confrontation, one would be surprised to learn of the fire that still burns within. His passion to discover who he truly is, who he was, is great, and is the force that drives him through life, keeping his weakening body moving despite the fatigue that quickly builds up. It's become his obsession, and until he completes it he will continue searching or die.

His Corrupted form has no personality, as it is just a mindless brute.
History: Kaze originally hailed from History Isle, and as such had numerous memories of his time there, maintaining the glorious history that was Iwaku. The Key-word in this is had. Kaze now remembers nothing of his time there, and doesn't even know that he once was there, let alone lived there as an acolyte. These memories are lost to him somewhere in his subconscious.

However, whatever befell upon History Isle and the rest of Iwaku affected him as well, giving him what he monikers as his Curse. Looking something like a tattoo, it's black in color, painting an intricate pattern of swirls on his skin, originating from the small of his back. At first, Kaze didn't regard it as something to worry about, but as it spread across his body, he noticed his body beginning to fail him. His once lithe and agile body could no longer do the things he once did with ease.

Determined to get rid of it, Kaze had gone to a healing mage, in hopes of removing it. However, that seemed to have triggered something within the Curse itself, as upon being treated with magic, it enveloped his entire body, and transformed him into a hulking brute. His magic unleashed itself and destroyed the simple mage's home. When Kaze came to, not only had the tattoo grown on his skin, but the mage was dead, crushed into a pulp, barely recognizable. Kaze fled, keeping to himself, afraid of what had happened.

He wandered around, essentially becoming homeless, going from shelter to shelter. Then one fateful day, he heard rumors about some History Isle, a place that may have answers about what has befallen the land. This triggered something in the mind of KAze: He didn't know why, but he needed to get to the place known as History Isle. A calling, one could say, though unexplainable. So Kaze, with this lone goal in mind, set out to find a way to get there, knowing his time is limited.

Standing by for approval, or revisions!

*rattles prison bars*

Grumpy! Get us out of here before we resort to cannibalism! *takes a bite out of a human leg*

HUSH YOUR NOISE, WOMAN, I AM PLOTTING.

...ahem...

[SIZE=+3]GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE; WE'RE LIVE.[/SIZE]

Why yes, I am using the old IC thread. I love me some continuity.

Here's the breakdown, folks; those characters who were previously involved in the RP (ie. returning cast) will find themselves waking up in the ship much like Aeolus has, those characters who are new (and if you're a returning player but want to 'restart' your character, as it were) are in Fragment City somewhere, doing... stuff.

The awakening characters are going to be dazed and rather confused, as if waking up from a very long sleep and finding themselves in a completely different place. Post accordingly. To the characters in Fragment City, please don't interrupt the mysterious NPC-types; they are busy being mysterious and talking cryptically about things to come. Mill about in the marketplace and try not to cut yourself on any sharp objects.

We're gonna go with a similar drill to last time; [size=+4]ONE WEEK FROM NOW[/size] (ie. the 31st of August) the introductory period shall end and plot shall drop. Until then, get your characters introduced. Interact with each other. Get to know your surroundings. Summon skeletons and trash a bar for no good reason.

Let's do this thang, peeps. Glad to have you all aboard, and anyone who's lurking on the fringes wondering if they should join, yes you should; get the fuck in here.

I notice you are writing in a sort-of present tense. Should we do the same?

My educated guess:

No. Not unless you want to. You'll notice an assortment of styles and tenses in what's come before in the IC.

In the old days were were bigger on homogenizing writing styles, but now we live in a wiser world.

Just try your best to make sense and be legible. That would be my advice. :)

@Grumpy:After our exchange over PM, I've decided to scale Madeleine back a little and tweak her personality. The new version is visible while the old is hidden in spoilers. I imagine you won't mind me dialing down her competence while giving her a sober and more proactive personality.

*The Ghost of Past Tense*

I really don't mind what style you choose to write in; whichever is more comfortable for you works for me, really.

Updated character looks all good to me, Coffee.

You can indeed, Sakura. I haven't said who Aeolus is kneeling over, so that's an opening right there if you're looking to introduce your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.