Iwaku SHATTERED - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profile is fixed. I have a cute little owl now. XD

He's probably far from reaching it. Mythos games tend to be ambitious! This gathering we've got is a humble (if promising) one. Come mingle.

What Coffee said; jump on in if you're interested.

Our cap is reached once all the good players have joined. Once the bad players start joining, we're over our cap.

*Wonders if hes a good player* T_T

*throws bios at Grumpy's feet* HERE! Here are the overly detailed bios that I won't even use during the roleplay! >:(

gibbousshattered.jpg

Name: Gibbous
Race/Class/Type: Werewolf, enforcer for The Order
Based Upon: Woof.

Normal Equipment: Guitar. Katana. Glasses (fashion statement). Bourbon. Sandwich.
Special Equipment:

General Abilities:

He could play the guitar just like ringin’ a bell. Hunting, interrogation and torture come pretty natural, too. Drinking is a regular past time.

Special Abilities:

He’s a Motherfucking Werewolf
He’s strong and fast. Oh yeah, he can smell liars, thieves, rats, teen spirit, your cunt, and fear.

Whacks Tailor and John Wayne
The various stages of his wolf transformation and the level of ‘human...ess’ he can retain. You’ll figure out which is which.

Weaknesses:

For the most part, Gibbous has control over his wolfish tendencies, except during that full moon thing. Kind of a drag, really. If you shot him in the face, he would laugh at you. If you shot him in the face with a silver bullet, he would most definitely, probably, die.

Don’t let him eat chocolate or grapes, it’s bad for dogs. But fuck me, that stuff is good.

Personality: “Et in Arcadia Ego sumbitch.”
History:
Gibbous is an enforcer and he always has been. The rest is just history; useless filler.

Name: Arcadia Arkie Mark
Race/Class/Type: Noobi girl from Mars

Normal Equipment: Stuff that keeps her alive, like food and pot.
Special Equipment: Dimebag of holding.
General Abilities: Normal chick stuff.

Special Abilities:

I’ll Try Defying Gravity (And Continuity)
A humanoid being with wings should just be an awkward, bumbling sad sack of shitty literature. But thanks to the Shattering properties in Iwaku, Arkie as able to maintain stable flight and grace in her movements....Most of the time. She’s got an innate Binding pulse and she can’t control when and where it goes off.

Hawkeye
Her right eye, the blue one, possesses raptor vision-- No, not everything looks like raptors. It means she can make out fine details from a long distance. It also means she’s sensitive to things like sudden changes of light, so no lightswitch raves, assholes.

Deadeye
Her left eye, which is gold, can see the loopholes in the text. This allows her to exploit red herrings, tropes, million to one chances and, sometimes, even the parts that look like they’ve been erased. Too bad this eye is blind most of the time and when it does actually work, she’s left with a headache that could down a megalodon. Don’t know what that is? Use your local library. Or read more about it in the Bible.

Oh yeah, most of her vision is concentrated into one hyper-visioned eye. She’s got headaches no matter what.

Weaknesses:

If she forgets to eat or inhale, she will die. Also, if you shot her in the face, she would die. She probably gets high a little more than she should.

Personality: Well-meaning stoner mystery solver.
History: She’s not from around Iwaku. In fact, she just kind of got here. But there’s definitely something fishy going on here and she’s going to find out what it is!

Name: Tegan Greenkey
Race/Class/Type: Sand Witch
Based Upon: Your whore mother who sucks cocks in hell.

Normal Equipment: The random crap she finds in the desert and uses as fashion accessories.
Special Equipment:

Skeleton Umbrella
It’s got some residual Shattering properties that sometimes work. It creates a temporary blip in reality around the user which allows them to move through a scene unnoticed.

Rag’n Bone
She’s got a bag full of oracular bird bones. Or at least she says they’re oracular. It’s probably just a scam for your money.

General Abilities: Building sandcastles, walking funny, confusing onlookers, ruining a perfectly good conversation

Special Abilities:

Walkin’ with a ghost
She can see dead people and they can see her shower. She sure misses showering.

Cosmik Debris
Card tricks, dissapearing tricks, tricks of the light, it’s all mostly for show.

Weaknesses:

She’s kind of crazy and would die if you shot her in the face.

Personality: Unhinged sideshow tramp.
History: Tegan doesn’t remember anything about the Iwaku that was, or anything before that. She doesn’t understand why everyone else wants to. Who cares about the past?

Bwahaha, finally someone making a sandwitch! *giggles uncontrollably*

You know it bothers me when my character sheet reservations get deleted, especially after Tegan posts, given the similarities in the types of character concepts and details we tend to come up with. It makes me look like a copycat.

I posted the sheet but it started glitching up the same way Roberta's char sheet did so Reverted until I could make a non glitchy version.

Next time, at least warn me. Please?

EDIT at Tegan: Great Minds, indeed. Madeleine was inspired partly by listening to "Rag and Bone" while reading the original OOC thread at work. :P

Name:Madeleine Fracturas
Race/Class/Type:Curio Collector/Sentiment Alchemist
Based Upon: Unknown(Maybe its her motivation?[/hint, hint])
Appearance:
HeyDarksideFeetOffTheCar1.jpg
Madeleine dresses just the tiniest bit garish for someone

scavenging to survive with a fondness for wearing odd trinkets she finds as makeshift jewelry or

accessories. Her most consistent item is a small rosary holding symbols for each of Iwaku's

Archetypes in its beads.

Normal Equipment:

Bric-a-bracs
Carpentry and Chemistry Equipment
Lighter
Coats lined with ampoules, vials, and beakers
Pen and Parchment Paper
Archetype Rosary

Special Equipment:
Psychic Distillery- Various tools, seemingly mundane and otherwise, used to siphon off and

alter copies of memories.[Centering]

Magic Carpet- Flying transportation. Not very big.[Channeling]

Carpet Bag Ateliers- Twin carpet bags that hold her Shop and her alchemy lab respectively
while traveling about. They are populated by sassy, mischeivious but ultimately benign homunculi

who are actually more like tame benevolent poltergeists or ethereal shinentai created from
specially-treated mixtures of memories. They act as staff and assistants to her shop but can move no
further than fifty feet beyond the walls of the shops. [Channeling/Shattering]

Music Memory Box-A bi-product of secret collaborative experiments with other, more
traditional magic users to create a tool that could reliably target specific memory types and make
Madeline's work easier. It resembles a crystal ball(as such "technology" was its basis) and responds
to musical thoughts only, allowing the user to share low-fi reproductions of auditory memories and
store them for revisiting.[Centering/Channeling]

Memory Solvent aka "Brain Bleach"-Memory erasure substance. Dangerous stuff. Usually only

for cleaning. Plot Coupon/Chekov's Gun.

General Abilities:
Reasonably fit(Managing, cleaning, and repairing the shop all with little help requires it).
Keen Intellect(during moments of clarity)
Incomplete Chemical and Alchemical Knowledge
Intuitive leaps and phenomenal cold reading(When she actually has the right combination of presence
of mind and focus)

Special Abilities:
Sentiment Alchemist- Limited ability to interact with memories and emotions as though
they were tangible objects.[Centering/Channeling]

Psychic Sommelier- Empathy, limited mindreading and psychiometry. Certain thoughts and
emotions have a recurring "feel" to them. Madeleine can sometimes pick up on these, thus gaining a
vague or crude impression of what someone is feeling or thinking.[Centering]

Sentiment Brewer and Memory Moonshine- Liney's passion and more carefully-guarded business is
the creation of "Mnemonics"--elixirs, incenses, and victuals all imprinted with potent memories and
emotions.

The most common are pure and common experiences. The priciest are fabrications--new experiences
created from careful remixing of old memories into something undeniably "real" that never actually
occurred.

Her Mnemonics are a bit controversial(among those who even know about them) in that some--such as
Maddie herself--believe they can cause old real memories to resurface. Others believe this is just
the mind losing its grasp of an already tenuous reality. She's started work on an Ultimate Mnemonic
that she suspects can genuinely restore complete memories. She has two principle "formulas" but
hopes to narrow it down to one.[Soul Arts/Dreamweaving]

Weaknesses:
Sniffing around the minds of others is dangerous, especially when one's been hitting
Mnemonic brews a little too often, which for Madeleine, is usually the case. And so it shouldn't be
surprising how much Maddie struggles to remember just what she, herself, is thinking, feeling
herself drown among outside inner voices.

That's she's arguably addicted to her own product doesn't help.

Neither should it be assumed she's always better sober. She's just as prone to overcompensation,
sometimes shutting out everything and everyone unrelated to her goals, becoming more driven and
focused, but also callous, recklessly arrogant, and self-absorbed.

Also Madeleine's mind-skimming abilities vary with effort, the clarity of her own mind, and how

recognizable her target's thought patterns are.

And most fun of all, the science of sentiment alchemy is a rough one. And although Madeleine works

hard to remove certain details and stimuli from her mixtures, she isn't always completely

successful. Side-effects ensue--sometimes horrifically so.

She's also a wanted woman in certain parts of Iwaku due to complications arising from her Mnemonic potions.

Not much of a physical fighter. Even if she manages to siphon off effective combat-related memories

(as opposed to the pain and fear invovled), there's still that whole lack of physical conditioning

thing to worry about.

Personality:
Eccentric, whimsical, curious, and confident in her abilities to the
point of recklessness. But beneath the surface is a contemplative sort capable of great feats of
intelligence and cunning when she isn't being an irresponsible memory-lush.

She likes to sing imperfectly-remembered songs. But due to the nature of memories in this setting,
especially her own, just about anything she sings devolves into a bizarre mashup of some kind.

Her signature tune is the whistling intro from Goldfrapp's "Lovely Head" though she can't remember where she heard it.

Notable Inspiration:
EXCISED for now.

History: There are things I'd like to put here, but they depend on degrees of trust and collaboration I'll probably need to earn first. I'm going to assume she's been living a nomad's lifestyle for some time before she finally managed to luck out and find a nice spot on the upper tier of Fragment Town. Though she officially lives on the upper tier, she makes multiple, semi-secret trips to the lower tier to play her Mnemoic trade. Beyond that? Get back to you?[/QUOTE][/FONT]

<tbody>
</tbody>

Revised Madeleine:
Name:Madeleine Fracturas
Race/Class/Type:Curio Collector/Sentiment Alchemist
Based Upon: Unknown(Maybe its her motivation?[/hint, hint])
Appearance:
mika-nakashima-113826-Copy.jpg
Madeleine dresses just the tiniest bit garish for someone

scavenging to survive with a fondness for wearing odd trinkets she finds as makeshift jewelry or

accessories. Her most consistent item is a small rosary holding symbols for each of Iwaku's
Archetypes in its beads.

Normal Equipment:

Bric-a-bracs
Carpentry and Chemistry Equipment
Lighter
Coats lined with ampoules, vials, and beakers
Pen and Parchment Paper
Archetype Rosary

Special Equipment:
Psychic Distillery- Various tools, seemingly mundane and otherwise, used to siphon off and
alter copies of memories.[Centering]

Magic Carpet- Flying transportation. Not very big.[Channeling]

Carpet Bag Ateliers- Twin carpet bags that hold her Shop and her alchemy lab respectively
while traveling about. They are populated by sassy, mischeivious but ultimately benign homunculi
who are actually more like tame benevolent poltergeists or ethereal shinentai created from
specially-treated mixtures of memories. They act as staff and assistants to her shop but can move no
further than fifty feet beyond the walls of the shops. [Channeling/Shattering]

Music Memory Box-A byproduct of secret collaborative experiments with other, more
traditional magic users to create a tool that could reliably target specific memory types and make
Madeline's work easier. It resembles a crystal ball(as such "technology" was its basis) and responds
to musical thoughts only, allowing the user to share low-fi reproductions of auditory memories and
store them for revisiting.[Centering/Channeling]

Memory Solvent aka "Brain Bleach"-Memory erasure substance. Dangerous stuff. Usually only
for cleaning. Plot Coupon/Chekov's Gun.

General Abilities:
Reasonably fit(Managing, cleaning, and repairing the shop all with little help requires it).
Keen Intellect
Incomplete Knowledge of Chemistry and Alchemy
Intuitive leaps of logic

Special Abilities:
Sentiment Alchemist- Limited ability to interact with memories and emotions as though
they were tangible objects.[Centering/Channeling]

Psychic Sommelier- Empathy, limited mindreading and psychiometry. Certain thoughts and
emotions have a recurring "feel" to them. Madeleine can sometimes pick up on these, thus gaining a
vague or crude impression of what someone is feeling or thinking.[Centering]

Sentiment Brewer and Memory Moonshine- Liney's passion and more carefully-guarded business is
the creation of "Mnemonics"--elixirs, incenses, and victuals all imprinted with potent memories and
emotions.

The most common are pure and common experiences. The priciest are fabrications--new experiences
created from careful remixing of old memories into something undeniably "real" that never actually
occurred.

Her Mnemonics are a bit controversial(among those who even know about them) in that some--such as
Maddie herself--believe they can cause old real memories to resurface. Others believe this is just
the mind losing its grasp of an already tenuous reality. She's started work on an Ultimate Mnemonic
that she suspects can genuinely restore complete memories. She has two principle "formulas" but
hopes to narrow it down to one.[Centering/Channeling]

Weaknesses:

She's curious to a fault.

Sniffing around the minds of others can be dangerous. Madeleine is experienced enough to realize this, but curiosity still often trumps security, and much like a natural sense of smell, she can involuntarily picks up unintended stimuli.

Madeleine's mental powers can also leave her struggling to remember just what she herself is thinking, suffering from a diminished sense of self and inability to act decisively.

The power to bottle and store pleasant feelings and memories makes retreating from reality and living in the past a very tempting prospect.

The science of sentiment alchemy is a rough one. And although Madeleine works hard to remove certain details and stimuli from her mixtures, she isn't always completely successful. Side-effects ensue--sometimes horrifically so.

Not much of a physical fighter. Even if she manages to siphon off effective combat-related memories (as opposed to the pain and fear involved), there's still that whole lack of physical conditioning

thing to worry about.

Personality:
Enthusiastic. Mildly eccentric, whimsical, curious to the point of invasiveness, but considerate by her own definition. :P A bit of a friendly loner with gung ho moments. She's confident in her abilities but still in the process of figuring out their limitations and how best to use them without harming herself or others unintentionally. She's generally nice, but the prospect of uncovering the past can bring out a more ambitious, ruthless, and pragmatic side.

She likes to sing imperfectly-remembered songs. But due to the nature of memories in this setting,
especially her own, just about anything she sings devolves into a bizarre mashup of some kind.

Her signature tune is the whistling intro from Goldfrapp's "Lovely Head" though she can't remember where she heard it.

Notable Inspiration:
EXCISED for now.

History: There are things I'd like to put here, but they depend on degrees of trust and collaboration I'll probably need to earn first. I'm going to assume she's been living a nomad's lifestyle for some time before she finally managed to luck out and find a nice spot on the upper tier of Fragment Town. Though she officially lives on the upper tier, she makes multiple, semi-secret trips to the lower tier to play her Mnemoic trade. Beyond that? Get back to you?

<tbody>
</tbody>

Good point, that. Who's been fucking with mah OOC?

*gets out the paddlin'-paddle*

We know it's Asmo. He likes to group all the charsheets at the front of an OOC. Doubting I'd post my charsheet while letting Jack Shade's sheetless post stay is only more of a dead give away. He's such a dick that way. Much as I am with not posting. ^_^

You know it bothers me when my character sheet reservations get deleted, especially after Tegan posts, given the similarities in the types of character concepts and details we tend to come up with. It makes me look like a copycat.

BTW, you being the senior member here, I think I am the one who appears to copies cats.

I posted the sheet but it started glitching up the same way Roberta's char sheet did so Reverted until I could make a non glitchy version.

Next time, at least warn me. Please?

EDIT at Tegan: Great Minds, indeed. Madeleine was inspired partly by listening to "Rag and Bone" while reading the original OOC thread at work. :P

;-; I didn't mean it!
If something I posted was too close to what you were going to do, I don't mind reworking. I've got an arsenal of reference jokes to base a character off of.

Oh yeah.

*Tegan and Asmo sitting on the couch*

Tegan: *looks over at Asmo deleting posts* ... Did Grumpy ask you to do that?
Asmo:... He did in spirit.
Tegan:...Spirit?
Asmo: He was giving off the signals.
Tegan: Was his OOC just asking for it with that little skirt?
Asmo: Basically.
Tegan: -_-

EDIT @ Coffee:

Wait... Did you have a character sheet already up in this OOC? And did it have a White Stripes reference in it? o_o I didn't see it, but I could have missed it because I was neglecting the fuck out of reading this OOC.

OH GOD-

So what you're saying is that Asmo has sexually assaulted my OOC.

DAMMIT, TEGAN. YOU HAD ONE JOB. >:[

Sounds like him too!

But nope. No reworking. Works well with the setting concept. Besides, I'm interested in seeing how Tegan and Madeline interact. I've got a feeling our character development--if any, with us being those pesky trickster-guide-mentor-types--will go in different directions. Stay the course.

Well, aside from the fact that we both are bag lady chic and walked right out of an Indie music video, I think that there' enough that distinguishes us. And Tegan's not going to get that much screen time for a while, anyway.

Your request for reversal of Asmo cyber-violation is being processed by an Administrator. Please wait...

I'll change one of my old posts to your name, so it looks like you chickened before Tegan's eggs.

Also, the reason a lot of people have similar ideas to you is that people have similar ideas to you. I'm sure you and Tegan can find mutually conducive roles that don't crowd the cooky quotient. After all, I'll only be establishing sexual tension with one of you.

Ew, I don't wanna have sexual tension with an ink guy who is overly fond of cats.

Stroke my pussy, Tegan. >:[

Or I'll ink you right in the face.

Wouldn't you rather suck on Zen's hooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.