Iwaku Rebuild

• Thread starter Karsikan the Berzerker
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
alrighty, second character for review.

Name: Purgatory

Race/Class/Type: Basilisk Lord

Appearance: Purgatory looks almost Identical to TC, except his face is not damaged, and where TC is gray, Purgatory is black.

Normal Equipment: none

Special Equipment: none

Abilities: Petrifying Gaze - Depending on a persons importance in the fate of whatever world he is on. Purgatory can slow down or completely petrify a person who makes eye contact with him. The more important a person is to the fate of a world, the less effect this ability has.

Venomous Touch - Purgatory can secrete a toxin from his skin that causes temporary paralysis in whomever it touches. The duration of this is also determined by the importance of the person in the fate of the world.

Knowledge of Fate - Fate is set in stone. This principle allows Purgatory to see the important choices that need to be made, and what fate is at the end of those choices.

Weaknesses: Fate Bound - Purgatory's knowledge of fate binds him to what he knows. His actions can never contradict the fate he sees for himself, however much he might want them to.

Fate Erosion – being immersed in water reduces all of Purgatory's powers, but it also reduces the restrictions he suffers from being Fate Bound.

Origin:
Purgatory was once the remnants of TC's soul. During the Admin War TC was able to put his soul back together, but Purgatory still existed. Without any way to manifest himself fully he talked extensively with TC during his imprisonment. Upon reaching an agreement, Purgatory went to the core of Anirune forest and pulled a power from it, becoming the reborn Basilisk Lord from Anirune.

Cycle/Tributary: (To be posted by me when appropriate)

...get to posting with your characters.

I've already posted. I sent my character to you, GMK, so you can make a move now. :)

I know it's incomplete, but here's what I have thus far:

Name: Ricarten Merilsson (Alias "The Bloodfox")

Race/Class/Type: Human Mage (Subclass: Nethermage)

Appearance: (Please put images in spoiler tags)

Normal Equipment: Leather armor, integrated into a half-coat with hood; throwing knives; Khukri

Special Equipment: Khukri augmented with the bound soul of a defeated mage. This weapon can be controlled by the necromantic aspect of Ricarten's magic (and only his, unless another necromancer successfully wrests control away from him) and can pierce most defensive enchantments. It is likewise both stronger and sharper than physically possible. Any sentient being whose flesh is pierced by the blade suffers from psychic feedback of the trapped soul's pain and rage.

Abilities:
Miasma (Signature Effect): Most of Ricarten's combat tactics revolve around manipupation of the selectively-ethereal effect he calls Miasma. At his direction, Miasma can rise, dissipate, and form semi-solid, prehensile tentacles.
Magical Specialty: Necromantic Arts, especially control of undead and flesh-warping. With a modicum of preparation and a blood sacrifice, he can also trap souls.

Weaknesses:
1) As a direct consequence of drawing his magical power from the Nether Realms, Ricarten is highly succeptible to Divine or Celestial magic.
2) Ricarten's magic requires speech in the Nether Tongue and/or gestures to use. A select few spells (mostly self-healing) can be done with neither, but these require concentration and focus. Spells not involving Miasma generally require speech.

Origin: Ricarten's presence in Iwaku is an example of why Nethermages should not attempt translocation spells. It never ends well.

So far so good, TC and Celcius I have your response up.

Name: The Crimson Three

Race/Class/Type: Human ISAF soldiers

Appearance:
three.png

<table><tr><td width=175 align="center">Marvin</td><td width=184 align="center">Sergeant Spears</td><td width=198 align="center">Jake</td></tr></table>

Normal Equipment: Spears (M16A2 rifle, sidearm, frag grenades, combat knife). Marvin (M16A2 rifle, flashlight, medical kit). Jake (sidearm, assorted tools)

Special Equipment: Digital camera holding documentary evidence of the Elder Homeworld.

Abilities: Spears is fearless. Marvin can drive tanks. Jake is a good engineer.

Weaknesses: Spears is fearless. Marvin is a coward. Jake has a bad back.

Origin:
Three soldiers whom fate has repeatedly thrown together. Spears was a drill sergeant with the intensity of a religious maniac. Jake was a family man with an aversion to violence. And Marvin was a gambling-addicted tank gunner with claustrophobia. Spears took it as his personal mission to make the other two into soldiers, and as such the three of them were stranded together during the first Elder attack on Scrap Iron City.

Cut off from command and isolated on the streets of Moscow Town, the three men decided that, rather than fleeing, they would take the fight to one of the Spiders. With a combination of heroism and blind luck they overcame a squad of Noobs and planted C4 charges on one of the Elders. But in the ensuing explosion the machine's teleportation device activated and all three soldiers were dragged into the jump-stream.

They ended up in the place now classifed as Location X... the source of the Elder menace. With Jake injured, Spears and Marvin investigated the cave system and were the first to witness the great machine city constructed by Diana. Hitching a ride on her flagship, the three men made it home to Iwaku and, after recording documentary evidence that linked Diana to the Elder Invasion, they escaped from the ship and went into hiding in Iwaku City. But with Jake on the edge of death, Spears was forced to buy the services of a healer.

The price? A copy of the video recording.

Spears sold the intelligence in order to save Jake's life. And with that evidence the anti-Diana factions were able to justify the cataclysmic war that devoured Iwaku. Spears, Jake and Marvin escaped on the last ISAF frigate and made it to History Isle, where they are still recovering from their harrowing adventure.

Looks Legitamate, I'm liking the interaction these three have.

Oh Ric, you have a green light if you're still paying attention.

Finally, we've got more than 3 people officially playing this RP -___-;

yeah we've doubled, anything you want to post celc or should I continue.

Raz you're up. you've got until friday.

Name: Rona Shiraishi (in before jew)

Race: Human Soldier

Appearance:
shiraishirona.jpg
Rona is 5'8" and sports very dark blue hair that appears black at first glance. Her hair used to be long and flowing, but the Teknikans shortened it as an insult to her pride. Her eyes are hazel-colored. Her skin is a fair white, and she bears a light physique. She seems to be in her mid-20s. It is very likely that she is of Japanese descent.

Normal Equipment:
Rona's equipment were confiscated by the Teknikans when they took her prisoner. Thinking that she will die sooner or later during her sentence, Rona's captors have returned to her some of her old equipment.

-Battle Rifle: Clanis M-0064 assault rifle. Fires energy bolts in five-round bursts, can switch between semi-auto and burst. Cells are rechargable on fires.
-Phase Scimitar: A bladed weapon sharp enough to cut through flesh, but can tear through most infantry-issue armor with ease when powered. The single cell that powers it can be recharged on fires, but it would be much better to give it a powerful electric jolt. The entire weapon is 2'10" in length.
-Pistol: Clanis SP-90 concussion pistol. Works similar in principle to Teknikan repulsor pistols - the weapon fires a powerful wave that will throw personnel off their feet and simply knock down anyone wearing power armor, or anything of similar mass or lesser. Has no effect on objects of similar or greater mass as an armored vehicle, and does not inflict injuries.
-Combat Knife: A conventional combat knife. The weapon is 9 inches in length.
-Flask: A white flask with Rona's signature etched on it. Has a 1 liter capacity.

Special Equipment: Officer's Mantle
A silky white piece of cloth with a single cherry-red stripe, the Clanion Officer's Mantle is not merely a symbol of rank - it is also a testament to the technological marvels of humankind. Woven along with the cotton fibers are innumerable nano-emitters which emit a field that protect the wearer from harm. The technology used to produce such clothing is kept top-secret by Clanis Federal High Command.

Rona does not understand how it exactly works, but she is definitely proud to wear it, and it is one of the only things that brings a smile to her face even as she faces certain death.

Abilities:
Say No to Imperial Rule! - Rona was not only a tenacious soldier, but an Army postergirl during her days in the Clanion military. Her very presence can rouse anyone hostile to the Grand Empire of Teknika into a zealous frenzy... provided there are any Teknikans around at all.

Weaknesses:
-Rona's spirit and resolve, formerly strong as steel, have been slowly broken over time, ever since her capture by the Empire. She sometimes doubts her will to survive.

Origin:

Rona was taken as a POW by the Teknikan Empire, formerly being a Major in the Clanis Federal Army. Having slain 5 Imperial Army Marshals during her service, and being one of many of the Federation's poster models, the Empire considered Rona to be an arch-enemy of sorts. Despite her record, she had never been awarded a higher position in the Army.

Oddly enough, it was the Teknikan Expedition which had just come from Iwaku, that tracked down her regiment on a rock planet, just as the Clanion forces were preparing for an invasion on a nearby Teknikan world. Though Rona had fought Marshal Argyle Taft and sent him to the brink of death in the ensuing battle, nearly bringing her forces to victory, the Expedition still had much, much more to throw at the Clanion forces. A follow-up strike force entered the fray very quickly after, and from within this group, Captain Nic emerged and bested Rona by himself. Rona and her retinue were taken prisoner.

Even during her imprisonment inside an Imperial prison ship, Rona continued her struggle against the Empire. She conspired with other former Alliance soldiers being held and planned a mutiny. Before it bore fruit, however, the wardens managed to suppress all its efforts, and after the turmoil cleared, Rona was sentenced to in damnatio memoriae; she would suffer this fate alone. Nic took notice, and advised the wardens of the prison ship that held Rona to send her to a place of utter damnation...

Oh balls, I forgot that the Teknikkans were recalled.

Ah well. Spears is only reporting what he knew before contact was lost.

I guess it's just the Vikings and Shifters protecting the Sheathe.

Ooh! Shifters are still alive? I used to have a shifter character waaaaaay back when. I wonder if I should dredge him up. :)

Yeah, Asmodeus SAVED ALL THEIR LIVES.

:|

I havent used my shifter since midway through the golden age. It's been so long...

If Rona ever meets one of the Fateful Triple, she's gonna have to break the bad news. No need to edit, Asmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.