Iwaku Radio Show

K

Kitti

Original poster
Borrowing (and slightly tweaking) a fantastic how-to compiled by Miss Elyd!​
Elyd said:
How To Contribute To The Radio Show

Step right up, step right up! So, you've volunteered to work on the radio show? You have your mic and Skype, and you're wondering what to do next to contribute? Never fear, here's your handy how-to guide!

Do you have a good idea, maybe a partner to banter with? How about recording software such as Audacity or GarageBand? You can very easily record a segment by yourself with one of those.

Never fear, we already have some ideas for things you could try, so you don't have to figure out what to talk about by yourself.​

Do post
in the monthly thread what you're working on! Figure out a script, record yourself with one of the programs mentioned above.

Audio segments guidelines:

2 to 3 minute segment in MP3 format to Kitti. Either transfer it to her on Skype (ki-chama) OR PM her and do it another way (a useful tool for this is uploading the file to mediafire).

Grabbing a friend to do a segment with over Skype? That's a little more complicated, but still doable!

If you're running Windows:
you can download Pamela for Skype to record your call.

If you're running Mac:
check out this tutorial. It's complicated, but it's all free and it works. Also this Skype call recorder is another option for mac, but only works with older versions of skype. Octobre uses it and says it works well.

We recommend doing a test run of your segment before submitting it.

So that you and your partner has a good idea of what you want to say and to make sure the recording isn't too loud or too quiet. This can also help you figure out how to use all the recording programs! Be sure to ask for help if you need it.

Got all that? Ready to be featured on the Iwaku Radio Show? Then get cracking! Looking forward to hearing your awesome voices!

If you have any question, feel free to contact KITTI. She loves to help. I would love it if you run ideas by me BEFORE you record, so I can tell you whether or not it will work, if we have time for it that month if it's time sensitive, and other concerns.

With the sad loss of some key elements to the usual radio show, we are redoubling our efforts to get more people involved!
YES, I MEAN YOU. I want you to lend me your lovely voice and a smidge of your time.
[size=+2]I want you to JOIN ME![/size]
It'll be more awesome than fluffy kittens that burp rainbows.

I want to join!! When can I start? :D and I also have Skype!! brandon.djclufix.moreno19

I want to join!! When can I start? :D and I also have Skype!! brandon.djclufix.moreno19

Hi : )

You should contact either myself, or Kitti via PM and we'll get you into a seg for a future show!

This timid soul can help, but I'm not the best with ideas. Just tell me to do something (I'm good with a bunch of technological goodness) and I will follow the command!

This timid soul can help, but I'm not the best with ideas. Just tell me to do something (I'm good with a bunch of technological goodness) and I will follow the command!

Awesomeness : )

Feel free to shoot me a pm and we can figure out something for you to do!