2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
We all already know that Iwaku is a super friendly bunch of awesome people. So, why not appreciate our awesome community in a shout-out?

Shout-out a user, or users, you want to acknowledge and tell them why! Maybe they're an awesome roleplay partner/writer, maybe they make you laugh and are your friend, maybe they've been exceptionally helpful to you with your questions, or maybe they're your GM who has been working doggedly to give you an awesome roleplay.... whatever it is, let them know you appreciate them!

It doesn't matter what you want to shout-out for (but let's keep these positive shout-outs), shout them out by tagging them and reminding them why you think they're awesome. Let's all make someone's day. (:

I shall start the charge:

@Meraki - We've been roleplaying forever and I hope we roleplay for at least another forever. 8D Your my best online buddy and I love having you around, not only for our awesome stories, but for you as a person.

@Huntress - You've been super patient with me recently and I really appreciate it. I think you're a super awesome roleplayer and writer and I'm really looking forward to diving a little deeper into our roleplay!

@kimsim12 - I think you're cool and I adore your world-building brain. 8D We are going to have the best Harry Potter roleplay on the block. (Also, I'm sorry about the mask emoji I posted for you earlier).

@Pahn - All the help you do is wonderful and you're truly astounding your workload here on the site. On top of that, your quality of writing is stellar. I enjoy my nightly doses of #elfsmut

@WhisperingWillows - I was so appreciative of you offering to help co-GM Outnumbered with me. Your graphics are fantastic and you're always such a pleasant person to talk to. (: I am really looking forward to collabing with you more in the future.

I could go on and on, but I will stop there. 8D SO, IWAKUIANS, lay down your love.

@Hana, you are the best waifu and best partner I can ever ask for. I can't believe we thought our first roleplay was just going to be a stupid bedroom roleplay... then more characters started coming in and we made a bunch of new characters and now we have a series and AUs and it's amazing and aaaargh. It really makes my day when I have the time to reply and you shoot one right back, even if its like 20+ paragraphs and I want to cry. Apart from being the best partner you're a good listener and my best friend. Someone who has been there for me when I'm a bitch. We've had our own ups and downs but we've grown close and we understand each other most of the time, just know that you're a precious babu and I de lub you <3

@rhea, I remember when you were here with another name. And my old, old thread looking for roleplay partners with my plots and wow, your writing was really impressive. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated, I didn't really think my writing was that good at the time and to think you thought it was good and matched yours... :o I was complimented!! Welcome back, Ray <3 I hope we can write lots and lots in the future!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Azuremoon @Takumi @Kaykay @The Myrmidon @Bomb @Crow @york
Just to name a few (and off the top of my head) ya'll a weird bunch and god damn you guys are like my second family or something. Don't know what made me go and join this super cool family but I'll say that I don't regret it. I'd never been in a big group roleplay or anything before Murder, especially not those with 15+ people. Playing Sal was an experience, to learn that others liked Sal made me happy. I don't join a lot of roleplays but despite that I feel close with some of you guys - well, at least not a stranger anymore, haha. I was a bit scared at first because I didn't feel like I would fit in when you guys had been with each other for so long but... I was wrong. Lol. Huggles for everyone. Love you all <3

@Danger, I have no regrets dragging you here. I hope you're really enjoying it here, lolol. Never forget Akio x Tiger, the yaoi ship that was. Such good memories, such wonder.

@Gonzo I MISS MY BED ALARM CLOCK :' (. PLEASE COME BACK. YOU WERE FUN.

@Sen Wow, thank you so much. I've been going through a really tough time right now, so I really really needed that. Thank you so much; It made me cry (and made me feel better). I hope we can writes lot in the future as well! You have a lot to give and you're a wonderful person inside and out! Again, thank you so much. I love you! <3 xoxo

@Hana since i'm already on this thread You precious child. I love you to the ends of the Earth and back. I still stalk that old VK rp we had on fanfiction on occasion lol. I'm so glad I got to meet you through there and now look how far we've come. Best writing buddies with Sen! You're an amazing and talented young person- I couldn't have asked for a better person to stick with me this long. Keep writing and never give up! You're a strong person, Hana, and I love you for that! <3 xoxo

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Mu
@Nav You are truly the foxiest of all Navs xD So far, you have so impressed me with all the effort you put into the community here, from roleplaying to intern modding to whatever you put your mind to! Hell yeah we'll have the best HP roleplay on the block! And no worries about the mask emoji, I was just messing with you. I found it quite hilarious, if not slightly accurate. 8D

@Joan Sweet friend of mine, I am glad to see you getting so involved here! I have no regrets about dragging you here because I really think you'll enjoy yourself, if not slowly watch what's left of your social life disappear down the drain. You are such an inspiration, and I love seeing you improve in your writing! Hell, you're probably better than I am! :') Keep going at it, Sis!

@Pahn I just want to second what Nav said. You've been such a great help as I've been, somewhat literally, kidnapped into the world of Staffers! You're so patient with us new-terns, and you put so much work into this! You're doing a wonderful job, and I think I speak for all the new-terns when I say that we appreciate you!

@Nicole Birdy You can do it! You're a wonderful writer, dear friend, and I know you can build that world of yours to the best it can possibly be! And have fun here, really. It's great. :D

@Adaon ril'Morgerard We've got an awesome thing going, and I hope it never dies! You've been one of the few roleplayers that I've known to stick around for something for so long, and it's quite admirable! I'm excited to see where the story goes! You've got great world-building techniques, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. Keep at it!

@Diana - Firstly, I want to thank you and give a shout out to the best Owl mother this site could ever have~! You have built up this beautiful site into a prosperous and amazing writing community that everyone can enjoy and feel safe at. AMOR will become just as great as Iwaku!

@Astaroth - We haven't really done much roleplaying, but I just wanted to give you a shoutout and say thank you for creating Silent Pines with Diana. This is the only book I will read from now on it is so gooooooooooooood!!!!!!! You are doing a great job at being an admin as well, thank you!

@Kitti - OHMYGOSH YES. You are the number one person I would've picked to be admin of the community! You are the gentle yet stern queen that will keep Iwaku's community thriving for a long time! Thank you for becoming admin!

@Jorick - Thank you for being a great security staffer and admin. Your guide was what first got me into creating content for Iwaku. I have learned a lot from that, and really enjoy your witty humor. You do a great job at keeping Iwaku a safe and fun place.

@Nav - How can I not give you a shoutout back? You have great promise as an intern and I am really excited for Outnumbered and what we can do to make it amazing!!! Thank you.

@F0X - You were one of the first one x ones I did on Iwaku and I want to thank you for starting a wonderful roleplay with me and being a great friend.

@Peregrine - I was super excited when you first messaged me about roleplaying. Your skill amazes me! Thank you for seeking me out.

@Nue Thank you so much for giving me a chance to moderate Warfact. I will do my best to help you propel it into an active RP world that can be enjoyed for lots of time to come!

@FieryCold THANK YOU! You help me as much as you can with my coding problems and I wouldn't be able to make extremely pretty div boxes without your help and advice. I really appreciate your skill.

@Everyone THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING TO IWAKU AND MAKING IT WONDERFUL! ALL of you rock in some way or another!!!

Hmm...I have a few that come to mind. c:

@Indabayou I met you like...A year or so ago, I think it is. You were the second person on here that I talked to and you made me feel welcome even with our awkward start out. Needless to say, I love your characters, the way you play Bones (you know the extent of my obsession with grumpy doctors after all), all the stories we've come up with together... Most of all I want to say thank you. Out of everyone, you're always there, always understanding, and I've never quite figured out how to thank you. You're my best friend and I trust you more than anyone, which says a lot considering how things have been lately. Even when I feel like things are falling apart and I need to be my introverted self and hide from the world, I know you won't get angry with me and abandon me like so many people have before. I know I can lean on you. You're writing abilities, your kindness and you're just general ability to make me smile with the most random things are all parts of you that I love. I'm glad I ran into you here, and I treasure our friendship. I hope you know that, and if not... Well, I got to be embarrassingly sappy on here, so now ya so. :P

@emmelinejames I met you a little while back and honestly, your sass and creativity is the best thing ever. If I ever feel out of it I know I can bug you for some form of normalcy, even if it's just chatting about chores or random things about the Harry Potter fandom. I may not carve out my heart and dump all my problems on you (I really don't want to put you under a lot of stress) but you help a lot just by answering my random messages. You give me a sense of normalcy that I haven't had in a long time. The fact that you play Draco so amazingly is just icing on the cake. :3

@WhiteBane For all the emotions and crap we went through, you are by far a wonderful brother to have. You were my first partner on here and we've been going strong since then. I know I bug you a lot even when we're not role-playing, but honestly, you're like the big brother I've never had. I feel like I can tell you anything and everything and you'll listen and help me. I hope I can offer you even the slightest comfort that you give me. May we continue to fill my inbox with more and more rps. :P You're the best big brother anybody could ask for, hon. I'm glad to have you in my life.

@Serpent Queen I left you for last for a reason. We rarely talk, only skipping in and out of each other's lives, but honestly? In this case, the heart does grow fonder. You have helped me through my worst times, the days when I wanted to end my life, you were at the front of my mind when I struggled to think of anyone who would miss me. You have helped me deal with my demons and I know I have you to go to if I ever fall that hard again. Aside from your wonderful friendship, you're an amazing writer and I was overjoyed when I met you. So thank you for staying in my life.

To you all... You've all changed me. All for the better. I hope I've managed to repay you all, that I've been a good friend and that I've managed to cheer you up or make you smile with my writing or my random messages. I love all of you and you all... You're my friends. I wish I could hug all of you. But all I can offer is this shout out and a thank you. Because my life is brighter with you all in it. Thank you for being my friends. And embarrassing sappiness over because I'm gonna tear up like a dork. >.>

You guys are great. Never doubt that.

Can I just say everyone? I can do that, right? Because this entire community deserves a shout-out for being fantastic.

@Bob Ross We've technically been friends since before Iwaku, but >:[ one day I will destroy you.

@Fluffy ^ except the before Iwaku part, but especially the angry face and destruction.

@Staff: I feel like a jerkoff pointing all of you out, but you're really doing well for yourselves. GG keeping the site going without catching it on fire.

And, well, anyone else knows I appreciate them.

@kimsim12 I have never ever met an RPer who's been my equal other than her. In all the RPs I've been in, I have either led or followed and though that's- ehh, yeah, well- all fine and dandy (I still have fun), what Kim and I share is a special sort of partnership. What we are is Back-to-Back Badasses*. There is never an RP post I can make that she can't match in quality and smooth continuation. I really appreciate it, mon amie. And thank you a thousand times for putting up with my slower than molasses replying speed. Just know that though I am slow at replying, it's always a matter of 'when' I will reply and never 'if'.

*Though perhaps Bash Brothers is more accurate.

@Diana She's equally terrible and great. When I first came to this site, she gave me the motivation to actually post. I was so intimidated back then. There are things I would rather not mention, though. Just that she's terrible for it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Diana and Rae
@Nav @kimsim12
GODDAMNIT WHO PUT ONIONS IN THIS THREAD D8<<

-Flails away Muppet arms style-

@Neobullseye Continues to be the one RPer who has never caused me any problems in any way. Ordinarily, even the RPers who stick around for the longest and that I still enjoy having around overall still have some fatal flaw -- be it failure to communicate with me about stuff, not being able to keep track of their own plot threads, or just being really slow/inconsistent about posting -- but I have never been able to point out anything about your RPing that has ever bothered me, Neo. You're just sort of... bizarrely perfect, I guess. XD

• Love
Reactions: Neobullseye
@Neobullseye Continues to be the one RPer who has never caused me any problems in any way. Ordinarily, even the RPers who stick around for the longest and that I still enjoy having around overall still have some fatal flaw -- be it failure to communicate with me about stuff, not being able to keep track of their own plot threads, or just being really slow/inconsistent about posting -- but I have never been able to point out anything about your RPing that has ever bothered me, Neo. You're just sort of... bizarrely perfect, I guess. XD
I wuh? *blushes*

@Xnijmai - Dude where do I fucking start with you. You were my first friend I made here on Iwaku. Even though we obviously hate each other. :B But nah, you've been here for me more than anyone these past two years and I can't thank you enough for that. You're my best friend and idk what I would do without you.

@Snowy Turtle and @Touch of Insanity - I tagged you both at the same point because I love you both equally and I don't know what I'd do without you two beautiful souls. You guys are such bright lights in my life and you two are like the two big sisters I've always wanted to have. I know I can count on you guys to be there for me, just like you know I'll be there for you guys. I love you two so much. <3

@Alan - Oh Alan. You were my first friend when I became staff and was such a scared little newbie. You showed me the ropes and have helped mold me into the person I am today. And I am so thankful for that. You always encourage me to do the right thing and to never doubt myself. You are such a great guy and friend. I LOVE YOU ALANZ. MAY WE FOREVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SOUTH

@Astaroth - You are my online big brother and holy shit the stuff you've done for me. From being there for me at my lowest points in life to my highest points, I know I can count on you to be there for me. I can never thank you enough for what you did for me last October. It means the absolute world to me man.

@Grumpy - U SUK. FITE ME IRL SCRUB. I BET MY DAD CULD BEAT UP UR DAD. But nah, as much as we yell at each other and as much as you bully me. I know you have a good heart. I MEAN TOTALLY MEAN. WHAT HEART. GRUMPY IS A TERRIBLE PERSON. Grumpy x Melon otp.

ALRIGHT I WILL DO A PART II FOR THE PEOPLE I MISSED

@Sen
"Light of my life, apple of my eye" indeed. xD You were one of the Reasons I fell in love with Iwaku and stayed. It's really amusing how our longest and most beloved roleplay actually started out meant to be a sexy bedroom kinda thing, but it turned out to be so much more than that. I loved how passionate and enthusiastic you were right from the very beginning as we grew more interested and invested, you have an infectious enthusiasm and I admit that was one of the biggest things that encouraged me to keep on writing with you. And aside from just our roleplays, you grew to be very dear to my heart as a friend and confidante. You've seen me at my bitchiest and took none of my shit lying down, which is no small feat and I love you for that. I mean, it's great that we can bicker and even bitch at each other on our lowest days and still love each other so much to support each other. I treasure this relationship very much.

@rhea
I also stalk my old VK roleplay on FFnet, haha! It's one of the most nostalgic things ever for me to look at our old roleplay and even our old OOC chats on there, we were wee little babbus but we had a lot of fun. You were a pleasant surprise to bump into on Iwaku and we've had some of the funniest chats with Sen. xD I've always thought you were a cool writer and roleplayer, and I look forward to once again writing together with you. We never did quite get a chance to write together a one on one here, but now the three of us are working together and I'm having a lot of fun with you guys. <3 You are a smart girl and a hard worker, you'll go far!

@Pahn and @Jorick
We've actually only roleplayed together in a group on Amor, but your writing skills both are really, really amazing. I wish I could write as well and descriptive and not just for the sexy scenes. xD Aside from that, both of you are amazing workers when it comes to taking care of Iwaku, we've had many amusing conversations on Discord and I really do have fun seeing you guys' dynamic. :P I ship it.

@Azuremoon
Thanks! xD I'm glad you enjoyed our dynamic and our characters so far, I've also been having a great time reading your posts for Road. She's a nicely conflicted character and seeing her struggles to be good or at least moral to pay her new friends back is really great to read; you've made her such a vibrant character, and I look forward to being in more Murder roleplays with you!

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @The Myrmidon @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @and others I may have neglected to mention
You guys are a fantastic bunch, and though I'm not as active or as close as my best friend is in Murder I always feel welcomed and do have a great time when I do pop up in a game or on the servers. Thank you for the good reception of Sal and Wadanohara, the characters we first played, in prior games and a tale. I also would like to thank Tactician/Myrmidon for telling me to "ship it harderasdfa;lshfalghg", that really made me laugh. xD Your group is amazing and it's been around for so long that it actually does feel like a family, and I can only be in awe of Atomyk's efforts. They've really paid off, and one can see it

SO BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE POSTED AND I DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT SPAMMING NOW:

@Elle Joyner - We've been roleplaying a long time and I think your writing is incredible. (: The GM projects you have taken on have been gorgeous and stunning, in both content and visuals. I'm looking forward to many more years of roleplaying on Iwaku *highfives* My little refugee friend...

@Nue - I'M A WOMAN, DANGIT. But you still make me laugh and you're always a bright light in chat. :P I also love your staff icon idea on Discord. LOL!

@alaska - You are beautiful and amazing, though I tell you this all the time anyways. I really hope we get to roleplay again someday in the future, because your writing is breathtaking. C: Even if we don't roleplay again, I still love that we can talk almost everyday! <3

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Nue
@Effervescent, @rissa, @CloudyBlueDay, @RedThunder, @Dr. Jax - You guys are my crew...my peeps. I honestly would probably have quit RPing if it weren't for y'all. No matter how long (or fast haha) it takes us to post, no matter how dramatic things get, IC or OOC, no matter how many arms and legs those pesky orcs eat or how many times Charlie tries to get himself killed, you inspire me every day to keep writing. More than that though, I consider you my friends - and it's an honor to be able to do that <3

@Diana and the Iwaku staff - Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you for this board, for taking the time to run it and keep it moving smoothly. I was heartbroken by what happened on my old site, heartbroken by the lack of compassion and consideration by the staff and to see the camaraderie and passion you all have for what you do makes this place truly feel like home.

@Nav - <3 whether we have one RP, fifty, or none, you will always be special to me :) You are ne of the best storytellers I have worked with, but you are also one of my dearest friends !

• Love
Reactions: Nav
Funny enough, all birds:

@Rainjay
Two and a half years ago we bumped into one another with the AI Project and that started a series of ideas. Some great and short-lived, others not-so-great and short-lived. Writing Ragnarok with you has been great, and it looks like we've broken the curse! It has been one year and two months since we started it and it's still going! So here's to more years of writing together, through trial and error like always! :D

@firejay1
Something tells me you won't appreciate a long and drawn out shout-out, so: it has been great talking to you and thank you for putting up with my idiosyncrasies and (when the situation warrants it) telling me I'm being an idiot! :D I look forward to our RP getting started this summer!

@Peregrine
This is going to look a lot like the last shout-out, but you're still a blast to write with! I've yet to not enjoy writing with you, and every idea we have come up with is interesting and different. Never a dull moment with you - you've pushed me to consider what I write and the motivation behind it, and I can say that I've improved since I've started writing with you almost a full two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.