[align=center]
februarybanner.png

Lead Editor: Pirogeth
Co-writer: Sakura
Graphics Designer & Illustrator: Tuxedo Mask
Cult Correspondent: Orochi
Insanity Reporter: Miru

Green With Iwaku[/align]

March has come and gone but the events are well remembered. The Newsletter always is a good way to document such happenings and this month we got a whole bunch for you. Everything from a new mod to a set standard of goals will be covered. So sit back and enjoy the Iwaku Newsletter March edition.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Iwaku Comic

[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Announcements & News[/align]

New Mod

That’s right everyone say hello to Miru, our new moderator on the Staff. He is an eccentric person who loves to post and help out. If you’d like to congratulate him on his new position check out the thread New Mod. Be sure to welcome him warmly as the Staff is here to help you.

Iwaku Spring/Summer Goals

Diana is calling upon the lovely community to go out and be the hard workers they are. For the next two seasons she is requesting we meet certain goals and statistics. No not just to make her look good but to make us look good as well. Everyone loves a popular and active forum and what better way to show that than to complete our tasks given to us. You can check out the specifics here.

”Can I Be Staff?” Question Answered

So some of you always are asking “What does it take to be a Staff Member?” Well this explains it all. Not only do you have to be a good active member but also be ready to participate in the community even in down times when you think nothing is happening. All the details are explained here. See if you can become a staffie.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Meet the Staff

Sakura

image.php
[/align]

One of the youngest and cutest Staff members is our dear Miss Sakura. She loves the community with a fun and “bubbly” personality. Her words seem never harsh and she has helped the Iwaku in so many occasions. Her efforts even go so far as to helping Piro with this very letter with her Sakura’s Lounge, which covers the happenings in the General Section. You can never go wrong when talking with her and the only thing she hates is downright unneeded pessimism.

[align=center]Shameless Advertising[/align]

If you have not gotten a chance you should check out Pirogeth’s work The Last Tower: Iwaku a parody of the real Iwaku. Once there not only can you comment on the story but request cameo’s, add input into the developing RP soon to come from this, or just gossip about how characters have been portrayed.

But seeing as this is shameless plugging we also are going to advertise a bunch of other things.

-Roleplay Advertisement Wall
-Iwaku Comic
-Acqua’s Writing Thread
-Iwaku the Musical
-Iwaku Wallpapers

[align=center][/align]

sakuramain.gif

Hey there Iwakuans! Guess who's back for this issue of the Newsletter ?
Yup~ It's the one and only Sakura-chan, here to make your day brighter && turn your frowns inside out!

I've dubbed this week, SMILES WEEK because this week was Parent-Teacher Conferences week at my school~ and at my post (sitting in a chair and signing parents into a particular room) I made every single parent smile back at me!

Now its your turn ;]

Are you ready to start smiling ?

nicestars.gif

SAKURAS LOUNGE :: GENERAL BOARD HIGHLIGHTS

• [x]Analyzing ASMODEUS - Iwakuans Speak <3

"Petunia said:
It seems like Iwaku: The Roleplay Community is turning more and more into Iwaku: Asmo's Roleplay Community....What I'm saying is that it seems like Asmo has to take charge of everything RP-related to make it go around here...Do the rest of us really suck that much at taking the lead?

Vay said:
Asmodeus is different, I don't need to tell anyone here that. Perhaps too different to just be a member so we make him something more.

Darkness said:
because he's the only one who actually does shit because everyone else is too lazy to do a damn thing?

Diana said:
People forget that we're all here to play and have fun. It's not about the OMGAWESOMEWRITINGSKILLS.

Feekun said:
I don't see a problem with Asmo so much as the members who are bothered by it who should, firstly, really should give both their potential and accomplishments more credit and, secondly, stop shying away from really understanding the tools of writing instead of stressing them sometimes then just randomly applying them at others with the excuse of it being "too hard" and "no fun." If it's "no fun" you're probably focusing too much on "do nots" and not enough on figuring out how to use them to do what you do want to have happen in your stories and characters.

That is how you defeat his Dragon Punch. Only then, do you stand a chance. :p

Sakura said:
Just post. He isn't going to eat you alive.

ANDDD.... DRUMROLL PLEASE:

Asmupuu said:

So like Sakura says, just post. It's always better that way. As long as you are believing in the story and not posting an unhelpful egotrip, then I won't attack you.

nicestarsblue.gif

• [x]Mind&Body Swap:: Iwakuans Decide

PIROGETH ---> ASMODEUS

DARKNESS ---> Peter North, Eric Adams, Bruce Dickinson, or Chance Garnett.

DIANA ----> N/A
Diana said:
It's hard enough being me, I dun wanna be someone else! XD

MYRONDYN ----> Sakura.

SLYEN ----> SLYEN Version 2 (more awesome)

CAPTAIN NIC ----> A girl.

Seiji----> Ryan Reynolds.

Vay -----> A girl.

v2wpjl.gif

• [x]COLOR MY DREAMS :: Iwakuans ZzZz

Who dreams in COLOR ?
PIROGETH
SEIJI
SAKURA
DIANA
REIZ
IKE
QUIET ONE

A Questionnaire Sneak Peek!

Most of my dreams are a hodgepodge of my feelings or things I've seen/interacted with recently. If I'm really upset or obsessed about something, it comes out really strong in my dream. c___c

Mhhmm... can you force yourself to dream about something by thinking about it before you sleep?

When I was younger I was a very angry and violent person. More than once I've woken up punching my pillow, then realized what I was doing and stopped. Usually it was during a dream in which i was either fighting or very angry.

Oh, I know how that feels! You're like Oo. What am I doing ? x)
Have you ever felt like you were falling in your dream ? And then woken up and felt like you fell through your bed ?

Perhaps it's to add to the... un-reality of the dream, so my mind won't think what's happening is TOO real, yeah?

Yeah! That's a great point :D
Sounds like a good reason for the strange colors~

simply becuase most of my dreams are grounded in reality and the things I like. When it comes to colors, my dreams don't stand out. What does stand out in my dreams is perspective.

Would you agree that might tell us a little bit about yourself ? Do colors matter to you as much as perspective does in real life ? (just drawing random conclusions here :D)

I don't remember most of my dreams. The ones I do are definitely in color, though. But do you ever have one of those dreams that just seems so out of place, that you retrace your steps from the previous day to find out where it came from?

I think it was caused by a combination of an Alice in Wonderland preview and a day dream about Avatar and Pan's Labyrinth, two movies I never got around to seeing.

Yeah, I see what you're pointing out. Figuring out where your dreams come from or what caused them is cool because you get to think deep about your situation.

Have you ever dreamed something completely random that you couldn't understand yourself ?

Want to know more ? Check out the thread~!

StarsSparkleBarBlueAqua.gif

• [x]ONE MORE THINGS :: Iwakuans on DETAILS
"Reiz said:
it really depends on the situation. Details are great at setting a scene and describing a character - but beyond that, I feel they should be used sparingly.

Necella said:
Don't get me wrong, I like detail but having 5-10+ pages single spaced of just one post that only involves one character and action is too much and obnoxious.

TK said:
Or someone rping EVERY DETAIL OF BUTTONING THEIR SHIRT.

Feekun said:
A detailed description of buttoning a shirt might be out of place when it comes from nowhere and goes no where, but put it in the context of a talented artist who just lost his fingers, dressing himself for the first time after his accident.

Maybe he's been avoiding thinking about the ramifications of his injuries and it's only at that moment that the realization of what he's lost and the difficulties he'll be facing afterward really hit him. Things like that.

The best thing is to keep asking yourself "why am I writing this part?" and if you can't tie it to the bigger picture, then you may be going overboard.

And I'll admit I go outside of this sometimes. Most times I go for theme and events, but since roleplaying is supposed to be fun and recreational too, I sometimes go for "visual style."

If you want me to start using less words, pay me. XD

Slyen said:
People want to know things in 25 words or less. That is what my dad always told me when I tried to explain something growing up.

nicestars.gif

• [x]YOUR FAMILIAR :: Iwakuans as Animals

Vay - wolf ,
Seiji - monkey,
Captain Nic - Raven,
Tegan - Red Panda,
October Lion - Lion,
Grandmaster_Karsikan - chinese dragon,
Tyler Crane - kamodo dragon,
Levistus - mountain lion,
Rory -falcon,
Tain - lemming,
Darkness -pussies,
Petunia - germain shephard,
Jumi - malamute,
Ocha - tropical bat,
TK - fennec fox,
Woodrat - black rat,
Kitti- white tiger,
Britty - jaguar,
Lazy-frog - tree frog,
Sakura - kitten,
Orochi - lion,
Clover - cockatiels,
Marius - otter,
Finley - chameleon

OROCHI'S Sakii's Room:: Entertainment Spotlights

nicestarsblue.gif

• [x]Video Game Moments :: Iwakuan Storytime

Orion said:
So I'm killing stuff. . . and all the sudden I run into this enemy that looks like a big gorilla. Which I don't know the name of. I only played the game for 20 minutes. But while fighting and whooping it's arse I punched it in the arse. . .

AND IT DIED, LEAVING BEHIND HOT CHOCOLATE.

I'm not talking about a wave of the stuff primates throw either. I'm talking about an item that was a literal cup of HOT. FUCKING. CHOCOLATE. THAT YOU COULD DRINK!!!!

Khang said:
and I turned a corner. SHIT ENEMY! *BLAM* Reflexive shotgun shot. The ragdoll fell down against a corner, and his the little decorative bump/hand rail or whatever, and that propped him up. But he was holding the rifle slack in one hand, and the other one looked semi-clenched. But he was up against a wall so it looked like he was crouching.

Slyen said:
Reiz: "So enter the next hallway and there should be a Hunter that walks down the hallway from you"

Me: "No problem."

Slyen kills hunter with grenade launcher

S: "Next- OH HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

Another hunter jumps in from off sceen and has enough time to hurt Jill before Slyen has spammed it with grenades. Reiz meanwhile makes cringing sound at sudden appearance of hunter.

S: "I thought you said their was only one!"

R: "The guide said there was only-Oh..."

Reiz trails off, having answered while reading further to see that the writer did mention the second hunter jumping in from off screen.

Neko Archy said:
One of my defenders has his arms and legs shot off of his body. He uses his jetpack to run at the guy shooting him and jump, trying to crush the attacker. He is shot to death mid-flight. He kills the attacker with his flying corpse.

NO ARMS=NOOOO PROBLEM

RyRy said:
Recently while playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite I decided to take on 'The King's Descendents,' the Azure Rathalos and the Sakura Rathian.

Well, I always go after the Rathian first as the bitch queen is easier to kill than the Rathalos is. I have a specific sequence to go by when hunting either wyverns.

Tail, claws, head.

Cut the tail off, break the wing claws, and break the head crest.

Well, I got the tail off and the bitch queen flew to another zone, so I carve from the tail.

Of all things that I could have got I carved a Fire Wyvern Brainstem.

Someone tell me how that is physically possible!

Want more ? Read the thread! :)

StarsSparkleBarBlueAqua.gif

• [x]WORST MOVIES :: Iwakuans Debate

tunnel rats

The Tuxedo

The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Fake-Out.

The 1983 Heracles movie from Italy

Lou Ferrigno's version of Sinbad

"Night of a 1000 Cats"

"Thank you for not smoking"

ribbonpink.gif

Newsletter.jpg

marchdivider.jpg

[align=center]CULT QUARTERS[/align]

Hello, you crazy bastards, bitches and darkness! I am here to promote our latest social oddities groups. And to yell at you(yes, YOU) to JOIN YOUR LOCAL WEIRD-ASS CULTS YOU DERPS.

Firstly, we have the Cult of Red, who loves the color red! Who doesn't like red?? Imakes things THREE TIMES FASTER!

Next, we have Gathering Magic, a group dedicated to Magic: The Gathering. Watch as Piro and I have crazy theoretical discussions/speculations and bitch about new cards!

The Bastard Club - for all you bastards out there(read: everyone but jinx, coz jinx is a bitch[but still a bro])

We have the Raunch Club, composed of only Krom at the moment. I don't know what it's supposed to be just yet, but check it out!

The Awesome Marines for those SPES MAHREEENS out there who are AWESOME. Watch out for the MTG guys, coz we're gonna steal your tables!

And our newest group: Ragnarok Iwaku Knights - play Ragnarok Online with Piro, a game that could possibly be more addicting than WoW.

A NINJA HIDES IN THE SHADOWS

Let us have a moment of silence for our beloved ninjer mod: Palonis, who has been BANNED FROM THE INTERNET for a few months and had to flee the lands of Iwaku. We shall miss your very vivid rants and dramatic way of handling things, Paly.

Palonis can be contacted on MSN, go give him an inappropriate e-hug if you catch him there.

[align=center][/align]

You all know what time it is! It's ADVENTURE TIME- NO! NOOOO Adventure Time! @-@ Damn Cartoon Network creeping me out, bleh. XD Soooo, it's March, and it's time for the Newsletter you all so richly deserve! So now let's go take a trip to my favorite vacation spot, The Kingdom of Insanity!!

First up on the list is....a birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE VERY IMPORTANT PERSON!
And who is this very important person, you ask? It's Torsty! Everyone get your butts down to this thread and wish him a Happy Birthday! He's 20 now, which means 20 spankings/punches/kicks/whatever else you can think of...APIECE! YOU CANNOT RESIST! And while you're here....Have some spontaneously appearing cake on our spontaneously appearing table inside of our spontaneously appearing house! In all seriousness (What a change, right?), Happy 20th Birthday, Torsty! And may you have many more to come! ^_^

Iwaku Mardi Gras 2011
Ok so in our C-Box insanity/drunkenness we have unanimously d
ecided that Iwaku is going to Mardi Gras in 2011.
Indeed, it's true, and it's happening! Iwaku shall host the next Mardi Gras, Mardi Gras be damned! But first, it shall require... FUNDAGE! So, right now the plan is... Everyone shall sell a Kilo! We shall rent two hotel rooms and divvy up the members in them! It'll be cramped, but I think that's what GMK wants, anyway. <_< Meanwhile, TK shall be the bewb flash lady, at which point Darkness shall take pictures, sell them on the Internet, and that equals... PROFIT! October, you're her wingman....Or she can totally just pwn you verbally...This shall turn into a bewb-flashing contest!
@Oct:

Bitch, please, I probable could get more chicks than you at a given time.

You don't know how many girls I've massaged.

=P

Case in point. XD
Necella shall show up in the drunken bewb-exposing party...(Mooch mooch mooch)...And that's how this got moved into Insanity, where I got to fill in the blanks! Thanks, Saki!

And if you people really want to try to arrange something like an "Iwaku-trip" to Mardi Gras, go ahead. From what I've seen & heard; Mardi Gras is all about drinking, dancing, fucking, smoking and getting robbedhaving fun. Just don't make it seem like you're already there if you want something arranged and organized, shit gets retarted otherwise...
Hate to break this to you, but that's impossible. Such is the delicate nature of Mardi Gras. From 18 years of life in Louisiana, trust me on this.... I AM THE MARDI GRAS EXPERT-FEAR MEH!

Next up, is...this....Whatever...this...is...What?
Excuse me,

...But Finley's taking a trip to What? Our experts say...
What? *plays along*
Wait, what?
On another note, thanks to Chaos, the Newsletter shall soon become a picture book! XD

NEXT!

ATTACK! STEAL THEM! STEAL THEM ALL!
This is brought to you by propaganda spam.
picture.php

So, right off the bat, Tuxedo shall jump into action as the stereotypical zombeh killer! And also instantly, it appears as though pretty much EVERYONE is following Trance! Ha, charisma FOR THE WIN!

picture.php

-Danana's high school fox painting!
And Danana is the first vic-err..."volunteer"! Let's hear her testament!
I LIKE FOXES. MY NAME IS DIANA MURRZOMBIE. WHEN I AM AT HOME DOING MY DAILY CHORES, I AM A FOX. YIP. YIP. YIIIIP!
And...and...YES! WMD has made plushies BADASS! He's done the seemingly impossible! EXTRA AUSSIE SNACKS INDEED!
This is TK's MURPLUSH FORCE! Join...or be mowed down! And now there's mimes?!
Says Ryker:
....Are yew shittin' me?!
Can the power of Mur be defeated?!
Who cares- This is freakin hilarious! Plushies versus sailors!
Oh, wait...What the...PENISH ZOMBIES?! WHAT THE HELL?! >:(
Ah, who cares, it's not Monday anymore! RALLY AROUND TK'S HAREM, WHERE WE SHALL HAVE A SEXY PARTY!

SOCKS ARE FOR YOUR FEET, silly!

I have actually lolled. For real.

A genuine lol.

Not those fake ones.

It even brought a tear to my eye.

HA! All the new people who fear Asmo, READ THIS! XD XD XD
Don't fear him!
TK's on a roll this month, eh?
It makes everyone laugh and cry tears of joy, and then we all become a big gigantic family of love and peace and anime and WHEEEEEEEEEEE ACID TRIP DREAM!!!
That...actually semi-accurately describes a few anime. ...O_O

Well, that's all for this month! Stay tuned for next month, where there'll (hopefully) be more insane antics for me to stalk...err...look over quietly... >_>''

DISCLAIMER:The views expressed in the Kingdom of Insanityy are totally random and spontaneous. Taking them too seriously may result in several individuals ending up incredibly butthurt. Do not visit KoI if you are: Easily butthurt, bruise easily, laugh too much, are a woman, or throw up too much. Also, beware random flying Sakura's and Darkness. He will rape you.

This made me lol like Asmo did when he watched Socks Are For Your Feet, silly.

I wuv you guys.

Oh, wait...What the...PENISH ZOMBIES?! WHAT THE HELL?! >:(

I take full credit for introducing the word 'penish' to TK.

Yep, our shenanigans are successfully reported on.

CORVUS, I WUV YOU!

Psychosis not love radioactive fairies that stare at her. *puts boulders on top of the lead box and walks away*

Yay! I was in the newsletter! ^^

*Proud of ze Video Game Moments Thread*

BIG job well done!

*Claps*

Status
Not open for further replies.