• I like the setting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the setting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P

Professor Crane

Original poster
I have an ideas for an RP after watching John Carpenter's The Thing. The basis of the RP is that all of the players are in an isolated environment, and an unknown number are shape-shifting monsters that are hunting down, consuming, and replacing the regular survivors. While this is happening the location, at this point an underwater station, is needing to be repaired from sabotage and regular wear and tear.

The goal of the survivors, kill the monsters. The goal of the monsters, kill the survivors or destroy the station.

This is an initial draft, I want to turn this into an RP that a large number of people will want to join.

Beyond this point is my initial write for an intro:

It was ten years ago that the waters started to rise.

It wasn't the ice caps melting.

It wasn't global warming.

It wasn't anything we could discover.

It took eight years, but we adapted. We built the UHPs, Underwater Habitat Platforms, to survive the floods.

For two years we've lived under what has been dubbed the Infinitus Ocean. All of the UHPs have kept in radio contact with each other.

There have been some hiccups here and there, minor equipment malfunctions, unexpected allergies, and a few new diseases.

That changed a month ago. A station went dark, no radio contact. That was Station Histori. When a rescue team was sent from Station Sugilanon, they found a sole survivor. A week later Sugilanon went silent.

It was decided that no rescue be sent to Sugilanon until a thorough examination of the facts could determine if a threat existed, and if so, what could be done about it.

Then the next station went down, Verhaal. Followed by Rakonto, Lugu, Kuwento, and Tarina.

A pattern emerged, and the next station in the threat zone, Station Iwaku, was put under quarantine. The inhabitants are anxious, the leadership is nervous, and the Station is predicted to go dark within 72 hours.