DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
Hello, Iwaku! Are you familiar with our Inspiring Muses section?

INSPIRING MUSES is where to go when you're feeling blocked. It is for creative prompts, guides on getting unblocked, and sharing inspirational imagery or music. People post prompts and then leave them for others to respond to!

In honor of this section, we have a very special challenge to all of you:

POST AS MANY REPLIES TO THESE EXERCISES AS YOU CAN BY FEBRUARY 2ND.

The top five winners will get a shiny username color of THEIR CHOICE for the next six months, as well as eternal Donator privilege on Iwaku. (They must post 200+ to qualify for these, since some of our exercises are super easy-peasy. That's a little more than six prompts per day!)

Any users who do 100+ posts by the end of the month will receive one month of Donator privileges.

And finally, any users who do 500+ prompts--either by the end of the month, OR at any point after--will receive a year of Donator privileges from the point at which they finish the challenge! This part of the challenge does not end and is forever.

What exactly does "Donator privileges" entail? Check out this FAQ!
[faq=117][/faq]

Some ground rules, before you go running off to post:

1. Only Exercise threads in Inspiring Muses posted prior to January 2nd, 2018 count for this challenge.

2. We will review to make sure you aren't just spamming. Please complete these exercises in earnest!

3. Previously posted replies do not count. Please post a new reply or pick a different exercise! No one has done all 770+.

4. Should you win one of the top spots, your username color cannot be close to any existing username groups. Very different blues/purples/etc. are fine. It also has to be legible on all styles!

5. Donator privileges, either eternal or for a year's/month's time, are transferable. This allows staff to compete if they want, for the honor of a friend! Or for people who don't care about Donator perks to gift them, etc. Be careful though: You will not be able to take it back once you authorize a transfer.

Please send a tally of your prompts with a link to each post to all three Admins (myself, Jorick, and Kitti) in order to receive your prize!

MAY THE MUSE BE WITH YOU.

Omigosh OwO I like have the biggest grin on my face. This event is flipping awesome!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Astaroth
ETERNAL BUMPING ABILITIES

ALSO LOCKING UR OWN THREADS SO NOBODY CAN POST IN THEM

*JAZZ HANDS*

Challenge accepted

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie and Nav
Challenge accepted!

I have been meaning to get inspired... it's too bad that I have done some already, but I will start from the beginning and go up through the ones I haven't done.

Reactions: Astaroth
This is a damn cool challenge.

• Thank You
Well, crap. *cracks knuckles*

*cackles*

I acknowledge your challenge and ACCEPT IT.

@Astaroth For the tally, would you want it all at once or want it in increments?

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Things on Discord said:
Pahn, Cruel Mistress - Today at 15:47
guys we should all like, use some kind of character generator and use that one character we each get to write the prompts with 8D
Shizuochan - Today at 15:47
omg
Shizuochan - Today at 15:47
pahn that's fucking hilarious
Pahn, Cruel Mistress - Today at 15:48
I mean legit yeah it would be gr8
Shizuochan - Today at 15:48
i'm down-diddly
Kimberlyn, Masked Dancer - Today at 15:48
Wait what
Elle Joyner - Today at 15:48
Pahn wants to use a character generator to write prompt
Kimberlyn, Masked Dancer - Today at 15:49
YES. I will do this.

@Kimberlyn @Shizuochan

I AM CHALLENGING YOU!

Generate a character from here:
Random Character Generators - Springhole.net

POST YOUR RESULTS, AND GAME ON!

I went with "Big Bad" (Huge Major Pain Villains)
And got

This big bad is a cynical female cyborg. She has taken over the world with a piece of ancient technology. She commands a ragtag group of outlaws and has some followers who question their loyalty.

(if you generate a char that doesn't fit for a prompt, you can re-generate another one 8D )

If work and school wasn't starting up, I would've loved to. Good luck you guys! ^_^

This rambunctious, ordinary-looking adult with a bulging backpack comes from a decaying city in the desert and just arrived here.

omw

This disgruntled, disfigured woman with an odd walk and a lust for power comes from a sleepy town by the swamp and is here for a short visit.

Oh dear xD

*stares at CPA exam book...blinks...stares at new challenge*

Goddammit!

I wants! BUT I cants.....or can I?!
*pulls hair again*

I love this section of the boards!! Bummer that previous replies don't count, but I think I can challenge myself on a few more of these.

Just to be clear, you'd want a tally once we reach one of the listed thresholds, correct?

I'm aiming for 16+ posts a day. *lowers self into hole of time-consuming rage*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
I love this section of the boards!! Bummer that previous replies don't count, but I think I can challenge myself on a few more of these.

Just to be clear, you'd want a tally once we reach one of the listed thresholds, correct?
A tally at the end of the month/if you've done 500+!

Sometimes I forget how many prompts I've posted over the years until I suddenly got ten thousand alerts.

I am so happy to see people doing them though! 8D I'm having fun reading people's muse vomit.