Votes: 8 9.1%
  • YE BOI

Votes: 78 88.6%
  • Necc on u smfh

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the Studio Ghibli films!

Yeahhh..... count me out for the Frozen night T_T'

2 years and I still have "Do you want to build a snowman" stuck in my head.

What a great idea!!! I love love love it ^^

So I know you said we would vote on the movie how do the movies we're voting for get picked cause I think spirited away by hayao miyazaki would be a great one to vote on one month.

@LadyAuteanna Hana plans on doing a Studio Ghibli marathon, so I'm sure that'll be included if we end up doing it! :)

I got a few Studio Ghibli movies on my computer...
I also got a bunch of retro/fucked up "kid's" cartoons to for "wai?" fest. Titles include: Watership Down, Plague Dogs, Feledae, The Secret of Nimh, and Wizards.
I also have: The Last Unicorn, The Nutcracker, The Phantom Tollbooth, The Princess and the Goblin, The King and I, Rikki Tikki Tavi, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, and Cat's Don't Dance.
AND... I got Kung Pao, Perfect Blue, Ed, Edd, n Eddy's Big Picture Show, The Great Mouse Detective, Redline, Trigun: Badlands Rumble, Summer Wars, and Volcano High.
... I got more too in terms of tv shows and anime.

• Love
Reactions: TenFootFuse
I've never been part of a community that did this kind of stuff. I'm in.

If you guys haven't heard , @Sen and @Hana (I believe) are hosting a movie night during Iwaku's maintenance. MOVIES - The Grand Ghibli Marathon - Iwaku Maintenance Day!

This could be a bit of a test drive to gauge interest , and maybe lead to future events. You should talk to the two of them, post in their thread , and get your popcorn ready !

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I got a few Studio Ghibli movies on my computer...
I also got a bunch of retro/fucked up "kid's" cartoons to for "wai?" fest. Titles include: Watership Down, Plague Dogs, Feledae, The Secret of Nimh, and Wizards.
I also have: The Last Unicorn, The Nutcracker, The Phantom Tollbooth, The Princess and the Goblin, The King and I, Rikki Tikki Tavi, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, and Cat's Don't Dance.
AND... I got Kung Pao, Perfect Blue, Ed, Edd, n Eddy's Big Picture Show, The Great Mouse Detective, Redline, Trigun: Badlands Rumble, Summer Wars, and Volcano High.
... I got more too in terms of tv shows and anime.
Trigun! Summer Wars! Ssssso good.

Sounds cool, the banner brought me here :)

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I vote for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron movie night too

Reactions: Victor Markov
I suggest The Bee Movie

This sounds cool and all, but I wouldn't want to feel like I'm going to a movie night with little kids. While I do appreciate a kids movie now and then I would like to see some diversity from different genres, like Blade Runner, Poltergeist, the Evil Dead movies, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Big Lebowski, Kingpin, Mel Brooks films, the Mad Max films, Little Shop Of Horrors, Rent, Rocky Horror, Repo! The Genetic Opera, almost anything with Bill Murray in it, Ip Man, Kiss Of The Dragon, Way Of The Dragon, Rush Hour, The Matrix, Back To The Future, Brick, Se7en, Big Trouble In Little China, Forrest Gump.

I understand a lot of these movies won't hold interest for a lot of people and I do understand there's the age thing to consider. I was just hoping to broaden the types of movies that may be considered. I also figure a lot of folks wouldn't have seen a lot of movies that are widely considered classics of their genres and it would be nice to give folks the opportunity to see those.

This sounds cool and all, but I wouldn't want to feel like I'm going to a movie night with little kids. While I do appreciate a kids movie now and then I would like to see some diversity from different genres, like Blade Runner, Poltergeist, the Evil Dead movies, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Big Lebowski, Kingpin, Mel Brooks films, the Mad Max films, Little Shop Of Horrors, Rent, Rocky Horror, Repo! The Genetic Opera, almost anything with Bill Murray in it, Ip Man, Kiss Of The Dragon, Way Of The Dragon, Rush Hour, The Matrix, Back To The Future, Brick, Se7en, Big Trouble In Little China, Forrest Gump.

I understand a lot of these movies won't hold interest for a lot of people and I do understand there's the age thing to consider. I was just hoping to broaden the types of movies that may be considered. I also figure a lot of folks wouldn't have seen a lot of movies that are widely considered classics of their genres and it would be nice to give folks the opportunity to see those.
So you're putting in the effort to open us up to other options? ;D

All of these I would love to watch again XD.

Yeah, a kids night and a 'adult' night for the pg13+ movies

Already saw this, but unfortunately, I don't like skyping much, don't want to make my roomies uncomfortable, and rarely can coordinate that kind of free time, either. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.