Iwaku is starting to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just want to rant and see others say "yeah I'm having that issue to" or "I feel ya" It's sometimes about validation of one's feelings. But that's just me.
Yeah I feel you, I can agree to that. Thanks for being nice about it. Typically I try to talk about one experience I've had similar to the ranter's issues but at the same time people get annoyed when you talk about yourself n stuff. xD

*Gasp* Who knew that you had a sense of humor windsong! I'm so proud le stick has been removed from le butt. ; v ;

Seriously though, I'm glad you and I can finally come to an agreement on something ;P
Don't make me hit you with it.

I never knew we really had a disagreement about something. Shit, I agree with you on loadsa stuff. Just don't always post it.

Don't make me hit you with it.

I never knew we really had a disagreement about something. Shit, I agree with you on loadsa stuff. Just don't always post it.
If you did I would....well I was going to say I would enjoy it but then I realized that would be unsanitary and gross.

We've had altercations once or twice. You can't remember? Well they were pretty insignificant so I don't blame you. > u >

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
I have seen two threads get closed, and my own thread was moved to a different location where it didn't belong by someone who isn't even a staff member anymore. The two threads getting closed were by the request of the person who created the thread, it's against staff policy to shut a thread down with out the consent of it's creator (that's just my assumption though).
*Had a memory fart*

Oh yea, there were those cases. :/
One of the threads was slightly similar to this one actually. A girl had some break down to Jared's April Fools day prank and said she was going to quit Iwaku because of it.
Oh yea, I remember that case.
Still have contact with that person via Skype.

Admitingly it was a bit more complicated than that, but yea in a nutshell that was an over reaction to a prank.
And over reaction that after the fact she completely agreed was an over reaction.
The second one someone was ranting about being called an otaku and the negativity behind the word. It sparked a lot of controversy, and attracted some insensitively rude people to the counseling thread.
*Sigh*

Yea... I lost faith in a number of Iwakians that day. >.<
Though at that point it falls under shit throwing, bullying and harassment, something I did say that staff were obligated to get involved in at that point.
My thread that was moved was an advice wanted thread asking for help regarding a computer problem. Asmodus moved it claiming it didn't belong there, and was horribly rude to me over it. I found it entirely unnecessary to move my thread because I've seen Lewi create advice wanted threads over computer issues before.
This one I wouldn't remember because by the time I had joined Iwaku Asmodus wasn't an Admin anymore.

Something-something, smell shit everywhere you go, it's time to check your own shoes...

*Had a memory fart*

Oh yea, there were those cases. :/

Oh yea, I remember that case.
Still have contact with that person via Skype.

Admitingly it was a bit more complicated than that, but yea in a nutshell that was an over reaction to a prank.
And over reaction that after the fact she completely agreed was an over reaction.

*Sigh*

Yea... I lost faith in a number of Iwakians that day. >.<
Though at that point it falls under shit throwing, bullying and harassment, something I did say that staff were obligated to get involved in at that point.

This one I wouldn't remember because by the time I had joined Iwaku Asmodus wasn't an Admin anymore.
Yeah she did apologize for it and admitted to that, which is why I was just like "meh whatever" during that case. I think I told her the same thing I told Razi was that you shouldn't quit because of a few bad occurrences. I don't really remember though. I've lost a lot of respect for a few people that day, I'm glad there were people in that thread that were able to be reasonable mediators. The last thing I talked about was pretty low key, primarily because I decided not to go bitching to Diana about it. That and I really don't enjoy getting into fights over nothing. I just grumble about it on the side lines. I just thought it was weird that someone who clearly isn't staff anymore still has the ability to move threads around and such on their own discretion.

Yeah she did apologize for it and admitted to that, which is why I was just like "meh whatever" during that case. I think I told her the same thing I told Razi was that you shouldn't quit because of a few bad occurrences.
I told her the same thing too, but she ultimately left for other reasons.
Not sure if it was just a bail/excuse mind you.
The last thing I talked about was pretty low key, primarily because I decided not to go bitching to Diana about it. That and I really don't enjoy getting into fights over nothing. I just grumble about it on the side lines. I just thought it was weird that someone who clearly isn't staff anymore still has the ability to move threads around and such on their own discretion.
Wait, he did this after he was no longer Staff? o_o
That's... concerning.

Wait, he did this after he was no longer Staff? o_o
That's... concerning.

Pretty sure she mis-understood the situation, and Asmo simply went to someone that did the moving.

When you're de/pro- moted from Staff, you lose or gain those forum tools. They don't just hang around for a little while.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Pretty sure she mis-understood the situation, and Asmo simply went to someone that did the moving.

When you're de/pro- moted from Staff, you lose or gain those forum tools. They don't just hang around for a little while.
Probably.

But programs get glitches/errors. I'm open to the possibility of that a bug happened.
However I do agree, him getting a staff to do it for him seems more plausible.

Probably.

But programs get glitches/errors. I'm open to the possibility of that a bug happened.
However I do agree, him getting a staff to do it for him seems more plausible.
Yeah but why got to such an extent over something that's clearly been okay to post in the counseling thread before? xD

I didn't think about this, I just assumed it was his doing since he had left a comment about it. xD

Yeah but why got to such an extent over something that's clearly been okay to post in the counseling thread before? xD
Cause Asmodeous? :P

Perhaps what was okay in the past, was actually a mishandled error? ;P

Perhaps what was okay in the past, was actually a mishandled error? ;P
Again I didn't think about it that way. o-o

Sometimes it helps to be a little assertive, especially on the internet. Granted there are going to be these very thin skinned whiners who are going to find any excuse they can to bitch and moan about your thread or something rather insignificant to be as offensive as calling a black person the N-word in their face. Over time I learn how to tune out the whiners and moaners to tell them to fucking deal with it. Alas if you intentionally try to start offensive threads like Asmodus for example then yes you might be asking to step through a landmine. For the record that guy is bit of an asshole but I digress.

As for power hungry moderators? Every forum has one or two, Iwaku is no exception. The one mod and admin in particular, those shall not be named, are rather itchy to assert their authority when things get just the least bit hairy or biased towards a certain opinion. Iwaku is no different from the others so you can tout whatever amount of "professionalism" or fairness you like. Actions speak louder than words, Iwaku has one or two megalomaniac moderators and admins lurking about.

I have to take Razie's side on this matter because it seems we let the thin-skinned ones overrule the need to discuss an issue. What makes matters worse with the rant thread is we got these who say "no one cares about your opinion" then why the fuck did they even bother replying then? Yet these trolls get a free pass? Tsk.

Anyhow as for dealing with this on a roleplaying level I have yet to see a function on here where you can kick people out for causing trouble otherwise tell them to GTFO if they got so much of a problem with the RP in question. Not to say I can be diplomatic when it is necessary, yet there is that one person who is going to gripe about every little thing in the RP I'll tell them to flat out to get the fuck out. Pack your bags, leave and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. By then their delicate sensibilities has no factor in the RP anymore.

Last edited:
o_o

I want to go on vinyl as saying that I don't have staff powers.

*hides up a tree*

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Just sayin. I am so tired of walking around on egg shells for fear of stepping on someone's toes. I'm tired of worrying about getting in trouble for offending someone with something that shouldn't be offensive in the first place. And then when things to start getting into a debate. *LE WILD POWER CRAZED MOD APPEARS.* >.> "Welp this conversation looks like it's going to cause a little trouble. CONVERSATION OVER! NO YOU MAY NOT DEFEND YOURSELF. NO YOU MAY NOT DEBATE IT FURTHER. YOU HAVE TO SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND BOTTLE UP ALL THAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE IT MIGHT OFFEND SOMEONE." It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of leaving because it's not fun anymore to be here, when I constantly have to watch every little thing I do because it might piss someone off. I've had to end rps that are not breaking any rules yet it pissed people off and caused drama, so it was done with. It's becoming more like riding a bike. Only you have to put on a helmet, facegaurd, mouth guard, elbow pads, knee pads, shin protectors, sleeves to protect your arrms long pants to protect your legs, shoes with out laces so they don't get stuck in the spokes, then you have to put a layer of bubble wrap around you. In the end, it's not even worth riding the bike. Of course someone's gonna come say no! No! It's all lovey. Staff is just trying to keep it positive by making you bottle it up. But oh you can come to the counseling thread! Until it pisses someone off, then you bottle it up again. Or you can take it to pms unless they don't want to talk to you, then you're screwed. You look like the bad guy because there is nothing you can do and in the end you look petty. Isn't this such a great place? I mean seriously. I used to enjoy role play. Now it's hard for me to even get into the spirit of it.
I haven't read all the other post below this yet but I AGREE WITH YOU SOOO MUCH that I had to reply this as quick as I can. I tried to express my feelings once by opening up a thread in the general chatting and one douche felt that the thread was a direct attack towards him. He started accusing me of things that I didn't do and dragged other people by tagging their name in the thread. Once I moved the conversation into PM and asked him which part did I do such thing he accused me of, the douche didn't reply and decided to be mute about it.

I haven't read all the other post below this yet but I AGREE WITH YOU SOOO MUCH that I had to reply this as quick as I can. I tried to express my feelings once by opening up a thread in the general chatting and one douche felt that the thread was a direct attack towards him. He started accusing me of things that I didn't do and dragged other people by tagging their name in the thread. Once I moved the conversation into PM and asked him which part did I do such thing he accused me of, the douche didn't reply and decided to be mute about it.
You're still salty about that?

Good lords let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.