• Disney Channels

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • None

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other(s)

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Torsty

Super Peace Busters Always Together, Forever!
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Alright, reason for this poll is that I've gotten the impression over the years that a lot of members on here watch series or channels that.....in my perfect view is for the kids. Like Cartoon Network and the Disney Channels for example.

Is there any truth to this?

PS. You can vote for several choices.

I watch Naruto and lots of different anime that is widely regarded as 'immature' Truth be told, I often find very adult themes in these shows, and I enjoy watching Naruto because it's exactly the themes like 'death of loved ones' 'betrayal of, or by friends' and 'love won and love' that draw me to anime.

Do I even need to answer this, Torsty ?

I'm ITTY BITTY remember ? x)

I watch all of that and more. Whenever my exams finish. NONSTOP until its time to study for the next set of exams. xD

I watch Cartoon network, but only for Southpark, Family guy and sometimes Robot Chicken and ATHF...none of which are really "Kids shows"

WAIT I'm thinking of Comedy Central, never mind I don't watch Cartoon network......

I changed your vote from CN to none.

CN all the way. Its got Batman Brave and the Bold! Aquaman's a crazy hammy badass! And Justice League! Aquaman's a crazy hammy hardcore one-armed badass of ultimate manliness!

Disney all the way. Back in my day, we had TaleSpin! "Spin it! Bum bum ba-bum ba bum bum, bum bum ba bum! Ha, ha. Bum bum bum, ba bum..."

And Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears--all of which I learned to play on the piano, of course. "Dashing and daring, courageous and caring, faithful and friendly with stories to share. All through the forest, they sing out in chorus, marching along with their song in the air. Gummi bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere!"

A lot of anime these days hasn't been terribly interesting to me. I think the last couple that really got me hooked were Gurren Lagann (the sheer amount of awesome isn't willing suspension of disbelief, its a religious experience), Claymore (toned tummies, blonde hair, giant swords...mmmmHHMMMM), and FullMetal Alchemist (I can totally sympthize with you, Napoleon. I mean Ed.)

CN for Adult Swim, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Clone Wars, Chowder, and Flapjack.

Other for Futurama and South Park.

Well, shows like Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy etcetc who have adult themes aren't considered "kids shows" in my book. I guess Adult Swim on CN shouldn't count either then.

I watch all cartoons.... I can't help it...

A lot of people watch shows that are meant for children and that's largely because writers often time will include adult jokes that will over kids heads. I'll freely admit that I still watch Arthur on PBS since I've been following the series for well over a decade and its largely nostalgic these days but it still has a certain snarkiness to popular culture that I like. Let's face it, the worlds of adulthood sucks and we like looking back to simpler times; if you want to pretend childhood is anymore easy than being an adult.

YOU FORGOT NICKELODEON!

I like the Tween shows they have on. c___c iCarly, Jonas brothers... I like some of the cartoons too. They're starting to make good ones again. There was this long period of shitty cartoons. t___t

I enjoy kid shows and I am not ashamed to admit it! :D Adult dramas and all that bullshit reality TV is boring. I don't want to sit down and watch reality, I want to see pretend stuff and escape the evils of real life. c___c;

Diana, Nickelodeon has gone downhill. WAY downhill...

Any who, the main reason I watch Cartoon Network these days is for Adult Swim. 'Nuff said...

I don't watch TV.

I just download the cartoon/series that I like.

PS. Nick used to have balls back in the 90's. Good times.

I don't watch tv at all. I could really live without it, except I need my tv for movies and video games :P

Nope haha I don't watch cartoons. Unless I'm feeling nostalgia then I throw on some TMNT or something.

I'm watching Cartoon Network for the SW 3d cartoons and because they're now showing the six Star Wars movies.

It is now confirmed to me that Episode V was the best ever.

Erm, how do you vote multiple choices? <.< 'Coz on my end, the checkboxes are gone after I voted once.

I voted for Disney Channel, though, as I've always watched it since young. Didn't really watch it anymore recently, though, because 1. I have better things to watch online, so I can't really be bothered about TV anymore, and 2. because the shows are getting much more awful than before. I still could stand Hannah Montana back then, but now you have, what? J.O.N.A.S.? Seriously? <_<" I want the American Dragon: Jake Long!

I miss the old Wonderful World of Disney. The montage always enlightens me, as if bringing me to another world. Now they have some hyperactive kids jumping about shouting, "Disney Channel Movies!" Pfft. Way to make Disney look good.

I also stopped watching Cartoon Network now. Between the two, Disney still wins my vote anyday, but Cartoon Network (I refuse to call it by its new capitalized name, CN) was still good back in the day. I still enjoyed some of the shows of the new century, though, like Ben 10 (didn't bother with the sequel). I love the classics such as Powerpuff Girls (yes, I'm a guy watching this, thank you very much). I was so excited about the Friday Premiere where they featured new episodes of PPG. And of course, there's Samurai Jack. Another good show, but now almost replaced.

Ah, good times. Good memories.

Why didn't you feature Nickelodeon as part of the options? <.< I love Rugrats.

I used to watch Spongebob but now . . . *shutters*. I used to watch Cartoon Network and Disney Channel, but I don't anymore. I stopped watching Cartoon Network during the time Toonami was canceled. I stopped watching Disney Channel when "That's So Raven" was canceled >.>. I still end up inadvertantly watching Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon thanks to my little siblings demanding for it on the living room TV.