Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Yes, I want to be a judge

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes but I wanted to be a judge, thanks though

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that this is a community with people all over the world. If this is gonna be live, we must make sure everyone are awake at the same time and can make noises during that time without waking everyone around them o_o If it's gonna be one competition every week or so and it is during the middle of the night or work hours for a few people, they will loose out of it because of that.

This works for American idol, Swedish idol etc. because everyone are in the same country, at the same stage, in the same time zone, but for a world wide community, it would be extremely hard to make a schedule that works for everyone who wants to do it live, plus the judges have to be there for the live event. I personally tend to have a really shitty time zone compared to most people on iwaku, so if it turns out to be three in the morning, I would probably have to jump off this thing cause I can't promise I will be able to stay awake for that long once every week.

A live event might just alienate people who might think about joining because they can't do it during the time that's comfortable for most others on iwaku.

I'm not going to say "don't do it!", but take your time and think about the pros and cons of doing it live and before deciding, check with all the contestant what their time zones are, when they can do it and figure out if you can make a schedule around everyones times, and of course ask if they are up for a live event.

Just remember that this is a community with people all over the world. If this is gonna be live, we must make sure everyone are awake at the same time and can make noises during that time without waking everyone around them o_o If it's gonna be one competition every week or so and it is during the middle of the night or work hours for a few people, they will loose out of it because of that.

This works for American idol, Swedish idol etc. because everyone are in the same country, at the same stage, in the same time zone, but for a world wide community, it would be extremely hard to make a schedule that works for everyone who wants to do it live, plus the judges have to be there for the live event. I personally tend to have a really shitty time zone compared to most people on iwaku, so if it turns out to be three in the morning, I would probably have to jump off this thing cause I can't promise I will be able to stay awake for that long once every week.

A live event might just alienate people who might think about joining because they can't do it during the time that's comfortable for most others on iwaku.

I'm not going to say "don't do it!", but take your time and think about the pros and cons of doing it live and before deciding, check with all the contestant what their time zones are, when they can do it and figure out if you can make a schedule around everyones times, and of course ask if they are up for a live event.
^This

this is why I may not do it live I did it recorded and it was fine last time but may talk to my judges over Skype when they are free and my prize designer's

Skype works too.

Though I'd still push for live even considering the points above.
There's a just a lot to gain from the immediate community aspect to keep people engaged that you lose out on completely by relying on recordings and PMs.

Skype works too.

Though I'd still push for live even considering the points above.
There's a just a lot to gain from the immediate community aspect to keep people engaged that you lose out on completely by relying on recordings and PMs.
Not everyone can do live so I think I will do recording, however thanks for the input all of you

Oooh, I'm interested in being a contestant! Just for fun though, my voice is crazy average. xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I am a solid "maybe" on this. Leaning towards yes though, this sounds like it could be fun

*Lurks because he's not sure whether he has a good singing voice or not, and isn't planning to find that out here.*

Concerning the time zone issue, perhaps it'd be possible if you got enough contestants, to have Three different shows, corresponding to region?

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Concerning the time zone issue, perhaps it'd be possible if you got enough contestants, to have Three different shows, corresponding to region?
Right now there are no plans on doing it live, though depending on people's time zones and if we can work around it, it might change. Doing three shows would probably not be an option as that would mean every judge would be gone for at least one show cause sleep or maybe work. Judges also have time zones o_o Replacing a judge with another would mean that you have unfair rulings because one judge might have different experiences and different view on music and might be stricter when they give points, thus one judge might give higher points to a number than another judge would. You need to have the same judges during the same competition round, otherwise some people might get higher points while others might get lower because of the kind of judge they happened to get, because judges don't have the same rating system even if they rate the same thing. If every judge rated things the exact same way, there would only be a need for one judge and there would never be situations like one saying don't pass, one saying pass and then the last vote goes to the last judge, or in cases of four judges a sudden tie breaker. (And that's why you don't have an even amount of judges o_o)

So this is a really bad way of doing it if you want everyone to be judged by the exact same point system.

I am thinking 12 weeks

I have different genres and they will be assigned for the first few weeks then I will let you choose from the list after that and you can choose any song if you ever need a song for that Genre let me know I am also be doing like a Genre a week you all get the same Genre and have to pick different songs

What genres were you considering? Or is it going to be a surprise?

• Useful
Reactions: Indabayou
try to have this up on the drive today before I go poof for a bit

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Ooo I am interested!

Reactions: TotallyMe
Status
Not open for further replies.