Iwaku History

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woodrat

Original poster
So... October 10th marks the 4th anniversary of the start of Iwaku 2.0. Four years later and we still be going in our newest variant. Linky

King Weavel and I were talking in the c-box reminiscing about the days of the past… Of members that are no longer with us…

Lettme get straight to the point here…

If you have seen the Happy B-Day Iwaku thread, you might have noticed the quote I put in there showing a tidbit of the Iwaku history.

This was part of a thing I wrote back in 2007, on the old Iwaku forum. Sadly I never got around to activity working on it, nor updating it.

My question is this, would anyone be interested in a 'Iwaku History'? Would you the members, both old generations and new… be interested in reading about Iwaku's past? About the members and things that shaped Iwaku into what it is now?

Would anyone be willing to help write an Iwaku history? This even includes events that have occurred now or recently. Such as evil server crashes, the Halloween holiday preparations and RP's. Hell even Member profiles, yourselves or other members that are no longer with us. Least they be forgotten...

I'm just throwing this out on the table now, to see what the interest is in it. I much rather not watch effort go to waste if no one is interested in it.

- Woodrat

Well, I for one would be very interested in it. I was late to join the old forum and was then brutally assaulted by the blender known as IRL, so sometimes it seems like I missed all the good times. If you do do a history (doobedoobedoo...) is it going to be a posted thing or like, a book we could purchase?

Heh, posted of course... to make people purcahse something seems a tad off...

I have a pretty good memory of the 'golden age' and other middleguard stuff.

I'm in.

I'm the only other old guard I know, woody ._.

Tis nawh just talking about stuff from the beginning.

Though that may be a starting off point.

I'm talking about doing things from 2005 up until even now. That way, even members that joined only six months ago can aid. I mean, they can help by writing even a few sentences the Forum crash a couple months back and the like. Enough people write a few sentences and a paragraph can be formed.

Cuz... three people can't write all of the history of Iwaku, it's way too bloody big. We'll spend months and not even be close to being finished on something that always expands. We can't go in chronological order, we'll hit what we can remember as high points or things that stood out. Such as when we had that April fool's joke of merging Moonwings with Iwaku. Or the Iwaku card game…

Then again, with only 40 views... 5 or so of being mine. 5 posts... I'm seeing this not being all that appealing to members, which I suppose I can understand.

its not a matter of whether or not people want it comrade.

the history of Iwaku SHOLD be told by those who were there and remember.
(shit, most of the time i'm on here i see hints to past rps or members, adn it brings back waves of nostalgia)

I remember I remember <33
I was a puny little kiddiee member back when I first came, but Gabe always had me stuffed into super-project-missions to do stuff for him xD

Well I'll help with what I can. My memory is foggy in places, good in others. The history of Iwaku is important IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.