Iwaku: Azazel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rameses had finally crossed into a more populated area, and was relieved to get away from the sun-scorched heath he had wandered across for what seemed like days. He could now see a sort of small town ahead, and he expected to be there within an hour. As he continued walking he thought about the things he would now have to do after finally finding a place where other people could be found. Of course his hunt for the man named Asmodeus was still his primary concern, but if he was to continue in his search he would have to procure provisions for the journey. Also, it occured to him that it might not be a bad idea to stop at this place and rest awhile, taking time to gather his thoughts and recuperate from the wears and ravages of his time spent traveling through the Southern Cross.

He had nearly reached the town now, and as he got closer it gradually occurred to him that this place might not be the best choice to make a stop. What few buildings (if he were to deign to call them that) he could see were ramshackle structures bleached by the sun and scoured by the desert sands. He supposed some of them were homes, but judging by the lack of visible activity either outside or in, there didn't seem to be very few people living here. Or maybe it was that they didn't want to be seen? Either way, he decided he would investigate a building located roughly in the center of the deserted-looking settlement. Judging from its outward appearance, it was a bar or saloon of some sort.

There was a row of rusted and disused hitching posts out front, making it seem as if no one had stopped for a drink here in some time. As Rameses drew closer, he saw a partial skeleton at the base of one of these posts. It was hard to determine what kind of creature it had come from, partially because it lacked a head. It also was slightly smaller than what one would expect for a horse, or at least a healthy one. He wasn't sure, but Rameses could almost have sworn it was of a large dog or wolf, or maybe even a jackal.

Realizing he had become distracted, he proceeded to enter the saloon. Walking through a pair of swinging doors, he stepped into the cool indoor shade, relieved to finally be out from under the burning glare of the sun. Looking around the place, he saw that it was empty, and from the way half the chairs and tables were either broken or turned over onto the floor, he could guess that this establishment had long since ceased serving a regular crowd of patrons. There was a crude bar made of wooden boards, and behind it a doorway leading further back into the building. Approaching the bar, he tried to peer through the doorway to see what was behind it. Suddenly, there emerged through the doorway a bedraggled man in threadbare clothes with a wiry beard. He didn't seem particularly surprised to see Rameses there. The man removed a dirty-looking cloth from his back pants pocket and began wiping down the makeshift bar. He must have been the bartender, although he had yet to offer Rameses a drink or even so much as acknowledge his presence.

Not sure of how to approach the man or begin to ask him a question, Rameses blinked surprisedly at him and drew in a deep breath through his nostrils. He decided he would simply state his business and hope the man would give him an answer. If that were to fail, he was not above resorting to violence to get the man's attention. After all, he had not come all this way just to end up staring down a barkeep in the middle of some wretched ghost town.

"I have come here looking for a man called Asmodeus. Can you tell me where I might find him?"

His voice sounded flat and emotionless in the stillness and quiet of the dilapidated bar room. The man looked up at him, his eyes slowly sweeping over Rameses from head to foot, up and down and back again before finally settling on the former priest's face. The bartender's eyes were a dull gray, made to look even more vacant by the listless expression on his face. Through that blank countenance, Rameses could almost have sworn he noticed a faint ripple of recognition, followed closely by fear. It was almost enough to bring a semblance of liveliness to the man's face, but it quickly faded, replaced by a slight wry grin that just barely pricked up the corners of the man's mouth. He then withdrew from the bar, turning and walking back through the door he had just come through, chuckling softly to himself.

Stunned and slightly indignant from the behavior he had just witnessed, Rameses stormed out of the bar and back into the dusty road cutting in front of the saloon, using both arms to send the swinging doors flying out to either side in annoyance. Now he found himself in the middle of nowhere without any promising leads or so much as a single clue as to where to go from here. For all his trouble, he had come up with nothing.

Summary: Rameses Abraxas enters the town of Anton and inquires about Asmodeus.

The pulse...

Melody didn't understand what it was, nor did she see it coming. Her understanding of magic and its intricacies was next to nothing. But when the pulse came, she felt at first different. Free almost. But then a pain racked her chest, as if a giant clawed hand was holding onto her frail body. The pain - the agony - it sent her writhing against the rock, her brown eyes rolling back against her skull. From a bystander's point of view, one would assume Melody had a seizure. And in a sense she did, but she was still aware.

... Please. Don't stop.

The grasp of that clawed hand seemed to weaken, and it almost let go. But the Pulse stopped, and it held on with a vindictiveness Melody never thought possible. The presence faded into her being, almost nonexistent, but Melody knew it was biding its time. She would have to ensure nothing would aggravate it into coming out...

Melody fought to open her eyes, but the dehydration and lack of food left her body useless. Her ears registered the sound of a chainsaw and while unfamiliar, the harsh tone and whirring it made told her brain that the thing was dangerous. Cracking her eyes open, Melody forced her arms to lift her body over the rock and peer at what was making the sound.

Over the rock, Melody saw Asmodeus, smeared with blood in his birthday suit... wearing a rusty Space Marine helmet... with a chainsaw in hand.

The 9 year old fainted immediately on the rock.

Reactions: 1 person
Eastern Kingdom: Nerf City (Castle Peridox)

19 Hours before the Fight.

All stories begin.

Whether by birth, death, a war, long standing peace, or the Deus Ex Machina of a sword held fast in the grip of stone. All men and women know the beginning of their stories, where the moment dawned that they became characters. They know deep down, often obscured by reason and logic. All too often, most assume it is with their own birth...that destiny cares when they open their eyes to the new world around them.

It does not.

Gods begin at birth, destined children tattooed with some eldritch birthmark, dragons born of womens loins...THEY have stories beginning at birth. Most, however, begin long after birth...long after they've learned the world and its teachings.

True characters are not given mandates when life begins, they must earn them as accolades through the course of their own history.

The East is a Kingdom of Earned Stories.

No one is born privileged.

Not even their king.

Jack did not awake in the morning. He had kept a cande-lit vigil through the mires of darkness beyond where the eyes of his subjects. In the bowels of Castle Peridox, two stones stacked against each other...for all the world simply two bricks in the wall, they glitter with flecks of foreign metals. Jack was beyond this place, where not even the shadows of night intruded.

And what occurred there, none but he could say.

Jack emerged from the secret entrance quietly, shaking dust from his robes and fine velvet, straightening the crown on his head. The guard patrol in the lower hallways were always lax, men disregarding what they deemed useless to drink and throw dice. He would not correct them, not today, counting on their indolence to afford him his brief reprieve from reign. His footfalls echoed hollowly in the empty hallway, fading as he ascended toward the Castle commons and it was lost in the bustle of pre-dawn activity.

No one questioned the one eyed king as he took his throne, walking in the wrong direction from his bedchamber, they merely bowed their heads and continued with morning routine.

Torsty was not here to greet Jack, but the Viking had credence to go where he pleased and Jack was not worried. Today felt new...like a beginning.

Like a story.

Cocking his head to the side, Jack placed it on his fist and pondered, his face twisting in confusion.

His story began today...but why did it feel like nostalgia?

8 hours before the fight.

"My Lord," the gap-toothed messenger bent on a knee before the throne before looking up, tremors of fear shaking the eyes in his sockets. He was new, obviously, the manner by which he addressed the King was evidence of that. Had a messenger died on him? Or perhaps the Kingdom was expanding and needed new hands. Either way, the fellow clearly was not at ease here. "My Lord, the Array has reported the intrusion of a class B reality bender South of the capitol. There are no reports of violence or overt Editing yet, but it may still be early to tell."

Jack sat up straight, frowning, "Class B? That's worrying. Any identification on the energy signature?"

The messenger stood, bowing and shaking his head. "Unknown energy signature, cross referenced with all known reality disrupters. It's new, My liege, Whatever it is."

"And the Anti-discorpotation shields? What of them?"

"Ah...my Liege, it did not appear to teleport...this was a dimensional intrusion."

Jack considered the new knowledge, gripping the arms of his throne in concentration. "Hmm...a visitor to Iwaku then...interesting."

"My Liege? Your orders?"

Jack waved the messenger away from him, stepping off the throne. He couldn't go to greet the man himself, not with the Cage match to watch tonight. No matter how many times he tried to stub the Insanity-borne bloodsport, it kept cropping up in the kingdom...this time a little too close to home. In times of peace, the hot blooded must vent, but there were Kingdom sanctioned tournaments for that...beneath the eyes of the Kingdom, darker bloodsports could exact their own grim entertainment.

The King was loathe to see his city descend to such under his watch.

"Find Advisor Torsty and bid him greet our new guest," Jack decided, nodding at the messenger, "Tell him to be welcoming unless provoked, and inform the cooks I'll be having an extra guest this evening at dinner."

The man bowed so low it was miraculous he did not fall over, stood, and bounded out of the room.

Jack glanced to the guards at the door, crooking his finger to bid one approach.

"Inform Lady Jovian that her Knights should be prepared for the evening festivities...and fetch me my blade and armor." The guard bowed and left immediately, leaving Jack alone with the other armored guardian in the room.

Lounging back on his throne, the king chuckled and brought up both legs to rest on one of the arms. "Tonight," he said to the guard, shaking his head with a smile, "Tonight I remind my citizens whose city this is."

Beneath Sakura Noodles, Cage Fight location-Present time.

Adjusting the sword at his waist, Jack ran a hand through his white hair. It wasn't white before Asmodeus, but the stress of rule, especially in the early stages, stole the color from his mane. Gingerly he pressed a finger against the patch over his eye, feeling the nothing behind it, the absence there. The Mad Prince had stolen it when Jack had turned on him those years ago, and still he escaped with his life. Somewhere the Grand Usurper was out there...and Jack would eventually find him.

He would hang for his crimes.

But for once, the need was not a pressing drive. There were more important things to attend to than some mad angel and his repetitive ambitions. It felt good to know, and he let the thought of his former mentor fade away.

Jovian was gearing up, buckling her armor and preparing the other soldiers for intervention. Ordinarily Jack wasn't necessary for these matters, but the rumors painted the premiere champion tonight as a fighter of some renown. Supposedly the superhuman had broken his way through smaller rings to this cage match in the capitol city. It was enough hype to ensure the seats would be full. There was never a more decisive way to show the supporters of the bloodsport his disfavor than now.

He clapped a hand on Jovian's shoulder, grinning and winking with his one good eye. "Full house tonight, huh? Let's make an impression."

Stepping back from her he watched the other soldiers head to the exits. In a pinch, they could hold the crowd, but if the cage fighters wanted to leave...they would. Jack adjusted the signet on his chest, Azazel's sign bronzed and glinting in the light of the hallway. He didn't particularly enjoy it, but it was a symbol of his authority under Azazel. The Eastern Kingdom, his to command and manage. So long as that angel sat on the main throne, Jack was a Knight in another respect.

So he would wear the badge for now.

But Iwaku would be ruled by its own, not this outsider.

"Take the fighters alive, incapacitate if you can...otherwise, secure the ring." Jack laughed to himself shaking his head before he and Jovian stepped out beneath the cage fight. The owner had...seen it his way, so when Jack and the guards stepped out, the cage would be lowered to the ground, sealing off the exit in the bottom.

"Will you look at that," he indicated the cage above them, lowering toward the ground in low, sweeping arcs, "They have them pre-jailed for us."

Summary: Jack is up to mysterious tasks by night, finds out about Myrn outside the city and sends a servant to find Torsty, ordering that the newcomer be greeted and brought to the castle. The Cage fight is infiltrated, the Cage descending to the ground to cut off the exit. Jovian is to incapacitate the prisoners if she can. The exits are sealed. It appears Jack wants to make an entrance.

"How interesting, that you can talk,"

He said nothing, only pushed his head against her hand as she scratched behind his ears

"So you are a ruler of some sort, my friend? I had no idea there were politics involved with your kind. I always knew that there were more to cats than we could see with the naked eye..."

At that he jumped into her lap sat on his haunches and looked up at Umbra, a flicker of something beyond in his blue and green eyes. A depth of wisdom, centuries beyond the small cat form sitting in front of her, an image of him in humanoid golden armor with a jeweled crown on his head.

1170660590904968lj3.jpg

"My name is Karsikat, and I am the Cat Emperor of Cat-kind, sworn ruler and guardian of my entire race," His voice sounded grander, weighted with the authority he carried. His lips were still as he projected his thoughts, almost as if in private stereo, to her mind.
"And you Umbra," he sniffed at her again, almost as if he could smell her thoughts "I smell something strange, a Mingling of human, and cat-kind within your veins, and something else that I cannot identify. Something sinister."

[BG="black"]Thomas Irving [/BG]
[BG="black"]Thomas stretched his sore legs. He rolled one of legs of his trousers. The on the side of his legs were a red bruise. He would choose to ignore the pain for the time being. They were still on a mission. It wasn't everyday that they had one that didn't involve trying to kill the target. This was going to be an interesting affair.

He and Eros had been travelling via motorbike for the past three hours and he ached. His body didn't like sitting for such a long time. Maybe, if he were just a little younger…

Eros rolled a displaced log next to the motorbike, so that they would have a more comfortable seat. Once more she pulled out the blue feather from pocket. Eros had spent several hours studying the single clue they had of the creature's existence.

Thomas then walked over towards his daughter. "So," He said. "What is your hypothesis on this bird?"

"Well, father," she then donned a pair of goggles that had a magnifying extension, "It has to be a larger sized bird. It is very curious, the shape suggests that it is not much of a flyer…More of a bird that needs winds to glide and too keep it airborne."

"The trade winds are picking up. You call tell by the movement of the clouds." Thomas then pointed towards the sky. "The trade winds blow predominantly from the northeast in the North and from the southeast in the South…We are close to the north, so she is moving towards the east."

"Let's get going."
[/BG]

[DASH=Red]"So....If you don't recognize this place...Iwaku, rather...Where are you from, exactly?...You don't exactly look like you're from around the parts, after all...If you stick out to me, the citizens will have a field day with you, oh boy."
"Uh...Well, it wasn't like here...Most everyone lived in cities, and the seasons actually changed." Kino glanced up at the threes around them. She'd never really been in a forest before, just near them. I wonder... "Um...Is all of this world like this? A forest, I mean..."
"Well...No, not really. This world is made up of a lot of areas...And each one is pretty odd, I guess..." Miru replied promptly, following her gaze at the scenery.
"Really? How so?" She looked back at him, her head cocked to the side ever so slightly.
"This area is always fall...No matter how time progresses, it will also be fall, through and through.... There's a few places that ignore the flow of time that way. Others are just home to some...really odd characters, let's put it that way."
"Huh…" Kino looks back up at the sky, smiling. "It's like some fantasy land, then…"
"Well, I suppose you could look at it that way, sure...But there's a difference between fantasy and fairy tales...If you stay with me, well...You're likely to see that..."

Miru saw something up ahead, and started running forward. So Kino chased after him, of course. "H-hey! What's wrong?!"[/DASH]

Summary: Kino walks with Miru and gets some more information on how Iwaku's geography is set up. When he notices Thomas, she chases after him instead of hanging back and being stealthy.

[DASH=white]Still in the Western Gosai Mountains, the Snake and Cat Pub in Iniquity proper

SnakeandCatsmall.jpg

The tavern was filled with an unexpected hustle and bustle as Ozymandius and Seiji ducked in through the door. Lively music from a corner jukebox hung thick in the air, mingling with tobacco smoke and the persistent hum of conversation. Iniquity was not so sleepy as it seemed.

"I'll see to getting a room for the night," she told her companion, slipping over to the bar and engaging the masked creature pouring drinks in conversation. He took her coin, and reached below the bar with one clawed hand to retrieve a key tied to a large, elaborately carved block of wood. Accepting the key from him, she examined the woodwork, running a gloved thumb over the raised details of the rose. It would, she assumed, match the door of their room, serving in lieu of a room number. With a friendly smile and a word of thanks in the name of the Ossochanter, she leaned against the bar, waiting as the publican and his pixie assistant served up a couple of drinks- a sweet porter for her, and Seiji's drink of choice.

As she sipped at her beer, she let her mind slip from the pub to her familiar's eyes again. She'd left Rueful to its own devices once they'd entered the town; the skeletal microraptor tended to unnerve the unenlightened. Now, it was perched on the rooftop of the Snake and Cat like a bony vulture, preening as it surveyed the street below. If anything were to go amiss, Ozymandius would know.

Summary: Ozymandius and Seiji enter the inn and get a room and refreshments. Ozymandius is using her familiar to keep an eye on things outside.
[/DASH]

Harpy let the winds take control of her path, only able to glide and flutter a bit since she was so heavy. Even if she was part bird in this place it could not change the fact that a majority of her was humanoid. She wasn't sure which direction she was going but she did not care much either way. It was an adventure for her, a chance to explore this interesting and strange world. Part of her was still a little bothered by the feeling of eyes, that maybe she was being followed. Part of her wasn't surprised, the first time she wandered into a city she had been accused of being a demon. Luckily, she had been able to convince the town that she only wanted some food...and money also helped that as well. In the end she was treated kindly, though she still got some interesting looks.

Harpy made a move to land, the wind starting to die down a bit and causing her to float down. After landing in a tree she decided to take a rest and relax, leaning back in a tree and closing her eyes for a nap. It took a lot out of her to keep her wings in the right position to glide in the air.

Summary: Harpy guilds for a bit with the wind currents before landing in a tree to rest.

Eyelids came closer and closer together, the girl squinted towards lines of fine little hairs, following each angle and curve. The sudden turn of Vay's eyebrow fascinated the woodland pixie. Although, honestly, most would amuse her, even if something is insignificant, or not that interesting to the normal individual. But, really, what was normal, and who said the way she acted wasn't normal in some unknown culture out there, in the wide large world. Exactly. Dropping her eyes slightly to politely find his now, Knives cleared her throat with a gentle cough against her curled up hand. Tilting her head to the side as he commented on her not fitting in to her surroundings, she gave a couple more blinks before huffing, ready to respond. Pouting as he continued to speak, she held back any words that came up to her throat, like a lion cub prepared to pounce. ..But she didn't have a lion's tail, or a tail at this moment of any kind. That was kind of disappointing. A tail would be ever so delightful right now.. The way she would be able to force it around and around, twirling it in and out, side to side, up and down. Ooh, it would be so wonderful to have a tail in her 'human-like' form.

Forcing herself out from her fantastical thoughts, Knives noticed, while folding her hands behind her back, the way his shoulder hunched along, his posture was becoming kind of painful to behold. Watching his expression, a bit confused, flustered with what she should be doing to help, Knives felt her eyes widen at once. Stepping closer with much haste, pale hands shot out to either side of him, though not touching the man, but more of just hanging around in case he needed to be caught from falling soon. Focused on the spot his palm clung to, Knives' face twisted up with concern and immediate worry. It did not matter at all that she had just met this person, she could empathize with him already. He was lost, and clearly hurt, as well as confused, like a small puppy waddling along rain-pelted streets of a dingy city. Neither one of them should be alone in this place, and she was quite determined to help in any way she could.
"You should save your energy. My current Home is not far from here. Do you feel you can walk safely over with me? There you can lay down and rest any wounds."
Now that she was the one furrowing her brows, Knives gazed up and waited for a response. Her face was rather stern for once, taking protective action, which most likely came from the nurturing side of her personality. If these sources of pain on him weren't too horrible, she would try to heal them the most she could. Though, knowing how long that could take, it would be up to him. They were brand new acquaintances, anyways.

{Knives is very worried for Vay, seeming unwell and all. She proposes they go to her Home, which is just a hole in a tree.}

Southern Cross - Near the Town of Anton

Ghost_Town_4066_by_Miajometo.jpg

He whistled a happy song. Cos that's what people do. They whistle when they go on a journey, or when someone new comes to town.

She was getting his stairs all bloody. Maybe if he dragged her by the head it would be cleaner. But her ankle was so small and ergonomic.

He liked ergonomic things. It said so in his police profile.

With a quick loop of chain, Melody was hung in the centre of his basement, and Asmodeus moved to his desk.

Mastersm.jpg

Er... then something happened... errrrrrr....

He searched around for a piece of paper and lifted it into the pale light provided by the bulb that swung in time with Melody.

It was blank.

He wrote something on it.

GET TO KNOW HER

He read it again.

Yes. Good idea.

He picked up a scalpel.

Zach__Sunglasses_At_Night_by_FaerietaleWaltz.jpg

He flicked off her slippers, one by one, then made an incision in the red silk of her Chinese pants. He cut it away to reveal her calf - petite and smooth as a child's would be. His other hand squeezed the flesh, watching how it responded to the indents and moulding of his fingers. The shin bone was close to the surface. He tapped it. Tap tap tap. Then poked the scalpel against the pad of her big toe. It was squishy. He would have to paint her toenails.

The scalpel moved again. He peeked at Mr Knee and Mrs Thigh, then caught the rim of her underwear. Her panties were...

Oooh, a hat.

Asmodeus lowered the scalpel and hurried over to the basement stairs, picking up Melody's sugegasa hat. He turned it over in his hands, making clicking noises. Click click click. Then he put it, slowly, on his head.

"DESU! DESU! KAWAII! NYA! NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

He whirled around in the hat. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[SUMMARY: Asmodeus hangs Melody in his basement and starts playing with her.]

THE SNAKE AND CAT PUB, TOWN OF INIQUITY...

Seiji stepped in rhythm with his ward, Ozymandius-- or Ozzy, as he had come to call her. She had not said one way or another of whether or not she had appreciated him calling her that. At the very least, he hadn't heard her state her displeasure (or rather, he had not listened for it. If she had said anything, it was cleanly out of mind by now).

His heavy boot set gently on the ground as they walked, a somewhat unsettling thing if anyone had been watching him and actually paying attention. It was as if he was weightless, his imprint on the ground leaving barely any sign of his foot being there. He smiled toothily at those that passed, and raised a brow excitedly as Ozzy led him into a inn.

The front tavern was alive, assaulting the senses with all things awful and exciting. The air was thick with smoke and incense, and sound traveled heavily through the haze, entering the ears with a warm tangibility. The room was dark and lit sparingly, the light bright where it did settle. Seiji immediately decided he liked the place.

Pulling his arm from the inside of his coat, he reached out and took the drink Ozzy had ordered for him. It was a dark-brown liquor with a woody scent, a whiskey of some kind. There was more than a double-shot, even a quad-shot, and Seiji drank from it like a man dying of thirst.

"So remind me, Ozzy," Seiji said with a lull to his voice. He was allowing the liquor to affect his body, just because he wanted it to. His senses were still high and alert, but he allowed himself the clouded luxury. "Just what the hell are we doing way out in the arsehole of nowhere?"

His face expressed the sentiment of his words. His smile twisted around, lop-sided and cruel. There was amusement in his eyes, however. At what, it wasn't clear.

"I know I said I'd follow you and everything, but I'll be damned if I can find rhyme or rhythm to what you're doing."

Seiji stalks around like a badass, drinks some whiskey, and exchanges words with Ozymandius while keeping his eye on the bar like a tiger awaiting prey.

Fel and his Party;; Located in the Northern Wastelands

The switch from foreign to English hardly mattered. Fel could barely keep up with this stranger named Zypher. As scrambled as his mind was, his face maintained a calm, focused expression. He could summarize this fellow's response well enough. He was lost and in search of civilization if there was no way of returning to his homeland. His lips parted to let out a sigh, his breath showing as a fog in the air in front of him as one of his gloved hands scratched at his temple.

"I am sorry that of all places, you've come here to this wasteland. Surely, it isn't nearly as inviting as where you come from," Fel started to say, politely nodding his head to the boy. Although he sensed no threat from him, he didn't let his guard down. "I welcome you to travel with us until we step into a town. There isn't one for miles from here, I'm afraid. Folks can't make a living in a place where there is no warmth or sunshine."

"And what brings you here?" piped up Kestrel. However, her gaze was not set on Zypher. She was looking in a different direction, where a dangerous looking man was standing. It surprised her that someone with such stature could sneak up on them without a sound. Had it not been for the looming shadow of his bulk, they would have remained oblivious.

Collie stood closely behind Fel, King Weavel not too far from her as all eyes went to the mysterious figure. 'Good gravy, what is it this time?' Fel wondered to himself. People were showing up all over the place!

"Do you know him?" Kestrel asked Zypher, turning to him for a moment with her weapon drawn. Perhaps this was a trap. The two of them could be partners in crime. One pretended to be lost, baiting the victims so that his all powerful ally could jump in and kill them.

"Now now, I highly doubt that," Fel said to the lady knight while inwardly rolling his eyes. He didn't want to jump to conclusions or show aggression to stranger number two. He knew better. It wasn't fair to judge someone by appearance. In fact, some of his greatest friends were intimidating on the outside but of the sweetest kind on the inside.

"But yes, who are you? What brings you here?"

Umbra;; Located in the Northern Wastelands

There was a spark in her mind that made her eyes widen to their fullest, making the inky irises seem to expand. The sudden projection of an image reminded her of moments when one would have an epiphany. It was a moment of greatness; it was a magnificent truth. She saw the feline as an idol of some kind, with a beautiful crown upon his head and a unique set of armour. Accompanying this picture was a powerful voice. This was definitely the voice of someone with authority. Umbra was in awe of what she was seeing.

"Karikat. The Emporer of Cat-Kind," she whispered, sounding like nothing more than quiet hisses behind her mask. The calmness soon returned to her eyes as she stared into the beautiful eyes of Karsikat, her hand still petting along his lovely fur coat. Umbra was honoured to be in the presence of someone so important, let alone adorable. "A pleasure to meet you."

Although he could not see it, she was smiling. Even when he brought up the cat-like genes she possessed and the darkness within her, she smiled. This was her new friend. At least, Umbra thought so. He was even interested enough in her to learn more about her. It might not have seemed like a big deal to anyone else, but to a young woman who was lonely for so long, it was.

"I was a cat before this nightmare took over my life. My kind was just known as cat people, or neko-jin. I'm losing touch with who I really am, unfortunately. Otherwise, we would have been able to communicate without English. My tail no longer exists, and the triangles on my head have disappeared. I one day won't even be human anymore..."

The somberness in her voice was growing stronger and her smile had faded away. By now, she was holding the cat to her bosom, hugging him closely. Against him, her pulse was getting faster as the sadness flowed through her. Umbra did not cry, though. She stayed calm and still showed some level of that childish personality that people adored. A warrior wasn't supposed to weep, especially in the presence of others. It would be very embarrassing to fall apart in front of an emperor, anyway!

"I can still purr, though. See?" Chuckling softly, she loosened her embrace around Karsikat and let her neck crane over him, the top of his head tickling against the skin so he could feel the vibrations in her throat. This made her happy. Umbra didn't know she could still purr until just now, when she was enjoying the company and affection of this cat. Every reminder that some of herself, Fluffy, still existed was a precious moment.

[Fel invites Zypher to travel with them until Zypher can find a place to be, or figure out a way to go back home. Fel and his party are still very much alert though, as they notice GMK nearby and ask questions.

Umbra continues to have conversation with Karsikat. They're getting to know each other and Umbra happily discovers there's still a bit of cat-folk left in her.]

He'd been spotted, he cursed himself for letting his abilities go out of practice before straightening up from his hiding place, Nearly three meters of baroque silver and gold armor approached kestrel, crimson cloak billowing behind him. He stopped, letting the tip of kestrel's sword just barely scratch along the blessed ceramite protecting his abdomen. "I heard voices" the vox caster in his helmet projecting his voice to those around him with ease "I've half a mind to ask you the same, Few things come through this place, fewer still if they're living" the shining azure eyes of his helmet fell upon the man who addressed him "My name is Grandmaster Karsikan Banrae, and I would ask the same of you human." He'd already crossed out conflict before they'd spotted him, so he left his sword in it's scabbard.

Elsewhere in the Northern Wastes

images

"Mrow.*" was Karsikat's response as he was gripped tightly, umbra would likely take it for alarm, but he was really issuing an order to one of his retainers waiting unseen. He felt her purr against his head, and it pleased him that she hadn't lost all of her cat self.

"Tell me, what affliction is this, that would take away everything you are?" to hear her talk about her curse disturbed him, not only on a personal level, but as guardian of cat-kind. The implications alone were enough to make the fur of his neck stand on end. he nuzzled her neck in an attempt to comfort her growing sadness. It pained him to see one of his people reduced and suffering as she did.

Miru continued to approach Thomas and Eros with no stealth whatsoever, calling out to them as he did.

"Hey! Hey, you two over there! Hey! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!"

He heard footsteps and noticed Kino wasn't staying back like he had asked her. Well, she was headstrong, to say the least... He slowed his pace as he closed the gap between himself and the opposite party, allowing Kino to catch up easily.

"Whew...That was a little workout..." He smiled while clutching his chest to help control his breathing.

"Hey...You two..." Miru started, taking a quick look back to make sure Kino was behind him. "...So what are you two doing all the way out here, in this field?..."

Summary: Miru and Kino catch up to Thomas and Eros. Miru starts a conversation.

...Danger.

What?

Lots of evil in this place. Not a good place for a child. If you die I won't feel sorry for you.

She awoke when he started screeching what sounded like random words to her ears. Melody woke slowly and painfully. She was aware of a throbbing pain in her head and as she opened her eyes, she wondered why everything was upside down and moving. That was when she realized that it was her who was topsy turvey and not the other way around. And by opening her eyes she saw the types of things in the room with her, like the mannequins, the desk, the human flesh and the crazy psychopath who still wasn't wearing a shred of clothing aside from her hat. Melody frowned at this... He was wearing her hat.

"Guoget hai ngo go mo," she mumbled distantly in her native tongue, which translated into That's my hat.

She looked around with her wide brown eyes, spotting the scapula. A streak of fear appeared across her face and she turned slowly to look at her captor.

"Nee ew sat ngo?"

...Do you want to kill me?

Turning her head mere degrees to the side, Eros was met with the image of a young boy who was clad in attire that was so ridiculously outlandish, she was surprised that the Razbots did not descend upon them as he spoke. He had run up to them, which alarmed her instantly. They were trying to be discreet and here comes this blond child, running to them from across the desolate field... she didn't like it one bit. To add on to it, he was speaking to them in a way that was familiar, as though he knew them. Eros frowned deeply into the swirling brown strands of hair the flicked and moved with the wind like silken snakes.

Without hesitation, Kitti had unholstered the revolver from beneath her clothing and was pointing the gun at the boy. Eros's cold eyes scanned the boy head to toe, looking for a weapon on him but she did not lower the gun, even when she could not see anything that looked dangerous. There were magically inclined folk out there, even if she wasn't one. Brushing her hair away from her face, Eros glowered at the boy for a long second and pulled the hammer back on the gun for the satisfying 'click' that it made.

They were nearing the village now, where she and her father had intended to replenish their supplies and rest a little bit. If this was an ambush right outside their destination, there might be others around. Her eyes flitted across the landscape in search of a place that the others might hide and wondered if they would be bumbling fools like this boy. Her eyes were narrowed when she finally returned her gaze to the boy several seconds later.

"What is your business, here, child?" Eros spat, her tone as chilly as her gaze. The town was not yet in sight, though they were quickly approaching it. There would be no one from town to help either side should it come to a fight but judging by the way the boy was eyeing her gun - something like terror and bewilderment - she wasn't sure that he had intended on being caught. Awfully clumsy if he hadn't though. But what if he was a spy and his demeanor no more than an act?

"Make one more movement and so help me, I will put this bullet through your head without a second thought" Eros warned, edging back away from him and closer to her father.

Zypher simply stood there, staring at his surroundings with wide-eyed excitement like a child. He hardly listened to the questions, of course it turned out he wouldn't much have to answer them as a strange, yet tall armored man came towards them. How Zypher had missed spotting him was behind his comprehension. He just assumed that he was too busy working out the new words he had been magically gifted with.

"Him?" He pointed towards Karsikan when asked if he knew if. "Of course, this is Kariskan Wigglywobb of that thing-place land. He just said so himself, or did he say something else, maybe he isn't Karsikan Wigglywobb but looking for Wigglywobb and maybe a city land of friendly faces, or faces of friends, that would be interesting! A whole city of faces cut from the friends of Wigglywobb, or maybe just masks, lots of masks and hiding and secrets, secrets of the stars! That would be a treat indeed. Although I would certainly like to accompany you to the nearest bit of city, or land, or any sort of place where I can learn of this world, unless this isn't a world, and that would be disconcerting. Maybe this is a dream?" Zypher crossed his arms and frowned, looking down at the snow gathered around his boots, concentrating on collecting his scattered thoughts.

"Shall we get going? I wouldn't want anybody to freeze to death. Or can that happen in this world? Wouldn't it be interesting that you could melt in this world but not freeze. Maybe somebody can do both! That would be a trick to learn I say, especially if they could navigate in the form of a puddle...fascinating fascinating!" Zypher cried out, picking a random direction and starting to march away from the others without any regards as to their responses, hoping they'd stop him if he was heading the wrong way.

The Northern Wastelands - Imperial Staging Zone

This patch of land had been deliberately left inviolate by the Teknikan guerillas, as were other hidden bases across Iwaku. The camp that had been constructed in the Northern Wastes (as Teknikans preferred to call it) was a series of underground tunnels leading to a central hub - a place of respite for the soldiers of the Empire. Each tunnel entrance was built to imitate an old mine shaft or a nondescript cave, with navigation lights, planted in front of the opening, that were lit whenever a Navy craft entered the atmosphere to land.

The mere thought of having a wasteland of ice as a staging ground for assaults made Nic think of depictions of ravaging barbarian hordes from the myths and fiction of Old Earth. Coming to mind were dark, hulking forms menacing with spikes, adorned with the skulls of the fallen, brandishing banners of flayed skin, and wielding terrible blades still dripping with the blood of recent kills. Maybe Iwaku had its equivalents, but Nic's blood had been percolating too much for him to care. He slowly skulked through the hills of snow and the trunks of strong trees, hoping for an animal to eat or an agent of the tyrant Azazel to slaughter. He skulked, his trusty halberd Pax Imperia in hand, and helmet visor closed. His back-mounted power module had been left at camp, as it was a hindrance to his stealthy patrol rotation.

He skulked, as though stalking something, when there was nothing to stalk.

No noise, besides his own. Nada. He continued on, confident that nothing would be out for him soon.

What seemed like a few moments' walk for Nic had actually been hours of fruitless searching for anything that might fall into the Teknikan web. The snow and the cold breeze were playing tricks with him even inside his helmet. There was only static.

...maybe you don't like the stars then you can just leave me, oh but don't go! I need help finding Reykjavik, or maybe a city nearby, that would be nice of you, a nice city, yes."

And then chatter. The chatter of a person lost. His helmet's audio-seeking systems were still succeeding in this less-than-desirable environment - he just needed to know where it was coming from.

"But yes, who are you? What brings you here?"
"My name is Grandmaster Karsikan Banrae, and I would ask the same of you human."

The update was relatively quick. There was not only one soul, but several, seemingly huddled in what Nic would describe as a nice spot for a kill-zone. Each one was easily distinguishable from the other in terms of physique and equipment used - among them a giant of a man clad in baroque armor.

Nic quipped to his helmet's radio and transmitted, "Captain Nic to Ground Command, I've got several hits here near our patrol zone. Requesting course of action. Over."

Silence. Then a static-riddled response: "...Investigate. Use of lethal force authorized if all hits are confirmed hostile. Over."

"Understood. over and out." Nic finished.

Some of the faces he saw in the 'party' were familiar from tele-feeds and intel sources, but he had to see the rest for himself. He laid low, once again, skulking, but this time, he had something to stalk. He skulked slowly and as silently as he could among the snow and the trees, shuffling sideways, with the intent of gradually revealing himself.

Perhaps he could scare them away in like manner as the abominable beasts of legend, or gather them as allies.

Nic spots Zypher, GMK, Fel, Kestrel, and company during a patrol. Roll for initiative, bitches.

Cyanide smiled a bit and tucked his tools back into a pocket. "Well, now that I have affirmed this place is rather dead.... Lets see if I can find my way somewhere of more interest." Looking to the right he affirmed it was empty that way and then he smiled. He looked foreward once more and thought for a moment. I wonder if I can find myway to that one area I heard snippets about when I first arrived... Kings always generate a lot of attentions...

He turned his head to the left now scanning for any bits of life. When he saw none he walked to a nearby door and opened the thing, rusty doorhinges squeeking rather obnoxiously. He cringed and in the cringing something caught his eye. A glint of light off of a bit of armour. The height at which the glint appaered made the things out to be rather large, but he wasn't about to go finding out what it was, so he skittered into the building swiftly.

A little bit of Willpower later~

Within the Tower it seemed dark? Cyanide couldn't tell if this was a result of the lighting or just the general feel of the area. Either way, it was intruiging. Other then the new location Cyanide found itself in, it had also changed its garb and appearance. The heavily padded eskimo would not have fared well here indoors where it wasn't nearly as cold. So it opted for something cooler yet seductive.

Her height was short, only about 5 foot 4 inches tall with long dark auburn curls framed around her face. One especially interesting lock drooped down over her right eye covering it mostly from sight. She looked down at herself. Her bust was perfectly proportioned to her body, perky, and large, but not so much as to proove inhibiting to her movements. The red skin tight dress certainly affirmed this. Her luscious curves perfectly outlined in the soft red fabric. She smiled that flirty smile she had perfected over the years and began walking down the hall. Her 2in heels clicking as she walked towards the large doors at the end. When she reached them she stopped, strightened out any crinkles in her dress and pushed on the door to open it and let herself in whatever room lay beyond.

Summary:[SPOILI]Cyanide, leaves the cold Northern Wastes, and finds itself, in the Nerf Tower dressed for seduction~[/SPOILI]

Fel and his Party;; Located in the Northern Wastelands

Maybe this is a dream?"

Fel smiled briefly, sadness laced with that curve of his lips as he shook his head at the boy. "Sometimes, I wish it were."

Just before Fel could say anything else, Zypher was making his merry way to a random direction. He was not only going the wrong way... He was wandering off alone! That was violating one of the most important rules that Fel made for himself: never journey these wastelands by yourself. As if reading his thoughts, Kestrel rushed after him to tug on the back of his shirt with hopes of stopping him.

"Stop," she hissed, giving the fabric one last pull before letting it go. Right then, another feeling of uneasiness washed over her. Something else was amiss! Defensively, she stood in front of Zypher with her weapon drawn, her stance one of protectiveness and threat. She had a feeling in her gut that told her to look out for danger. Or, perhaps she was going mad? Spending too much time in this post-Insanity land could really mess with your mind.

Meanwhile, Fel was conversing with the armoured figure that called himself Karsikan: "We are on a mission, Grandmaster. I wish to confront Prime Minister Megane, and soon I wish to confront Azazel."

A bad taste was left on his tongue when he said 'Azazel'. At that, he made a grimace. That hardened expression softened in no time, though, as he continued to speak to this new stranger, "Unless you are here to pick a fight, we mean you no harm. Do you need to travel with us as well? Surely, we can find you a place to go that is not... This."

With that last word, the arm that wasn't carrying his sword extended and gestured to all of the snow covering the ground. The stare he made to the Grandmaster was confident. Also, he was trying to imagine what he must look like beneath that helmet. If he looked like anything at all...

Breaking their gaze, his head turned to the direction of Kestrel and Zypher. Already, he could sense what the female was feeling. They were connected in ways that most humans weren't. It was probably because they were essentially the same person. There was another stranger lurking about; one of great power. This wasn't madness, he thought. They really were in danger.

Fel's face regained its stone cold expression as his eyes shifted left and right, trying to find clues to what it was they may need to protect themselves from. Not a single sign, unfortunately.

"Again... We mean no harm," Fel said again, hoping whoever this was would reveal themselves calmly.

Umbra;; Located in the Northern Wastelands

The 'mrow' she heard from the cat made her loosen the grip she had around his body. Perhaps she scared him, or she was hugging too tightly. Beneath her mask, she was making an embarrassed smile. That was her first given sign of affection in a very long time. She'd forgotten she needed to be gentle, especially after all the heavy influence of violence this curse has caused her. Umbra didn't take any medicine recently, or else her strength would be an impressive amount and she could have seriously hurt him. Thankfully, that wasn't the case this time.

"This affliction is nameless. I usually call it a shadow disease, or just a curse. It infected me one evening when I was dying from heavy blood loss when I was in battle. Whoever did this to me needed a host for their...monster, I suppose. When this illness kills me, I will return as a beast that slaughters many. It scares me more than anything else in the world. I don't want to turn into a slayer of the innocent..."

One of Umbra's hands went back to petting the emperor's fur. It helped keep her calm. Moisture was building up in her eyes and as she spoke her last few words, her voice got shaky and somewhat childish in tone. This was a sensitive subject for her. Just imagining her turning into a shadow-like demon was terrifying, especially now that she pictured herself harming this poor feline in the process. The images in her mind were devastating.

"I apologize, I'm not usually this weak. It's difficult for me to talk about this without showing sorrow," she said solemnly, blinking back all of her tears before they could roll down her cheeks.

"Sitting in this snow is making my body numb, however your body does keep me pretty warm. But I think a walk would do me some good. You are welcome to follow me, Emperor Karsikat."

[Kestrel goes to stop Zypher from wandering off while Fel talks with Grandmaster Karsikan. They then sense someone [Nic] is creeping about and Fel makes it known that he doesn't want to cause any trouble, hoping this stranger will step out and state his business.

Umbra shines some light on her situation in life to Karsikat, then suggests they go for a walk to help clear her mind and warm her up.]

Status
Not open for further replies.