Iwaku: Azazel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely want to join, but am toying around with some ideas.
Do they have to be able to fight? (Im thinking something like a crazy janitor...)
What's the time period exactly? and whats the limits on vehicles/weapons....

On the subject of weaponry, I would like to point out that certain technology never really becomes outdated, and it can also depend heavily on what is financially or regionally or skillfully accessible. Take a look at the modern world. Sure, we have nuclear bombs and lasers, but not everyone can get their hands on or use them. Some parts of the world still hunt with rudimentary spears or bows and arrows. People in the army or with money to spare (and the right connections) can get their hands on automatic weapons, but most civilians can't. Only those with licenses or who deal in crime own handguns and rifles. A lot of people still die by knife or axe or other wounds. Just because one group has laser cannons doesn't mean someone with a knife can't effectively kill a person.

How many characters are we allowed?

Two unless you PM Rory or I and a special exception is made.

Not over thinking, a good question. What Fel suggested is probably the best answer. The weapons and such count as Schizo Tech. To quote TV Tropes: " There's generally no rhyme or reason for which technologies are anachronistically present besides the Rule Of Cool. Sometimes these may be leftovers from a lost technological civilization, or perhaps it could be that science developed along a different path than ours, allowing for more advanced technology in one field, while stagnating in others, but most of the time there is no explanation whatsoever for the bizarre mix of medieval and futuristic."

The weapons themselves aren't that important, what is is how people try to deal with certain plot elements at the time. We are dealing with characters that are larger than life, so true realism isn't really that important.

I am going to suggest a tentative region to region sort of concept. I am a little worried about the size and scope but on the same token, it can help prevent clusters around a single concept or characters.

The Kingdom of the East : Jack Shade and Tortsy are currently in the city, Jarakahl and Myrnodyn will start their journeys from one of the villages in this region. Maybe place Konrad Alyxander here as well for the time being.

The Southern Cross : Grandmaster Karsikan Banrae and Rameses Abraxas are on the hunt for Asmodeus since the fugitive has been rumored to be in the region. They were hired by Palonis. We can assume that there will be a rivalry as the plot progresses. I'll suggest that Vay starts out here.

The Western Confederacy- Knives, Ossa, Miru this will be your time to shine. Chopstick's region tends to have less in terms of oversized monsters and the such. Meanwhile Thomas and Eros are on a hunt of their own. Receiving orders from a group that calls itself Luna, they are to hunt down a strange bird-like woman (Harpy).

The Northern Wastelands-Fel and Krestal are on the war path with Colie and King Weavel. They plan on spying on Megane during a party that he is throwing with local nobles in order to muster more support for his weak regime. Meanwhile, Zypher is lost in the near by woods and will either have to join with Fel and his allies or face execution.

Sounds good, Rory.

Anyone who will be starting at the Kingdom of the East wants to plot with Jarakahl a lil? Say, you guys see him in a cage fight/bar brawl and end up talking and etc.

Btw, what is the tone of this rp? Like, serious, or more comedic etc.

Much like the original Iwaku World RP, the tone of the story greatly varied on what part of the plot you were playing. All the big mains were pretty grim/serious while the lower members of the cults (of back in the day... how I miss thee...) were all having fun, unless they were participating in the battle at hand. Even then it varied from cult to cult. Shifters were a fun bunch, while the ISAF and the bread cult were war mongers.

Fel is right on the bill. The overall plot will be dark but with a sense of hope being somewhere in the future.

Ok, so maybe no crazy janitor, I had been hoping to go back to one of the earlier rp's I was in where my character was a tank driver, but I think that might be a bit out of place...
I'll be sure to come up with someone....eventually....
Now to be clear on the technology level here, would we rely on carrier pigeons or cellphones? (I feel like I shouldnt be asking this out of respect :/ )

EDIT: Cate-Emperor of Cat-Kind is here for your cheezburgers.

I'll work with you XC. Toss me a pm.

x.o
The West Kingdom will be so despressing for miss Knives.
Fall.
Plants dying.
Hohum.
xD

Wow! Interesting. I'd like to join this RP, but I am thinking whether I should join as Megane, or as some other character.

For now, I'll put this thread into my subscriptions. ^^

Edited my bio into my first post.

Mine's all done, methinks.

And anyone who wants to plot or anythin', shoot me a PM. :3

I think I am interested, I'm just not sure where to start. ^^;

-Noms on own foot.-
Oh.
If anyone also wants to add to how Knives received her collar, and who might have known her before she went missing and ended up alone, without memory, pm me.~ Please. c:
I want to work with someone if someone feels interested in that background. -Nodnod.-
. . .
-continues nomming.-

Alright, the plot is open.

For right now I will suggest that players say at the top of their posts, where they are located. Since we have a large cast and potentially several plots happening at once, this will help organize things better. If push comes to shove, we can always make more than one IC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.