Iwaku, another user needs your help! (Seriously, please help me)

G

GrunkleLogic

Original poster
bat-signal-gif-2.gif

So just a history on my neighbors;

They are extremely noisy. Like, the walls vibrate, their music is incredibly loud and they are incredibly aggressive. Now I am a very patient man, and I do not call the cops unless my life is in danger, or my family's is (or friends). I handle things with careful meditation, and centreing. I was once a man of serious temper, I went from calm and a snap of a finger I was pissed. I blew up on people, became a monster. That was when I was in my late teens, however, and I have since then managed to stay calm. Even when sane people would lose their damn minds over some of the shite people do.

And I have had plenty of fodder to be irate about with the neighbors. I recently got a new job (light work mind you), and I do not like being late one bit. I normally go to bed at 9 PST PM, and wake at 5:30 so I can shower and get ready for the day's work. Well, my second time on the job, these folks had a giant party with the bass cranked up, shouting and screaming, engines revving, and all that jazz. They had this going until 3 AM. I couldn't get to sleep, no matter what I did. So eventually I ended up staying up and because of the lack of sleep I got sick. I have a very serious heart condition, and I need my rest.

But did I call the police? No. Did I talk to the management? No. I was silent. I said not a word, talked with my mother about the management but I decided talking to them wouldn't be right. They are just kids after all (he's 18, fresh out of high school), and it's summer. They are going to have fun. So I let it go.

Time goes by and he starts to get rude with my mother and I. 'Your house smells'. His house does; he lets the dogs shite everywhere. I called him out, talked to him and he was an asshat about it. So, instead of talking to the management, I burned some sage (both to get rid of the smell he bitched about and to draw out negative energy and spirits).

Time passes, and he's still an asshole about everything but life goes on, you know? Well, today one of the neighbor kids stopped to chat just after my next door nightmare came by with a bunch of kids, I thought it was for a sleep over. The kid's uncle was murdered, and I thought he was going next door to unwind. Because who wouldn't need a day to themself after that? I simply say, 'I hope you have fun over there, you seem like you need it. Tell your family I said that I am sorry, including *insert next door neighbor's name*'. I wish no ill will on anyone, so I included him just in case he knew the uncle (the family is connected somehow to him).

I was walking my mom out of the house for her to go to work (I had no choice but to move in with her, low income) and this nightmare comes at me screaming about how I was talking 'trash' behind his back or something, and that I was complaining to the management about him. I haven't said a bloody word to the management. I didn't even know someone complained about the sprinklers outside his house! He's threatening me and shite, and giving this poor little kid a hard time about everything. He's screaming at the child (this smaller kid is 8 years old, 8!).

So now I have no idea what to do; I am due to move in a few months, but I don't want to leave mom here with these freaks. They've completely ran off their wheels, and I don't trust them not to harass her.

If I go to the management, it just gets worse. I can't call the cops, I'm not in danger of losing my life, nor is my mother. What should I do? These crazy weasels have been harassing us for weeks.​

I wish I could help. But it's the kind of situation that is that gray area where the cops can't do anything. But if you do anything to them, then the cops are on you.

Only thing I could think is get audio recording of them threatening you or your mom. Or a video recording. Provide it to the cops. And even then they might not be able to do anything about it.