I've got a thing in my apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
A prickly little bastard, he's actually my sister's old as shite hedgehog Hubert. She couldn't take him to the place she was moving and I am watching him. He smells, really bad. He has no teeth so he eats wet cat food. He's almost four, so he's really old in hog years. Though he's not nearly as grumpy as he used to be.

My cat however has learned a very valuable lesson; hedgehogs should not be heckled. One too many sniffs and he puffed out (cat is very much alright, just now sulking that new buddy has spikes, I was watching the whole time).

But it feels strange, this little beastie here. I have to get a bigger cage for him. He makes a ton of noise at night, expected though.

Iwaku meet Hubert.

13240073_605704722923202_4919427093854833145_n.jpg

13254206_605704726256535_7425579992062221829_n.jpg

That is an adorable hodgeheg. Is there breeders in America or did she take it in off the street?

There are breeders in America, the animal just is considered 'exotic' by store standards and requires an exotic animal retail license, something along those lines, to be able to sell. Hedgehogs make interesting pets but do require some special care. If you can't find a store that specifically sells food for them, I've found and been told by owners that fresh dug earth worms, mealworms, and wet cat food make excellent dietary replacements for the official stuff.

There are breeders in America, the animal just is considered 'exotic' by store standards and requires an exotic animal retail license, something along those lines, to be able to sell. Hedgehogs make interesting pets but do require some special care. If you can't find a store that specifically sells food for them, I've found and been told by owners that fresh dug earth worms, mealworms, and wet cat food make excellent dietary replacements for the official stuff.
He's got no teeth (they fell out), wet cat food is the only thing he can eat nowdays. Damn does it stink up my apartment; smells like wet cat food everytime I go to bed.

It's a cute thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.