Iuvenes: The Zodiac Cyle (Yuuki_Tatsunohi and JoJo

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eiji? What's wrong?" Yuzuki asked with concern etched on her forehead. She set her shoes down and hopped over the rocks towards him.

Kyuubey still stared at Eiji. His ears twitched once and spoke to Eiji and only to Eiji through a mental channel. I'd advise you not to say what you saw. It's for everyone's own good, yours included. Regretful you had to see it, but it can't be helped anymore.

"Eiji? Are you okay?" Yuzuki waved her hand in front of his face.

The little creature spoke to him, and he narrowed his eyes. He spoke back through the mental channel before turning his attentions back to Yuzuki.

'you'll have to do a lot of explaining yourself, then, if you don't want me to speak up. You're being given a pass for now.'

He stumbled back, seeing Yuzuki's hand in his face, and splashed in the stream, grumbling, and getting up, trying to dry his clothes and rubbing the pain in his butt from hitting the rocks. "Jeez, Yuzuki.", he sighed. "I'm fine, I was just surprised to see Kyuubey is all. I thought we had lost him back there, but, It seems that's not the case. The little fellow really knows how to get around. He managed to get out without a lick of help from any of us."

Very well. I will come to you later tonight. You don't need to tell me where you live; I already know. And with that, Kyuubey closed the connection between him and Eiji

Yuzuki jumped when Eiji fell in the water. "I'm sorry," Yuzuki said, offering her hand to help him up. She smiled at his comment about Kyuubey surviving the certain death, turning to the creature in her arm. "Yeah, he's pretty amazing. This isn't the first time he's gotten nabbed by Specters too. But somehow he's pulled through despite the circumstances each time!" She affectionately nuzzled Kyuubey, who said nothing and accepted the act of affection from the girl.

He took Yuzuki's hand when he got up. "It's fine, my fault for not paying attention.", he replied, as they walked away from the stream. "You say he does this often? Huh. Well, granted he is the thing that lets you do all the stuff you can do, I imagine he can do some pretty crazy stuff as well... I wonder why he doesn't.", he wondered aloud as they left the stream behind. What was he? How could he grant her these powers, yet end up being so useless by himself like this? It really didn't add up. What reason did he have for letting her have powers, and doing nothing himself?

Yuzuki followed Eiji out of the stream and towards her shoes. Not surprisingly, they were still damp and Yuzuki wasn't keen on putting them on her feet. Even her socks were still wet. She knew she had to remove her socks too, but she decided to wait until they had reached a better paved road instead of risking contact with dangerous plants. Maybe by then they'll have dried a little more.

"I don't know why," she said, leading them away from the creak and back towards the main road. "Like I've said, I've never seen him fight, it's always me. Why is that?" she turned towards Kyuubey.

"Only Magi can fight Specters. I do not have that kind of power to fight against them."

"But Eiji has a point: If you're able to grant any wish and survive Specters, it shouldn't be hard for you to fight."

"Unfortunately, all I can do is grant wishes; I can't fight them like you. One reason why I came to you: I grant your wish, so you grant mines—" His ears twitched. He momentarily looked at Eiji; he was certain the boy would wonder what her wish was, but Kyuubey wouldn't tell as that was up to her. Human curiosity was so powerful it was often intrusive. "—and become a Magi to defeat the Specters! I need your help, Yuzuki."

Yuzuki's eyes grew wide. "Oh, Kyuubey. Of course I'll help you. You know I will, especially since you granted my wish."

Eiji followed Yuzuki back out of the stream and talked with her whilst they walked. She seemed to be catching on to what he was getting at, and Kyuubey's answers to her questions were as vague as expected, as if he were hiding something... He didn't exactly trust the strange creature after they left the specter's world, and his actions now were not comforting him any further... he felt incredibly concerned about Yuzuki's safety. Any stories he'd heard about wish granting always came with very negative downfalls for the person who made such a wish... despite Kyuubey's innocuous appearance, there was definitely a sinister air about him, as if he were a genie from a story... He hoped that, whatever her wish was, it was good enough for what might happen in exchange for this wish. He decided to remain silent as Yuzuki and Kyuubey continued their dialogue.

At last they reached the main road. The school in view, most of the lights were off, and the parking lot empty save for a few cars belonging to janitorial staff. There wasn't a single student in sight. They sky was a dark orange, the sun just about to disappear under the horizon.

"Wow, we've been gone for a really long time," said Yuzuki. She glanced at the clock nailed onto the school gates then gasped. "Uh oh, I gotta get going!" She threw on her shoes. She supposed she should have brought her bag with her, but it's too late for that now. Hopefully her parents would be too preoccupied to notice. She turned to Eiji. "I won't be in school tomorrow; me and my mother are going to see my father off to the airport." The widest, happiest grin spread on her face when she said that. "Watch out for Specters and stay safe! You know my number if you're ever in trouble."

With that, she dashed towards her house. She carried Kyuubey all the way, making it home in no time.

"Don't forget to to cleanse your Soul gem," Kyuubey reminded her, jumping onto the fence of her house. "Afterwards, I will take the Grief shard."

"Of course. You're not going to stay? Mama bought cake, and I know you like cake."

Kyuubey shook his head. "I've got a few things to take care of."

"Alright. Have a good night then!" she waved at Kyuubey and went inside her home. Kyuubey stared at the door for a few minutes, then disappeared into the shadows and emerged in another part of town. He waved his tail, looking around, looking for Eiji.

Alright, Eiji Akaishi. Where would you like to meet? he asked through the telepathic link.

Eiji separated from the group after saying his goodbyes, and continued on home. It was getting late, and the sun was leaving the sky. The sky was dark, and he still had a little ways to home.... luckily, he still didn't feel anything watching him, and so he stopped, sitting on a bench in a park that lead to his home. At around that time, Kyuubey contacted him, and he replied. "Just come to me, I will be waiting here for you. You have a lot to answer, so this might take a while...", he sighed, and leaned back on the bench.... now to wait...

From Eiji's response, Kyuubey used that to see where he was. A bench . . . in a park . . . a playground could be seen in the distance in the middle of a large clearing. Kyuubey knew where Eiji was; he had passed by here so many many times he hardly considered the boy might have gone to some other park in the city. Kyuubey had almost expected he would pay a visit to Eiji's house; he was sure he was exhausted, especially after hearing such grim news about his status along with having to encounter a specter two days in a row. But it seems he had decided this inconspicuous park was the dedicated location. Perhaps Eiji is a little more cautious than he thought.

He is much different than her that is for sure.

He approached a shrub, groveling through its shadow. Anybody who could see him would only see the swish of a white tail and then he was gone. Instantly, he reappeared at the park, emerging from the shadow of a tree. Kyuubey bounded over to the park bench where Eiji was, leaping onto the seat next to him.

"'Evening," he greeted casually. "I'm assuming you are curious about what you witnessed today? Again, unfortunate you had to see that, but perhaps it was bound to happen eventually. Well? Ask what is on your mind, and I will answer to the best of my ability."

"Mhm... well, first off, I don't exactly trust you...", he said, crossing his legs. "The idea of some magical talking animal granting a young girl the power to fight monsters in another dimension sounds a bit-too far fetched to be real. Like it's some sort of show.", he said, cynically. "Yet here we are... What are you? You aren't an animal, I know that. Why did you grant her her powers? This couldn't have been all in her favor... you granted her a wish too, and I know that it can't have been from the goodness in your heart... stories like these always end up with there being a price for things like that... Did you just create these monsters as some sort of game for her? What roll do you play with them? And lastly... I saw you, dead. How is it that you escaped that situation? You seem to recall all the events before your death, so it can't be as simple as you being a copy... I bet that body is simply an avatar for you.", he concluded. "At any rate, seeing Yuzuki jump through these hoops is painful for me, because I can't help her in any way... she almost died today, and I would have been unable to stop it. I really wish I could save her if that happened... Are there others like her? If so, why aren't they helping her?"

As Eiji began, Kyuubey couldn't help but think this was the moment when he would chuckle. He had been around humans for so long and learned their many customs. It seemed to be a normal thing to do for their kind. Kyuubey was sure this would be the time for such a behavior. If he was capable of human thought packaged with their cumbersome, unstable emotions. But Kyuubey doesn't chuckle; it is not in him to do so.

He asks a lot of questions, Kyuubey thought as Eiji finished his first round.

"Simply, I am a wish granter and a incubator. I grant wishes to potential Magi when they ask. In turn, they become Magi and fight specters. Yuzuki Hamasaki had a wish, I made it true, and so to return the favor she hunts Specters. A contract in which both parties benefit. I scratch your back, you scratch mines as the saying goes. As for my role with the monsters, no, I did not create them. Rather, you did, from all the negative, poisonous thoughts you hold." It was the truth, basically. Kyuubey decided not to explain any further on Specter creation. Eiji was more suspicious than he had anticipated. "Their shards, however, are useful to me in maintaining entropy.

"As for your question on how I live know this: I am always around. Yes my body died, but I am still here. I am still alive. If I die, then this universe, this world, the very ground under your feet, your own atoms will collapse and cease to exist. As incubator, I have to make sure that does not happen."

"At any rate, seeing Yuzuki jump through these hoops is painful for me, because I can't help her in any way... she almost died today, and I would have been unable to stop it. I really wish I could save her if that happened... Are there others like her? If so, why aren't they helping her?"

"She does have an unlucky streak doesn't she?" he paused for one moment. "Including the last Specter, that makes it three times she's brushed close to death. Shame, really. She's quite powerful and the only Magi for Mitakihara town. She needs to be taught how to fight better or—"his beady pink eyes blinked once, tail swishing excitedly. "You could become a Magi. You said you wish to help her correct? Think carefully as you only get one wish and one wish only."

He listened to Kyuubey talk, and it seemed that he was telling the truth... However, when Kyuubey's tail swished faster and he leaned closer at the mention of a wish, he leered at the little creature. "Hah, I know.", he said. "However, you slipped up. She's the only one. In Mitakihara town. That means there are others elsewhere... though, as you have described the problem, it seems like just one in a town is not enough...", he sighed, folding his arms. "I can't just be another magi, then we would have a problem... Yuzuki could still die, even if I were a magi, then I would be left with the burden.", he muttered. "My goal isn't to defeat specters. I know they're bad, but somehow I can't help but feel you are at fault... My goal is to prevent Yuzuki from marching to her death. I bet you misinformed her before she made her wish, too. Well, if you want another Magi so badly, I'll make the wish, but my wish is to devote my life to prevent magis from meeting their fates like this... Including my own. If you can't promise me the power to do that, then no dice.", he told the little creature, folding his arms. "That includes letting me know where they are and if they exist before their wish, to let me tell them how it really is. If that is not possible, then I will make no wish."

"However, you slipped up. She's the only one. In Mitakihara town. That means there are others elsewhere . . . though, as you have described the problem, it seems like just one in a town is not enough . . . ."

"As in?" Kyuubey asked when Eiji said there would still be problems even if he made a wish. It didn't seem so to Kyuubey. In fact, it was a better idea: two Magi to take care of the job, and there would still be one around in case the other were to fall. Specters would still exist and hardly take a break if a Magi died.

"Prevent Magi from dying? Such a wish is . . ." He then hurriedly added in, "oh no, I can make it come true. No wish, no matter how big or small, is impossible for me. It's just your wish—" his ears grew larger, fuller, reaching towards the boy and stopping inches from his heart. "Your wish could transcend you into god hood."

When Eiji removed his arms, Kyuubey plunged his appendages into his heart, grasping for the soul residing in his body. He found it, morphing it in such a way that it can sustain its form outside of Eiji's body. Then in one swift motion, he wrenched the soul out of Eiji. He held on to the soul for a few more minutes, feeling the metal ridges that would contain the soul gem form. Finally, he lowered his large appendages till they were level with Eiji, opening them to reveal his newly formed soul gem.

"Congratulations, you are now a Magi. From here, all you have to do is find Specters and kill them." Kyuubey paused for a moment and then added, "You seem to be smart. Perhaps you have noticed this or not, but just in case: The Zodiacs are gathering, Eiji Akaishi. The Serpent Bearer is coming."

The experience of the creature reaching inside him was a strange one to say the least... What was this about being a god? He didn't understand it. He'd simply asked for the power to prevent prospective magi from wishing, and future ones from dying. However, he didn't have much time to think about that as he felt a strange feeling throughout his entire body. As if he was pulled out of it. He couldn't quite describe the feeling... he couldn't feel anything for a moment, but then, he was right back. He felt the bench under him, and the cool night air on his skin. Then Kyuubey spoke. He was a magi now, huh? That fast? But the next part was intriguing. "Zodiac? I see... I'd noticed a sort of theme with the Specters we've been facing, but I couldn't place a finger on where I've felt this pattern before. I'll keep that in mind...", he nodded, and rose from the bench. "I think that's all for now.", he told the creature, dismissing him before he walked the rest of the way home.

Eiji seemed to take his new status well. Kyuubey watched him go, tail waving slightly. He said nothing. He supposed he should follow him, see if anything comes up and how well he holds. As he prepared to leave, one thought crossed his mind: This should be interesting.

Moments later, the Specter rustled, sensing the approach of Eiji. His earlier worries could still be sensed by the Specter, marking him as a target. An animal then appeared in front of Eiji, resembling that of a gazelle. It was distorted with an almost wrinkled appearance, as if looking at it through a very poor TV screen. The animal had many, many colors, chunky shapes forming its body and a large spiral of criss crossing lines formed the antlers. The gazelle stared at Eiji for a long time, and then suddenly ran, disappearing through the wall of a large building undergoing construction as a muffled scream could be heard.

Last edited:
As Eiji began to make his way home after the meeting he had with Kyuubey, he was stopped suddenly by... A specter? It appeared rather suddenly, an animal unlike any that could possibly exist, but, resembling a gazelle.... and just as quickly as it appeared, it ran off, going through through a wall... "Definitely a specter...", he muttered to himself. So soon? Well, at least he'd be able to test the power he'd just gained. He focused on the gem hanging from his neck, and almost immediately he felt a change come over him. His clothes had changed, he felt stronger, and faster... so this was a Magi's power? He didn't have time to fully study it all, he had to stop this thing. So, he ran in the same direction the Gazelle specter had, hoping that the wall was like the stream or the baseball shed door. Otherwise, he'd just be slamming his face into a wall.

The specter, hidden deep within his labyrinth, curled his lips as he sensed the boy approach. There seemed to be a higher energy output in this boy than normal. The specter believed this to be because he was getting closer to his domain. The leader would be pleased a large amount of energy had been obtained for his grand plan. Runes flashed on the wall, welcoming Eiji into its domain.

The labyrinth contrasted with the outside world. An orange sky with bright orange sun looked over a large clearing. Brown grass billowed in the hot wind, thin distorted trees scattered throughout. The leaves of the tree were oddly shaped, forming a curly symbol with a head. The irregular beat of the drum could be heard along with what sounded like cheers.

The gazelle appeared again except this time it was joined by five more. They bounded across the field, leaping at impossible heights with their colors forming a crumpled, rainbow-like streak. They were headed towards a large rock formation where the drums and cheering seemed to be coming from. The ground shook. An elephant three times normal size and covered in colors as if someone threw paint cans at it stomped in the same direction of the gazelles, trumpeting once and barreling forward, tusks out and ready.

Eiji stepped out from the darkness of the night, into an almost blinding afternoon light... everything was shades of orange, and really hot... He covered his eyes for a moment, before letting them adjust. The only thing that came to his mind at the moment was... the Sahara... he'd never been there personally, but he imagined that this would be what it was like... hot, tall, brown grass... the trees and sky were strange, but it was similar enough to draw a comparison... He looked around for the Gazelle like specter, and there was not one, but six... What was going on here? Which one was the true specter?

He couldn't wait to get run over, he had to make a decision soon... the Gazelles and Elephant were bounding his way... he could almost feel the ground shaking with the force of their movements... He had to make a decision, use his new powers in some way... But as the animals came closer, the panic in him intensified. What powers did he have? What could he do? He needed a weapon... no, a way to get away from them. He focused on one thought. Yuzuki had made those circles in the air to make fireballs, right? He swiped his hand in front of him, and one of those circles appeared... he had no choice but to step through or get trampled.

He stepped through, the ring disappearing behind him, and he dropped behind the line of rampaging beasts. He needed a weapon now, something to fight with, or at least stop them.... He produced another ring, and reached into it, pulling out a bat. A bat?! It was too small to affect such large creatures... but when he willed it, it grew. To him, it was light as a feather... although, it was hard to hold due to the size... He gave it a swing when the specters stampeded his way again, and the creatures went sailing on the impact, almost like baseballs...

The familiars soared across the sky, tumbling and twirling until they slammed near a very large rock formation. The formation was covered in multitudes of patterns and decorated with the same symbol as the leaves of the trees. If one looked past the patterns, they would also see the rocks looked similar to a structure from a certain Disney movie.

From the shadows of a cave within the formation emerged a tall, muscular figure. He was carrying a large green colored animal—an African buffalo—on his shoulders. The neck of the buffalo was twisted at an impossible angle with its side gorged of its flesh and dripping purple blood. The figure threw the buffalo next to the fallen animals, beating his chest as other animals around him cheered. He roared, shaking the entire labyrinth, causing the grass and trees to make a pathway straight to him.

Leo got down onto all fours and leaped off the rock formation. He licked his bloodstained lips once and beckoned Eiji toward him in a taunting manner.

In the distance, he saw the animals hit the rocks, and what seemed to be the true specter of this labyrinth showed it's face. A lion? So this would be... "Leo...", he uttered to himself, as if to commit it to memory. The lion bore an imposing visage, but he wasn't going to let that deter him. "A godly power?", he recalled Kyuubey's words. What were his limits? Could he summon anything he imagined? It was time to put that to the test. He'd rush the lion here and now. The imposing beast would stand no chance against his might.

He leapt back, and snapped his fingers, summoning a ring behind him, from which a roaring machine blazed through. He landed on the seat of the monstrous metal contraption. A motorcycle, rough looking, long, and low riding. Like a dream vehicle for a delinquent. The motorcycle propelled it'self, and he ran his hand down the length of his bat, a magical ring encircling the wood, turning it into another weapon entirely. A steel lance, as long as the motorcycle itself, with a tip so sharp, it'd pierce stone with ease.

"Look who's roaring now!?", he yelled at the specter, and revved up his machine as it tore up the specter's home turf, shooting fire from it's pipes and spewing smoke behind it, the front panel of the bike was a dragon, angry and imposing, with it's hands clutching the front wheel. He blazed through the field, and braced for impact, raising the lance in front of him. There was no way this specter would escape his charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.