Iuvenes Magi Magicae (Still looking for players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Chilly birb
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
Online Availability
Anytime after 5pm, my time, most days.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Futanari
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Medieval, Fantasy, Mechs, Magical Girls, Romance, Action, Fandoms, basically anything fantastic.
This is an rp inspired by Puella Magi Madoka Magica. You don't have to have seen the anime or manga to play.​

You, a young boy or girl have lived most of your life in peace in Mitakihara town. Strange things happen sometimes... unexplained mass suicides, murders, and even accidents that seem impossible to happen. Nobody knows why these things happen, but life carries on, and not much is thought of it. You, however, have a chance to find out. Be it fate, or an accident, you have been pulled into the life of a magical girl, and must live as one. Living as a magical girl is hard, and lonely, but, it can't be backed out of now. You made your wish, and this is the price.

What did you wish for?

--Vital Information--

Vital information may change with time. Things that fall into this category are new things learned about being a magical girl, and other information pertaining to the characters of the rp.

Gems/Magi:
Gems are carried by magi, and provide them with their magical powers. When they run low on energy, they must me restored with grief shard magic. Magi are people who accept Kyuubey's contract and gain the power and responsibility to hunt down specters in exchange for their wish.

Grief Shards/Specters/Dungeons:
Grief shards are leftovers of specters, which are monsters made of condensed negative human feelings, and despair. Specters do not exist in the real world, and can only be seen by a Magi. Specters also own invisible dimensions called Dungeons, where a magi must travel to defeat a Specter. A specter may have it's own monsters in the dungeon, and traps to attack the Magi with. If a magi dies in a dungeon, they will likely never be seen again.

--Rules--
My word, or the Co-Gm's is law. Simple.
2. We aren't in a section for sexual content, besides the fact that a few of us are of differing ages. Please follow the site rules pertaining to such content.
3. There will be swearing. But if you swear like a sailor, I'm probably not going to be very happy with you. Gore will also be a thing. Heads getting chopped off, limbs getting cut up, etcetera. But everything in moderation.
4. Be respectful to the other players, or at least leave the thread with any arguments you have. I'd like the OOC to be a place where we can discuss the RP, and chill out.
5. No God-Modding, Auto-Hitting, etc. Unless it's specifically for plot purposes, I'll refrain from doing the same to you.
6. I am the one to decide the amount of power your characters have. If two Magi fight, depending on their powers, and, amount of power/ leftover grief shards to charge with, I'll determine who has the advantage.
7. If you die, you die. If you wish to remain in the rp, please make another character.
8. Only 7 magi (max) will be in play at any time.
9. the rule to posting is that two others must post before you may, as to not clutter up the IC with back and forth posts. If you must have a conversation or something that would take up multiple post's space, I'd suggest taking it to a pm and formulating a single post from you both to post into the IC

--Sheet--
Name:
(between 14-18, please.)

(I'd like you to also write out, or show your magical uniform as well.)
Weapon(s):
(this is part of determining your powers)
Wish:
Power:

(Do not fill this out. I will hand out your powers based on your wish, outfit, and weapons. If you would like to discuss the powers you were given after you get them, feel free to do so. You might sway me into giving or taking something.)

--Characters--

Karou - Ayla
Kaoru Itosu - Saito Hajime
Yuzuki Hamasaki - Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Eiji Akaishi - Mako

Three slots open

Last edited:
I can't post information since I'm on my phone but I will for sure when I get home!

Name:
Karou

(between 14-18, please.)
Appearance:

(
haotone-tsubasa-anime-girl-blue-hair-game-cute_258559.jpg
I'd like you to also write out, or show your magical uniform as well.)
07_revy1_1049.png

Weapon(s):
(this is part of determining your powers)
(above)
Wish:
Karou wished for the ability to read minds.
Power:

(Do not fill this out. I will hand out your powers based on your wish, outfit, and weapons. If you would like to discuss the powers you were given after you get them, feel free to do so. You might sway me into giving or taking something.)

I hope thats okay!

Last edited:
Magical Girl.png
(Ignore my drawing skills please. :D)
|Name|

Amelia Bell
|Age|
|Gender|
Female
|Appearance|
In regular clothing, she keeps her hair the same way, but without the hat. She usually wears her school uniform around unless she didn't have school that day. Her magical girl outfit is very simple due to the fact she has to run around more than usual because of her weapon.
|Weapon(s)|
A sniper rifle that can shoot three bullets before having to respawn a new gun.
|Wish|
I wish I had my memory back.
|Power|
Gun rotation: Choose any 4 guns, and, when one gun is used up, the next one must be used. She can also summon multiple of whichever gun is in your rotation however she'd like. She can fly, and produce blinding light (that does not affect you) the guns may also change in size as well. She can throw magical bombs, and can see through barriers, illusions, and, even behind and around her normal range of view.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming the lack of a personality or history section was intentional?

Name: Kaoru Itosu
Appearance:
Appearance and Outfit
Weapon(s):
A pair of Tiger Claws.
Wish: "To make a difference in the world."
Power:
Enhanced speed, strength, and durability (She is less likely to be knocked back by attacks, and may stand her ground, taking less damage than other magical girls would). The claw size can be controlled however you like, and you may produce multiple (magical/non-attatched) hands with claws to attack. The hands may be manipulated a distance away from the body, and can hold, push, grab, and slash things. They are quite large compared to her normal body, about the size of her head. The hand size can be changed as well. Chains may also be produced to grapple and restrain things, or for use in attacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Yuzuki Hamasaki
Appearance:
magical_girl_adopts__closed__by_xangelfeatherx-d6h3d48.png

Yuzuki usually wears her school uniform or regular clothing. Her hair changes often, but in her magical girl form it goes up in the braid you see here. Her magical girl outfit consists of a blue, gold and black dress, a witch's had, black and gold stockings, and blue calf boots. Stars adorn her outfit
Weapon(s):
MagicStaff.png
Wish:
"I wish Papa were here so we can watch the meteor shower together."
Power:
Teleportation, binding, and summoning (through runes). Flight, and illusion production.
Rune circles: She can produce magical runes of various sizes, and launch meteors/shooting star volleys from them to attack with. Miniature suns can be produced to produce light, or burn things away. She may also travel through the circles as if they were a portal, and come back out in a location she has placed another rune. Targets can be restrained through binding them with the circles.
Color ref:
#1034a6​

Last edited:
All girls can telepathically speak with each other and transform into magical girls.

Ayla: Karou's powers include:
Summoning multiple scythes (however you wish), enhanced speed and, long range magic (in whatever form you'd like), paralyzation (limited to small areas, or, short times), and changing the size of the scythes. Karou can read what her ooponent's surface thoughts are (this does not include memories and telepathic communications to other girls.) She can produce barriers to jump off of and step on, block with, or launch to cut things with.

RareSecret: Ameliea's powers include:
Gun rotation: Choose any 4 guns, and, when one gun is used up, the next one must be used. You may also summon multiple of whichever gun is in your rotation however you'd like. You can fly, and produce blinding light (that does not affect you) the guns may also change in size as well. She can throw magical bombs, and can see through barriers, illusions, and, even behind and around her normal range of view.

Edgey: Kaoru's powers include:
Enhanced speed, strength, and durability (She is less likely to be knocked back by attacks, and may stand her ground, taking less damage than other magical girls would). The claw size can be controlled however you like, and you may produce multiple (magical/non-attatched) hands with claws to attack. The hands may be manipulated a distance away from the body, and can hold, push, grab, and slash things. They are quite large compared to her normal body, about the size of her head. The hand size can be changed as well. Chains may also be produced to grapple and restrain things, or for use in attacking.

Yuuki_Tatsunohi: Yuzuki's powers include:
Teleportation, binding, and summoning (through runes). Flight, and illusion production.

Rune circles: She can produce magical runes of various sizes, and launch meteors/shooting star volleys from them to attack with. Miniature suns can be produced to produce light, or burn things away. She may also travel through the circles as if they were a portal, and come back out in a location she has placed another rune. Targets can be restrained through binding them with the circles.

Please ask any questions you need to about the powers, and feel free to suggest things to me. I built your power set on your weapons, wishes, and, outfit design. Some girls were harder to produce powers for than others.

Wow my powers are so perfect! I love them ahh I can't wait to start!
Is there already a topic for it or not yet?

Sorry for the absence. I wasn't at home this weekend, so replies were sparse.

Anyway, Edgey, it was intentional. History and personality may be revealed through the roleplay. At any rate, I'll begin writing up an IC for this, and you all could being posting by the end of tomorrow.

Name:
Eiji Akaishi
Appearance:
Wingul.Tales.of.Xillia.full_zpsvvraoghq.jpg

Weapon(s):
Swords, Rune Circles
Wish:
Unknown
Power:

Enhanced speed, strength, and sight. Teleportation (or is it another power?), summoning of various things from his circles, including conventional weapons, swords, chains, and fireballs. Specifically the swords and chains may be summoned in high quantities, the chains being staked by swords to bind things, or connect multiple blades. The runes may also be used as shields to deflect attacks. He may also use runes that can negate magic, if someone is bound in one.

Sorry for not having an IC up today. I've been rather busy with a research paper. I'm pleased to say it's finished, so I may post our IC sometime tomorrow so we may all get started.

Your character is badass! Cant wait for the IC!

Oh hai Wingul.
Ah, you know the character from something? I don't often see that. What is he from?

at any rate, the thread is up.

I'd like to say before you all post that you aren't magi in the rp just yet. And, conveniently, you all share the same first class. That's all for now.

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
The video game Tales of Xillia.

If only you had lightning as one of his powers, you could perform his mystic arte. (He speaks gibberish and has white hair in that video for plot reason, fyi)

The video game Tales of Xillia.

If only you had lightning as one of his powers, you could perform his mystic arte. (He speaks gibberish and has white hair in that video for plot reason, fyi)
Whoa, that's pretty cool! ^v^ I once had a friend that played the tales games, but I've never played one myself.

You should play them, it's a great series.

Anyway, posted. I hope I didn't misinterpret Eiji's status as a loner?

You should play them, it's a great series.

Anyway, posted. I hope I didn't misinterpret Eiji's status as a loner?
Eiji is sort of a loner now, but was not before. When he was a normal person, he had quite a few friends, and participated in sports, among other things. But having lived for a while as a Magi has worn on him, and he sees no point in making friends with normal people. So, yes, it would be accurate to portray him as such if you didn't know him. Later, when the characters are Magi, they could understand him, possibly, or, at least have him open up more to them.

This is a gentle reminder to @Yuuki_Tatsunohi , and @RareSecret , that all of us have posted but you two. Please do so, so that you won't have to do much catching up. I'm not setting a deadline or anything at the moment, because I have faith you'll get posts in in adequate time. Please inform me if you are going to be held up for more days.

To the others that have posted, the rule to posting is that two others must post before you may, as to not clutter up the IC with back and forth posts. If you must have a conversation or something that would take up multiple post's space, I'd suggest taking it to a pm and formulating a single post from you both to post into the IC ^v^

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now! Best wishes, and I'll be back to regular posting tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed.

This is a gentle reminder to @Yuuki_Tatsunohi , and @RareSecret , that all of us have posted but you two. Please do so, so that you won't have to do much catching up. I'm not setting a deadline or anything at the moment, because I have faith you'll get posts in in adequate time. Please inform me if you are going to be held up for more days.

To the others that have posted, the rule to posting is that two others must post before you may, as to not clutter up the IC with back and forth posts. If you must have a conversation or something that would take up multiple post's space, I'd suggest taking it to a pm and formulating a single post from you both to post into the IC ^v^

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now! Best wishes, and I'll be back to regular posting tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed.
So sorry I haven't posted yet! It's just been a busy few days for me but i will be thinking up my intro post. Hopefully I'll get it up by Saturday.

Again deepest apologies!

Scratch what I last said, it's gonna little bit longer, until next week. But after that I'll post my into, then i'll have more regular postings. Terribly sorry about this. real life took over at the worst time right now

Status
Not open for further replies.