It's Your Turn (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nice to meet you too," Andrea replied, "And of course I would have!" he added, fighting off an imaginary opponent. "Wait, so what? Why should something like that affect you?" he asked, shaking his head. "Anyways, the reason he was following me was because I was way up there," he told Will, pointing up to the top of the building. "I don't get why I'm not allowed up there. Hey, do you know what time it is? I need to get to my cousin's home and hope she won't kill me for breaking the board," he murmured, rubbing the back of his neck.​

Will smiles a bit and rubs the back of his head at his first question "why would it affect me?..well..call it a guilty conscience I know times are hard and there isn't much call for one but..i won't abandon my morals no matter what may happen..even if the entire world would turn its back on me I wouldn't turn my back on the world" He chuckles a bit and shakes his head "yeah..I know it's kinda stupid but that's how I am..anyways as for the time..." He looks up at the sky and rubs the back of his head "..if I had to take a guess...I'd say somewhere around two in the afternoon." He looks at him again "you need to get to your cousins house huh?. I understand if you don't agree but it may be safer if the two of us go together that way your not alone in case any other guards are nearby. not that you can't handle yourself I'm just saying there's safety in numbers you know.

"Strange, strange person," Andrea mumbled, shaking his head. "You would eventually get yourself killed that way. And yeah, my cousin's house." He pulled a face, "Unfortunately." He then paused to think. "Yeah, sure. I see no harm in you accompanying me. Besides, she might not ask questions that way. Okay, this way," he murmured, starting towards the edge of the city. "She basically lives on the edge, it's the best view ever. Just try not to fall off the edge, she'll go off her brain. She basically goes off her brain about everything."​

Will shrugs a bit and hurries after Andy "yeah..I probably will get myself killed one day but the way I see it..I'll have died as myself rather then letting the world decide who I should be for me." He looks down and sighs a bit "and if she's your family she's got to be worried about you so it's no surprise she goes nuts if your not around when your supposed to be..its hard to know who's alive and who's dead these days unless you see them with your own eyes." He looks back up and stares straight ahead "You might not care but..I just need to tell someone this..I found a dead boy just before you ran into me..kid probably couldn't have been any older then eight..starved to death it looked like..I know I shouldn't get too worked up about it because people are dying every day..but still...its sad to think his life ended before it could even begin"

"I guess you have a point there. No reason to die a fake," Andy whispered, glancing down the streets. Tuning in to what the other person was saying, he frowned. "I supposed, and at least she's not as bad as my Mother. Especially when the guards have to drag me home." Andrea chuckled, glancing over at Will and listening. "Hmmm, what a shame. Unfortunately that's how the world is today. In my opinion, it's better he died so young, rather than live through a horrible life filled with hunger and danger. This town really isn't a good place for someone so young anyway."​

She can feel every step, every breath it took, and even every beat of its pounding heart. What is this? She asked. What is this warmth I am feeling? It's something that I haven't felt for a very long time. She could feel arms around her, carrying her as if protecting her from the harsh and cruel world. Who is this? Mom? Dad? Who are you? She asked

Anastasia slowly fluttered her eyes open, warmth surrounding her petite body. Instead of a hard tree trunk, she felt something soft against her back. Quickly sitting up, she realized that she's already in her room, lying on her bed. Her crystal blue eyes scanned the room, panicking, and looking for the boy that should be sleeping. She finally let out a small sigh of relief seeing Nicholas sitting on her chair, peeling apples and unaware that she's awake.

She watched him in amusement, his eyebrows furrowed from concentration, trying to peel the apple but failed miserably, bits and pieces of skin are still intact the apple. She let out a giggle, gaining his attention
"You shouldn't be so rough when peeling apples." she instructed, removing the blanket around her body and made her way to the boy. "Here" she said, crouching in front of him and taking the apple and the knife from his hands "You should be gentle and delicate, see?" she stated peeling the apple, her soft delicate fingers gingerly holding the fruit, twisting it around as she peeled it gently, separating the red crisp skin to its white flesh. After the fruit is peeled, she proudly showed him the perfectly peeled and sliced apple, offering it to him.

She then sat on the floor facing him and eating an apple slice, savoring the sweet intoxicating taste when she suddenly remembered something.
"Hmm...I don't remember sleeping on the bed. I was sleeping peacefully on the tree while you were asleep. How did I get into the bed? unless..." she trailed off looking at Nicholas, and gave him her brightest smile. Realizing what he did for her. "Thank you for carrying me to bed. Although, is your wound okay?" she asked worriedly, concern etched on her face "You shouldn't have carried me inside if your wound is not yet completely healed. I can take care of myself, you know..." she stated standing up and grabbing the medical supplies in the bathroom "But still, thank you for your effort." she said smiling again and handing him the bandages. "Do you want me to change your bandage or you can do it yourself?" she asked politely, her bright smile never leaving her face.

Last edited:
Will smiles a bit at the mention of the his mother. He thought to himself. "he's lucky he still has a mother...or a family for that matter..most people don't have one anymore..including myself.." He shook his head. He didn't want to dwell on things that would only make him upset and then cause him to snap at him. "yeah well..it's just because they worry about you. I'm sure if things were reversed you'd be worried about them as well." When he mentioned his opinions on the young boy that died Will couldn't help but slightly frown at his words. He was entitled to his opinion and he made some good points however he didn't agree that it was a good thing that he had died young. ".I'll just say your entitled to your opinion and that's all I'll say on the matter."

Andrea nodded slightly, glancing over at Will. "I understand. Many people don't agree with me. But I can tell you one thing, this place will get better. And then people won't have to worry about children dying so soon. It will be a happy place. Perhaps not now, but it will be. I'm certain of it," he whispered softly. The city seemed to have ears now-a-days and this was something he'd rather the government didn't hear. "Hurry, now. We're almost there. See that?" he pointed to the small building that looked as if it was about to fall off of the edge. "She lives in there."​

Will sighs and nods "I do agree with that statement though..I do believe and hope that things will get better some day..and who knows maybe what we do today will enforce a change to make things better" He looks at Andy again and then looks at the house he pointed out. "It looks like a nice place from here anyway.." He takes his hands out of his pockets and stretches and yawns "so..what does your cousin do?"

"Well, you know.... Yeah, that's a good question. She's never told me what she does. She won't even let me watch when she's working," Andrea replied, stretching a bit and yawning. "I can't help but believe she does something illegal in her little room." The boy shrugged, smiling at William. "But who am I to pry? She has a life and I have mine. Sort of... I really need to find a job."​

Will chuckles a bit and shakes his head a bit "well...your right about the not needing to pry thing. Let her live her life the way she wants to and you live yours the way you want to." When the boy mentioned a job he rubbed the back of his head. The last he had heard jobs were getting harder and harder to find and slowly more people were being pushed towards joining the guards. If they weren't already being forced to do so "um..yeah finding a job..good luck with that one Andy"

Andrea shook his head and walked up tot he front door. "Yeah, thanks. I think I'll need it." He then spent a good few minutes searching around the door frame for a key. Huffing, he changed to the potted plants by the windowsill. "Why does she keep changing it?" he muttered under his breath, tapping under the lip itself. Smiling, he finally pulled out the key. "Wonderful. Oh, uh, would you like to come in. I'm sure my cousin wouldn't mind. We just have to stay out of her work room."​

Will pauses and then nods a bit "um..sure if your sure your cousin won't mind I'll come in for a bit. I don't really have any where else to go or anything else to do" He rubs the back of his head. Man that last statement made him sound like a loser. He shook his head and then smiled a bit "and she probably keeps changing it to avoid anyone else coming by and finding it and then breaking in or something"

"Right, right, you have a point," Andrea murmured, stepping inside and starting towards the kitchen. "Remember to close and lock the door," he called over his shoulder, walking to the fridge. Flinging open the door, the boy let out a low groan. No food," he muttered, shutting the door. "Why am I not surprised?"​

He nods a bit and steps inside behind Andrea and shut and locked the door behind him. He yawns a bit and then stretches and cracks his neck before he would turn to slowly look around the place. "well..it looks like your cousin keeps the place nice and tidy..." He looks over towards the kitchen as the boy yelled about there not being any food. He smiles a bit and shrugs. Hardly anyone had food he didn't see why he was so upset about his cousin didn't have any food.

Smiling, Andrea dropped onto the nearest chair. "Not normally," he murmured, crossing his leg underneath him. He then fell quiet for a while, staring out of the window. "Gee, wonder when she'll get back," he murmured softly.

Will sits down in the chair across from him and rolls his shoulders a bit. He then looks at him and gives him a small smile "I'm sure she'll be back soon besides if she's related to you I'm sure she can hold her own against any one who tries to fuck with her"

Andrea nodded slightly. "Yeah, I hope," he muttered, shaking his head. "So, uh..." he trailed off, unsure what to talk about. "Yeah... Stuff... And... Other stuff, blah blah blah. Do you want a drink?" He wasn't very good with conversation and it wasn't like he had many friends.

Will shrugs a bit and rubs the back of his head. He was a little clueless as to what to talk about as well. He hardly knew the guy and yet they were trying to sit around and talk like they had known each other for years. It certainly was difficult. When asked if he wanted a drink he merely rose an eyebrow "I thought you said there wasn't anything in the fridge." He then thought about it for a second "well...actually you only said there wasn't any food in there that doesn't mean there wasn't anything to drink in there. so sure I'll have a drink"

((Sorry! I got no alerts >.<))

Nicholas was concentrating on trying to peel the apple, small parts of the skin falling off here and there. It was a lot harder than it looked like when Anastasia had been peeling several apples for him, and now he was struggling with just this one! His brown eyes were too focused on the apple to notice that Anastasia had woken up, still looking at the apple before he suddenly heard the soothing melody of a giggle enter the silence of the room, and looked up to see that she was indeed awake. "Well I've never done this before..." Nicholas said as he gave her a quick glance, but concentrated right back on the apple in an attempt to peel it again. He was going to peel it... somehow, someway. Anastasia was kind enough to take the apple and knife away from him, beginning to peel the apple instead and showing him how he should do it.

"Those two words are the opposite of what I do though," Nicholas chortled as he watched with great interest what she was doing, trying his best to see what she was doing right and mimicked her hand motions with his own. It looked rather silly, but he was just trying to be as elegant and delicate as Anastasia. The only times where Nicholas would use a knife would be in self defense. There were no elegant movements while killing someone. The apple was easily peeled and he was given a slice of said apple. He pouted a little bit at how quick she had peeled it, but decided to not think about it and happily ate the apple slice instead. He just needed some practice, that was all.

He looked up at her as she seemed to be thinking out loud, and then nodded to her thanks. "It's fine. Been through worse," Nicholas simply said as it had hurt a bit to carry her, but it wasn't that bad either. It would be worse to walk around with it. "It's not healed yet, but it helped a lot that you patched it up," Nicholas thanked her back, smiling to her worried face. In all honesty he had definitely been through worse, though it did feel a bit nice to have someone concerned for him. It had been far too long since he met someone that felt that he would be missed if he died. Another reason to survive this world, and hopefully get to see peace spread across the land once more. He laughed a bit when she mentioned she could take care of herself, not to mock her, but because of how she said it. It sounded like a child that insisted she was older.

"I don't doubt it, but you can't take care of yourself if you're sleeping. People attack anyone and everyone these days. Children, women... none are spared from the cruelty of humanity," He sighed and reached out a hand to playfully ruffle through her blue strands. Who knew that Nicholas would actually miss talking with people? Did he trust her? Maybe, but he knew to take it slow. Allies were gained, not just taken. "Can you do it? It's a bit hard for me to see my side," Nicholas stated as he could not easily look to his side without turning around, and since turning around would hurt or re-open the wound, that would just make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.