It's not so bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zach walked back to his room with a plate of food to see if Hian was up yet. Leaving on his doorway he saw the other boy curled up but awake.
"Hey sleeping beauty, foods ready." Zach nodded towards the kitchen where the smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon began to permeate this side of the house. Zach forked in a mouthful of food and waved Hian to follow.

Hian got up slowly, still being a bit sleepily and stumbled to the kitchen together with Zach. "God, it smells amazing" He smiled at Zach and then looked at the food. When was the last time he even had a good breakfast? Gosh, he was getting really hungry, and that only from the smell

"Help yourself there's more than enough." Zach shrugged and took a seat at the island as he ate his pancakes and eggs. "Usually we'd eat with the family but they're pretty busy right now." Zach spoke like he expecte Hian to live here, which he kind of did, at least until the guy had a place to go that wasn't a hotel or his fathers house.

Hian ate his food quietly, thinking deeply. When he had finished he stood up. "Zach, you've been really nice, but I should go" He really didn't want Zach to force him to stay here, he felt like he didn't belong in this big house with his wealthy family. "Thank you for everything." He turned to go to the bedroom to receive his clothes

Zach frowned and followed Hian like a lost puppy. "Yeah and where are you gonna go?" Zach stood in the doorway with his arms crossed. He wouldn't force Hian to stay but he wasn't going to just let him walk out either.

"I don't know where I'm gonna go, but I am not your problem Zach." Hian said, blushing. He was probably going to stay under a bridge. Or might even go home, it could be that his dad had had so much booze that he didn't care about Hian anymore. That had happened before. He could risk on that. He looked at Zach "You seem to have a good life, I don't want to be a bother"

"If you were a problem, do you really think I would let you stay here? Don't be stupid." Zach wasn't moving an inch. "You think I don't know why you have a bruise on your face but I do and I'm not letting you go back there. You can stay here until you have your own place. You aren't sleeping on the streets." It was like talking to a child in Zach's eyes. For someone so shy Hian was stubborn but then again so was Zach.

Hian sat back in his chair "You don't know anything" he mumbled, clearly annoyed. He didn't know what to do anymore. He looked at Zach "Fucking fine, I'll stay, it is not like I got anything better to do anyway"

"I know a lot." Zach huffed in response. He knew almost everything about everyone in town, he had to. It was why their family was so powerful. They knew too much but everyone was too terrified to try and take them out.
Zach relaxed his stance once Hian suceeded. "Good." Zach pulled a smirk before his phone buzzed. It was his father, he wanted to have a meeting. "Looks like you get to meet the family. Grab something to wear." Zach tossed his phone on the bed and headed over to the closet. He tossed Hian a button up and a nice pair of jeans that wouldn't be obnoxiously large on him before getting clothes of his own. Zach pulled on a baby blue pinstriped button up and black jeans. His tie was loose around his neck as he ran a hand through his hair. Eh it was good enough. "Ready?"

Hian pulled on the clothes and frowned when he was asked if he was ready. "I am not good in meeting people Zach.. wouldn't it be better if I stayed here?" He really didn't want to go and have a conversation with people he didn't know. He would probably say stupid things or no things at all and he didn't want to ruin it for Zach. "And they probably won't like it when they hear that you have rescued a stupid peasant from the streets would they?" That was what he was after all. A highschool dropout, a kid with no future at all.

"You'll be fine. No one is going to give you a problem trust me on that." Zach frowned at Hian when he called himself a stupid peasant. No Hian wasn't rich but he wasn't a peasant. "Don't say stuff like that." Zach gave Hian a stern look and led him down to the living room.
"Ah, you've finally graced us with your presence! And with a friend!" Zach's mother chimed gliding over to Zach and kissing his cheek, she repeated this action with Hian and ushered them to the couch. Zach plopped down, arms laid out along the back and nodded to the seat next to him. "Sit." He muttered softly his face blank as his father watched the two interact.
"As I have told you before, the Olivera's have decided to bring their business on our land." There were a few shouts of ideas like just kill them or raid the houses. Jack, Zach's father, held up his hand and the room fell quiet. His eyes watched his sons every movement as he spoke. "Zach is the future leader of this family. He shall make the decision." All eyes turned to Zachary. He glanced at Hian from the corner of his eye before answering.
"Starve them out." It was simple. Not many were happy with it but his father told him to elaborate. "Those who choose to do business with the Olivera's are no longer under the protection of our family. If that doesn't solve our problem then we send them a message." There was a long pause after Zach spoke before Jack smiled. "I love it!" He let out a boisterous laugh. "Wise you are Zachary. I'm pride of you!" Jack clapped and dismissed the family gathering much to Zachary's relief.

Hian had been speechless. Let them starve? How could he just let them starve? What kind of beast was he that he made that kind of decision? Hian didn't like where he had ended up one bit and he wanted to leave, right now. He and Zach left the meeting and Hian his hands where shaking. Those people had scared him. He had seen some before. When he was around the age of twelve he had seen one of them beating up his best friend, purely because he had stolen a bit of money from them. It was hard, surviving in this town. And the mafia didn't really make it better. Police was not trustworthy because 95% of them worked for the big mafia family ruling this town. It was all rather fucked up and he had sworn to stay out of it. trying to have a most normal life as possible. But here he was, walking with the future head. He looked at Zach, still not able to believe it.

Zach wouldn't look at Hian. He didn't realize his father was going to make him say anything since Hian was a new face. He felt guilty but wouldn't show it he had to be a rock for his family but he didn't want Hian to hate him and judging by the way he was shaking he was a little too late.
Zach stepped into his kitchen and got a cup of juice and took of sip keeping his gaze down. "So now you know."

"Fuck you" Was Hian his simple reply. "I'm leaving" He headed to the door and left, just like that. He walked away from the big mansion, kicking a stone as he did so. He would rather freeze to death then stay there. How he had been wrong about Zach. Turned out he had been a evil person after all. He probably only took care off Hian because he needed a new dealer or something. Fucking hell, had he fallen for that prick

Zach flinched when he heard the door shut behind Hian. That's definitely not how he wanted him to find out. Zach groaned and set his cup down. He wanted to go after him but Hian was mad and Zach didn't think it would be very easy to talk right now. He decided to give him an hour or two. Either way Zach was going to make sure Hian was okay. He felt the need to protect him and if there was one thing Zach learned from his father it was to trust his instincts.

Hian walked to a small alley and settled himself there. He watched drunks and stoners walk past, which wasn't a strange sight. He then got grabbed by his wrist harshly, pulled to his feet and pushed against the wall. "I searched fucking everywhere for you, you shitty brat" He looked into the eyes of his father and flinched. He got a knee in his stomach and sputtered and whined. "Shut the fuck up!" He got a slap in his face and tears stang his eyes. "Are you gonna cry now aswell? You're such a whimp Hian, you should have never been born" He spit right into Hian his face. Hian tried not to move and not to make any sounds, knowing it would be over sooner if he didn't do anything. "I should have killed you!" His father shouted "I think I will now" Hian his blood ran cold, he had never gotten death threads who where that serious. "No, no dad please no" He pleaded, but he just got another slap.

Zach was in his car driving around the city. This place was disgusting at night. It made him sick just seeing the product of the 'family business'. He had tried to give Hian as much time as possible.
Zach wasn't having much luck so he parked his car and decided to search on foot. He was about to give up when he heard the distinct sounds of fighting in the alleyway a few steps away.
"The hell?" Zach stepped forward to see a grown man beating the hell out of someone.
"Shit." Zach cursed and threw the man off. He didn't get a good look at whoever was on the ground because a fist came hurtling his way. Zach cursed as it connected with his jaw. He stumbled back a few steps before tackling the man to the ground. Zach got in a few good punches before he was shucked off and kicked in the stomach. Zach gasped for breath feeling the air fly out of his lungs. He felt the foot kick him again and again leaving him dizzy from lack of oxygen. Zach lifted a hand and caught the foot by the mans ankle and tugged harshly. The attacker fell to the ground as Zach staggered to his feet. He aimed a solid kick to the mans gut before getting tackled to the ground. The duo rolled on the ground until Zach fought his way to the top and slammed the mans head to the ground. He punched until his fist was bloody and bruised leaving the man unconcious and bleeding.
"Fuck." Zach panted heavily as he stood on shaky legs. He leaned on the wall for support looking down at who the man was attacked. "Hian!" Zach choked out in shock. In a second Zach was at his side checking for a pulse. He sighed in relief finding one before calling out to the boy. "Hey, hey Hian. You okay? Please be okay..." Zach lifted Hian up and staggered to his car. He was bleeding and dizzy as he buckled Hian in. He was taking him to the hospital. Zach drove well above the speed limit and pulled into the emergency room. He burst through the doors with Hian demanding a doctor. No one stopped him as he followed the doctors who took Hian like a guard dog.

Hian couldn't think clearly as he was being taken away by Zach. He couldn't move a muscle in his body, everything just hurt. He groaned loud when he was put down on the hospital bed and when they started checkin on him. "Two broken ribs and a concussion." The doctors concluded. "He needs a lot of bed rest and can only walk when he needs to go to the bathroom. Try to wash him by hand if you can, because showering will be hard for him." One of them said to you.

Zach nodded as he sat next to Hian. His head rested on his arm folded on the bed. He watched Hian for any sign of movement, uncomfort, awakening, anything. His hand held the smaller boys needed something to make sure he was here.
A nurse came in tried to get Zach to leave and get treated for his injuries but Zach wouldn't hear of it. He would be fine. He didn't care.

Hian was starting to whine a bit. Words that didn't make sense coming out of his throat, making him look uncomfortable. He was having a nightmare, and a bad one aswell. He tried to move, but woke up, crying out form the pain in his chest

Status
Not open for further replies.