/it's come to this/

O

Oillus

Original poster
I'm new here though to no means am I new to roleplaying. This is my first time attempting to write on a forum. For as tech-savvy as I like to believe I am, genuinely I feel like a fish out of water, so forgive me if I am not well-versed in the navigation and formatting here. So, hello, bonsoir, alo to all of those will wish my best of luck in my career and search here.

Frankly, I am looking to find partners that will inspire me to return time again - despite the complicated issues one faces in life. I would like to fill the slots in the two threads I've already posted here but onto the meat!

I want someone who can keep me on my toes, or knock me breathless with my head thrown back in sheer delight. I don't want it to feel like it's a chore: I want it to feel like it's playing on the basest strings of our imagination and every post has something of our passion for writing encapsulated within it. (Maybe I'm a bit optimistic.) I want an equal, a tale-twister, someone who has their own idea of how the plot should unfurl and fuck the other person who keeps getting in the way of it all. I want a character I can love to hate or hate to love, or just someone who is deeper than the looking glass. I love thriller and horror. (Hey, maybe I even want more than one. The more the merrier, right?)
What kind of tale would we weave? I'm not one for stories of simpering girls and white knights - after all, this is the real world, and real romance isn't all red roses and boxes of chocolates now, is it? Plus I always thought quests with love as the goal were a little shallow. Better to chance across a treasure unexpectedly and recognise its flaws and beauties rather than search across the land for it and be disappointed when it's not what you thought it was, no?

As a writer, my greatest strengths and interests lie in: Preternatural, Dark Fantasy, and Complicated Slice-Of-Life. Very rarely will I do a thread that does not involve these elements. What I ask of my partner is for three simple things: Be willing to post a high character count. Previous websites I frequent specify a length of 1,500-2,000 characters—rarely am I challenged or pushed to do more and I am searching for that. A challenge, a partner that is so engaging and inspiring that I yearn to push further and further into fleshed out content.

Be flexible and creative. Plots don't always go the way we intend. Sometimes a character pops out of nowhere suddenly with a tale to weave. Make it interesting. I like surprises—in literary form anyway. Make me invest in our story and I will spin you gold. Be honest. I don't need to know the dirty tidbits of your life—if you need a listening ear, I will be happy to provide—but let me know if you plan to leave for some time, are disinterested in the directions we are going, or frankly too burdened by obligations to give it full-steam. I will understand.

My posts are generally between 3000 and 5000 characters (500-800 words, I believe) but I can post more if the whim takes me - often I get caught up in a character's thoughts; I do not expect my partner to output the same quantity, but I do expect engaging writing.
As for my characters and "pairings", I'll play whatever I feel fits the situation and what suits the character concept I come up with. As for your character? Do what you like, ask of me what you will, just be aware that I am unlikely to partake in pretty, flowery romance. In fact, the way I create my characters makes them quite incapable of even being pretty and flowery. Sucks to be them, I guess.

Anyway, shoot me a private message or respond directly here. I don't care.

Hi there Oillus! Finding the perfect partner that makes playing as wonderful as this will take a little bit of work and trying lots of partners, but I am confident you'll find someone. <3 I did!

Welcome to the community!

With all the members we have, it may take some looking and patience, but you know what they say, good things never come easy.
Best for you to test the waters and do some searching yourself. The possiblities here are just about endless.

It took me a few months to get into the swing of things and there were as many members then. I wish you the best of luck and perhaps you and I will meet on the battlefield in a flash of text and fable.

and if you get bored we have a ton of things to keep you occupied too :) best part about Iwaku, is getting to know the community and and its members, I'm STILLLLLLLLL getting to know people XD

Again Good luck and long live RP! Hope to see you around the forum.

Welcome newcomer! tumblr_n0b23eT5oQ1tpbdojo1_500.gif

THank you to all who are kind enough to respond and to offer the best advice you can.
I appreciate it and hope to form lasting friendships on here.