It's Abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She watched him, smiling.
"Yeah. Gotta love fat, grease, and more fat." She laughed "It's my favourite combination."

She tipped back the last of her water and stretched, groaning.
"God, I'm so full. And now I'm exhausted."

Nathan didn't have much time left, otherwise he would've offered to pay for a movie. That would've really made his night, because it was a shame to see her go so soon. There were always other days, but for how long could he keep up the friendly facade? He was in pain, both physically and in love. Nathan couldn't have Willow, and it really did pain him, he'd come too late. Then there was the physical pain, how long could he hide bruises and scars?

"You can take a nap, sleep off the pizza." He stretched and yawned himself, full. "Then do it all over again, I could eat pizza forever."​

Willow grinned at him and laughed.
"So I take it we're meeting up again?" She smiled, her heart beating erratically.

What was she doing? Meeting up with Nathan would only make her like him even more, and that would only cause trouble. Of course, she could break up with Ryan... But Ryan was so sweet and kind.... How can you break up with someone who only wants the best for you?

"Sure, Willow." Nathan smiled softly her way.

It was near time to go. He hated to say goodbye, but they'd have to part eventually. She had a boyfriend, and he didn't need to concern her with the difficulties of his home life. no way! Willow and Nathan were friends, but he wasn't about to destroy her life for a little comfort. There just wasn't any way he could do it.

"I hate to be a downer, but I've probably gotta get going soon."​

"Aw." She pouted and wave and sighed. "Okay, I'll go get the bill."
She piled up their plates and glasses, setting it all up so everything was neat (despite the dirty plates).
Then she smiled widely at him, running her hand through her hair.

"No, no I've got it." Nathan shrugged and pulled out a small wad of cash. Wrapped with a thin rubber band, it was easy to hide from his dad. "Sit down, you can pay next time."​

She opened her mouth to protest before sighing and sitting back down.
"Fine." She said "But I don't see why you're paying."

"Because I'm a good guy." Nathan joked. "Guys have to pay, it makes a good first impression."

He laid down enough to cover the meal, and a decent tip for the waiter. There time was coming to an end, as much as he hated to admit. The clock was ticking towards his inevitable drive home, where his father, well, he didn't like to think about it. He only could pray he was in a good mood.

"Next time, you can if you want." He chuckled.​

"I definitely will." Willow smiled as she pulled on her coat.
"Maybe we can... I could show you my work?" She offered and shrugged "I think you'll find it interesting. Or we can just do something boring like watch a movie."

"Your work?" Nathan looked at his watch, he had no more than twenty minutes left. But, he wanted to spend more time with Willow. He shrugged, what harm would that extra bit of time be? In any case, his father would probably be passed out by the time he got back. No harm done. "Sure, I'd love to see."​

She grinned widely and stood up.
"Great! Let's go now!" She said excitedly, grabbing his hands and trying to tug him out of the pizza parlour.

She loved to show people what she did. It was her passion, what kept her sane, aswell as skinny.

Nathan waved in thanks to their waiter as he was dragged from the building. The servers waved at the couple leaving.

"Slow down!" He laughed at her, trying to set his own pace.​

She giggled.
"I just love showing people what I do." She grinned as she waved for a taxi.

"And what is your professional title?" Nathan asked.

He didn't really know what she did, all he knew is that it involved a taxi to get to.​

"Well," she glanced at him with a grin "I'm a gymnast and a figure skater."
She opened the taxi door and got in.

Nathan joined her in the taxi, anxiously watching the minutes tick by on his watch. He'd need to be home soon. Right though, he'd reasoned a few extra minutes would be alright.

"That's cool." He commented. "How far is it? Where you work?"​

"In the gym," she smiled and called the address to the driver.
Then her phone buzzed.
She took out her phone and started reading the text. The more she read, the more distraught her face became.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Nathan slid closer to her in the back of the cab, wanting to be a comfort while at the same time trying not to look too suspicious as he glanced at the phone.​

She leaned into him slightly, biting her lip.
"'Willow,'" she read aloud "'We've been dating for a while now and I love you a lot, but I am a man and I have specific needs. For the past 3 months I have been seeing other women behind your back. Sorry. It's over. I can't do this anymore.'"

Well, ouch.

Nathan wrapped his arm carefully around Willow's frame, rubbing her arm with his hand. That was an awfully rude thing to do, break up with someone in a text. It was such an abrupt moment he wasn't sure how to react, had they been fighting? Had something been wrong between them, so wrong he wouldn't even talk to her first? That had to be heartbreaking.

"Willow, I'm so sorry."​

Status
Not open for further replies.