It's A Twin Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, He chooses whether or not to drain the abilities. You can still use your abilities unless he drains them, if he had no control over his power and it just ran wild like that he would end up killing every magical user around him, including his twin. >.< sorry i wasn't very clear there.
So, you're saying that if Sunil wanted to, and as long as one of my characters was within the 2.5 radius, he could drain my character of her abilities? Does this mean that said character wouldn't be able to use her ability at all? Are the affects permanent? Fatal?

And what does it mean for him to drain their energy? Would they become extremely tired? Would it mean death?

It also means he can absorb the ability/energy. Would absorbing energy make him stronger physically, mentally, just make his powers stronger, or none of the above? Would absorbing an ability mean that he now had that ability as well?

Is the radius the only limitation to his ability?

I'm just trying to fully understand the ability. Truthfully, this is all sounding a little OP to me at the moment... from what I understand Nitsa could alert her brother of any power within their radius, even being able to tell him what it is, and then he could just take it away from that person, all because he wanted to. Am I correct about this?

So, you're saying that if Sunil wanted to, and as long as one of my characters was within the 2.5 radius, he could drain my character of her abilities? Does this mean that said character wouldn't be able to use her ability at all? Are the affects permanent? Fatal?

And what does it mean for him to drain their energy? Would they become extremely tired? Would it mean death?

It also means he can absorb the ability/energy. Would absorbing energy make him stronger physically, mentally, just make his powers stronger, or none of the above? Would absorbing an ability mean that he now had that ability as well?

Is the radius the only limitation to his ability?

I'm just trying to fully understand the ability. Truthfully, this is all sounding a little OP to me at the moment... from what I understand Nitsa could alert her brother of any power within their radius, even being able to tell him what it is, and then he could just take it away from that person, all because he wanted to. Am I correct about this?
kay, so.....the affects can be fatal if he drains ALL of the energy from the person, but generally no it isn't fatal. No, the affects are not permanent, the length they last depends on how much of the energy he drains. and by draining their ability i mean he would absorb it so they couldn't use it for about 4-5 hours. Sunil is a fairly calm person and only uses his powers if he feels his sister is threatened, his only concern in the world being her safety and happiness. Absorbing someones energy makes him physically stronger, unless the person he is draining has a mind based power, such as mind reading, telekinesis, etc..
And yes you are correct, but he rarely uses his power as draining someone's ability drains his energy and he doesn't like to drain energy because he doesn't wish to kill anyone. and yes, while Nitsa could alert her brother she often forgets to being she's so childish, she forgets about her power.

Anything else? >.< sorry, i was multi-tasking when i originally typed Sunil and Nitsa up

• Useful
Reactions: Brea
@Kila'Fali - Nope, no more questions for now. Thanks for answering all of mine. I guess it's only OP if you abuse the ability- we'll see how that pans out or whatever. Thanks again! 3

@Kila'Fali - Nope, no more questions for now. Thanks for answering all of mine. I guess it's only OP if you abuse the ability- we'll see how that pans out or whatever. Thanks again! 3
mhmm, no problem. Just ask if you've got anymore questions. but, real fast, what does OP mean? I am so tired i cant even think to figure it out lolz

mhmm, no problem. Just ask if you've got anymore questions. but, real fast, what does OP mean? I am so tired i cant even think to figure it out lolz
O- Over
P- Powered

I was thinking your characters are OP because, if he chose to, your male could render anyone even remotely close to him (because 2.5 mils is a pretty big radius) powerless. So, if there ever was a combat situation he could just steal all their energy and win. I guess it just depends on how you choose to use the ability, though.

O- Over
P- Powered

I was thinking your characters are OP because, if he chose to, your male could render anyone even remotely close to him (because 2.5 mils is a pretty big radius) powerless. So, if there ever was a combat situation he could just steal all their energy and win. I guess it just depends on how you choose to use the ability, though.
ah......i see....you have a point.......maybe i should lessen his radius....and possibly hers some.......

how does with Sunil's power the person has to be within a mile and a quarter of him....and lessen hers to a mile and a half radius......is that less OP?

ah......i see....you have a point.......maybe i should lessen his radius....and possibly hers some.......

how does with Sunil's power the person has to be within a mile and a quarter of him....and lessen hers to a mile and a half radius......is that less OP?
plus, my characters are pretty much pacifists........he doesn't care to fight because of the risk to his sister, and she is childish so fights don't truly interest her.

plus, my characters are pretty much pacifists........he doesn't care to fight because of the risk to his sister, and she is childish so fights don't truly interest her.
I hope I didn't offend you by saying I thought your characters were OP. That was not my intention at all. Besides, I am not the GM, so my opinion on the matter is pretty much irrelevant.

I suppose lowering the radius would make them less OP, but the main think that makes the characters over powering is that they can completely block an individuals ability to use their power, as well as drain them from all their energy. I think that's that main thing you'd have to change about it... like, if it were me, I'd make it so that the other character's ability would just be weaker, and that it would take more energy out of them to use their ability, instead of completely taking the ability away or draining of them of their energy.

I don't know, that's just me. And like I said, I'm not the GM. Their your characters, and the actual GM already approved them, so you don't have to change a single thing if you don't want to. I'm sorry if I made you feel like you do need to change your characters. I was just trying to understand what your characters would mean for my own. That's all. ♥

Well I missed a chat that went on for a while here, damn notifications don't tell ya anything sometimes. well I wiould have to agree with @Brea on this whole situation with the idea of the characters being OP @Kila'Fali, but that is up to you in terms of how you want to edit it, they were accepted as is, by looking back on it that is.

I hope I didn't offend you by saying I thought your characters were OP. That was not my intention at all. Besides, I am not the GM, so my opinion on the matter is pretty much irrelevant.

I suppose lowering the radius would make them less OP, but the main think that makes the characters over powering is that they can completely block an individuals ability to use their power, as well as drain them from all their energy. I think that's that main thing you'd have to change about it... like, if it were me, I'd make it so that the other character's ability would just be weaker, and that it would take more energy out of them to use their ability, instead of completely taking the ability away or draining of them of their energy.

I don't know, that's just me. And like I said, I'm not the GM. Their your characters, and the actual GM already approved them, so you don't have to change a single thing if you don't want to. I'm sorry if I made you feel like you do need to change your characters. I was just trying to understand what your characters would mean for my own. That's all. ♥
no, you didn't offend me, i completely understand. Honestly, i like your suggestion, i think i will change them to your idea instead. Truth be told looking back at them they are OP.

~| Hawa |~

Name:
Astria Tyler Newton // Toby Ian Newton

Power:
Astria has the power to
Be an Illusionist

An Illusionist is a person who can change the structure of molecules to make a location or person appear different. Sometimes this can be used to mask something that is already there or to create a distraction and lead someone the wrong way. Some Illusionists can create these illusions using their mind while others choose to use a more concrete method such as drawing or writing. These types of Illusionists are more stable and less likely to get caught up in their illusions. All Illusionists have very vivid imaginations and their dreams feel very real to them. They are usually committed to mental institutions because those around them worry about their safety.
//

Toby has the the power to
See Through Illusions

People who can See Through Illusions are very unique because it requires a special type of brain structure. These people are not easily fooled by lies or tricks. They have the ability to see through things and people to pick out the truth. They generally find themselves in lines of work where their gift can be used for the greater good, such as judges and crime scene investigators. They know the questions to ask and the places to look to find things that were hidden from others. Not many people have this power because it takes such a large amount of energy to keep it working, especially when they are around Illusionists. Another theory is that those with this power are missing the portion of their bran that allows them to see the illusions and be fooled by the tricks and lies.

Personality:
Astria has a very profound personality, she's always happy and optimistic but she can become very protective when it comes to her loved ones because she can't stand to see them hurt, Astria experiences rapid mood changes because she's Bipolar.

//

Toby is very relaxed and laid back about things he has an "I don't really care" aura to him unless his sister or friends are in danger, Toby has a bad and hard to control temper that set's him aside from his sister

Appearance:

136563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Relationship Propositions: Feel free to suggest you own ideas or decline mine. Just be sure to let me know if you're going to decline, so I don't ask again in the future! ♥

@Lord of Dragons :
  • Daryl Banks- I think both of my Twins (Breanne and Jennifer) would be friends with him. But, maybe Jennifer could connect with Daryl more than Breanne would?
  • Jacob Banks- I think that Breanne wouldn't mind him, so she'd be more Neutral, but Jennifer would be intimidated by him and his criminal record. Though, she'd be nice to him, mostly because he's Daryl's twin.
@Energetic Alice :
  • Rosalina Seto - Jennifer and Breanne could probably be her friends, but I think she'd connect with Jennifer more.
  • Luciano Seto - Again, I think both Jenna and Brea could be friends with him. But, I think Breanne would be more of a friend to him, because they're both kind of more serious and what-not.

@Kila'Fali
  • Nitsa - I think her and Jenna could grow to be friends. However, I think Breanne wouldn't really care for her at all, so I'd say that she and Brea would be more neutral. Thoughts?
  • Sunil - I don't think either Breanne or Jenna would like him. I think Breanne would be Neutral about him while Jenna would loathe him.

@The Mernsicle : Assuming you get accepted by the GM.
  • Astria Newton - I think that Jenna and Astria would get along great! Friends? But, Breanne would probably just be more neutral about her.
  • Toby Newton - I think that Jenna would be more neutral about him, while Breanne enjoyed his company. Brea wouldn't consider him a friend, though... more like buddies?

(Little notes to myself: Wonderful Thing is still working on her twins here.))

Last edited:
@Brea
Those are good propositions! I don't know what the others will think, though.

Hey, guys? Do you know how to edit the Cast List tab?

You should be able to go into a section to edit your role play

In your overview I believe, There should be a set up on the right hand side of the screen to be able to go into a link called your Role play
or something similar I haven't used it but I've taken looks at it before

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.