It's a Modern Fantasy Roleplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Salt Lord

Original poster
225771.jpg

You live in a world similar to our own: great, sprawling cities with buildings at every corner, and an abundance of people and technology. When you don't count the common dragon attack, life seems pretty-- wait a sec! Did I say dragon attack? YES! This is modern fantasy! Modern means cities and jobs and relationships and cars, and fantasy means spells and magical creatures! Combined, it means magical creatures getting run over by spells!

The focus of this action is the massive city of Atlas, where magical creatures get ran over the most!

In case you haven't already guessed, the term "normal life" has a different meaning here. Driving to your job is horrible not because of bad traffic, but because of the daily magical fights between monster hunters and their prey or the monsters themselves. Wanna get to your destination faster and travel on foot? You might get caught in the crossfire.
But it isn't all so bad. You still have your phones and your handguns, and on top of that, you can shoot electricity out of your fingers or make things appear with a hand motion or a word... or two.

Still not impressed? Every year, the sky colosseum in the center of Atlas--the Citadel--is opened for the Grand Atlas Tournament. Exactly what it sounds like, the tournament allows contestants of any species to fight each other. Not to the death, of course, but all kinds of magic and all kinds of tactics may be used to win.
The victor of every round against every one of his or her opponents receives a device that grants one wish. As long as the wish isn't for more wishes or the death of every living being or omnipotence and stuff like that, you can wish for anything.

Welp... that's the premise. I'm still working on how the tournament's rounds are gonna work, but... yeah. If you read this, I hope you liked it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
I am game for this lol.

Reactions: Salt Lord
Looks great. I'm down.

I'm interested btw salt the fairy tail ic should be up soon

Reminds me of the Dark tournament. Any species is allow to fight. Can a character be demi god?

Reminds me of the Dark tournament. Any species is allow to fight. Can a character be demi god?
As long as said character has a weakness that absolutely balances out all of their strengths, then yes. Keep in mind that even if your character's species is normally more powerful than most others, everyone can find a way around everyone else's abilities. If you don't come up with a tactic that closes all loopholes without godmodding, you will lose. Or you might lose.

Since we seem to have a nice number of people who want to do this.... when is the OOC coming up? @Salt Lord

Seven people, including me... I'd like at least one more person in case the thing lasts long enough for the tournament to come around. It's a lot easier to have matches with even numbers.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Ugh. Obviously, no one else is coming, and I'd rather not wait so long that you guys lose interest.

I'm in school right now, but I'll have the OOC up as soon as possible, okay?

I want to I'm just not sure how exactly to make my character on the Thread/Forum. I'm New to this site and can't figure out what to do.

Follow the CS on the Thread tab. There's no specific tab for characters. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.