It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Four Act RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to meet you, Jessica.

If you want, you can actually jump into the story with, at least, one of your charries.

The two protagonist of the story are about to start their training in the hopes of returning to the rough landscapes of the Free Territories to find a young boy name Danny, who might have been sold by the Trade into a small Pit Territory.

Danny is Matt's younger brother. He's determined to find him.

So, if you start now, you will know just as much about Matt, and his new girlfriend Josie, as your charrie knows.

Josie's old friend, Ace, is a former Records Keeper from the Trades, who is actually a Logistics and Researcher from the spy establishment called the Information Super Highway (ISH) located in the territory called Yellows. He's helping Matt and Josie rush through a possible five day spy training course. Afterwards, he will send them on their way to find Danny, and hopefully learn more about the Haven and their Dogs.

The one thing that might interest your character is the fact that Matt and Josie actually escaped from the Haven and survived. The Haven is serious about keeping their people behind their walls. If someone escapes, they are quickly found and killed. (Reason for this is in the Territory explanation a few post above.) So, Ace and a few other members of ISH will want to learn about their experience there, and hopefully learn something that can connect them to the Pits and the Trade.

Hey Jessica, your temps look good. The only thing I'm wondering about is the boarding school. The ISH would not have established within a school. Their focus is to enter into the roughened Pit Territories and the Trades and learn about the operation from the inside, finding ways to destroy them. The Trades are damaging to all territories because the kidnap anyone, from anywhere, and then just disappear.

The ISH would be about 9 years old, establishing themselves six years after the Government Fall. And since they're designed to train spies to enter into harsh conditions and deal with brutal assaults of the physical and mental, they would not train in a boarding school but some place where they can simulate those conditions, or utilize the conditions around them. It just doesn't seem to fit with things in this era.

The only schools still in operation are in the two large city territories - Freemont and Yellows. They have been altered to teach kids how to survive, how to adapt, and how to work in cooperation with others in order to rebuild unity in the new nation. (Not a military thing, I assure you.)

I hope this helps in your understanding of the RP layout.

Summary Update for Act One - Post #4!!

AAHH, I'm going to be out for a while...

I've been bombarded with more design jobs - Golf Tournament signs, Fishing Tournament signs, Little League Football Banners, a Spur Festival event, and several other things that just want to take me away...

So, expect to see no trace of me, except for the occasional peek. If I'm lucky, (or procrastinating), I'll post.

Who is that random girl that just posted?

My name's Jessica. Phi invited me to join the rp so i made a couple of characters for act two as she requested. Act one is the one i posted in just now and i know that, but Phi said I could start RPing my characters so I decided to post with one of them in act one.

Oh okay Jessica just wondering

It's nice to meet you Kronas^^

Re: It's a Dog Eat Dog World

Okay Jessica, you may have to work on that post. There's a few things that are off here.

I didn't get a response from you from my previous post in response to your templates. So, I have no idea what your intentions are for your characters right now. If you can answer a few questions for me, then maybe we can clear a few things up and you can make a simple edit for your post to set your charrie up better.

One: Does your Montgomery know Josie? If he knows her by name, even in thought, then they have already met. If you going with what I'd mentioned in my response post, then cool. So, he's one of the other trainees at the ISH who has a similar mission as Matt and Josie, or a former spy assisting in training, or a person working in the ISH? Let me know which one. There has to be a reason why he know who she is.

Two: There's no way Montgomery can see Josie on the top floor Penthouse balcony of a towering building. I know that I haven't specified exactly how many floors this building has, but I believe I've mentioned the 15th floor, and maybe a 30 something floor. So, if she's in the penthouse, there's no way he can see her from ground level. So, you're going to have to change that.

Three: Mentioning the twins in the picture... An answer to this will determine who he is in my mind and where he should go. Are the twins related to him, or are they a case that he's working on for the ISH in which have hooked into his feelings? Is he on a mission to find them, like Matt and Josie is; or is this just a mission the ISH has given him to work on? Let me know.

If it will help you, I will send you a really, really quick summary over everything that Montgomery would need to know, or know, that has happened at the ISH. Then, you'll be filled in well enough to really work your way in. If you need a major place now, which will lead into Act 2, I have one that's about to show itself.

Thankie :)

Okay. I think I understand now^^ I'll redo the post and then save it.^^

And well I haven't figured out a background and present day story to do for Yevett like I have for Montgomery so that's why I'm currently saving her for the 2nd act and starting Montgomery's character off first.

Currently Montgomery's objective is to find out what he can about the two twins in the picture. They are his two younger siblings to which he doesn't know about yet. But his boarding school teachers found out about the twins and who they were to Montgomery when he was still going to school and in the 7th grade. And so Montgomery's teachers gave him the picture of the twins most recent looks at that time.

And I didn't know the balcony was a penthouse one when I did my post. You may have mentioned it about her being on the 15th floor but I didn't see anything about that, only about her peering over the balcony.

And no. Montgomery hasen't met Josie yet. But he was a Spy for the Boarding school he went to so he does have some experience in that line of work. Just as Yevett does sense she was partners with him. And Montgomery isn't a member of the ISH yet so he'll need to meet up with a member to join for missions.

Okay, I can work with this.

Alright, since he has some spying experience, I'll push an angle here to get him involved in the situation.

I'll post for the front desk lady soon, who will answer his questions. The ISH is basically the only group known in the known territories that specialize in finding lost people, and they do a few other things on the side. But, she will get him to the right people, and if Montgomery finds interest in what she tells him, he should ask for an application.

Reason why I say this is because Ace just lost one of his assistance. So, he will be looking for someone who can pass their qualifications. I don't know if Montgomery is qualified, but if so he would be managing Ace's penthouse, like a butler; but also take care of his schedule and research, like a executive assistant. Just a thought, but a good way to get Montgomery into the ISH quickly.

Later on, Ace will talk to Montgomery about the twins.

Okay cool^^

I've posted for Montgomery. It's post #212

From now on, if I can remember to, I'll place a purple box around the posts for your charrie, K? This will make it easier for you to spot them.

Okay, Summary Update!

I'm almost done typing all this out. You'll find it on the 4th post here.

I'm also working on posting some little bits of information, and hopefully a map, for Act 2. There's a few things brewing that might cause Matt and Josie some major problems, and that's not including the little brew they already have in their pot. LOL!

[SPOILI]After a quick make over to conceal their appearance, Matt and Josie are going to trek their way into a small Pit Territory as three Scavengers (Montgomery's going to join them for this ride) seeing shelter and provisions. They're going to blend in as well as they can and follow a well designed sales pattern that will hopefully lead them towards Danny and the twin's location now.

This will be a piece of cake, but someone's going to spot Matt...a person who doesn't know nothing about the Haven's bounty on his head. But, he does recall a certain issue between Matt and his leader that should have been resolved in the free territory of Sunlock (where Josie first discovered Matt). This person will follow them towards the next small Pit, taking a few friends with them.

The group will wander into a forest area near a large mountain that they have to find a place to cross. There'a also a large lake that they will come across as well. Somewhere around here, there are wild dogs... mountain lions... animals who are now accustomed to feasting on human flesh. And if that's not enough, if they survive this, there's going to be a struggle, Matt's going to be taken...the Josie and Monty lost in the woods... And Josie's morning sickness decides to join the party.

Yea, some fun...

Now, they need to find Matt before they can find Danny and the Twins... And no matter where they go, Josie had to keep her head down because anyone can recognize her and sell her out for the Haven's reward.

Meanwhile, because of the large reward the Haven's placed, New Nation is wondering what the problem is and are inquiring if the Haven needs assistance. The reward is causing havoc in the smaller territories, and even in the free territories. People are turning in anyone who seems to fit the descriptions of the two fugitives. When the Haven refused help, it brings about speculations as to why they would deny assistance. The military is ordered to alter their plans to secure the free territories in the south. Now, they are moving their troops towards the east, to Haven, so they can sort out this problem themselves.
[/SPOILI]

Alright, that was my brainstorm to create some little outline of what might happen in Act 2. If we come up with something new, or a twist, I'll try to post it here so people who would like to sign up will know what is happening.

Mainly, we're getting the group into the Pits - hopefully a Pit that is holding the children. This is fueled by Matt's secrets...whatever that might be, and the price on their heads.

What happens during all of this, happens. If things change, so be it. Let's see what develops now.

If you're interested in this RP, check out the summary and post your templates for review. If you can hold more than one charrie, or a main charrie and a NPC, then go for it. Let me know though.

Here's some of the choice charries (main or NPC) you can sign up for:

Someone searching for the Haven's bounty.
Someone who captures Matt for their Pit Leader.
Someone from the ISH who are searching for the group.
Someone from the two large Pit Territories who are at odds against each other.

There's more in this list, but I've forgotten it, and can't find the PM at this time.

Yea, I'm almost done with the last of the summaries!!!

If you guys that are entering into the RP, post your templates now. There's a few more people who are thinking about joining Act 2. I'm trying to wait on them too. But, I'll be posting soon to get this three players out of the Yellows.

Igo's Character: Just in case anyone's wondering...)

Head of the ISH
Name: Atticus Jeremiah (Maybe AJ)

Backstory: Unknown Government work and ties prior to the fall. Founded the ISH after the fall. Keeps in constant contact with Ace, his ISH Executive Manager. He is the eyes and ears of ISH; the man behind the curtain.

500full.jpg

He is strictly at a need to know basis.

Name: Hunter (Last name forgotten)
Appearance: dark brown hair and eyes. Mostly leather clothing that is black. Pale but nice build in muscles. Pretty skinny.
Social Level: Survivor
Personality: Kind wiser then years. Foolishly brave sometimes. Kind caring and even shy sometimes. Can become very serious when he choose to be.
Strengths: Very fast, good with close quarters combat, good tactics.
Weaknesses: can easily be blinded by rage. Not good with guns. Hates them horribly. Follows a gentleman's code so doesn't stand a chance when it comes to fighting the opposite sex.
History: He ran away at a young age doesn't really remember the details. The only thing he does know is that he has been making stupid decisions that leads to an incredible amount of street smart knowledge. He gets into a lot of trouble sometimes and foolishly pushes ahead with them. In the end he is chased targeted and hunted for ever. Once he had been ambushed. He had token a lot of heavy blows. Especially to the head. He still fought on. He ran after that. He ran and ran till he couldn't run anymore. His memories were starting to fade. Exhaustion became increasingly emanate. He fell from fatigue. And thats where he is now. Clenching a sword that he would protect with his life.
Possessions you treasure: His family sword he took before running away.

Everyone's all here at the same time!!! :3

Throwing this out there...

Matt, Josie and Monty need to start up a conversation with Redcorn about what's he's gain about the Pits and the activity going on he's noticed. If you two have ideas to throw in there, then don't be afraid - toss them in!

I'm thinking that the trucks that are driving passed the outpost are packed full of children that were kidnapped from the bigger cities and the free territories. They are being shipped to the Pits that have bought them. The trucks are coming from the Trades (but, no one knows all of this just yet.)

So, Redcorn's information is what they need in order to get to the Trades or the big Pit that's near them (don't know which on just yet). But, they'll have to choose to either go to the Trades or the Pits - which one are they most likely to find the kids? Of course, I'll probably throw my little twist in there so they don't reach any location...

Terry's going to recognize Matt and Josie and bring that up... They're not going to turn them in, but ask a few questions. Then, Marcie's going to talk them into changing their looks - that's something I was going to have them do before they left the ISH, but decided that it wouldn't work. They're going to disguise themselves so they don't look like the Haven's wanted poster images.

And somewhere in there, I think the guys need to chat with Hunter... I'm thinking he's from the Dog Pit close by...but something didn't go so well for him there. He pissed off the Dog Leader, or something, and they planned to kill him, but he got away. They chased him, but they didn't catch him.

huntsman, I'm not sure what you have in mind for your charrie, but if you don't send me a bit more about the background and history you have planned for him, then I'm gonna make one up! :D I don't have magic in this story, but I was thinking of working your possessed sword as possibly the catalyst that has caused him trouble, which ends up causing the group a whole lot of trouble. Hunter's going to be the reason the group is found... Possibly. I've got to think on it, because we've already planned that part...or I've got that part planned in my head already.

IDK, we shall see.

Igo!!!! Do you wanna run dialogue on Ace and Atticus' conversation, or are you going to continue winging it until his time comes? I'm going to post for Ace soon and have him rush out to begin searching for the group.

Ok so here is the basic stuff about my character. His family has a relatively big history about this sword and he has a dark passt i plan o revealing in the story. And thats great idea to have him coming from the pits! But... That makes me feel like a bad guy for a sec -3- xD It sounds like a brilliant idea. Im probably going to bring his hate of guns in their swell. and a pod twist i have in mind is that. What if the people who are trying to find him already found h=him and have been tracking him? what if they were planning on striking him while he was in that room? Now any history relating to the demon sword I want you to not mess with besides that feel free to make stuff up. :) I trust you three's imagination :P

When it comes to your sword, I was just going to use it as the reason why he got in trouble in the Pit he were in. The Pit boss wants it for himself, and he wouldn't give it to him. So, he left, and they followed. Therefore, he WAS a Pit member before, but now he's leaving them because it's not worth it to lose his sword.

It's vital for him to be a former Pit member because he can give our group information about the activities of the Pits and how to sneak into one.

Now, if the Pit members that were tracking him have found him and are planning to attack, then we need to do this somewhere in the next day. They will have a hard time because Outpostings are well secured with various technical systems, and Redcorn's used a lot of his old methods to snag bandits and such as well.

But, they will eventually get in. Now, they will know about Matt and Josie from the Haven's wanted posters. So, there's a possible attack on them as well.

Lol. So basically. In theory. All hell will break loose? xDDDD And it's fine with the pit boss wanting the sword. Im just talking about deep history and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.