It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's a Dog Eat Dog World

Ace asked him other questions, like birthday, the territory they were in when he went missing, if he can recall if there were any reports of Dogs in the territory at the time... Some of them seem strange to ask, but Josie knew Ace was an expert and been at this thing for years. So, she let him do his job, finding that sitting and listening to the conversation was more tiring than she thought.

Ace noticed this, and sighed, "I'll take this information right now downstairs and get my team started on it." he stopped the recorder and stood up. "Martin and Annie are my assistance here. They'll help you out with anything you need. As for now, Martin will show you to the guest rooms so you guys can get some rest."

Martin stepped forward to offer to help Josie with her wheelchair and Ace jogged over to the door, a bit bouncy about his new assignment. "We can continue this in the morning, K." He left, and Martin began to wheel Josie through the dining room and down a hallway, indicating to Matt that he should follow.

"How big is this place anyway?" she asked as she looked at all of the paintings on the wall down the hall.

"It is the full width and length of the building, Miss. Ace has the entire top floor."

Josie gasped, it was amazing! They had stopped between two doors standing across from each other. "Here are your rooms, I hope you find everything just right." He opened Josie's door and rolled her inside, and Josie almost burst into tears. It was like a huge three bedroom apartment inside an apartment.

"Now Sir, I will show you yours." Martin closed the door, leaving Josie alone...

She turned the chair around, suddenly feeling out of place and in danger. It was strange... they were just right out that door, and she was in a safe place... But, she was alone. The only other time Matt wasn't around, she was in a horrible situation. The fear of that tried to return as soon as that door closed.

"M...Matt.... MATT!"

She started to turn around, rolling the wheelchair back to the door. She couldn't do this... two rooms just wasn't happening. If Matt wasn't beside her, then the nightmares... or something worse would happen to her. Paranoia was a heavy-weight champ! She was starting to feel sick to her stomach and feverish, just because...

Matthew told Ace his brother's birthday and described him in every detail so that it would help find him. When Ace said that they'd continue tommarow he nodded and looked down at Josie in the wheelchair. The man Martain came and said was going to show them to their room s, looking around one more time at the room he nodded.

Following Martin and Josie dowon the hall it was and amazing site and afer everything they had been through he needed to relax and calm his nerves. Their was two doors, one fore Matt and the other for Josie, he frowned slightly but allowed Matrin to help Josie into her room and then Martin showed him his room.

The room was amazing to say the least. The bed, the tv, and bathroom was great. Martin nodded and excused himself. As he sat on the bed he felt empty without Josie and then he remembered how comfortable he slept when she was close to him and he had no nightmares. He stood and grabbed his bag before opening his door and closing it behind him. Knocking on Josie's door he opened it and smiled. " You didn't think i would have left you in a room all by yourself".

Josie brightened instantly when Matt walked in, and almost felt silly at her instant panic attack. She took a deep breath and tried her best to play it all off before him. "Oh...nooo, no... I was just...worried about you. Figured...this whole transition would be too hard for you to handle alone..."

She looked flushed, but a silly smile showed. She couldn't keep a straight face anymore and started to laugh a little. Soon, that passed too and her eyes showed her hidden fear. "I just don't think...two rooms is a good idea."

Matthew was glad to see that Josie was happy when he walked in, although she tired to hide it he could still tell that she was happy he was around. He put his pags on the floor and helped Josie out of her wheelchair. " I was worried about you to be honest but your right two rooms is a bad idea". He looked around before speaking again. " So you want me to help you into the shower or your good on your own?".

When she smiled he felt a weird feeling in his stomach but strangley he liked the feeling. He knew that it was a long day and they needed to relax for tommarow. The room was the same like his and huge but he was just glad he had and excuse to lay with her again.

When Matt asked if she needed his help, all Josie could do was nod her head. Her breath was instantly snuffed out when Matt helped her stand up. She didn't know if it was because of the dull throb of pain in her side, or the fact that they were standing so close. She could read people fairly well, but unfortunately didn't understand the language all the time.

"Carol...wrapped my ribs really tight. She told me to remove the bandage before bathing, and that it had to be wrapped back tightly to do its job." She was a bit embarrassed about all this help and all, but there wasn't a lot she could do for herself right now. At least, she had enough feeling in her legs to walk again. She was still wobbly though, but better than before.

There was a knock at the door, and the knob turned when she called them in. "Hello, I'm Annie..." the woman stumbled over her words when she saw the two standing so close. She respectfully dropped her eyes, "I'm sorry. We're here to drop the rest of your bags, and to give you the keys to your bike." She stepped forward to hand Matt the keys and her and Martin deposited their items. "Your bike is in the parking garage on the basement level." Then she left.

Josie unwillingly detached herself from Matt and slowly made her way towards their pile of things. "Ah, clean clothes!" She lifted the duffle bag Carol sent with her and placed in over her shoulder. Not knowing where the bedroom was, she looked around puzzled. "I feel like I can get lost in this place just trying to find a room." She giggled, feeling better than ever now.

Matthew nodded when Josie told her that the he had to remove the wrapping before she got in the shower and place it back on after. When he heard the knock on the door he looked to see it was a women and Martin who placed the rest of their bags inside. He took the keys and thanked them. When they left Josie moved away from him and he looked at her before laughing.

" Yeah it is huge, but the bathroom..is..". He paused and then looked around finding it in and he kept the door open. Walking over to Josie he took her bag and brought it into the bathroom and then he helped her in and looked down nervously. " Um do you need help..you know with your clothes or are you fine doing the rest?". He ruffled his hands through his hair out of nervousness.

"Umm...yea, if you can help me with my top...and the wrap, I think I can handle the rest..."

It was awkward, but he's already seen her in her skimpiest already... but, again, it was just something different this time...

She sat down in the vanity chair in the bathroom and tried to pull up her top. "I - can't raise my right arm high enough...," she dropped her arms in frustration. "Hell, I feel like a toddler learning how to undress. I don't like feeling helpless..."

He nodded and then smiled when she got fustrated. " Hey its okay that you cant do it, thats what you have me for". He slowly lifted up her shirt over her head and then began to take the wrap off her slowly. It was hard not to look at her body while he was doing it. He looked at Josie when he finished and then smiled " There its done now be careful and call me if you need anything".

When he looked at her he didn't move for a moment but he abruptly stood up and then walked out the bathroom closing the door behind him. He realized his breathing was quickning and he sat on the couch and looked at his hands. He didn't know now out of all things he was acting weird but it seemed hard to restain himself from..

That fluttering in her gut enhanced every time his fingers touched her skin. Josie tried so hard to breath shallow as Matt unwrapped her ribs, but his presence so close just caused her heart to pound faster and her ribs to protest slightly. When he was finished, she wanted to turn around, to say something to him...but, she couldn't move. He was gone by the time she found some words to mutter.

Her fingers teased the ends of her hair nervously. Was she feeling what she thought she was feeling? Josie shook her head, "We've got to stay focused...," trying to talk her emotions back. "We're not out of the woods yet, and there's someone else we need to think about...." Pep talks... her father did that a lot. But her's was not resulting in the same success.

She looked over her shoulder at the vanity mirror, finding her skin color tinted in various degrees of healed bruises and cuts. Her hair, a bit matted from mud and sweat, even after Carol's quick hand-washing. Her ribs were not as swollen as before, but they were still tender. And then she looked up towards her eyes - it's been so long since she's seen her own face. The last time she did was when Ace saved her. Her eyes then were cold, uncaring, morbid...alien to her. But now, she saw a splash of light, like hope, like life in the mist of a shadow; but a living entity that still had a chance. She saw a change in her, and a smile, and she knew why.

Josie started the water, filling the tub with warmth and bubbles. She settled down carefully in the silky foam and giggled like a little girl as she washed. Soon, she stepped out with her hair shiny and her skin peachy. She felt better than ever. She searched through the clothes that Carol packed for her and found a whole bunch of little goodies hidden away. Josie gasped happily, "little trinkets that young girls like to have; that woman is something else." And then, she stopped as she watched the jewelry and delicate short blue dress slide from her fingers. "I so hope they're okay..."

She slid the blue dress over her head, finding that the color matched her eyes just so. She's never felt pretty before. The earrings were dainty and light, and the heart necklace was nice, but none of it was really her. She removed the jewelry and left them on the vanity, and then changed the dress for something more - Josie. Finding a tee shirt and shorts, she left her things in the bedroom and left. She forgot to dry her hair, so she grabbed a towel and carefully lifted her hands to squeeze her ends out. Even that small action was a bit painful.

Oh, the bandage! "Matt! I'm done!" She sat on the bed and continued to dry her hair as well as she could.

Matthew was on the couch thinking about alot of things, first about Harrison and his wife Carol he knew they were either dead or alive. Then he thought about his brother Danny and hoped that hwas doing okay, and then Josie. He was so confused when it came to her and his emotions, she made him forget the nighmares and the feeling he got around her was obvious.

When he heard her voice he stood slowly and then made his way into the room. He looked at her and smiled, she looked complety diffrent then she had before. Shaking his head sightly he looked away and grabbed the bandage wrappings. He sat on the bed next to her and slowly lifted up her shirt. He began wrapping the bangade around her and the feel of her soft skin made him bite down on his bottom lip. When he was done he looked at her. " There you go".

She looked over her shoulder from the corner of her eye as Matt worked. He was struggling with something too... she wondered what he was thinking, but again was afraid to ask.

When he was done re-wrapping her ribs, she pulled her shirt down. She started to play with the ends of her damp hair again. "You know...I'm not very good at this but, I am...happy that I'd found you, but I still want your boots."

Admitting her weaknesses in a silly, 'around the bush' sort of way - Josie had lost her strength only to regain it in another form. It was hard to say. "Thanks," she whispered over her shoulder. "not just for this...but for everything."

He watched as Josie looked over her shoulder and thanked him. He smiled and was a bit shocked at what she was saying. " Hey its okay because if it wasn't for you finding me then i would be dead. Im greatful for everything that you have done for me".

Matt chuckled when she mentioned his boots and then he looked at his boots. " Il tell you what we shoudl find a shoe store later on and then we'll get you a pair of boots in your size".

As he looked at her he leaned ove and cupped her face so that she was looking at him. " i dont know what i would be doing if it wasn't for you". He leaned in slowly and brushed his lips against hers feeling his chest tighten. When he realized what he was doing he stopped and leaned back. " Im..damn im sorry". He stood and then looked away. " Im gonna go get in the shower.

The idea on shopping for new boots was like a child being told they can go shopping at a toy store. Josie smiled again, almost bubbly inside.
When Matt touched her face, she began to breath hard, and then his lips touched hers so delicately, she almost didn't register it. But when she did, her body reacted and she fell into it slightly as well. Her eyes closed and everything in the room vanished.

"I'm...damn, I'm sorry..."

"no..." It left her mouth, but so softly she didn't hear it herself.

Matthew looked at when she said no and he stood where he was for a moment. " Im just gonna take a shower ill..be right back". He took a clean pair of underwear from his bag and walked into the bathroom. He took a long shower and washed himself off.

When he was finished he used the towel to dry himself off and then he put on his boxers and walked out the bathroom and looked at Josie. He wanted so say something but he didn't know what to say all he knew was he wanted to kiss her. Walking over he sat on the bed and then he looked at the floor, he didn't want things to be awkward. " So um what do you feel like doing?".

((Sorry about that. Had some friends stop by. I'll be on and off for a while - getting ready for dinner.))

Josie sat there frozen in place while Matt took his shower. Her lips were tingling still, and her heart was fluttering. She wanted to feel it again...that kiss. It was like nothing she's ever felt before. But there was so much they should keep in mind, so many things more important than them they should keep attention to.

But, I -

Time passed faster than she'd thought, and Matt had returned from the bathroom, washed and in boxers. He sat beside her and that was all it took.

"So um, what do you feel like doing?."

Jodie's lips answered quickly, laying upon his with an answer to everything. A hand reached around his neck and her cheeks were dotted with tears. For such a long time she was a loner, fighting to survive only to be alone again. Now, she has a reason to fight, a purpose, and even if she's incapable of figuring out a solution to her trials, she's found someone who will be there for her. It felt so good to not be alone.

(( Thats okay))

When he felt Josie's lips on his eyes where wide with shock but he relaxed and closed his eyes leaning into the kiss. When he brought his hand to her cheek and he felt the wetness he opened his eyes to see it was tears. Matt pulled away breifly and wipped the tears away and smiled. " Dont cry please im here for you". He pressed his lips against hers once more.

The kiss was undescribable, her soft lips againt his. There was no rush no urge but only to live in the moment and savore the moment. They kissed so tenderly, his hand was on her waist and he leaned in more till he was hovering ontop of her. His body was reacting to the kisses and he felt all thr blood rush to his lower body. He wanted to take things slow but he was so intuned with the kissing and touching.

"Don't cry please, I'm here for you."

"I know..," the air motioned between their lips. But the exuberance she felt, the serenity that danced around them - it all felt so wonderful that all she could do was to cry in that happiness. Never has she felt such ways, for someone to love her rather than taking what they want with no care in the world.

Oblivious to her atmosphere, a sudden rush struck her when she felt her head settle on the pillow beneath her. She didn't feel any discomforts from her ailments, or nervousness, or fear... Not with Matt. Even though this was the first time they've ever expressed their deeper feelings to each other, she didn't feel nervous. She was safe with him, safer than she's ever been since the nation fell.

Her arms wrapped around his neck and her fingers teased his hair. She was so lost, warm beneath his form, but a sudden shutter danced across her flesh like a cold front before a heat wave. Her need for more seem to drive her forward, as if begging for more nourishment after starving for so long. She didn't want to rush...but, she didn't want to end the night. She wanted more, but wanted to keep what they had pure. Such a conflict, and a contradiction; Josie was at odds, but she didn't want to let Matt go....

Matthew was so lost in her kisses and her touch he didn't want the moment to end. When her hands played with his hair he nibbled on her bottom lip softly and teasingly. His hand tugged on her shirt and he pulled it up slightly but then stopped not wanting to over step his boundries. She had been through so much with guys taking things by force he didn't want to ruin the moment.

The kisses were sweet and tempting at the same time and he was loosing control around her. He was becoming aroused by it all. Sliding his tounge in her mouth to deepen the kiss he then kissed down to her cheek and then her neck kissing and softly nibbling. " I..we should stop or im going to loose comtrol and i dont have protection".

Josie giggled playfully when Matt nibbled her bottom lip, feeling more freedom in expressing her joy. She felt his hands lightly lift her shirt and then stopped - which only confused her a bit. But his kisses continued to speak to her, a heavily laced concoction of pleasures and delights with just a hint of...control? Why was he holding back? His dominance within his kiss was easy to read, and the deeper he kissed, the more she reacted with moans of delights. But, then he stopped...

Josie gasped, trying to catch her breath. A confused looked crossed her face. "What's the matter?"

"I...we should stop or I'm going to loose control, and I don't have protection."

"Oh...true," It was logic, pure and simple, but one that she hated to acknowledge. And then she smiled, "No one's ever cared before..." His apprehension only make him more desirable. "But, whatever happens...I'm in good hands."

Matthew smiled slightly when he heard Josie giggle. When she looked at him and smiled and told him " But whatever happens....im in good hands". He looked at her for amoment and stroked her cheek. He had to admit he was nervous, if she got pregnat he didn't want to hold her back from things and they way things were..the territory wars.

He kissed her softly before pulling up her shirt slowly and taking it off, his hands were at her wasit and then they pulled off her shirt as his lips were on hers with a bit of force. He knew he was loosing control and he didn't want to stop. He then removed her underwear and his member rubbed against her. Kissing down her neck and his tounge explored the rest of her body. Taking off his boxers he looked at her " are you sure about this?". He was egar to be with her to love her and make her feel the pleasure but he wanted to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.