It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's a Dog Eat Dog World

She unfolded herself and picked up the picture. The little boy was a splitting image of Matt, just younger. Josie leaned back slightly, lifting the picture well enough for her to compare with Matt's features.

"He's your little twin," she smiled, then handed the picture back. "Cute little guy... do you have an idea where he could be, or if he was taken?" Josie scooted back in her seat, lining up beside Matt. She was interested in his plan, finding that he had his own vengeance to fight for. "I'm curious - they might be the same Dog group that kidnapped me before..."

Matt smiled when she said he was his little twin, he had always looked out for his brother...Daniel. " Thanks but i have no idea where he could have went, we were together before and i had just finished feeding him and we were in the slum apartments and some guys knocked the door down and tryed to seal our stuff. I remember giving him a bagpack with some food and bottled water and i told him to run... i managed to escape and get my wrench and bag".

He sighed and then tapped his fingers on the hay. " No i never thought about him being taken by a group..i.. i just want to know if he's okay and ill do anything to get him back". He placed the picture back in his wallet and then looked down at the ground.

The sadness in his voice, in his body language - Josie remembered those emotions, and hated them. She knew what Matt was going through, in a sense. But what she knew was what his little brother was feeling, if he was kidnapped.

Josie placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'll help you find him," she said, hoping this would lift his spirits up a bit. "I know a few people who run info networks. When we get out of this place, we'll head East to Yellows. It's not far from here. If we can find Ace, we might be able to get access to the trades...find who's pushing younger kids through. That's a start."

There was a lot of things she learned when she was taken, thrown into a medieval trade system - and sold.

"If we're lucky, he won't be too deep in the system. What's his name, by the way?"

((Hey, she's going to give him the 20 questions about what he remembers about that day his brother was taken. Matt may want to know what happened to her as well. There might be some clues that she can recall that will help as well. If you can, come up with something unique about the abductors. something they can tell Ace that might help identify which Pit Territory has him. That will be the reason why they end up entering into a territory in the first place.

When we get to that, then we will start Act 2 and start some major inviting.))

Matthew felt slightly relived when Josie rested her hand on his shoulder, he knew he couldn't find him on his own and if he was taken captive then he needed Josie's help. " His name is Daniel but i call him Danny, he's 7...yeah i know theres a huge age gap between us because when my dad got out of jail i was already a teenager when he got my mom pregnat again".

He looked at her and then gave a weak smile " You know your not that bad once people get used to you but how come you know so much about the dogs and the trading system?". He was curious to know and he wanted to know exactly what was going on.

When Matt commented about being a nice person, she rolled her eyes. "HA, you're just lucky to be worth keeping around. Any other time, I would had bit your head off, skinned you alive, and opened your gut for the wolves." She chuckled to lighten the atmosphere, but - in all honestly, that would have been her first response to her first impression of him.

Good thing that all bad things come to some good conclusions.

Josie bit her lip when he asked about her vast knowledge of the Pits. "Well, when you're forced into the Trade, the only way to survive is to learn as much as you can."

She tucked her knees into her chest again, a nervous action when she started talking about herself - either from lack of personal security, or from her personal insecurities.

"My father and I were attacked by The SandDogs eight months ago. They're a large pit territory east of here. They tortured me to force me father to join them. When he refused, they killed him and used me until they were tired of me. Then they sold me to the Trade. I was purchased by a small territory named the Razor and was...used...for various jobs, but was found to be too hostile and uncooperative. They sold me to the Trade again, and that's when I met Ace."

She unfolded slightly, stretching her arms out over her knees and sighed. The story was difficult to go through, but was hard to see. Josie was rather good at keeping up a strong poker face.

"Ace was once a Recordskeeper for the Trade. He'd noticed that it was my second run through, and kindly asked what was up. Of course, I didn't trust him, but when he learned what had happened to me, he automatically started helping me. Turns out, he was trying to help out all the kids there - he was a spy. I don't know what had happened to him for a long time, but he got me out of there, along with a few others. We were sent to Yellows, and that's where I'd ran into the Information Super Highway."

She completely relaxed now and turned to Matt, "The Yellows have spies everywhere, even in the Dog Pits. They've been collecting information about the Dogs and the Trade, and sending it to the Yellows. If anyone knows anything about what's happen to Danny, they would. Ace works there now, that's what Grant told me when they found me wandering towards the sanctioned territory of Eisenhower. We were in the free territory of Sunlock when we were told a military convoy was heading to take over. Grant wanted to head to Freemont then. That's where we were heading before we found you"

Matthew closed his eyes intaking all of the things that she said, he felt bad about what they did to her and he opened his eyes and patted her shoulder " Im really sorry you had to go through that.. i dont know what i would have done if i was in your situation same with your father". He watched as Josie shifted uncomfabally and he frowned. " Dont worry what they did to you wont happen again i hate..people who do those things". He looked away before speaking again.

" My mother..i hate her, i would barley even call her a mother. She was a prostitute and sold her body to random men, when she didn't get enough money she used to beat me, punch me and kick me telling me how she hated me and i was a mistake and the only reason she kept me was becaue my dad told her not to get and abortion. Once she even offered me to some guy so she could get some drugs and then she got hooked and that was after she had danny."

He leaned his head back and gritted his teeth and then realized his hands were trembling. " Basically i raised myself and danny until my mother died infront of us..look once we do what we have to do and then leave the faster we do the faster we can meet ace".

It was a surprise to learn about Danny, but now Josie was doubly surprised to hear how much Matt had gone through himself. That explained everything to her now; how this stranger seemed to show so much emotion about her safety when they were before the Church. There were so many layers to this guy - she was starting to wonder between the two how many were counted - or uncounted.

"I can't believe you two had to go through so much...especially Danny, being so young. You truly have a strong heart."

When she saw his hands trembling, Josie showed more heart for his fight. She rubbed the back of his hand, hoping it would calm him. "No matter what, we'll make everything right again... even if it's just in our little world." She tried to catch his eyes, hoping to pour some of her hard-earned strength in him, "Danny'll be okay, alright, especially if you stay focused... and we get some sleep."

"They're in the barn. Please, where's my husband?"

"We'll send him to you when we're done." A dark figure stood over Carol, who sat hunched and scared in her chair.

"I did what you told me to. They don't know anything. Please, my husband..."

The dark figure nodded to the other figures in the room and they all dispersed, hiding in the darkness to wait for their orders. Carol remained in her seat, knitting with shaking fingers.

Mathew felt a slight bit of reflif when she rubbed his hand and he looked at her with sadden eyes. " I really hope Danny is okay.. i dont know what i would do with myself if he was hurt or worse". When Josie gave him some words of confidence he smiled slightly and thought about the good things instead of the bad. " Your right if i stay focused then will be able to find him so we should rest up. He pulled Josie into his arms and hugged her burting his face in her neck for a moment and then he let go and layed on the sleeping bag. " Im sorry..". He alologized softly before closing his eyes.

A hug...

After so long hiding and standing so tough in this hostile environment she's been forced to endure, a hug was almost foreign to her. Josie was about to throw him in a head lock, or something, until she recognized the warmth of gratitude and care within the embrace. Her tensed body eventually relaxed and Josie returned the hug, finding that she needed on just as much as he did.

Matt tucked himself in his mat, apologizing for his actions. Josie sighed, quickly wiping her wet eyes, "No, no need for that...I understand..." Before he looked up to see her, she turned to her side, pulled up her blanket and settled for bed herself.

In the back of her mind, she cried, for Matt, for Danny, and for her dad. He hugged her like that... She's almost forgotten how his hugs seem to squeeze out her pains, wringing them dry so she could see better things. She was determined to make sure Matt will be able to do the same for his little brother...soon.

((K, I've got to go. I'll be back later on tonight. Later! ))

Matt closed his eyes for awhile but then woke up suddnely because of the nightmare he had often and the fact that he was thirsty. He sat up slowly and saw the Josie was sound asleep. Putting on his shoes he reached in his bag quietly and retrived his pocket knife and placed in in his pants pocket and then he slid out the barn.

He approached the house but he came through the back not wanting to make any nosie when he stopped breifly when he heard noises. The more he listened the more shocked he was. They lady Josie had befriended was acting as if she cared so they would be on her land and those men would capture them. He quietly snuck out the house and ran back to the barn shaking josie awake. " Hey! wake up its a set up!".

Snug like a bug on a rug, Josie seemed to dream about the good old days, when she use to go to school, use to ride with her dad to the lake for fishing and hiking, or up north to go skiing in the winter. When was the last time she's seen the ocean? Or seen the sky from 20 thousand feet?

"Hey!"

Josie mumbled something incoherent and continued to snooze, but the shaking grew stronger... turbulence?

"...Wake up, it's a set up!"

"What!" She shot up, automatically flashing her fish knife that she held tightly in her right hand, hidden under her head in the hay. When she realized that it was Matt, she gave him a startled look, "What do you mean a set up? What's going on?"

Suddenly, two men in dark military like uniforms ran inside, followed by another who seem to take his sweet time. Ah, that's what he meant by set up? Josie pulled herself up to her feet and pulled her machete from her side. "Who in the hell are you?"

The men didn't speak, only surround them, unarmed and very much easy pickings. Josie smirked, "You've got to be kidding me?" She didn't wait for Matt, or formulated any strategy, only attacked the closest one possible. Underestimating the guy, he ducked and parried away from her line of attacks, avoiding her blade shockingly fast. But, what Josie didn't realize were their black glove - they were lined with metal.

When the man sent a right cross to her lower abdominal, Josie cried out in agony as several ribs broke under the blow. Air escaped her lungs and she doubled over, falling to her knees gasping for air. Even in such a state, she still held onto her machete. Weakly slashing it too and fro, she was trying to hit the man's legs, but he stepped on the blade causing her to drop it. A steel-toe boot hooked under her chin, throwing her back into the hay.

Her lip was bleeding badly and she was seeing stars. Josie tried to move, but her ribs and lungs protested. All she could do was gasp for air.

The man turned towards the fight going on behind him. Matt now found himself standing one against two.

he other man in black, walked around the action. His men were keeping the guy occupied. He made his way to Josie's side, checking to see that she was still alive, but very much out cold. The damage she's sustained will definitely get them in trouble with their leader, but we will get what he wanted. Carefully, he picked the girl up and began to exit the barn. A black sedan, nicer than any vehicle seen in actual working order, was waiting outside.

Matthew watched as the men came into the barn. It was two of them and then the third one came in obviously the leader or whoever was running the guys. Before matt could speak or do anything Josie attempted to attack the guy beside her only he was much faster and seemingly stronger then her, sending her into the hay.

He gritted his teeth and tackled the man to the floor pressing his face into the floor when the other man kicked him in the head sending him flying into the wall. He got up quickly and then lunged a punch at the man only for him to dodge it but his other hand conected and the man fell back. The other man who was on the floor grabbed him from behind and the man he had punched hit him square in the jaw. it hurt alot but he ignored the pain. Using his elbows he hit the dude behind him and when he lost grip, matt slamed the guy infron of him into the wall.

Looking over he saw the third man pick up Josie and attempt to carry her out the barn. " JOSIE!!" he screamed as then man grabed him and slammed him to the floor knocking the wind out of him. He strugled to get loose and punched the man multiple times before the other one slowly stood up.

The two men worked the guy over until they were satisfied that he would not get back up. Happy at their handiwork, they left him where he'd landed, exiting out the door and sliding into the sedan. It drove off without a sound.

Carol watched through her window, sobbing into a handkerchief. She was scared, not knowing what they would do to her husband, or the young girl. Once the men had left, she grabbed what she could and rushed to the barn to find Matt.

"I'm so sorry," she began, trying so hard to prove her innocence. "They have my husband...they were going to kill him if I didn't do this... I don't want anyone hurt, but they said they...they would..." grief and guilt clogged her throat and she began to sob into her hands.

Matthew could taste the blood in his mouth and his body acked all over. He picked himself up but was hunched over and he coughed spitting out blood. He staggered slightly and then panted to catch his breath. When the women came in sobbing he wanted to kill her but he resisted the urge. " Where the hell did they take her!?". He slowly grabbed his bag and then pulled out his wrench and put it under his shirt.

" Look you got to help me first we need gas for the bike and next to bring me to where there keeping Josie". He winched in pain once more and he spit again watching the blood on the floor. He was pissed and he leaned on the wall looking at the woman.

Carol calmed down enough to speak clearly, "They took her to the Church, but you can't enter from the front. You'll be caught. Here," she handed him a clergy robe of some type and a ID card.

"You can enter from the back, through the service door. From there, take the stairs down into the old dungeons. There will be a door marked with a gold cross. That leads to the older portion of the underground tombs. They would have taken her there. They have a hidden room there, a treasure room of sorts..."

She moved to the other side of the barn, lifting up a trap door, she pulled out a hunting rifle, and a five gallon jug of gas. "This is all I can offer you, but it will get you there. And the gun is loaded."

She pulled a box of ammo from her apron pocket and placing it in his hand, only to sandwich them in hers. "They have a dungeon down there as well, where they keep their prized slaves. My husband - he's been captured for the female leader. Find Harrison for me, please... I beg of you! I will try to get more help, to help you escape with your things... Just please, find him!"

When Carol showed him the rifle and ammo and the gass he nodded and pulled the bike out from the hay and filled up the bike with the gas. He put the robe on and then placed the id in the pocket of the robe before grabbing the rifle and putting the ammo box in his bag. He looked at Carol and nodded " Ill find him for you".

He got on the bike and drove tword the church stopping the bike a few feel away and he went through the back just like Carol had told him. He showed one of the men his ID and they let him past. He headed downstairs and looked around to see a man back turned tword him. He snuck up behind the man and knocked him out with the wrench and dragged his body out of site before slowly opening the door with the golden cross.

Looking around he saw chains and dirt all over, the clanking on moving chains drew his attention and he pulled the rifel from under his rode and clenched it in his hands. He followed the nose to see a man chained up. " Hey are you Harrison?". He looked at the male over and then looked at his chains.

Jodie felt horrible, light headed and soaked and wet. Her eyes flickered and she found herself hanging from a pair of wrist chains that were welded into rock... She kicked her feet to find them secured to the floor in a similar fashion

"What...where am I?"

Her eyes wouldn't adjust, but then again they were fine. The room was dark, lit only by candlelight and a few large torches. It was like she's awoke in some medieval torture chamber... But instead, it was much worse.

The walls were covered with large holes, and in each one there were the remains of ancient leaders; skulls watched her with empty eyes. When she realized she was tied up with a whole bunch of dead people, a large bucket of water splashed in her face. She spurted and coughed up more of it, and opened her eyes again to find a stranger in a clergy robe dropping one bucket to pick up another one full to toss it in her face again.

"Stop!!" she hacked, coughing up more water. Her head dropped in exhaustion, only to find that she had been striped of her clothes, only her underwear was still present. The many scars that were displayed on her body claimed her as what she use to be - a slave for another. Down her thighs, across her back and stomach...she's endured a lot.

The recent wound in her back had reddened with the beginning stages of an infection, and her right side jutted out in a large swell that had turned three shades of bruised. There was a large cut under her chin that had finally stopped bleeding. The man who's duty was to wash her, had taken out a crude looking suture needle and grabbed her head. Jerking her head up and over, he began to just jab her jaw with the needle, giving her several quick stitches a she screamed and cursed. When he was done, and felt that Xavier would be satisfied, he called out and another man in robes entered with a set of keys.

Josie thought this was her chance. Beat the two guys down and run with all she's got. But, it was like they read her mind.

The new man stood beside her, handing the keys to the wash man. Then, without warning, she felt a large, penetrating pain begin in her back and slowly and methodically seem to expand throughout her legs. She screamed, feeling her legs and feet go numb. It was nice to not feel her ribs anymore, but the deadening medication just ended her marathon career.

They released the chains, letting her half-dead body drop like a sack of potatoes. Then, they picked her up by the arms and dragged her out the door and down the man-made corridors of the ancient catacombs under the church. The men took her to the secret chamber of Leader Xavian. They tossed her on the floor and left with a echoing thud of the lock. This room was lit better, and decorated like a personal chamber. She closed her eyes and dropped her head in defeat, feeling sick to her stomach from her pain, from the medicine, and from Carol's deceit.

Damn, I'm so fucking stupid!!!

There was no way Matt would know where to find her, and she couldn't defend herself, not like this... Her nightmares just returned to reality.

When the man nodded frantically Matt felt bad and wondered exactly happened to him. He looked at the chains and realized they were securly tightened and the bolts were loose. He easily unscrewed them and Harrison dropped to the floor. "Thank you so much i dont know how i can repay you ill do anything". Matt looked at him and then immeditally told him what was going on. " Look i need to find a girl in here okay i followed your wife's directions and all i found was you so i know there must be some other door, when you were in here did you see anything?".

" Yes i remember them dicussing what their plans were and things like that how they needed to please themselves and someone else. There was this guy who wouldnt listen and they took her into some secrect room before i was chained up i can show you".

Matthew nodded and then followed the man as he led him down the underground room where he looked around. The blood on the floor was fresh and Josie was the first thing that came to mind. As Harrison escorted him two men walked in their direction and were immeditally starttled.
" What the hell are you doing here?!". One of the men asked but Matt didn't wast time. He shot the man who went to charge him in the face and then pointed the gun at the man. " Where is the girl!?". The man started to tremble obviously scared. " Look okay ill show you just dont shoot me".
The man showed them the room but it had a lock on it. " Open the door" He ordered the man.

((Do you want me to control Xavier, or are you?))

Josie could hear someone in the room with her, could feel them strolling around her, slowly closing in. She lifted her head slightly, but the tears and dirt blinded her. "Please, just let me go. I did everything you guys asked..."

There was no answer, but a pair of large hands grabbed her under her shoulders and dragged her across the floor. She began to scream and tried to fight out, but the hands were strong. They lifted her high, allowing her numb feet to somewhat stand on their own. She could hear a deep chuckle before her - a dark shadow of a man's face was all she could make out. Then, the man threw her on something soft and springy.

She knew what it was - the satin sheets were a dead giveaway. Using her arms, she dragged herself up and turned over to see who was there. Wiping her eyes, she gained enough sight to see the face of the head leader of this territory. Those grotesque eyes, they still burned against her flesh.

"What in the hell do you want with me?"

( Ill let you control him for this part and i control)

The man trembled as he went into his pocket and then retrived the keys. He jamed it into the lock and then opened the door, the man went to run but he grabbed him and threw him on the floor and shot him. Handing Harris his wrench he walked into the room slowly looking aoround and seeing candels but it made the room clearer and he could hear the heavy breathing of a man and then Josie's voice.

Walking into the room further he saw the bed and then the man holding onto Josie, she was bruised and beaten and the same thing she went through before was going to happen to her again. He immeditally charged the man and tackled him hitting him with the end of the rifel. " You fucking bitch if you touched her i swear to god!". He hit him again this time watching his tooth come out the mans mouth. Harris clenched the wrench and guarded the door incase and he watched. Matt beat him some more until his face was unreconizable and then he pointed the gun at the mans face in pure hatred and rage. " Your going to fucking die".

Status
Not open for further replies.