It's a bet.

Michael took out a pencil from his back and wrote something on one of the pages in her notebook. It seemed like she actually had a knack for this stuff. Though she had a rough exterior that seemed rather mean, was she actually nice? Michael put his hands through his hair and laid back. Was she actually like him in some way? He shook his head then thought back to his bet. If he got the money he'd be able to but a music book, which he wanted. He couldn't get it otherwise because his family was rather poor. That was all he was working for. Michael's mind began to wonder thinking about her then he stopped to put the book in his back-pack. Michael soon fell asleep and his dreams lifted him away.

An hour or so later he woke up and started his homework. Then after that he fell asleep yet again, but this time his dream was about Claire.

Claire woke up the next morning to her alarm, she turned it off before getting into the shower. After fifteen minutes she got out and dried off, she wrapped a towel around herself before going to get dressed. Claire picked out a small pink cropped off the shoulder sweater that had you're my favorite written on it with a gold heart from forever 21, she had a white lace tank top under it, dark Hollister shorts, and lastly white cheer shoes. Claire wasn't in the mood for heels and a skirt today, she blow dried her hair into its naturally straight form. Claire brushed her hair then her teeth, and she had decided to pull it into a ponytail. She put on a silver necklace that had a cross made out of Swarovski crystal on it, and she just put in pink diamond earrings to match her shirt.

Instead of an apple Claire grabbed a granola bar, she felt like eating that instead. Which she did as she went on her way to school, she noticed her car was acting strange but she ignored it not knowing what the problem could be and parked in her parking space. Claire looked around the parking lot before smirking, she carefully walked to the teachers parking lot. After doing what she needed she entered the school building going to her locker as usual, but oddly she couldn't find her French book which was her second period class.

Michael woke up with his backpack beside him. Did he fall asleep while reading the book? No, he just fell asleep because he had nothing else to do. He stretched his arms out as he yawned. Slowly he pushed himself out the bed to be able to put on his clothes. He pulled out a black shirt and a pair of jeans. He pulled his leather jacket over him then put on his back pack. It was around four or so and he got to eat some breakfast. He ate some oatmeal with apples on top of it. After that he walked to school. Michael go to school around five and sat around the library like he usually did. After an hour or so he got his books and kept all of Claire's also. Soon after he talked to his friends he noticed that Claire didn't have some of her books He remembered that he had them.

He could either give them back to her or keep them for himself. Why would he keep it to himself though. He already read what he needed and there really wasn't much he could do other than text people on her phone, but she was smart. If she couldn't find her phone she would shut it off and that would be the end of it. Casually he walked over to her and leaned against the locker next to hers. "You left your books outside yesterday, along with your phone." Michael pulled everything out and handed it to her. "For all you know some creeper could have snatched it, lucky I got it for you." Michael looked at her then put his hands in his pockets waiting until he had to go to first period.

Claire rolled her eyes when Michael came over, she had no idea what he even wanted now. Though when he said she left her stuff outside she gave him a glare as he handed it back to her, she knew exactly just how hints worked around this school. Michael had no idea what he just started, she closed her locker and took her things back from him along with putting her phone in her purse. Claire said nothing and moved right past him getting to her class, she heard the whispers but paid no mind. Shaking her head Claire knew rumors were going to start, and now she would have to deny all the questions people would be asking her.

"No." Claire said as she sat in her desk, she was already asked if her and Michael were going out. This was going to get tiring, she was not very happy with this. Claire knew it wasn't his fault but still, he could have given everything back privately. She would thank him later for it though, but just not in public. Claire sighed and ignored the people around her, she knew no matter how many times she denied it people would still make rumors and gossip about them now.

After he got the books to Claire he headed off to first period. The only thing on his mind was Claire. He knew that there was way more to her than he thought. It perplexed him. A popular chick that actually had a creative side. That's like a eagle that can talk. It can fly where ever it wanted yet it could do way more than if put out there. Michael got into his seat earlier than usual so he started writing another song. It was about mysterious things in life and how you can't just let them be. He etched away at the paper until his pencil dulled. Soon people started gathering in and the girl next to him poked him in the arm. "Hey, are you going out with Claire?" Michael was completely oblivious about what was going on. All he was doing was talking to the girl, and giving back her books. Just because of that people thought they were dating? "No, it's not like that." She tilted her head and sat back in her chair. "Definitely looks like you are," she said aloud."

The class started and he didn't see Claire yet. Was she coming?

"The teacher who own a red Honda civic please report to the office. Your car is being towed." The office lady said over the loud speaker and the teacher rushed out of the classroom, and Claire waited till she left before going in. Claire locked the door as she looked at the teachers keys on the desk and smirked, she set another set of keys next to them which were the principles. Claire hopped up on the teachers desk and sat on it, she took the sheet for attendance and changed it to say she was here. Claire set the sheet back down and swung her legs back and forth gently as she sat on the desk, she looked at her shoes absently thinking over cheer routines since they had a pep rally at the end of the school day to introduce the new sports players and cheerleaders. Claire thought the rumors and gossip were annoying, she hated telling person after person that she wasn't dating Michael. It was annoying since they just kept asking.

"No." Claire said as some guy got out of his seat and came up to her, she knew he was going to ask if she was dating Michael. He went to open his mouth again, but Claire beat him to it and held her hand up to stop him from speaking. "No." She said before putting her hand back on the desk as she never even looked up to the guy, she knew he was going to ask her out. Yeah Claire made the mistake of dating a football player once, and never will she do that again. Claire didn't even look his way when he turned and went to his seat, she tapped her fingers lightly on the desk boredly.

It wasn't a surprise when he saw Claire come to class. The sad thing was he knew something was up. As he heard the announcement he giggled a little but expected it from her. She really didn't care about this class. Why didn't she drop out to do something better? She could easily do something like this for the same credit. Michael watched as she did her usual routine. She changed the attendance list. Michael looked at her and shook her head as she swung her legs back and forth. Michael rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

Today the only thing exciting was the pep rally at the end of the school. Michael never really attended those because he usually liked to get home. Now that Claire was in the picture he had to go. If he was supposedly going out with Claire, he'd make it look like it. It's an easy way to get the money if if doesn't work out and if it does he still will be able to get the money. Michael looked to the person next to him and she gave him a funny look. "So are you going out with Claire?" He looked at the girl and nodded. The girl smirked and pulled out a notebook and started her work. It seems his plan was going to work.

Claire grabbed a pile of papers, she saw that they were their tests that they last took. Claire grabbed the teachers grading book and anyone who didn't pass she changed their grade to passing, so she changed the grades on their papers before passing them out. Claire didn't change her grade though, she got a 102 since to her the bonus question was easy. Claire put her test face down on her binder, she knew most people thought she was a dumb lined so to speak so she would let them think that. They could think whatever they wanted but that didn't make it true, and also she didn't want them to know who she really is. If they wouldn't make the effort to at least try then they didn't deserve to. Once the tests were passed out she went back to sitting on the desk, she crossed her legs before taking out her phone that Michael gave back to her.

Within seconds pretty much everyone who was anyone's phone went off, she texted them about a party at her house Friday. A pool party none the less, she actually enjoyed parties so with this stupid week she wanted something fun to do. There would be no alcohol, drugs, or parents though. She made it clear about the alcohol and drugs though, she didn't want to deal with that since she didn't do those things and didn't want them around her. Everyone knew better then to go against her word too so those things wouldn't be there, she hopped off of the desk and went over to the window in the classroom to look out it waiting for the bell.

Michael watched as she started to regrade the paper. It was like a knack of hers to do this. She was probably changing her score or someone else's score. Why, it didn't matter. She did it because she could do it. He wouldn't do it because he was a nice kid. He was always the nice kid. Michael was always taught to be nice even in the worst situations. It's the best way to go in his opinion. As he sat around for a little he rolled his pencil between his fingers.

Once everyone's phone went off he flipped his pencil across the room. He knew it was Claire. He looked to the girl next to him and shrugged. "Let me guess a party or something?" She nodded and he pulled out his little phone. He didn't get the text because he never really talked to anyone on it. He asked for her number and he put into his phone. It turned out he was going somewhere Friday.

Once the bell went off Claire was the first one out the door, she went straight to French class since she had a test in there. Claire happened to really like French actually, she took her test with ease and was the first finished. Claire grabbed her lunch from her locker once lunch time came around, she then headed to the locker rooms to change into the red and white cheer leading uniform as those were their school colors. Claire put the large red sparkly bow in her hair after she changed into the uniform, she had to change now since after lunch all the football players and cheerleaders had to go straight to the gym to prepare for the pep rally and get everything together.

Heading back out of the locker rooms in the uniform she just went straight outside, she didn't wwant to answer any more questions about her non existent relationship with some guy she didn't even know. Claire sat on the table out there- alone like usual- and pulled out her sandwich, she took a few bites before drinking some of her water. Claire pulled out her notebook to finish writing the story she was working on, but she was having this annoying little thing called writers block.

Michael continued on with his day. The only thing that mattered to him was the music part of his day but otherwise it was going OK. People are starting to ask him questions. It was different for him. He never had so much attention before and it was in a way getting to him. He really didn't know what to say. It was weird to him. So many people approaching him with a smile and asking him that question. It was a whole new world to him. To the question he was asked he said yes. This would boost his popularity and he could gain more friends.

After that he got his lunch he walked around for a little trying to find Claire. After he searched the halls he finally went out to the fields and found her. Michael walked over and sat at her table where she was writing. "So, I heard we were dating?"

Claire tapped here cool on her notebook thinking of what to write a she ate her food, she finally got an idea and started writing. This story was in a way a bit morbid, but she already finished a cute romance story so she wanted something different. As Claire was writing she didn't even notice Michael until he said something, she rolled her eyes at it too before looking up at him. "People are idiotic. I'll clear all that up at my party, so don't worry about it." Claire said since she didn't need people thinking they were dating when they obviously weren't, but it was always hard to stop a rumor once it spread like a wildfire.

"Oh, thanks for returning my stuff by the way. Most people would have kept it to use against me, so thank you." Sincerity in her voice and everything bough it was strange to her, she never thanked anyone before really since they never did anything for her to thank them. Claire shrugged it off and looked back down at her notebook as she continued writing, she didn't understand why people always tried to use things against her to bring them down. It's not like it would make them any better anyway, and she was only just living her life. She didn't see the harm in that.

He nodded at her remark. "Well then I guess my parading around like I have a girlfriend is not exactly right then." Michael smirked at Claire obviously joking but he was also being sincere. "So did you read my note in your book?" He asked this because he was now focused on the notebook. He didn't really know what she was writing. Was she writing a journal or something different. Michael relaxed and put his arms on the table looking at the notebook. He tilted his head a little trying to figure out what she was writing.

Claire shook her head at Michael's first comment, she thought he better not be acting like they were dating. Though her mind was pulled from that and forgot all about it when he made a second comment, she looked up to him with a mixture of looks. Curiously, confusion, and annoyance. "You opened my notebook, and wrote in it?" She asked expectantly since she didn't want anyone to know about it, and it was the second worse thing next to reading her diary. Her brother found that every once in a while, but back then he could only read simple words. Claire closed her notebook when she saw he was trying to read it, she really didn't want anyone judging her and critiquing her for liking to write.

"Well I wrote something nice if you want to know." He leaned back from looking at the book and looked at her. "If I intruded I'm sorry." Michael folded his hands and looked around. Then he noticed that she was wearing her cheer outfit. "So, I assume you are doing something at the pep rally. Anything special that I should be looking forward to?" Michael wondered if there really was anything that was going to happen. Most of their cheer routines were boring to him but he asked anyway because he was nice.

Claire gave him an uncertain look, she wondered what he wrote so she opened it back up to look for it. "What page?" She asked curiously to save her the trouble of looking through each page, she found it more convenient just to ask. As for his question though Clare shrugged, she didn't think any of it would interest him. "We'll there are our cheer routines, but the cheerleaders are also going to spend the last part of the pep rally entertaining. I know a few girls are putting a dance together, I'm singing, and our only guy cheerleader is going to preform a lot of different stunts." Claire said as she waited for the page number, and personally she loved pep rally's. they were actually fun in her opinion, but probably because she just likes entertaining people.

Michael watched her flip through her book. He knew she would find the little note and probably laugh. "It's the last page of the book." She turned to the last page and saw a little note saying, "you're pretty good." Michael looked out at the field for a moment to gather his thoughts. "Well I guess that sounds fun. I mean it's never really interested me but I'd like to see it." He turned back to Claire waiting for her to be able to see the page. His mind started to unfurl with nervousness and worries. What was she going to say?

Claire nodded and turned to the page, she read the note and looked at the note before closing her notebook. "Thanks, but just don't mention this to anyone." She said sternly before looking back over to him, she nodded when he said he'd like to see it. "Okay it should be fun actually. Well at least I think it will be." Claire said with a small shrug, she then closed her notebook again and stood. Claire brushed down her cheerleading outfit after she stood, she had to go get ready now. "Well I gotta go." She said as she shrugged and grabbed her stuff, she then headed to the gym to get ready for it.

Michael watched her walk away. After he saw her head toward the gym he got up and started walking around. It was odd, he sort of wanted to go to the gym. He still didn't like her but he wanted to see what was to happen. He still needed to find out more information on her. To be able to get the money he needed to figure her out. He knew that she was arrogant, not very understanding, mysterious, and pretty. That was not in his top five "things I want in a girl", list. Michael continued his walk until he was in front of the gym. With a sigh he went in and took a seat next to his friends. Michael looked around and waited for the events to unfold.

Claire waited for the music to start, and when it did she and the other cheerleaders ran through a poster to their spots. Claire choreographed all of the cheers of course, she was captain so that was her job. The dance they did had some pretty risqué moves in there, and the look on the principles and teachers faces were priceless. Claire knew she would get in trouble for it later, but it was so worth it. Once the cheer was over she introduced herself and the other cheerleaders before introducing the football team. When most of the pep rally was done, and the seniors won the spirit stick she moved on. Claire had each of the cheerleaders prepare a talent so some danced as she said, the only guy did his stunts, others played instruments, and lastly it was Claire's turn.

Positioning the microphone stand in front of her she waited for her cue, and Claire could sing very well actually. This was the first time she was showing it, but she saw no reason to before. They needed something to do for the big pep rally, so this was the perfect idea. Claire was singing Skyscraper by Demi Lovato, and this song was very very personal to her. Though everyone assumed she chose it since it was popular, but that was not the reason. As the smoke clears I awaken and untangle you from me. Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed. Those were probably the most important lines to her with what happened. Abused, drugged, and had something very personal taken away from her. By the end of the song Claire put true emotion into it, she smiled and wrapped things up since she was on the verge of tears. Claire just covered it up well, she was the first person out the door though, she grabbed her stuff and got straight into her car after. Claire buckled but she didn't go anywhere just yet, she didn't want to drive at that very moment so she set her head in her hands to wait a moment or two.