It Took One Look (Ocean x Tragic Trees)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmm, a pirate ship came and tried to take you away, but you fought them, with your awesome ninja skills." Said Tay, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Obviously that didn't happen. You accidentally walked into the janitors closet, but as you walked in there you discovered it was a world like Narnia and you fought the evil witch and then came back before school ended." August chimed in with a smirk.

Tay chuckled before, shaking his head. "Alright, tell us what happened."

"First of all, both sound more amazing than the actually tale I have to tell here." He said, snorting in amusement "Secondly, Mr. Micah 'I Eat Other People's Pride for Dinner' came up to me and said sorry. Isn't that crazy?"

He thought it was, at least. The guy actually acted like he cared for his wellbeing, which Oliver still assumed to be false. After all, Micah wasn't the nicest of people. Actually, he was probably at the other end of the scale, to be honest. If there was a award for being a total asshole, chances are he would get it. Oliver wouldn't say the guy wasn't attractive, but that didn't give him the right to act like he owned the whole goddamn school. That was insane! And yet, everyone adored him. It was odd, from his point of view.

August turned around in her seat, looking at him as though he head two heads. "Micah? As in the big meat headed douche that goes to our school, Micah?" She asked.

Tay too was surprised, but he was driving so he could look at him. "He said he was sorry...Like the actually words formed in his head, and came out of his mouth, and he said them to you?" He asked, arching a brow.

"No fucking way! That's.... Insane! You sure your not like...pulling out leg?"

"He said them! More than once! And asked for my damn NAME!" Oliver exclaimed, leaning back once more "I was just minding my business in the library, when he comes over, and is, like 'did you have anything to eat?'. I was freaked out! And unhappy. It was uncomfortable."

He sighed, getting comfortable in his seat once more "But, yea. It happened. You think HE'S pulling MY leg or something? I'm not keen on getting beat up. I like my face the way it is, you know. Less bruises than freckles. And I have, like, 1 freckle."

Oliver had never really gotten beaten up in his life, and he wanted it to stay that way. While some boys liked picking physical fights, Oli would much rather a fighting match or a debate. Much less money used on hospital and doctor bills, and a lot less pain. It even felt a bit better if you won an argument without your fists, in his opinion.

"What?! He asked for your name?! That's weird..." Tay exclaimed coming to a red light so he turned to look at him with a smirk. "You should have said you didn't eat, maybe he would have bought you food. I heard his family's loaded." Snickered the teen boy.

August was busy thinking, her light gray eyes were storming with ideas, wondering what this meant. Micah wasn't the type to just...Be randomly nice. Turning back around to look at her, she said, "I wouldn't trust it just yet. If he talks to you again, just like...Test him out a bit, ya know? Don't dive right into it. I don't know why he would be nice all of the sudden."

"Maybe he felt bad guys. Maybe Micah is a kind guy." Tay said. It was quiet for a moment before a burst of laughter came from both Tay and August.

Oliver rolled his eyes "Micah? Nice? Next thing you're going to say is that he is humble." He grumbled, yawning "Which is untrue also. Hell, if he talks to be again, I'm just going to try and leave. I'm not for getting jumped by the popular kids, and imagine his GIRLFRIEND being there." He made a face "I'm pretty sure I'd just head for the first bridge I could find."

He had a feeling they would never interact again, though. After all, as they had said, Micah wasn't nice. He wasn't humble. He didn't normally ask people if they were okay. If he was doing this, it was for a reason, and Oliver wanted no part in it whatsoever. He didn't want trouble, and trouble was bound to come with the guy and whatever he wanted. So, he'd avoid the popular students, as he normally did, and hope that life would continue on as usual.

A few weeks past from that day,and strangely Micah would randomly ask Oliver if he was okay, and whatnot, at least once a week. Micah's wolf was basically growling in his head every day now to mark his mate, but...He didn't know how to approach him. It was causing him to mentally grow crazy. And the fact that Oliver and Taylor were almost always together was making his wolf want to snap Taylor in half.

Currently that day, Taylor was sitting with Oli in the library at study hall. Now he and Oliver didn't have the same study hall, by Taylor was skipping one of his classes, complaining that it was a bit too much for him. "So why do you think he's bothering you so much?"

Oli shrugged, sketching out the features of Taylor's face. He often used his two friends, and the twins also, as models for his sketches and paintings. It was nice to have something to look at, especially when in school, where the only photos were of historical figures and ancient greek statues. So, today's victim was Taylor, as he complained about the class he was missing at the moment. Oliver wasn't one for skipping classes, but he wasn't about to berate the other for skipping out; it could become annoying, at points, to sit around and learn without anyone else to talk to in the classroom.

He glanced up momentarily, to answer the question and to get a good look at Taylor's face. "I don't know. It's beginning to get annoying. I've tried to avoid him, but, clearly that isn't working well. It's like I'm on radar or something." The artist grumbled, looking down once more "He's probably trying to find a way to harass me. Or maybe he's trying to murder me with kindness. Again, I have no clue whats going through his head.''

Just as he opened his mouth to answer, the smell of a delicious cologne, and a hint of sweat came in, as Micah walked over to the two.

His eyes were burning silver seeing that boy around his mate,yet again. Those two were always together! A deep, and rather animalistic growl came from him, before he looked at Oliver. "Oliver, can I um...Speak to you. Alone." He hissed out the last word, his eyes sliding over to Taylor.

Taylor caught the hint easy, grimacing a bit. He then stood up slowly. "I'm uh...Gonna go and get some...Water." He mumbled a dumb excuse, before leaving.

Micah looked down at the boy, before taking a seat with him with a sigh. "...I can tell you don't like me very much....But I'm trying to be your friend Oliver. Why won't you let me? I never did anything to you."

Oliver paused, before closing his sketch book and placing down his pencil. He leaned back in his chair, arms crossed, and looked at the other. Maybe, possibly, if he gave a reason, the guy would leave him alone. That would be fantastic, because this? This could definitely draw attention to him, and he didn't want that. He didn't want to be seen with a popular kid. That would be a nightmare, really.

He sighed "Look. You haven't done anything to me specifically, but you're kind of a dick to everyone in general, dude. That's reason number one." He began, raising one finger, and then, after a moment, another, "Two. You have no reason to be doing this. Color me suspicious, but.....yea. Sudden proclamation of friendship after you held me by the collar of my shirt? No thanks. Three! I want to survive highschool with two friends and live happily invisible til the end of my days. You're popular. I don't want attention draw to myself, and you do. You like attention, pal. I've noticed! And, lastly, we're different on a whole other scale."

He ended with that, opening his sketchbook once more, and wondering if the guy would go after being directly told all of this.

His wolf was whimpering loudly in his head. Hell, he could feel his own heart hurting. He told himself that he would only be his friend nothing more. He couldn't just not be in his life!

"...Okay look, lemme take you out after school, lunch on me. Lemme show you a good time. If you don't have a good time then you can tell me to leave you alone, and then I promise I will, deal?"

This was Micah's last and only chance. Micah slowly breathed in Oliver's intoxicating smell. He smelled so sweet. Something unfamiliar, but it was the most delicious scent. Mixed with a dash a mint. It was setting his wolf crazy.

Oliver paused, chewing on his lower lip a little, before sighing. He really couldn't decline, here. It was a chance to make the guy leave for good, and there was free food involved. The only part he was worried over was getting seen by Micah's friends, and especially his girlfriend.

He glanced up once more "........Fine. I'll tell Tay I don't need a ride home today, then." He replied, then added "I would NOW, but you scared him off, geez....."

He really didn't know what the earlier growl had been for, but it seemed to have startled off his friend. Which made him a bit uncomfortable, but he supposed it was for the better at this point. He had no doubts that Tay would come back after Micah left, after all. They really hadn't finished their conversation, and Oli would actually like to finish it. He had a feeling Tay would to, after this incident.

"Well you two are always together, I though you could use some space." Grumbled the teen. Was that... Jealousy in his voice?

Micah blinked, looking at the sketch book, before smiling a bit. "So you draw? Can I see a few of them?" He asked, leaning in a bit, running his hands through his own dark hair.

"Surprisingly, I LIKE to talk to my friends." Oliver shot back, but obliged, moving the sketchbook over to show the art "And he was my model, as he usually is. And now he is off doing who knows what." He sighed a bit "I'll finish it later, but again, geez. Threatening, man."

Now, up until a few months back, he hated showing off his art. It was something he didn't like to do. But, however, he realized that he couldn't be an art major if he didn't like showing it off. It would make his career fail entirely. So, he tried to push out of his comfort zone. This was a perfect opportunity for doing such, as here he was, with That One Popular Dude, and if he could show it to this guy? He was golden. Though, even though he didn't particularly like the guy, he still feared that he'd say something harsh about it.

"You're really good.." He whispered, though a part of him was jealous that he was drawing that guy. So he was his model often huh?

Grimacing a bit, he turned to look at him, flashing him his million dollar smile. "Why not draw me? I'll be your model. I'm sure I'm a better model, with my looks and all." He teased, waggling his eyebrows at him.

Oliver wasn't expecting to get hate for his art, but he certainly wasn't expecting a compliment from the other student. He got a bit flustered, pulling the book back in front of him and looking down at it. He didn't actually believe he was too good at drawing, but it was nice to be complimented. He assumed everyone wanted commentary like that. Especially from Micah, as he didn't seem to hand out compliments too easily.

The next comment startled a laugh out of the artist, as he hadn't been expecting that either, and he lightly pushed Micah's shoulder with one hand. Then, he glanced over briefly, and said "Humble, aren't you? I mean, I guess since you're here and no one else is, you're my only option."

"And a rather good option, I mean come on? You don't see a face like this everyday." He joked, making a model pose, before chuckling it off.

"No, but seriously, I would love it if you drew me." He mumbled before sitting still, his eyes running over his features, trying to memorize the boy. He was studying him.

"Sure, sure, fine." He replied nonchalantly. It would be good practice, after all. Just drawing one person wasn't really good. So, he set to work, turning to a new page in his sketch book, and starting a new outline of a face. He glanced up every now and then to check for various features.

"You don't have to be a statue, by the way. You can move and talk and all that." He said after a brief moment, currently working on Micah's eyes.

His eyes were hiring a bright silver, this a sign of his wolf trying to push through. "Mm." Was his only answer as he watched the boy. He looked at how his lips softly parted, and how his deep blue eyes were intense and focused. Ugh this boy was so beautiful.

"I really want to be your friend Oliver." He randomly stated. "Like seriously."

"And I seriously don't know why." Oliver replied, still focused on his work "People just don't randomly look at other people and say 'gee, I'd like to be their friend'. Especially when they accidentally spill things on you." He shrugged "Can't really blame me for being a bit suspicious."

The other part of this would be that no one else would want to be friends with him in general. After all!, he kept shrugging conversations with other people off. It only took a bit til they stopped trying all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.