It Didn't Have To Be Like This

Blushing from such eye contact she locks her gaze to his and sort of stammers with her words, Spruce was not used to talking to people that were...so..."alive".

"eh-e...I don't go to College, I stay home and take care of my grandmother and Paint, I...I sell my work in the park on saturdays and monday evenings"

Sipping at her tea again, cheeks turning a deeper crimson, she disconnected their gaze and looked away.

He nods slowly 'That's where I know those eyes from.' He thinks. "Well, I should probably get home soon. My roommate gets mad if I don't start dinner by a certain time. Feel free to visit sometime." he begins packing his things. "Let me know if you hear anything" he gestures slightly towards the scene and stands up.

You suddenly hear a shout "Zach! Get in here!" Zach's roommate is shouting from a window. Zach sighs and yells back "Coming, mother!" He gives a slight smile to you before walking off.

Sprucesmall.jpg
Watching him walk across the street Spruce sits beneath her tree again leaning against its trunk, to shut her eyes. Humming a lulling sound as she smiles over the first encounter with another person she had in months. As she opened her eyes a shadow with beaming eyes sat in her face flickering in and out like static. Spruce dropped her tea and covered her eyes, closing them tightly. Upon opening them slowly She saw nothing, her head falling the the side resting on the trunk of her tree. Furrowing her brows she then looked over to Zach's home Blinking a few times before she let out a long frustrated sigh.​

There is something shining on the ground nearby. A pair of dogtags lay there on the ground. The next day was saturday and Zach walks to the park after yelling at his roommate about something. He has a sketch book and a tin case with charcoals with him.

Sprucesmall.jpg
Spruce sat at one of the park bench's Her easel set at half height and her paints neatly spread on her palette. The image of trees in the park as she saw them were displayed on the canvas. A shadow leaning against on the the trees in her painting but in reality the park was empty and it was still early in the day more people wouldn't arve for a few more hours. She saw Zach enter the Park, blinking, she placed her brush on the easel and watched as he approached.

He approaches and sits next to her on the bench. He is carrying his drawing stuff under his left arm, carrying the case for an instrument in his right hand, and has a bag held in his mouth. He puts down the case and the bag and sits next to you. "Morning."

Her honey pools widened as he sat next to her, Fer face turning red again, he thought we was only passing by. "M-morning Mr. Westcott, I h-hope you day is going well so far, mmm-m what brings you to the park?"

Her pink lips parted as she stared at him Her eyes were deep and easy to become lost in, so she never stared. Zach was becoming an exception to this rule. Spruce was surprised at his interest in her.

His eyebrow raises. "so formal. I'd prefer to be just called Zach, if you don't mind." He sits back and stares out at the trees. "You said you came here on saturdays. I didn't have classes, so I figured I'd drop by." He has a contradictory face. His eyes are a harsh shade of blue, while his mouth is usually twisted into an amused and curious grin.

Sprucesmall.jpg
She finally looked away,"sorry Mr.-...erm, Zach.." she said giving him her first gentle smile. She already enjoyed his company, sitting here alone for quite some time it was a pleasant change for her. SPruce tugged at her long messy braids and inquired "Yesterday, you said that 'you would show them how to do it'...I'm just curious. What did you mean?"​

He looks at her "There have been four people found dead in their homes or on the streets in the past few weeks. The rozzers have been chasing their tails, trying to figure out what to do, when all they need to do is open their eyes. And since they wont do that, I'm lending my own... without permission. I might get jailed if I try to turn him in with evidence found the way I find it."

Sprucesmall.jpg
"The way he finds it" she said picking up her brush and lightly stroking in shades of brown on to of the orange. There wasn't much for Spruce to say, she wasn't very get at talking, but an exceptional listener. only speaking when it was important. She was very curious about Zach and suspected his taking a liking to her had something to do with the pictures she took and the way she acted. she tried to act normal, but it never really worked out quite well.​

He realizes he's started rambling and shuts up. He just looks at his cases, annoyed that he has to carry them everywhere. He wished his roommate wasn't so... philistine. He cannot have art hanging in the living room. only in his bedroom. but his other things had to go with him because last time he left them at home, his violin strings had been cut and all his pencils broken in half. He hides his drawings and sheet music in various places like his closet and behind dresser drawers.

Sprucesmall.jpg
There was a pause between very three or four brush strokes, She enjoyed the park, it was public. Accidents usually didn't happen until night fall and when they did it was messy and evidence was left behind. she felt 'safe'. She waiting for him to speak she didn't mind listening to his voice.​

Ceilia screamed bloody murder when Lucy came close to her. She swatted away at Lucy, to defend herself. She felt cornered and helpness. The wider the door got the more she could see the untimely fate of her father. It was her fault. It was all her fault! She repeated in her head. She killed him. She killed him!! The voice in Cellia's head yelled at her.

((Sorry it took so long X , x ))

(by the way, I have several ideas for the murderer in my brain at the moment, I just have to decide.)
Every once in a while, he looks around, seeming confused. He eventually just picks up his music case and takes the violin out of the case.

Sprucesmall.jpg
Smiling, she forgot her woes and worries. Contently listening to his melody, Such beautiful sounds he expressed from his instrument. Spruce loved to listen to music and sing, often she would hum low, too shy to let anyone really hear her. Giving Zach a glance from the corner of her honey eyes, she began to nod her head to the measurements of his sound, humming along and continues to paint.​

He just practices the bit of sheet music he had in his case. His hands and fingers shake slightly as he plays, causing him to mess up a lot. He eventually gets frustrated and puts it away.

Sprucesmall.jpg
Painting the scene before them, she stays silent, feeling alittle sad when he stops playing. Falling leaves littered the air, fluttering carelessly, Spruce holds out her hand to catch an orange leaf with yellwish veins. How cute was the gravity around her, feeling a bit awkward from Zach's silence, she wasn't sure ether to speak or remain silent. Despite her thoughts and took respite to her quiet mind and carried on stroking her brush along the canvas. Dabbing new colors, filling in the layers, soon the painting was coming to life and looking more and more realistic.​

He stays quiet, hoping she breaks the painful silence. He hums silently to himself, staring out at the orange and brown autumn field.

Sprucesmall.jpg
She suddenly pointed at the trees that she had been so patiently painting and placed a stern grip at Zach's shoulder pointing , eyes wide. Then what she was seeing passed but the feeling she got was familiar, similar to what she felt near the house across the street from hers.​
She lossened her grip and held her head Taking a deep breath, feeling frustrated with herself, she looked up. "Would you like to go grab a coffee?" she asked as she looked back up at him.​
((so sorry for delayed post, been sick and busy and...bleh x.X, thank you fo being so patient <3))​