IT BEGINS: Grumpy wants to do more Chat RPs

• If you are still having issues editing your post, please try the following:
    1. Do a hard refresh of your browser to clear your cache.
    2. Change your username to include only alphanumeric characters, spaces, underscores, and dashes. Special characters are messing with things.
  • Top RP Sites
    Did you know that the Top Ten RP list helps to get us tons of cool new members? Vote every day in July and lets see if we can get #1!

CHAT RPS! WHAT SHOULD BE RUN?

• Apocalypse Cowboys

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • INFESTATION

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Childish Grumpino

all things are nothing to me
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER

So, last night/this morning Asmo, Diana and I played that Midnight Roads RP I've been boring you all to tears about over the last day or so. T'was quite a lot of fun; we had a good time of it.

For the last year or so, it's been an idea of mine to really try and get Chat RPs going on Iwaku; we've got nights were games are scheduled in the RP Chat, but often nothing seems to come of these. Now that I'm on holiday, however, I can devote some of my evenings/mornings to running these sort of RPs for folks who are interested.

I'd like to give you guys some choice when it comes to choosing what I should run; after all, you guys are the ones I want to join in and if the RPs I choose to run aren't interesting to you that isn't going to happen. So here's another Grumpy poll, for deciding what Chat RP should occur next.

apocalypse_cowboys.jpg

Apocalypse Cowboys is a Weird West RP through and through; set in an alternate 1889 where the world was destroyed by the cataclysmic return of magic to the world, you'll be playing as the badass mercenaries-for-hire, the gunslingers and magically-powered tough guys who roam the wastes, dispensing justice from the barrel of a gun. Think a Fistful of Dollars if the Man With No Name was also a mage of some description.

logo_infest.jpg

To put it in broad, silly terms, this is a Horror RP about "ZOMBIES, WAT DO". For reasons that will probably remain unexplained, the dead have arisen to attack the living. The world is in chaos; the numbers of the undead swell as the survivors begin to dwindle. You play a survivor of some description, forced to band together with others and fight for your very survival as you attempt to escape from a city overrun with the living dead.

And that's those for just now, folks. One of these RPs will occur next Saturday; I'd like you guys to decide which.

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
CHOICE HARD. DIANA SMASH.

I'mma roll with Apocalypse Cowboys. That sounds interesting. >:D

Childish Grumpino

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
When I first started roleplaying, I spent a number of years on a forum devoted entirely to zombie-related RPs. And I've watched so many zombie movies it's probably unhealthy.

So yeah, I could probably run a Zombie RP in my sleep (which is good, given how long I usually have to stay up for these Chat RPs).

For Apocalypse Cowboys, I'm watching all of the Sergio Leone trilogy and reading too much Deadlands. Got a vague idea for a plot for the RP, but I would love to hear suggestions from the players. Player involvement = moar fun, after all.

P

Palonis

Well, either of those would be entertaining. It's been a while since I've played something with zombies, but I like cowboys and fantasy as well. Decisions, decisions...

Childish Grumpino

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
I'd say that's a consensus right thar; this Saturday's Chat RP will be Apocalypse Cowboys, and I might run Infestation at some point this week if I have the time.

OOC will be up soonish. Cheers for participating, guys.