ISO Superhero Team

Futuristic tech and cities. Characters will have a mutated gene that was activated after a chemical accident, making them mutants. They'll have powers similar to those found in the Avengers, X-Men, or the Incredibles. Heroes have been accepted for the most part, but powered people are seen as needing to be kept under control, and regulated by the government. Anyone with powers that are not working for the government are kept under strict watch, with special laws that apply to them.

Hold up, exactly how big is this chemical accident? I mean, if our characters are going to be the only mutants in this rp, I guess the accident could be pretty small (maybe affected everybody in a room or something). Otherwise, I have a hard time imagining how a single accident besides something like poisoning a city's water system or a nuclear meltdown could affect more people.

Futuristic tech and cities. Characters will have a mutated gene that was activated after a chemical accident, making them mutants. They'll have powers similar to those found in the Avengers, X-Men, or the Incredibles. Heroes have been accepted for the most part, but powered people are seen as needing to be kept under control, and regulated by the government. Anyone with powers that are not working for the government are kept under strict watch, with special laws that apply to them.

Hold up, exactly how big is this chemical accident? I mean, if our characters are going to be the only mutants in this rp, I guess the accident could be pretty small (maybe affected everybody in a room or something). Otherwise, I have a hard time imagining how a single accident besides something like poisoning a city's water system or a nuclear meltdown could affect more people.
Imagine major meltdown. Airborne and waterborne experimental chemicals swept across the nation, and eventually the world. Cleanup became nearly impossible. Most people were unaffected by the accident, however, the people with the mutated gene developed mutations and/or powers.

• Sweet
Reactions: jeshem
The part I found confusing was where you said some register as superheroes, but those who are independent are being monitored. How are they being monitored if they avoided registration or - as an example of my character - their powers don't obviously link to their hero identities? There's got to be some people able to avoid registry or suspicion.

The part I found confusing was where you said some register as superheroes, but those who are independent are being monitored. How are they being monitored if they avoided registration or - as an example of my character - their powers don't obviously link to their hero identities? There's got to be some people able to avoid registry or suspicion.
Of course there are gaps in the system. If they avoid registration or are vigilantes operating outside of the law, they're considered criminals and are hunted. As a general rule, the only powered people allowed to actively practice their powers are A: those with low-level powers incapable of causing harm or B: those working for the government.

So that's those allowed, and someone like my character - who's originally out for revenge - is considered a criminal? I can work with that. Starting to think of small arc where she sort of redeems herself by registering after meeting the others.

So that's those allowed, and someone like my character - who's originally out for revenge - is considered a criminal? I can work with that. Starting to think of small arc where she sort of redeems herself by registering after meeting the others.
I'm not sure who your character is, so I can't confirm. However, I would like to point out that all starter characters will start out in the team- vigilantes and villains will be added later, as the story is centered around a group working for the government. That arc could work, but she wouldn't be able to be introduced until later. We don't want to start off with any loners, as that would be unfun to those who would be left without reactions.

However, as there is a two character limit, you could have a different character to start, and intro her once the roleplay advances to that point.

Last edited:
But we could have superheroes fighting each other if you guys try getting in the way of her revenge pursuit. Superhero fights are always cool. Even when it doesn't make sense why they're fighting, it's still cool to watch.

If we're stuck in a team though, I can be begrudgingly part of it. (I mean character begrudgingly. I want to be on a team, just thinking of how to pull in my character's backstory).

But we could have superheroes fighting each other if you guys try getting in the way of her revenge pursuit. Superhero fights are always cool. Even when it doesn't make sense why they're fighting, it's still cool to watch.

If we're stuck in a team though, I can be begrudgingly part of it. (I mean character begrudgingly. I want to be on a team, just thinking of how to pull in my character's backstory).
Some of the characters can be former criminals. She could have been reached out to with an offer- join the team, or be put in prison.

Quick update! The coding and planning is nearly finished! We should be live sometime next week!

Reactions: jeshem
Yay? Um...I've been confused about all this talk of coding and stuff, to be honest. Are we not just going to a thread here? If it's something my computer can't handle, I might not be able to do whatever all this coding is about.

Yay? Um...I've been confused about all this talk of coding and stuff, to be honest. Are we not just going to a thread here? If it's something my computer can't handle, I might not be able to do whatever all this coding is about.
Just BBcodes ;) It's going to be all hosted on Iwaku, no worries!

What are BB codes? I couldn't even figure out C++ in a beginner class in college.

What are BB codes? I couldn't even figure out C++ in a beginner class in college.
Just simple things to pretty up posts here. They can get pretty complex, though. Basically, it's the manual version of things that you can do in your RTE (the control bar at the top of your textbox). Things like special shades of colors, Google Fonts, accordions, or tabs are all taken care of by bbcodes.

Yah its just a way to be able to format your posts like this:

BBcode can be like this fancy box. Or just Bolds or Italics

Mark me interested. Sounds a bit like My Hero Academia.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I've read the rules and such, and have decided I will not be participating. I wish you the best of luck, though.

• Ah Seen It
I've read the rules and such, and have decided I will not be participating. I wish you the best of luck, though.
It's all good. Thank you for letting us know!

K so Boo is here for support^^

If ya don't gets your 6 RPers I'll submit an appie k

Or like if later on RPers start ghosting then I'll drop an appie off then k :]

I will lurk out for you!!@@!!

• Sweet