ISO Superhero Team

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Cicatrix

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
various afternoons and evenings, it varies week to week
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Typically passive, but I love collaboration and prefer that my partner at least be open to developing things as a team.
Favorite Genres
I'm most experienced with epic fantasy with modern fantasy coming in at a close second, and after years of watching from the sidelines I am getting into scifi. Most recently I have also taken an interest in super hero rp.
Genre You DON'T Like
Smut, slice of life, furry
Hey y'all, lately I've really wanted to do a superhero role play. I've got a few character ideas of my own and love seeing what other people bring to the table. I'd like this to be a small group of players, though it would be totally fine for someone to have multiple characters.

If you have your own concept or want to collaborate I'd be happy to discuss plot ideas with you. If you don't want to necessarily play a role in GMing but have some plot bunnies that might fit this genre, please let me know! I can't guarantee anything but I always love getting input from others to help diversify the story and keep everyone satisfied and engaged.

General feel I'm going for: Modern or near-future, full of wonders both good and bad thanks to the powers and sheer genius of many gifted individuals. There can be prosperous cities, crime-ridden cities, and everything in between. I'm thinking something similar (but not identical) to The Incredibles universe. I'd also like the Main Team to be mostly "good" alignments, one or two neutrals might be ok. If you want to play a villain let me know. If there's enough interest I think it would be fun to have a squad of Baddies working against our heroes.

Level: Elementary and/or Intermediate. Life is intense, so I'm looking for something fun. While I'd like effort to be put into basic grammar, characterization, structure, etc. I don't want this to be anything super formal. We don't need to fret over perfection in this rp.

neobendium

The Freak With Extra Teeth
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Most of the time MST
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Female
Depends on the plot, really.
Favorite Genres
Mideval Fantasy, SciFi, Modern
Genre You DON'T Like
I'm up for mostly anything. But I don't really like voodo and lots of magic. Don't get me wrong, I like fantasy and dragons and stuff....just not the magic part. That's weird to me. And no demons.
Hey! I'm always up for superheroes and I have a few plot ideas I'd love to bounce around with you. I'm up for being a co-GM with you, and while my coding skills aren't super great, I can at least help with prettying things up a bit. I also love organization and setting up character sheet templates, so I can help with that, too!

If you'd like to start something, let me know and we can bounce ideas off each other. Would you prefer to discuss here, or in a PM?

Cicatrix

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Typically passive, but I love collaboration and prefer that my partner at least be open to developing things as a team.
Favorite Genres
I'm most experienced with epic fantasy with modern fantasy coming in at a close second, and after years of watching from the sidelines I am getting into scifi. Most recently I have also taken an interest in super hero rp.
Genre You DON'T Like
Hey! I'm always up for superheroes and I have a few plot ideas I'd love to bounce around with you. I'm up for being a co-GM with you, and while my coding skills aren't super great, I can at least help with prettying things up a bit. I also love organization and setting up character sheet templates, so I can help with that, too!

If you'd like to start something, let me know and we can bounce ideas off each other. Would you prefer to discuss here, or in a PM?
I'd love to talk more about all of these things! Let's take the convo to PMs :)

Jessica2477

Your neighborhood artist
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
My Usual Online Time
All day
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Adaptable
Male, Female
I do like both my partner and I to be Aggressive players. But if they're the one who shoots out ideas one after another, I resort to being passive. c:
Favorite Genres
I like Fantasy, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Yaoi, Yuri, and Romance. Please do not be shy in bringing up another genre. I just might be interested in it ^^

I can do incest and Mpreg as well
Genre You DON'T Like
Furries (Nekos are fine), Beastiality, Huge age difference (Ex: 97 with 21, can do stuff like 18 and 30), pedophilia, My Little Pony, not too big on fandoms but I can give it a shot.

No love triangles or multiple romantic partners to a single character please. Unless the person is a pimp or a whore/slut, then that's fine. I do make a few exceptions, but only a few. Love triangles being introduced into the RP makes me want to fuck off.

There is rarely a time where I am looking for a straight romance. BoyxGirl stuff is just so boring to me. Unless the plot is holy shit fabulous, please don't come requesting a straight romance RP. Especially if you want me to play the guy because you only play girls.

CanonxOC: No, just no. Especially if it's with your OC. As bad as love triangles.
I'd be interested!

Hufflepug

We're werewolves not swearwolves
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
All the time
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
I am interested!

R-9 Pilot

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Female, Futanari, Primarily Prefer Female
I'm fine with both, as it can depend on the character and game. I do think I've got a bad habit developed st some point where I tend to avoid the spotlight when I should step into it, but I'm working on it. And when I decide there's been enough talk and it's time for action, I'll go out and do something.

I'm more used to tabletop RPGs where there's a GM and players, and while I'm comfortable in either role, when the expectation is for everyone to control NPCs or similar, I can flounder a bit as it's just not what I'm used to.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, anime, mecha, magical girl, superhero, cyberpunk, yuri
Genre You DON'T Like
Not too keen on traditional (Tolkein-style) fantasy, modern fantasy, or supernatural romance
I've got a character I might toss in because I think it's a fun concept. But I honestly don't know if I have the time. But hey, here's more interest. Or I'll like, toss the ideas your way to use as you see fit anyway.

jeshem

Cold, tired, sleepy
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner
Male
both
Favorite Genres
fantasy, scifi, modern, action
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance, furry
this looks fun. I'll stick around to see how this goes.

Cicatrix

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Thank you all for the interest! I will definitely keep you posted. neobendium neobendium and I are currently doing some preliminary world-building, plotting, etc. to prepare for an official sign-up! Stay tuned :)

R-9 Pilot

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
I'm fine with both, as it can depend on the character and game. I do think I've got a bad habit developed st some point where I tend to avoid the spotlight when I should step into it, but I'm working on it. And when I decide there's been enough talk and it's time for action, I'll go out and do something.

I'm more used to tabletop RPGs where there's a GM and players, and while I'm comfortable in either role, when the expectation is for everyone to control NPCs or similar, I can flounder a bit as it's just not what I'm used to.
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Not too keen on traditional (Tolkein-style) fantasy, modern fantasy, or supernatural romance
Looking forward to the world-building, as it's kind of important to me, at least. It's not right to create a character who doesn't fit the setting. Cape comics might be able to cover just about everything, but if there's specific flavors of things one should lean toward, it's good to know what those are.

Duwang Chew

♫børk børk børk♫
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Douche
No Preferences
There would also be the overall tone to consider, but it all sounds fun. Throwing my hat in the ring, anyway.

Crow

EVERYBODY RETS
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Male, Female, Androgynous
Anything goes, it's OOO!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
Genre You DON'T Like
Things without laserbeams or magic, Furry, Yaoi, Heavy Sci-Fi, and Zombies. Definitely Zombies.
Is this evolving?

neobendium

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Most of the time MST
Writing Levels
Primarily Prefer Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
I'm up for mostly anything. But I don't really like voodo and lots of magic. Don't get me wrong, I like fantasy and dragons and stuff....just not the magic part. That's weird to me. And no demons.
Is this evolving?
We are working on the rules and the plotline now. It'll probably take a week at the very least to post an OOC, but we are making progress, and will tag you all to confirm interest once it's been put up.

Crow

EVERYBODY RETS
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Male, Female, Androgynous
Anything goes, it's OOO!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
Genre You DON'T Like
Things without laserbeams or magic, Furry, Yaoi, Heavy Sci-Fi, and Zombies. Definitely Zombies.
We are working on the rules and the plotline now. It'll probably take a week at the very least to post an OOC, but we are making progress, and will tag you all to confirm interest once it's been put up.
Guess I'll judge the final product when it drops by.

R-9 Pilot

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels

Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
How goes the world-building?

neobendium

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Most of the time MST
Writing Levels
Primarily Prefer Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
How goes the world-building?
Fairly good. We're discussing rules, character sheets, and coding now. It's slow going, but it's going!

R-9 Pilot

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels

Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Cool. Good luck with the coding in particular. I'm not the type to be savvy with pretty presentation, in part because it can just take a long time to put together.

jeshem

Cold, tired, sleepy
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner
Male
both
Favorite Genres
fantasy, scifi, modern, action
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance, furry
I expressed my interest and then forgot to follow the thread, whoops.
Anyways, I'm looking forwards to what you guys have in store for us.

Quiet One

My God! It's full of Stars.
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Fine with both, though may occasionally slip into aggressive if no else if calling the shots.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, some fantasy, Mature. Anything that gets my gears going. Not opposed to Yaoi or Yuri.
Genre You DON'T Like
Fan-based. Prefer original ideas.
Is this still looking? I have a few superhero characters already, though they are a bit OP (one was deliberately OP for comedy reasons, kind of like One-Punch Man, and the other was OP because she was going to become a literal god). But could make a more grounded hero if there's clearer rules on what is/isn't allowed for origins and powers.

neobendium

Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Most of the time MST
Writing Levels
Primarily Prefer Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Is this still looking? I have a few superhero characters already, though they are a bit OP (one was deliberately OP for comedy reasons, kind of like One-Punch Man, and the other was OP because she was going to become a literal god). But could make a more grounded hero if there's clearer rules on what is/isn't allowed for origins and powers.
It's still in the planning stages, so anyone who expresses their interest so far is welcome. Once the OOC goes up we will be choosing who actually joins.