Isn't it amazing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes, absolutely. I find it amazing to think that my future partner - a real person, presumably - is out there, doing something. It's astonishing to think that a person is out there, doing something.
In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. I don't find someone going about their daily business and then happening to bump into me beautiful or mysterious in any way whatsoever. In fact, I think it's kind of boring.
"MY FUTURE WIFE IS WALKING THEIR DOG RIGHT NOW"
Wow! It's almost as if they do things a person with a dog would do. I know - strange, right?

Look, romance is a massive waste of my time unless it's in an RP, a book, a film, etc. I don't see beautiful coincidences or destined meetings. If you would like an idea of something I feel would make me happier than finding the person of my dreams, break a large stone into marble-sized pieces. Chew each individual piece into a fine paste. Swallow said paste. You have now experienced something I view as a more valuable experience than romance.

Reactions: Beatrix
Oh, yes, absolutely. I find it amazing to think that my future partner - a real person, presumably - is out there, doing something. It's astonishing to think that a person is out there, doing something.
In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. I don't find someone going about their daily business and then happening to bump into me beautiful or mysterious in any way whatsoever. In fact, I think it's kind of boring.
"MY FUTURE WIFE IS WALKING THEIR DOG RIGHT NOW"
Wow! It's almost as if they do things a person with a dog would do. I know - strange, right?

Look, romance is a massive waste of my time unless it's in an RP, a book, a film, etc. I don't see beautiful coincidences or destined meetings. If you would like an idea of something I feel would make me happier than finding the person of my dreams, break a large stone into marble-sized pieces. Chew each individual piece into a fine paste. Swallow said paste. You have now experienced something I view as a more valuable experience than romance.
But what if she's walking an exceptionally cute dog?

I don't really think about it. It's not that the idea isn't nice, but there's no such thing as a destined partner. Biology told me so. Also divorce statistics are rather high and it's totally possible a couple of will end up single or settle for a partner just to have one (and then divorce at 40). Not to mention, like @PureKor I don't see what value a contract and a ring could possibly add to a good, loving relationship, but I guess we're more talking about a life-long partner than marriage in specific.

Love is shared happiness. If I'm to find a partner, I feel it's better to focus on myself and my life until then. If I'm happy with what I do and what I am, any potential relationship will be all the better for it.

Reactions: Beatrix
I'm a very unromantic person who loves to be alone. Being around people stresses me out and I can only be around them for a few days a week, MAX, without feeling tired as hell afterwards. And that's the people I'm most attached too. Getting married is not something I want to do, and if I ever find a life partner it would most likely be an unromantic one whom I simply can share thoughts with and live together with to make living expenses cheaper and such. Pretty much like living with your best friend.

I don't know if I would think it would be amazing even if I was a romantic person. I really can't understand the amazingness about your partner doing exactly the exact same thing as the rest of the world when you're not looking. It just seems like an odd thought to me.

Or one day you'll be hit by a car, and somewhere out there the car that's going to hit you just got sold off the lot.

But really, i'm with Kestrel. There are potentially thousands of people out there for each of us, when / if we find one boils down to circumstance and how we choose to act towards that stranger in that exact moment. A person you don't say hi to, or are too shy to talk to could be a missed romance. You could already have a ton of them, the bright side is the world is so big you get a metric shit-ton of Redos.

On a broader scale I think it's cooler to think of each decision we make starts a chain reaction of events that echoes throughout our life.

Status
Not open for further replies.