Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them

• lCMW3rp.jpg

THIS RP IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING MORE MEMBERS

As the premise says, this is an RP exploring the "what if" that exists regarding supernatural powers existing, but the users then being seized by the government and shunned by the people of the world as monsters.

The RP centers around what is known as Supernatural Virtute Altissimi, or "Supernatural Ability School". It is the one place that all islanders are required to attend for a period of four years. This school teaches new islanders how to both control their abilities, and live a productive life on the island. It also provides an overview of the history of the island.

This RP follows the lives and moments of your characters, ability users who just came to the island, and their story of integration into the new life they've been given. Periodically threats to the island will pop up, and along with other islanders, your characters may be forced to defend their homes.

I set no real "requirement" for post length, but keep in mind that I prefer a post that is at least one paragraph long, or a minimum of five sentences. This is likely not going to be the best RP for those that prefer one line responses. Character sheets will be required, however they will be minimum on items they need to be completed and accepted. I also prefer an "on your honor" system for any kind of combat that happens in posts, so no cooky systems need to be memorized and followed.

Oh yeah, and as a small side note, keep in mind all you redstars that I keep all of my roleplays strictly bluestar friendly. So I refer to Iwaku policy on that.

• Rules
    -No godmodding in any way, shape or form.
    -Keep cursing to a bare minimum. I don't mind it, but I shouldn't see posts like this:
    [yt]ilaiDl78YkM[/yt]
    -Maximum amount of characters allowed to create is two. More may be approved for creation on a case by case basis.
    -Your character needs to be approved before you begin to roleplay.
    -You cannot change details in your character sheet after its creation unless you have approval from a GM.
    -Posts must have a minimum of fives sentences. If it takes you longer to post, that is fine, but please do not simply shitpost five sentences either.
    -It is advisable to give your post a good layout to improve legibility. Other than that, there are no restrictions.
    -You cannot make a character with the same power as another.
    -Your posts must remain realistic. For example, in a battle you cannot deal damage without taking some.
    -Per Iwaku Policy, there will be no Redstar rated content in this RP. This is a Bluestar safe RP.
    -Include the name of your character at the top of your post, that way we know just whom your posting with. It should look like this:

Name of character

Post: posiknaonfonaksoif. oamsinf uanojkenf naiunf ksfn. inaoisnf inaosjnfolainnsf mia mniosnfais nnkvianmsof inaosjnf lkjkn kamsimf imai ijminmkajnso. kmiansijnf km iansi kmanjsnkfn im, kjnknajks.

-If you post in character, make sure you wait two posts before you go about posting again.
    -IC drama should not become OOC drama, if you have a problem with a recent post or facts, or spotted something I missed, please make sure to notify me in pm, I will solve the problem accordingly.
    -Use common sense. If it isn't in the rules, but you think it's probably something you shouldn't do, don't do it. Better to ask me first.
    -At the bottom of your character sheet please post a color of your choice to show you have read the rules.
    -The GM's word is law, so don't mess with him or his CO-GM's decisions. Express your dislike and distaste all you wish, but don't actively spite them.
    -Deaths may occur in this rp, please don't get upset if a character dies.

• After you are in an area in which fighting is allowed (Such as a battle Arena), you will be able to instantly take action.

When not fighting other characters:
    If you are not fighting other characters/antagonists (AKA NPCs) then you can determine the flow of battle yourself. However, keep in mind that you should be credible in your post..

NPC Combat Example:
    Character A saw a girl being hunted by wolves. He needed to react quickly and drew his sword, rushing at the pack. Letting his sword control him, he made several slashes each precisely hitting an enemy.
    As he put his sword back into his sheath, he had defeated every one of them.
    Turning to the scared girl, he asked her:"Are you okay?"

When fighting other characters:
    If you are fighting another character/antagonist you always have to give your opponent enough time to react. You cannot rush to him and just pierce him with a blade as doing that your opponent has not enough time to response, which is clearly powerplaying.
    The same applies to the opponent. Your opponent cannot evade every attack you throw at him, so both of you must acknowledge each other’s efforts and sustain injuries.
    Also bear in mind that you cannot control the other character, thus you must give enough room for your opponent to react to your attack.
    The outcome of a fight is massively dependant of the creativity of one's post.

Wrong example:
    User A posts:
    Character A rushed at character B. Piercing him with his blade, B coughed blood and fell soon after.

Right example:
    User A posts
    A rushed at B. His sword was steady and he would not fail. Trying to pierce his opponent, he increased his speed and rushed straight at him.

User B posts:
    B saw his enemy running straight to him. His move was predictable. After his enemy had gotten close enough, he jumped high into the air and began to dive at an extreme speed, his blade pointed right at the opponent below.

Thus user A must post:
    A had not been expecting this. Startled, he realized that it was nearly too late to dodge his attack. He tried to make a roll in an attempt to evade that attack, but B's blade managed to create a large cut reaching all the way to his shoulder.

Reason: A had made a mistake, rushing to his opponent without any strategy. Thus B had more than enough room to evade A’s attack and pull of a counter attack.

Creative example
    User A posts:
    A looked at B. He knew that he was more than a worthy adversary, so he needed to be careful. Holding his sword tightly, he beared a determined expression. From one moment to the another, he was already rushing straight at B with high speed. Increasing his speed even further, he used the accumulated kinetic energy to jump high into the air, right before he was about to strike, in an attempt to confuse B.

User B acknowledges A's post and posts:
    B had not expected this. He clearly underestimated his opponent. Right now he could only stare at A, who was coming down for him. Quickly coming to his senses, he made a last-minute dodge and managed to get away unscratched as A landed.

Thus user A can post:
    He had got him now. A hadn't attacked yet, but B was already getting out of the way. As B was still recovering, A used the opportunity to unleash a quick sequence of slashes at point-blank range.

Thus user B must post:
    This was bad. B couldn't get away now. He clearly underestimated his opponent and had to suffer the consequences now...

Reason: A forced B to dodge, but he didn't attack yet. So A can react instantly after landing, but B was still recovering from his dodge, allowing A to hit him.

• Please fill out the below character sheet and then post it. If it is acceptable it will be approved by the GM or CO-GM, if not you will be asked to change it so that it is acceptable via PM. If it is approved it is expected that you will post it in the character sheet dump.

Appearance: (An image of some sort preferably some kind of artistic drawing, if at all possible a non-anime one, pictures are fine, however I’d rather not have the faces of “real” people in the character sheets)

“Quote of something the character says here (for example “Never give up!”) ”

Name:

Age: (Any age older then six years old. Please keep in mind that physical abilities and control over your character's ability may correlate with age, so the older you are, the better at controlling an ability you are.)

Date of Birth (Month, Day):

Skills: (Are you a good tactician? Are you great at counting cards? Perhaps you are a great cook?)

Special Ability: (This can be literally anything. Keep in mind 90% of our combat is against NPC's, so really what you choose won't effect particularly anything, but keep in mind you'll be getting more powerful over time. For example, a character who is capable of throwing fireballs is a great starting place, because from there perhaps they’ll learn to shoot rays of superheated flame at superfast rates. It can also be something focused on helping other people, such as a healing power, or it could be simply something that is super annoying, such as one where your character oozes a corrosive mud from their feet whenever they get stressed.)

Peculiar traits: (Was their any kind of effect that your ability had on you? Is there a weird thing that emerged because you gained it, like a third hand? Perhaps every time you go near fire, the flame is drawn to you. This should correlate to your power. For example a person who has the ability to control fire should not have a peculiar trait where they spout water from their feet wherever they go.)

History: (What’s your character’s background? While this doesn’t have to especially long, the longer the better. A few things that are good to answer with this section: Where are they from? Who were their parents? What was their childhood like? If they are teenagers, how was school? If adults, what did they do for work? When did they first discover their ability? How did anyone who found out react?)

Personality: (what is this person like? Are they hyper active and annoying, or a cold and calm? Logical and analyzing, or loudmouthed and stupid?)

Likes: (What does this person enjoy? Do they like icecream, Tv, sports, etc...)

Dislikes: (Opposite of likes.)

Pet hate: (What is one thing your character hates the most?)

Theme Song: (Optional)

Extra things:

• This is a list of current members of the RP and their characters.

Members:Characters

@-A L I C E-: None
    @SoleStride: Joanne
    @Kurogane86: Adrian
    @Dakota K5: Levi
    @Lethe: Senecio
    @Frenchy : Sam and Elle
    @conman2163: Maldito & NPC's

• Here are the links to other pages of the RP. Namely the IC and the Character Dump

CHARACTER INDEX - Isle of Sanctuary Character Dump
    OPEN SIGNUPS - The Isle of Sanctuary IC

Last edited:
Hm, I didn't get that notification.
Ill try to get one up today. Studying for an exam tomorrow though so it'll probably be short.

I was in the hospital for a few days so that is why I didn't respond.

@-A L I C E-

No sweat! Hope you are doing better!

@SoleStride

Yeah, it's kind of finicky. I may start up a PM because those notifications seem to always show up

I didn't get the notification either. And I'm doing better

@Frenchy

I totally forgot to tag you in the last notification, the new GM post is up and you can post again.

I'll be putting up a GM post sometime within the next three days.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Whose post is next?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.