Isle of Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why would I be telling you this if I didn't think Angels existed?" Sebastian asked, exasperated. At that point, he heard a knock on the door.

"Sebastian?"

He drew in a slow breath. That was the voice of his "sister," Elyse. She had a tendency to show up only when she had the chance to humiliate or undercut him in some way. The ghoul had snitched.

Aria rolled her eyes, she didn't believe him. She sighed a little not really sure what to think about it, "look I appreciate you telling me what you think, but really? I don't think angels exist." She blinked looking at the door as she heard the knock. She fixed her sleeves as she eyed the door. Who was that? She gulped nervously really scared.

Sebastian rose and went to get the door, but it opened before he could. Elyse was, as usual, dressed in an impractical but impressive black and red dress that highlighted her fair skin, dark hair and deeply red mouth. She gave Sebastian a smirk.

"So it's true. You've stolen away that survivor," she said.

"I did not steal her, I brought her back here for questioning, just like I always--"

Elyse swept past him, brushing her fingers over his mouth to stop him. Her long nails scraped his cheek.

"Oh, be quiet, Sebastian. That 'I was only following routine' excuse may work on Father, but we both know who writes those routines." She looked down at Aria. "She certainly smells unusual."

Aria wasn't really sure. She saw how pale that women was, and how she dressed. What was she? She felt unsafe here. She stood up quickly as she glared at the woman. She shook her head and said, " Well thanks" She said rudely. " I bet you don't smell that great either." She glared at her. What was up with everybody saying about her smell. She rolled her eyes before moving to sit on the table looking at the woman.

Elyse glanced back at Sebastian. "Ignorant, this one, isn't she?"

"She was raised as a human, she doesn't fully understand the situation," Sebastian said, coming back over.

"Whatever she is, she got through the barrier alive, Father will not be happy to hear about that," Elyse said.

"I'm trying to determine what happened right now." Sebastian was trying very hard not to sound impatient, but he was struggling. "If you'll let me finish talking to her, perhaps I can give you some answers."

Aria looked over at the two, trying to figure it out. She shook her head and looking at her hands not caring what they were talking about. Sh sighed and frowned. She said," Like I said, I don't know anything. It's the first few minutes I even know supernatural creatures are actually existing." She groaned not really sure what she was talking about. " What barrier?" She asked.

Sebastian moved back over to her, taking a seat so he was level with her. "This island is surrounded by a magical barrier meant to keep strangers out," he said.

"Why are you telling her?" Elyse asked. "She doesn't need to know anything."

"It is much simpler this way," Sebastian replied, not looking away from Aria.

Aria blinked. " Oh..." She looked down looking at Sebastian. " That's why you have your pants in a knot." She said to him. She rolled her eyes looking at the woman. " We weren't talking to you." She said rudely. She didn't care if she was rude to her. She just seemed to think she had more power than him. She sighed. She looked back at him and said, " Thats why.. I mean that makes sense... I guess," She shrugged thinking about it. " If you want to know. I honestly don't know that part."

"And you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into," Elyse responded. She leaned over Aria and smiled, showing off her pointed canines. "I could drain you dry if I wanted to..."

"Elyse, stop being stereotypical, please," Sebastian cut in.

Elyse withdrew, glaring at him. "Don't act so self-righteous." She glanced at Aria. "After all, you're just as much of a vampire as I am."

Aria's eyes widened, in shock. She was scared. She felt her body began to shake as she saw the teeth. She gripped onto the table hoping that it was save her but then hearing the words vampire. She tensed. She shook her head and said, " What!! " She frowned, and moved to get away from them. She was scared. She wasn't going to trust anyone. ' This can't... be.." She put her hands on her hair, grabbing it once she backed up into a wall. She was truthfully scared. She can die? She was surrounded by beings. That weren't human and she was terified. Her heart was racing. So she could drain her? Suck her dry and kill her. She let tears fall as she put her feet up to her chest.

"Please leave," Sebastian said, a warning edge to his voice.

"Or what?" Elyse asked, quirking an immaculately shaped eyebrow at him.

Sebastian's expression hardened. "Get. Out."

Elyse apparently didn't want a confrontation; gathering her skirts, she swept out of the room. Sebastian turned to Aria, but didn't come any closer.

"I won't hurt you," he said.

Aria felt so scared, her hands were shaking, so were her legs. She gulped looking as she noticed how the girl finally left. " How are you so sure? Y-y-you're a vampire a-and... you... " She couldn't speak because she was so scared. She wiped her tears as she looked at him. She gulped nervously.

Sebastian nodded reluctantly. "Yes, I am. But I don't think I could bite you if I tried--Angelic power is dangerous and painful for creatures like me. Elyse was just trying to scare you, she doesn't know what you really are."

Aria wasn't sure, she eyed him before slowly standing back up. She was still shooken up about what just happened. She gulped nervously. She didn't know what to say. She twirled her hair trying to figure this out. " But what are we going to do?"

Sebastian sighed, sitting down in his chair again. "I'm not sure," he admitted. "Try to talk to Father before Elyse can, probably. He's less temperamental than she is, he'll probably know what to do."

((Going to sleep now))

Aria sighed, " Even if you're right... With the whole angel thing.. Um... what am I supposed to do? Just accept who I am?" She frowned. She shook her head not sure if she was a angel. She looked at him and shrugged. "I hope I can go back home because I need to figure out a lot from my parents. They don't have the same marks as I do... "

Sebastian hesitated. Should he lie and encourage her, or be honest and risk a full meltdown?

"Outside of this island, Angels can go wherever they please. Once you're back on the mainland they should be able to find and help you themselves," he said at last. It was true, but he left out the possibility that she might not get back to the mainland.

Aria sighed hoping that she can figure out a lot then. She moved to sit back down in the chair she was sitting in. " So then what am I supposed to do in the meantime?" She really felt like she was lost here. It was all new territory.

"For the moment, not much. I'll see you get secure living quarters until Father decides what's to be done next," Sebastian said. He stood and offered her a hand up.

Aria sighed hearing this. Well this sucked. She was basically a prisoner. She glanced over and she grabbed his hand to help her up. She wasn't really sure as to what to think about this other than the fact tahat she is a prisoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.