Status
Not open for further replies.
@Grothnor
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do you really need to be a knight in order to help others?" he said with sincerity, "I mean, if you want to help others so badly, why don't you just do so, without the fancy title of knight or swearing yourself to some code of honor? All you need to help others is the strength and willpower to do so."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Midas doesn't know too much about knights, but he knew that the life of a soldier was all discipline and that they didn't always do the best things to help people. He thought about it for a moment, perhaps he just did know what it was really like. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I may not know what I want to do after I become a full rider, but I do know that if it was my desire to help and protect people from things that they can't protect themselves from, I would simply do so, without any special training or because I follow some set of rules."[/BCOLOR]

*huff* *huff*, there stood a great tree taller than any part of the buildings around, a tree the size a god of smithing would never be able to chop down for firewood, but my only thought was of exhaustion and regret of my actions. "Darn it, i hate long travells, why didn't i take the carriage when offered. My invitation was late, my refusal has made me more late, and this damn coat is cooking me alive worse than dragon flame." I step onto the my designated pedestal with only an old man here to greet me. Rain started to pour but i was no more cool as all the droplets were evaporated by my dragon behind me, a great blaze of solar flame.

"What do you seek Muramasa?" "To improve mysel" (Interrupeted) "To improve yourself you need a goal, hard work alone does not create a master blade. It is the intentions that make it, shape it, and determine its strength. Hard work is only the means to that end!" "I honestly don't know why I am here, i guess not to improve myself but instead for my true purpose" I then participated in the ritual to become a rider. Albiet with scolding for having no purpose and being late.
Then a proud voice, male and full of purpose."Greetings Muramasa" Shocked I was speechless and thoughtless. "Do not tell me you are incompetent to handle my very existence, while flattering, you can do more than just stand there." "Forgive me i am just unaccostomed to having another in my mind" "I am Sol and we will be the best rider-dragon duo in existence," Chuckling "I am sure we will so long as i have you by my side." "Indeed now lets find the highest cave so that we may keep our distance to our inferiour comrades" "While i'll take you up on that, so we can have personal space, we need to work on humbling you."

@Zeroisdead

Sera struggled to mount a counter argument to Midas' thoughts, but her emotions started getting the better of her. "I just- you don't- rrrgh!" She kicked dirt into the flames of the campfire and watched them as they guttered momentarily before continuing to burn, as if they were only mildly inconvenienced. After cooling off from her outburst, Sera said, "Knighthood may just be a fancy name for a soldier, but it's important to me. Now let's go. There should be a cave up that root." She thought to herself as she dismantled the camp, digesting what Midas said. He may have a point. I don't have to be a knight to help people, do I?

But what would that make you? The voice that had echoed laughter through her mind returned. Sera recognized it as the mental voice of her dragon; the undertones of the telepathic communication implied as much, similar to how Sera knew the Dragon Mother addressed her as Kara.

I don't know.

We all have a purpose, something we are meant to be. Dragons are simple; they can only be dragons. Humans, however, can be many things. You are lucky, for you know what you are meant to be. You can't not be a knight just as much as I can't not be a dragon.

But the Dragon Mother's prophesy-

-Prophesy? Bah! Prophesy is just words. I can say that I am a rabbit, but I cannot jump down it's hole, can I? Sera smiled faintly. Her dragon swooped down gracefully from whatever perch it came from. You are a knight, Sera, and I am your dragon.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry... I didn't know it was that important to you…"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Midas stood there quietly, he hadn't meant to upset her, but clearly had chosen the wrong words to say. He sighed as Zalaph slowly approached him, listening to his thoughts as he moved. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Man, I really screwed that one up… I guess i need to work on my people skills, but…[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Maybe she's right… but then how the hell am I going to… [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]No, she is wrong, I can still prove myself...[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What is the problem, Rider?" Zalaph said in a mocking tone, "Has something upset you?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Huh, no." He said nonchalantly, "Well, I am a bit hungry but that will be fixed soon."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Zalaph, you know what's wrong, I don't need to say it for everyone to hear. I got enough problems and I don't need you setting me over the edge. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The dragon chuckled out loud, "Very well then Rider."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well I guess I'll just take my leave now. See you around, Sara." he said with a light smile as he slowly walked back towards the tree, wanting to go find a cave for the night. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Grothnor [/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.