Status
Not open for further replies.
James looked at the others then at his palm, examining the complex sigil that was seared there. "Welp. No point in doing nothing about this" He said and looked at his dragon.
You have any idea on how to work this thing? He asked and walked a little way from the group to give himself some room to try things, he had no idea what his magic would do.
I have less of an idea than you! oh. I have a name, it is Ibis. James shrugged and started to concentrate on the sigil in his palm, his mind wondered through ideas of what it could do and what he could create. There was a pause and James's eyes didn't so much as light up but more grew dark with energy.
"I think I have it...." He said, both outloud and to his dragon, around his feet black fire sprung to life as a immense sigil formed infront of him dark flames and unholy energy flickering from it. "Maybe I don't." He said his voice slightly shaky as the flames grew and the energy started to lash out of control. Then the dragon's eyes flashed black as understanding seemed to lance through it.
"Let the spell go. Now. Its Six Black Heaven's Guns. A destructive spell ment to turn anything its aimed at to dust!" Ibis shouted so that the other riders could hear him and get out the way.
"What do you mean 'Six Black Heaven's guns' ?" James asked, The moment he named the spell each point of the sigil let lose a beam of black energy tinted with red, the beams tore through everything infront of them, which luckily was very little, mostly the edge of a windmill, the topmast of a ship, and part of the roots (which grew back at such speed it was incredible), though it was plain to see that the blast continued onwards well over the horizon. James stumbled back, coughing after the sixth blast, spitting blood he shook his head. "WOO! that felt....like someone just hit me round the face with a lemon slice wrapped around a gold brick. exhilarating and bloody painful."
Ibis looked at Her rider judgementally.
"You almost disintegrated one of your fellow riders. Next time, aim it elsewhere. however...." The dragon paused and then smiled "Other than that I am impressed."

Sigil:
[spoili]
magic_circle2_by_xyee.jpg

[/spoili]

Last edited:
Upon further revalations, and the man, seemingly flying off like the viking looking manaic he seemed to be based on apperance, Elza can't help but let out an angry sigh. The old man's leason had proven..less than useful. "So..they basically send people a bullshit invite, brand us, then go well sod off missy go find a cave!.." Reaching up with her right palm to cover her face, this was not what she expected at all. Not at all. "Hmph..Dragon, from here on, given I have to change my surname..however that is done, you are Razgriz"

"Hmm..Razgriz..I care not for this name, but I demand to know of its origins." Staring down at his master, the large dragon nuzzles his head under her, as if telling her to get on. "I hate this dry place..I need mositure and darkness.." As if trying to change the subject the dragon moves on with his own happenings as it were.

Slightly annoyed Elza notices the young rider looking at her, giving him a cross armed, Hmph look with her head tilted upwards, she does however follow the dragons suggestions. "Well aren't you in a hurry.." Elza says in kurt reply. This was not very comfortable, and she voices as much. "Hmph..not soft are we? So what do you know of this magic. As to your story, very well, We were old Nobility in the previous Kingdom, Razgriz was a demon according to lore my family slayed long ago, a demon of black, that brought ruin to the world. It was said he would return from the lake that he slumbers in once more, to save the world this time, with the guiding hand of fate."

Razgriz snorts at this and ponders the meaning, while the girl seemed to dismiss it out of hand, it seemed that in a manner that family legend may come true or have some truth to it. Not that he would be the one to tell her that of course, and being careful to hide his own thoughts on the subject. "Hmph..then buy a saddle..as to that, you were brooding so much, I felt I would bake in the sun before you decided to leave." As the blast of magic nears them, the Dragon snarls at the haphazard caster, and yells. "DO THAT AGAIN AND I'LL MAUL YOU INTO BONE MEAL HUMAN!" Clearly he was more displeased by the errant shot than his master, whom didn't seemed phased in the least.

"Calm down Razgriz, you are the biggest of them so far? Just as I am the highest on the Social ladder they so easily cast aside. We must set an example of who is superior. Equality only comes in Death. People are faster, smarter, and stronger than others. Equality is just the means to cover for these short comings...besides I'm hungry..hpmh a tour location with no good food..I am highly disappointed.." Pausing some more on how one changes a surname or where they go, she wonderd why her Dragon had not taken on a name yet, but at least now the pair were talking outloud, it seemed both were in agreement.

"Ahahaha! You truely amuse me human. Bigger is better...we need a home.." As the dou fly over the local area, he yawns, or the huffing sound that passed for it, his master seemed to have regained some of her footing. It may breed conflict for the two of them, but he had taken a liking to this human. With his wings flapping lightly, he kept slow and low to the ground, was no point in throwing his master..after her..reaction to the fate of what amounts to half her family he truely did not want to test if more of them would come, nor did he want to die. With a sigh he lands, this was too risky without a proper mount. "Ugh, you weigh too much on my neck human..hmph..we should walk, not that I care." He would not openly admit why he did that, though it slipped through his thoughts briefly.

"Hmph..if you say so..Regardless..lets find a castle ruin, or something liveable for us both...then what classes and shops are around here. Hopefully they have something that doesn't clash with my style. Then we'll see about work, and armoring you up propperly. ..someplace without ghosts.. And maybe a servent..hmm maybe that gawker from before would do..."

"Ojou-sama I do not think now is the time to make nestlings..or a brood..and what are these ghosts?" Puzzled a bit by this, his reply is a mental scoulding which causes him to snort a soft growl. "Fine, have it your way.." For now the pair would wait, as Elza looked at her map book and local guide. She also had to discover what her magic was. So for now standing around and watching the others, and what they were about, was a wise move both could agree on.

Last edited:
"Sister" Harra Schwarz

"O Lorekeeper, please look upon me in kindness and mercy this day, for I as your servant seek to learn in your name. Blessed are they who walk in the perilous path to knowledge, and exalted are they who temper their knowledge with wisdom." The poor girl couldn't have been older than sixteen, but her freshly scrubbed face and sparkling eyes only served to make her appear that much younger and cherubic. An innocent through and through, and yet there was something else entirely that lurked behind those brilliant brown eyes as she looked about. A boat had taken her from her southern country into the heart of Avalon, and a carriage from the docks to the school. Her school. Harra would never quite forget the day that her invitation had been given to her; it was the same day that she had been kicked from her convent. One life ended, and another life begun, and such a dramatic shift had quite the effect on the young lady. Her holy symbol hung around her neck and she gripped it with such a force that her knuckles were white, and the sharper edges of the metal depiction of an open book cut into her alabaster hands. Perhaps it was a kindness that her clothes were somber and dark so that the blood mingled with the dark fabric and disappeared without a trace.

... Of course Harra herself was so cold that she didn't even feel it. Her home had been a southern, desert land, and Avalon was far colder by comparison to the cruel heat she was accustomed to. Indeed, she gripped the symbol tighter by the point where the gleaming silver might well have glittered like rubies when she dared let go. No, she saw a pillar with a sigil atop, glowing green and calling to her quite forcibly, and coiled around the pillar was a truly fearsome creature: A dragon, large, long-necked, and almost glaring at her with glowing cyan eyes that gave an almost mortifying hearkening back to its egg. The magnificent creature dwarfed the mage considerably, as her braid-crowned head barely reached its flank. While logically she knew that the dragon was the same age as her, an adolescent, she could see a deep wisdom behind its eyes, that gleam of 'I know more than I'm letting on' that she would occasionally sport back at the convent. Wise beyond its years, like her. No, his. In her long journey to Avalon, Harra had pried away as many books on dragons as she could from the arms of shopkeepers with whatever money she had, and her physiological findings told her that the particular array of subtle cues beyond the obvious that she was dealing with a male dragon.

How fitting, for someone who had almost never seen a male in her life aside from the monks and priests who occasionally visited from their monasteries that she would find her dearest partner to be male. (But I don't know how to deal with boys!) The former nun thought rather frantically to herself, dark eyes showing a strong jolt of fear. No, she couldn't be afraid yet. Not yet. Soon enough, she brought her dominant left hand (the one not currently being sliced open by her holy symbol) to rest over the pillar, gasping as she felt the magic begin to surge through her veins and a cruel, burning pain seared into her soul. It felt as though razor-edged vines coiled their way up her arm and into her chest, even though the only physical evidence that remained was the sigil itself burned into the top of her hand.

Her dragon seemed to grin, or at least bared his impressively fearsome teeth as his tail took to the air to wind around the short girl, outright pulling her towards his body as soon as the pillar dared let her go. It was a curious move, both aggressive and protective at the same time, and one the girl responded to graciously, resting her head at the side of his barrel-like chest. Tears streamed down her face and she shook madly, and yet she didn't cry out. Pain was simply there to remind her that her nerve cells still worked, that she still had physical connections to her invaluable brain. Finally, she followed in solemn contemplation where the older man led, one hand now resting on her dragon. It was strange, she felt inexplicably drawn towards him, and dared not separate herself.

(You don't know how to deal with boys, is it?)

The voice rumbled in the back of the girl's head, and yet seemed to encompass every ounce of her thought, every shred of cognizance seemed to cease at the narcotizing voice in her head. She didn't have to think about it, instead the girl intrinsically understood. To which she nodded, the hand resting on his chest beginning to shake madly.

(Dragons are not mere boys, and riders are not mere girls.) He 'spoke' plainly, and yet every word cut with some strange, icy knife, but searing hot at the initial slice, and yet left brutal chills in its wake. For now, the two continued to walk along together, and it became almost impossible to tell who led whom. On the surface, the former nun seemed to lead, despite her bewildered expression, but in truth, it was her dear dragon who pulled the strings and led her along this strange new world. (You're cold. The surface is such a frosty place, but within the mantle under the earth there is heat beyond compare. Remain close to me, you will be warm in time.)

Kona

Kona found herself staring at her dragon, and her dragon back at her. The dragon also seemed to be giving off a pleased humming sound, and when it spoke through telepathy to her, and their minds connected, she felt as if a lost piece of herself clicked into place, and suddenly that lost piece seemed very displeased.

You are thinking of it again.

What am I thinking of?

The prophecy the goddess gave you, and I have already told you to put such things from your mind, it does neither of us any good.

Hey! Stay out of my thoughts would you? They aren't some kind of library for you to peruise at your leisure. Some things are private!

Oh? Like that boy that you used to fanatisize about marrying?

That is private!

She growled and turned about. She needed to find the old rider, to teach her. She wanted to know how to block the dragon from her thoughts.

You cannot refer to me as dragon forever.

Fine, your name can be...... Lunar.

Lunar? Fine, it will be as you wish rider.

She growled and moved forward in search of the elder rider, needing his help desperately.

A collab by @Zeroisdead and Grothnor​

Sera realize how hungry the trip and ordeal had left her. She had a few supplies left from the journey here, mostly jerky and hard biscuits, but she realized the Old Rider had practically abandoned them here. Fortunately, her squireship included basic survival and campcraft. Water didn't seem too hard to find in these damp, low areas of the island, shelter seemed plentiful with the many caves and giant roots they could camp under and she had flint and tinder in her pack, so a fire wasn't going to be an issue. Food was the most immediate concern, and the sooner she started, the better. Fortunately she overheard one of the other riders mention food and introduced herself. “Did you say something about looking for food? If you are, I'll help. My name's Sera.” She held out an hand politely.

Midas stopped and turned towards the unfamiliar voice. Zalaph glared at the girl with his piercing, crimson eyes, “We should not trust her, we do not yet know enough about her…” the dragon warned through the link, only to be ignored.

“Huh? Oh, yes, we are looking for food and could use the help.” he said in a friendly tone, his voice muffled slightly. He reached out and shook her hand, a welcoming smile coming across his face, despite the fact that no one could see it because of his mask, “I’m Midas.” He then gestured towards his dragon, who growled in response to his Rider's actions. “And that wimp is Zalaph. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Wimp? Nice to meet you, Zalaph.” Sera courteously inclined her head towards the black dragon. “Shall we?” She gestured into the alien wilderness of Avalon before heading off. Sera's dragon flew off to perch on a high root, but still able to see them. “And, uh, I don't know his name yet. He hadn't said a thing yet.

Midas walked alongside her with his hands in his pockets, walking in a leisurely fashion making him see carefree and he carefully scanned the terrain around him, taking in every minuscule detail of his surroundings. Zalaph stayed further behind, moving between shadows in near silence, keeping his eyes on the girl and her dragon.

“Really, not a word? Zalaph started talking as soon as we go linked.” he glanced up at her dragon, “Strange…”

Who knows. Maybe he's shy. Maybe he doesn't like me. Doesn't bother me either way. He'll talk, eventually.” Sera shrugged. They had their entire lives to get to know each other, so she figured that if he didn't want to talk now, it was fine by her. Heading through some brush, Sera drew her blade and started hacking through them like a machete. Not what my sword is meant for, but I'll make do.So what kind of name is Midas, anyway?

Midas watched as she swung her sword, deciding it was best to walk behind her.“Eh, I don’t like the sound of Michel.” he said nonchalantly. He gazed around the area, wondering what kind of food they could even get around here.

Oh. You... I see.” Sera stumbled over her words for a bit. She originally meant where he came from to be given such an odd name, but was misunderstood. Mildly flustered at making a comment that may have been considered rude, she said, “My real name's Kara, but I hate that name. I like the nickname my father gave me much more.” She hacked her way though more foliage in silence, feeling a little vulnerable for sharing such a secret with someone she barely knew.

Kara is a nice name… he thought to himself, Then again, some consider Michel a nice name...

“Well real names aside...” he said feeling a bit glad that the questions weren’t going to continue, it was then that he noticed a shadow move quickly across his line of sight “...I think there may be something ahead.” he in a hushed voice.

Get down,” Sera hissed, crouching into the foliage and peeking through to get a look. There was a deer grazing upon the plants. “Do you have a bow or something to get it with?” Sera whispered.

Midas shook his head, “I didn’t really think too much about it…” he whispered, realizing how unprepared he was this whole time. One can’t really hunt deer with daggers. “...dammit” he muttered under his breath.

“Fool.”

Zalaph then lunged forwards from the shadows like a viper, and within a moment’s notice, slashed the the throat of the deer, causing it to the fall to the ground in an instant. He glanced at the deer before glaring at the two and returning to the shadows.

“Consider yourself fortunate that I am here, Rider...”

Sera felt rather foolish over the entire ordeal, but was grateful for Zalaph's help. “Um, thank you, Zalaph.” Sera rolled up her sleeves, pulled a knife from her boot and began field dressing the deer. It was rather gruesome work and not for the faint of heart, but Sera had done it several times before. Once she was done, she sighed in satisfaction with a job well done. “Okay, let's get this over to the camp and, well, set one up. This could probably feed everyone for a week. Well, excluding the dragons, but I think they can feed themselves.” She called up to her dragon who had watched the entire ordeal, “Isn't that right?” The white dragon rested his head on the branch and lazily ignored her.

Midas chuckled, “Yea...Thanks for coming with me by the way. Haven’t had much company recently.” he said turning to walk towards the camp.

Sera nodded. “Likewise.” She dragged the deer to the lee of a giant root and started a fire, carefully, to start cooking the meat while Midas went out to let people know they had food. Sera had no problem sharing. It's not right to hoard food when people are starving.

@conman2163
It wasn't hard to find where most of the old riders were, about a five minute walk around the tree from where they'd been left was a large town, bustling with life and activity, however it seemed that a good percentage of those who lived there were either riders or related to riders. The rest worked for them. Within moments Kona was being surrouned by children as was his dragon, pestering him to play with them or trying to climb Lunar. it was a good 5 minutes before they were shooed away by a older rider and his dragon, Not as anchient as their first guide and Timat but still clearly a aged rider. This one looked more 'sage' like, wearing a long robe and holding a staff. His dragon on the other hand seemed to be made of purple cloud with lightning dancing inside it. "Well arn't you popular with the kids!" He said and held his hand out. "I'm Urbus Gladstone. Though most just call be Ur. I'm the Lore Keeper of the Riders." He said with a smile. "And the smokey sod is Storm" He said gesturing to his dragon who was currently entertaining the children by using static electricity to make their hair stand on end.

Old man
[spoili]
67115f7efed71000d49bb720f26853c2.jpg

[/spoili]

His Dragon

[spoili]
7d3a95d7c14af571b2843199f41bb53c.jpg

[/spoili]

@Zeroisdead & @Grothnor

While the food was cooking they were joined by a third rider, One who seemed to be just returning to the island. "So your the new Riders huh? They got you on survival training allready?" He asked somewhat shocked. He didn't look older than 30, though he seemed to have far more expirance than most. "Or would you be the ones who let their stomachs rule over their curiosity? There's a village about five minutes round the tree, its where everything a rider needs is made. food or otherwise. and you have acess to it as trainees." He laughed and lent against the root. "Not that I disapprove. but its best to ask the Dragon Mother before you go hunting in her lands. while I suspect she'll let you off this time...." He smiled and showed them a burn mark in the shape of a dragons head on his arm. "You wake up with that on your arm and you kinda realise that she does have some real power." His dragon, was still clinging to the underside of the root and was belching bubbles down on the group, each bubble a different colour. "Oh, I'm Numinor. and thats Lexi. she's a bit of a trouble maker, so just watch out." He said as one of the bubbles popped and rained pine needles on them all.

Numinor:
[spoili]
latest

[/spoili]

Lexi

[spoili]
latest

[/spoili]

James laughed like a lunatic when he was threatened and bowed "I apologize, but honestly did you expect anything more of a first spell?" He then gave a wink which indicated he wasn't really sorry before looking up the tree, then at Ibis. "Yeah. we could fly up to find out what these 'caves' are ment to be, or I could climb." He said looking at the tree again and clambering atop the roots and starting to walk up them towards the bark. "Oh by the way guys. Last one to get a cave, or whatever they are, is first up for the inevitable dragon shit shovelling!"
Ibis, not worrying to much about his rider curled up atop one of the roots to watch the rest of the group, he was curious, but also the sun was shining on this spot so he was more than content to lay there and relax.

"Up in the caves?" The girl finally spoke, hearing the shouts from the other young man (who happened to earn some strange discerning stare that might well have had elements of a glare, although it was hard to tell with how dark the former nun's eyes were). Only then did she actually deign to look up at the cave in question, and her face visibly paled. "How are we supposed to get up there!?" The answer, of course, was entirely obvious, but the sheer simplicity of the answer only seemed to terrify her more. Her entire body trembled, and she leaned against her great dragon's barrel-like chest, head firmly set between two massive ribs. She had found a rare soft spot between the scraggly scales (at least soft in comparison, the 'flesh' beneath was still quite rough to the touch) and nuzzled her alabaster cheek against the obsidian flesh, looking far worse for wear.

Her dragon, however, seemed entirely unmoved by this daunting expedition, and indeed his rider's fear seemed to only fuel him more. (We're going to fly, little girl.) His words were plain as could be and all at once his serpentine, tipped tail knocked into the girl's frail body, shoving her quite forcibly into waiting claws that gripped along her trunk quite expertly. (You would rend yourself to pieces upon my back. Don't struggle.)

(Wait, what do you mean don't stru--) The poor girl couldn't even get the thoughts out before great, leathery wings flapped at the air, and the rider's heart sunk well into the pit of her stomach as the ground suddenly became smaller and smaller. Wind rushed through her braided hair and the cool air whipped against her face, staining her cheeks a burnished pink. But all of that paled in comparison to the screaming. Incomprehensible, unintelligible, just mere cries of pure terror. ... Strangely, this only seemed to urge her dragon on further, as his claws gripped around her midsection tighter, pressing her entire body into his magma-hot underbelly. At least holding her this tightly muffled the screams a bit. For someone so heavy, he managed to fly remarkably gracefully, and took to the air in a streamlined fashion completely contrary to his bulky size and heavy composition. In only a short moment (which to the poor former nun felt like several eternities and lifetimes of pure heartrending terror) he landed at the top of the caves, still holding his rider quite firmly to his underbelly, as if trying to squeeze the trembling out of her.

"Looks like we're not doing such a duty today." He announced, looking remarkably proud of himself, although whether it was pride in ascending the cave, or pride in breaking his rider was anyone's guess.

Not paying any attention at all to James, Elza goes back to her guide book, flipping through pages. "Hmph..so a village huh..cute, around the tree..wonder how many idiots in the past flew off into the wild blue yonder to die of starvation.." While it may have been constructed in this manner for a practical reason, her own feelings seemed to have treated it more as a test, as her thoughts echo. And would you have fared any better without your book? With a slight shiver at the thought and a visualization of her brother, she half wonders if his ghost were haunting her. With that her mind starts to bring up various emotions in a torrent that doesn't show on her face..but awakens her magic seemingly.

"Ehh..well lets find a home, yes?" Noticing his master, Elza seems to briefly focus a type of purple blackish aura around herself. "Hmm..shadows..darkness.." Not knowing much in regards to magic, the Dragon did know if that was her magic, it would work well with him. Well it should at least. Regardless there was nothing he could do. "How about that one area near the outskirts..needs some fixing Ojou-sama..but it should suit..both of us, yes?" Motioning its head, off in the distance was a seemingly randown castle, well more of a watch post, that had swamp at its base, leading into a musky looking cave, as the dragon said, it would need work, and more than a little.

Gazing at it and thinking on Razgriz words, Elza nods. It would do for now, perhapes that other dragon rider could be coaxed into doing most of the work..not the happy go-lucky almost killed you one, but the leecher with the giant sword. "That will do Razgriz, I also think your are correct on the magic, however we would need another cave nearby for the other dragon..that is if we get another into..aiding the repairs.." Motioning with her head for the watcher to come closer, it would not hurt to at least see if that was possible.

“I’m Midas.” he said to the stranger, “Oh, and sorry about the deer. I figured there was some sort of town around here, I just figured I would get my own stuff. It’s what I usually do so I just figured…Well I guess it was just a bit foolish of me just to make assumptions.” he said with a light laugh as he brushed pine needles out of his hair, glancing up towards the dragon above them before returning to the conversation. “The Mother must keep everyone in check around here then. But if you don’t mind me asking, whatever did you do to get a burn like that?”

Zachary

Zak had already found a cave, but he was currently out in the village. He asked his dragon if she wanted to come with, but she much more preferred non-modern things. Step by step he walked through the village, making a left turn he found a tavern. "I know, I'll go look in some of the shops then go eat" he said aloud to himself. As he went through each shop he found some things that caught his interest. "Okay, I should probably go eat now" Going to the tavern, he opened the door, stepping through he tripped on the framing of the door and fell on his face.

(Npc's huh?)

Kona

Kona quietly bowed to the elder rider, glad to be free from the press of the kids, and then she stood up stifly, smiling.

"My name is Kona Omari, it is nice to meet you Ur. Actually, if you have the time, I need some help with an issue."

She cast a weary eye on Lunar, who was busy checking his scales for blemishes, fearful that any of the kids might have left dirt on them.

"My dragon's name is Lunar, and i'm having a bit of a problem, as he won't keep his thoughts to himself at all. It's making it a pain to think of... well anything without him trying to put his input in on it."

@Zeroisdead

Numinor smiled and hid the burn. "The mother decided to punish me. I was hunting without asking permission and took more than my fair share from the heard." He explained and shook his head. "Enough about me! tell me about yourselves! your the young riders, your dragons are new, you are new, your magics are unique!" He sounded exited, though he didn't seem to have qualms about eating the food that was there.

@SashaBliss

As Zachary fell some of the tavern looked round at him, a few chuckled some simply shook their heads. The tavern itself was somewhat empty, a few men in leather working outfits, maybe a farmer or two and one man in full plate armour at the bar drinking heavily. There was also a barmaid dancing round cleaning tables, it was clear she was happy for some reason. and a rather grumpy looking bartender.

@conman2163

"That is the nature of the link I'm afraid. Dragon and rider. Rider and dragon rider. The differnce becomes less and less over time." He explained and then smiled as he closed his eyes "with time..." His voice shifted, suddenly comeing from the dragon. "You will learn things, to transplant your voice, to share eyes, minds, even in a fight you could borrow your dragons ability to heal very fast, or in my case." He smiled and seemed to glide forward, turning to mist to pass right through Kona. "I can become cloud, like my Storm." The voice was still comeing from the dragon. suddenly Ur's form spoke, mimicing the dragons voice. "Would you mind returning to your own body old man? I'm trying to stop these kids from swarming you again." The dragon laughed and then the old man was laughing. "see?"

Last edited:
Kona

Kona sighed. She had been afraid of something like that.

"Gah.... well.... do you know a place I can get a saddle or maybe some proper equipment for a dragon rider. I came here without anything really.... I didn't expect to stay at all....."

She sighed and scratched her head, staring at her dragon, who in turn stared back.

Zachary

"He...he...he" Zak chuckled. "I can sure be a clutz sometimes" he said loud enough to himself. He then got up and scratched the back of his head, rubbed his nose, and found a free table that had too seats. He pulled out one of the chairs for himself and sat down. He was quite embarrassed it was only his first time in town yet he already managed to get a bad impression, though he didn't show it, in his mind he was currently smacking his head against a wall. Setting one elbow on the table, he rested his head, and waited for someone to bring him a menu.

[BCOLOR=transparent]@EddiEddi [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zalaph moved a bit closer to the group, it’s gaze not straying from the elder rider and his dragon. He slowly crept forward wanting to observe with a closer view. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]“Yea, it’s quite the experience, to say the least.” he said with a smile, “I’m still getting over the fact that I have a shadowy dragon following me around.” he gestured towards Zalaph, who was unhappy with Midas for directing the attention on him. “Oh, and speaking of which, do you by any chance know where I could find someone to help me with my magic?” he said showing the man the sigil on his hand, “I don’t even know where to start with magic… Hell, I don't even know what this symbol means.”[/BCOLOR]

@EddiEddi

Sera was embarrassed for failing to notice the village not far away. It upset her to have been shamed twice in a day, once when hunting, having to rely upon Zalaph for help, and again by a senior rider scolding her for breaking the rules. Even though Numinor was just giving them a friendly warning, Sera felt like she had failed. She was getting mad and started taking it out on the roast, carving it with an undue lack of finesse. This whole place is not what I wanted. I expected mountaintop citadels, grand aeries, academies of war and magic, and places to learn and train amongst others. Instead I've been left in the middle of nowhere with no guidance, without knowledge of the rules of this place and have already been told my dream shall not come to pass. Well I'll show them. I will become a great dragon knight, even if it kills me.

A throaty chuckle echoed through her mind, deep and masculine, and definitely not hers. She looked up at her dragon, who was lounging upon his perch, and glared at him. Numinor broke her from her reverie with his question. “Oh, I'm Sera. I don't know my dragon's name yet; he hasn't said anything, though I think he was just laughing at me.” She scowled in the white dragon's direction. “I don't know my magic either. I don't wanna try it out unless I'm sure I won't hurt anyone by accident. The last one of us who tried their magic used it carelessly and could have easily killed someone with it.” Sera swallowed her pride and continued. “But with you overseeing, I'd be willing to try. Making mistakes to learn is one thing, making mistakes that can kill is another.

Last edited by a moderator:
@conman2163

"Aye, there's a few places you can get gear. Depends on your needs." Ur said as he started to walk, "Just have a wonder round town, Though I would suggest to start by heading to the tailors and getting a few sets of clothes made. Oh and a saddle!" He added with a laugh. He then paused. "and think about chosing a weapon. All riders have a unique weapon they train with. We're not allowed swords or the ilk." He smiled and tapped his staff on the ground twice and two blades snapped out of the head, forming two long parallel blades that extended a good foot ahead of the end. "This is mine."

@Zeroisdead
@Grothnor

"Your magic...." Numinor shrugged "Each riders magic is unique." He said and held his hand out in the air and a mist started to form, then from the mist snow started to fall. "Mine is control of the weather in a small area. It is up to you to discover your own magic and persue it. all I can do is direct you." He closed his hand and the mist dissipated. "focus on what you want to achive with your magic, not how you'll achieve it, focus on a goal, be it destruction of a target, creation of a path, or mearly opening a door. then focus your energy on your sigil. Oh, and once you start using your magic your dragon will awaken to it and be able to guide you somewhat."
He then glanced at Sera "My dear girl, you must realise that mistakes happen. if you were ment to die in training, it will happen and there is little you can do about it." He smiled and looked her over. "You've had some formal training in combat yes?" He then settled back and closed his eyes "I did to when I turned up. Was a dukes son. I can tell you this much: Daddy was not happy. but then again, I came expecting castles, training grounds, dragons soaring overhead, you know, the sort of thing they sing about in songs. I see that in you now, you wanted to learn how to wage war on dragons with magic and fire." He shook his head "We are not a warring group, we are not warriors, we are not knights. It is our job to keep the peace and maintain the order set out by the Mother before she took her rest. To do that we need to be independent, capable, and above all individuals. One rider does not follow the commands of another, There are no captains, no lords, the only thing we consider rank, is expirance, You yeild to another rider when they have more expirance than you." He smiled, eyes still closed and still seeming to be content resting against a tree. "Let me ask this; as a child did you ever feel as if you were ruled by the riders? or did they just exist as something that would uphold the law and fight off the things that you could not? Yes, we set out things that will bring down our wrath, such as wanton slaughter of innocents. but we are not here to make sure everyone is behaving themselves at every moment. That would make us Tyrants." He opened his eyes to look at them. "Forget any preconceptions you have about the riders, We are each individuals, and thus we train as such. sure older riders can guide you, but only you can find what sort of rider you will become. And sure the old coot will tell you that you don't have to train. but let me warn you: When the Final Test comes round, you'll wish you had." He gave them all a smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go turn this in." He said hefting the sword he had. "such a brutal weapon, Not worthy of a rider in the slightest." he shook his head at the sword and started to walk towards the west. "Oh. and may I suggest you claim a cave before nightfall. it gets pretty chilly out." he said pointing up the tree to the numerous caves that honeycombed the surface.

Kona

Kona bowed to the elder rider.

"Thank you very much for your time, I will be going now so I can do as you suggested. Have an excellent day."

With that she straightened up and turned, walking further into town. When she eventually came to a tailors shop she stopped, then looked back at her dragon, whom merely moved his nose down and pushed her forward towards the door. Taking the hint, she moved towards it and opened the door smiling as she walked in to the tailor shop, and looking around, until she spotted a counter that is.

"Hello is anyone here?"

She called out hesitantly, as the counter was empty, and no one seemed to be around.

Midas looked towards the caves, “Huh, yeah I guess we should.” he shifted his gaze back towards Numinor “Thanks for the advice.”

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was quite a ways up, and he had to admit, he was a bit nervous about flying for the first time. But he was even more excited fly then he was afraid of it. Zalaph commented on how he had experience flying and how much of a coward Midas was, but Midas ignored him for that moment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Midas walked back over to Sera, he wanting to get his share of the food before leaving. He noticed the disappointment in her actions “Hey…” he paused trying to think of the best thing to say, “You doing alright?” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Grothnor [/BCOLOR]

@Zeroisdead

Sera scowled, glad for Numinor's departure, but not for Midas' question. Instead of lying or admitting her disappointment, she simply looked away. However, Midas deserved some response. “What do you want to do once you're a full rider?” She asked. “I want to be a knight. I've always wanted to be a knight. I've spent the last twelve years of my life training to become one. But more than that, I want to help people. My father always said knights were soldiers, but they were soldiers held to higher standards, both martially and morally. I've never wanted glory or titles or power over others, I just want to do what is right. I want... ...to spare others the pain I went through. She realized she was just rationalizing aloud and stopped, somewhat startled and embarrassed by how much conviction she let show. She wasn't used to sharing so much about herself with others since proving she was worthy of knighthood on her own merits rather than nepotism left little time to make friends and gave all too much time to make rivals. “I'm sorry, I'm rambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.