Isle Of Avalon,

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have enough people. though still accepting. IC will be up soon. (read within 2 days)

Reactions: Stormi
I have finished editing my character. The needed changes have been made.

I have finished editing my character. The needed changes have been made.
You currently hold the award for most beautiful dragon picture so far.

Wonderful. I thought it matched the description rather nicely.

I'll post in the IC as soon as I can. Probably not now though since i am on moble for the rest of the night...

I really need to review the setup for bb code for this site, how I'm used to doesn't work lol.

Just use the RTF editor, thats what I do.

@RedArmyShogun
The dragons are waiting by the plinths, and your character has no idea what her magic is untill she has obtained the seal (which should happen in my next post, when the others have posted). this roleplay focuses on the interaction of characters, as well as the learning curve ahead of them. She also has Never seen her dragon before.

sorry if my opening post didn't make that clear.

Ah my bad I'll correct.

The ooc comment at the start really threw me off.

Not a problem, just making sure you know. I should probably work on my exposition.

Ehh no worries, its been corrected.

['Allo, 'allo~ If it's alright, I'd want to take egg #10 and Sigil #4]

Name: Harra Schwarz
Nickname: N/A
Appearance: [Pictures Pending]

Standing at five-foot-three and possessing a figure that was quite far from waifish, Harra maintains something of a presence by benefit of her stocky frame alone. Curiously, despite her larger frame and rather fortunate distribution of mass (mostly along her breasts and hips), she moves with a sort of hurried fervor that doesn't befit someone of her upbringing or size. Shorter limbs, longer torso, pale skin, and hair almost always braided back and out of the way, all she really missed were rounded reading glasses to complete the look! Due to having left the convent, Harra also has developed quite a fondness for well-made clothing, and if she's not reading, she's likely embroidering her cuffs and hemlines to maintain that extra bit of pizzazz.

Personality: Insatiably curious and often bored, Harra does everything she can to keep herself in a constant state of learning. She doesn't quite know how to take a break or relax, and her unique upbringing inside the convent never quite taught her moderation in much of anything, let alone compromising on her sense of responsibility and drive for learning. ... If there was ever someone to die by staying up for eleven days straight reading, it would be Harra. She's not known to be particularly social, having never quite learned to interact with... well... anyone who wasn't a quiet scholar like the nuns; Because of this there is a vast psychological distance between herself and other people. She's friendly enough, of course, but there's that inexplicable fact that something is just off about the girl.

Positive Traits: Industrious/Hardworking, Compassionate, Tenacious
Negative Traits: Naive, asocial, guarded

Goals: Contrary to her ever-encompassing drive to learn things, Harra's ultimate goal is to find a person to spend her life with, as she'd learned that many of the sisters grew lonely in their isolation, and she didn't want such a fate for herself.

History/Bio: Hailing from completely unknown and ultimately irrelevant lineage, Harra's story begins in infancy, where the dark-eyed child was discovered on the steps of the Sisterhood of Academia. Found in nothing but a wicker basket and blankets with the name embroidered on the swaddling blanket. Harra, it was a word in the Old Language that only Mother Superior in the convent spoke, and she dared not mention the original meaning of the name (The Enchanted One). It was a sign, an omen she was certain, but one that she dared not defy, and yet dared not confess to the hapless child.

Life in the convent seemed to suit the hardworking young woman well: Rigorous stints of reading and research and worship dedicated to a god who held no real name, but was referred to respectfully and lovingly as "The Lorekeeper". Although any other upbringing might have rendered the girl a staunch agnostic, having been brought up her entire life in the halls of a church led the mage to be a particularly devout worshiper. Where most of the nuns spent their evenings in quiet reflection over their learning, Harra took a particularly active role spending her evenings babbling excitedly in prayer of everything she had learned. ... She became something of a beloved member of the convent, as Mother Superior, the librarian, had realized that there was no containing the sheer life and drive of the girl to learn.

However, not everything was particularly ideal. Finding herself stifled by the constraints of what she was allowed to learn, Harra took to clandestine studies on her own in the cathedral's underbelly and the halls of the dead. Autopsies, strictly forbidden by the convent and heavily frowned upon by her home country at large. Harra would spend many sleepless nights sneaking off into the sepulchers to uncover the secrets of their dead in the most invasive way imaginable. She was found out on the eve of her sixteenth birthday, of course, and excommunicated almost immediately after. Knowledge was a powerful resource after all, but evening the seemingly infinite desire of the Lorekeeper to spread knowledge had its limits. One limit being the "Desecration" of the dead.

Hobbies: Reading, scientific experimentation, calligraphy.
Dislikes: Anything that stands between her and some gem of information, pushy people.
Pet Hate: Anyone in a position of authority keeping secrets from those they preside over.

Favorite Song: Ishtar's Descent into the Underworld

Extras: Has a phobia of flying.
She discovered a joy for music after being excommunicated and collects sheet music.

Dragon Egg: #10
Dragon Appearance: Large, long-necked, and covered in rough scales and spikes, "Intimidating" is an understatement for the adolescent dragon. Despite his youth, he appears almost gnarled and lacks the sort of youthful traits that would be expected for his age bracket. His body is a deep coal colour with veins of volcanic red that seep through, like magma cooling into obsidian. Larver than average horns and claws only further this intimidating, almost brutish appearance, while spiked spines run down his back to make riding a truly dangerous affair. He's built to be large, terrifying, and to strike fear and trepidation into any who gaze upon him. The only part of him that doesn't fit this volcanic appearance are his eyes, which glow a strange shade of cyan, a nod to the almost ethereal appearance of his egg.

Dragon Species: Underworld Dragon
Dragon Breath Type: Jet of magma in a line
Dragon Size: Large (Approx 9' at shoulder, 12' with neck raised)
Dragon Weight: Very Heavy

Dragon Personality/Temperament: A true denizen of the "Underworld", this dragon runs both incredibly hot and cold, to suit the chill of the underground as well as the immense heat of the earthen mantle. So too in behaviour, where at first he might find a spark of immense and burning anger, only to cool over into an igneous exterior after the metaphorical volcanic eruption has occurred. Protective, possessive, and certainly more than a little co-dependent, he maintains enough of an emotional distance from other riders and dragons, preferring instead to show the full spectrum of his awesome and fearsome extreme emotions to his own rider. On the outside he appears cool as rock, filled with an awesome sense of drive and purpose, but on the inside the magma of feeling bubbles just below the surface, just looking for an excuse to explode outwards and coat the world, metaphorically speaking of course.

Rider Magic: Nature magic, control over the growth of plant cells.

[Favourite number: 3]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay, I've been having tests in school for the whole month so I didn't have a lot of free time to think my character through.
But I now I've pretty much done everything besides a few things (Extras and Favorite Song) so it should be ready in a couple minutes.

Aaaand it's done now.​

Name: Franz DeMarco
Nickname: Fran
Appearance:
45d9bd1b3d9c9111cdc9b0d5c39d64cb.jpg

Personality: Franz isn't that of a troublemaker. He usually spends his time reading so he tends to prefer lone places when doing so, noise can annoy him, more than one would expect from such a kind-looking person, so yeah his fuse is a little short, but he can take a hang of it every now and then. He was educated, he was born to a not-that-wealthy family so it was possible to give him a proper education, thus he has some real hard morals and manners which he will defend from the deeps of his very heart if needed, some people think he could give his life for an ideal, but he thinks otherwise. Although he can be fury-driven sometimes, Franz isn't a violent person, at the minimum sight of aggression he will just walk back and punch himself in the arm to get calm so he won't rip someone open. Luckily enough, there aren't a lot of things that make Franz go mad, one of them is abuse, of anything, ideas, persons, dragons, objects, *everything*. Contrasting his kind-of-short-fuse, Franz is actually a very kind person, he although enjoys lone places as mentioned earlier, he can get very well with a not-that-large group.

Goals: Honestly, Franz has no idea, he just let's the time flow and rolls with it, there isn't really something he pursuits.
History/Bio: Franz life hasn't anything out of the ordinary until he was notified of his… abilities. (Which wasn't long ago). He was born to a middle class family, his father Rason DeMarco was a shopkeeper in the center of the city, and quite a good one, his products were well-sold and no one ever went demanding a devolution or something like that. His mother, Rosa Delorian (Changed to DeMarco after she was weed with Rason) was her husband's partner in the job, she cleaned the store, helped in the production of various potions as her abilities with alchemy were breathtaking. Franz was also raised along his two siblings, Martha and Heart, girl and boy respectively, these were two lousy bags of energy, but Franz loved them anyways.

Franz childhood was pretty much about reading some of his mother's alchemy and magic books and helping his family run the shop, which was already gaining popularity and Rason was thinking on opening a second store already with the purpose of attracting more clients. Franz was really interest in magic, but never got to practice it as his mother would always keep an eye on me, and wouldn't let him try casting the arcane words until he was mature enough to endure any kind of drawbacks. So yeah he has the knowledge but lacks the practice and experience, he never tried to cast something as, -surprisingly- he was very obedient to his parents. In his early adolescence Franz decided to take some fencing course, but never got past the intermediate level. He left the training because he wasn't getting really good with both his master and partners, for him, they were very noisy, and besides that, the master liked putting rookies against some advanced combatants, and that really pissed Franz off, to the point he once kicked the master from the back with all his might, breaking said's leg. Luckily enough, the man didn't hold any remorse against Franz, guess he knew he deserved it. After that little… 'incident' Franz decided to not take any classes of any matters because he was afraid he could find another teacher like the last one. So he just remained helping his family with the store and reading some books until that one day.

Franz and Rason were on a small trip to gather things to sell, merchants usually have to do things like this or they will run out of merchandise. Oddly enough, Rason never contracted bodyguards or sellswords to secure his path, he trusted a little bit too much on his swordplay skills and on his wife's magic abilities. But this time, it was just Rason and Franz. This was a new route they were trying, so Rason tried to always stay at the look for any threats or things he could gather to further sell, well what they found that day was very away from what they wanted. Rason saw a huge and thought it could guard some real loot, but the only thing that laid there was a black dragon immeasurable majesty. Rason was taken off balance just by the blow of the dragon's breath, Franz thought for a second this was his end, he closed his eyes as his father stared wordless, but nothing happened. The dragon, instead of attacking, it approached Franz, and tried to place its head under Franz's hand, it seemed as if it wanted to be patted, and so did Franz in a rush of adrenaline. Then the dragon just moved back to its lair, and Franz and his father, speechless, finished their trip with even more caution. A month after that, a letter was received in Franz's home, an invitation to a sort of... dragon-taming school? Franz accepted the request with some doubts.

Hobbies: Reading, fencing, reviewing spells in his mind, alchemy.
Dislikes: Violence, abusers, abuse, noise, crowded places, arguments.
Pet Hate: Abuse (Of anything).

Favorite Song:

Extras: Even though Franz has been reading about and studying magic and alchemy since his very early childhood, he doesn't have *any* kind of experience in spellcasting and transmuting, he just has the theoretical knowledge within his memories, but if he tries to cast something without someone watching over, he will most likely hurt himself.

Dragon Egg: 6
Dragon Appearance:
Dragon Species:
Dragon Breath Type:
Dragon Size:
Dragon Weight:
Dragon Personality/Temperament:

Rider Magic: Magic Sigil 4​

While the story is awesome, and I love the way you've written it, Did I not say: You are not some kind of dude trained by some outlaw or ledgendery bandit?
Also, Dragon Riders do not fight in wars, They are not weapons. they are keepers of the peace, Think Jedi OUTSIDE the clone wars.
other than that, I love it.

['Allo, 'allo~ If it's alright, I'd want to take egg #10 and Sigil #4]
Egg 10:
The Underworld Dragon, This Serpentine Dragon has The skin colour of deep volcanic rock, immense claws and jagged stone like horns and scales
Breath type: Jet of Magma in a line
Size: Large
Wight: V. Heavy

Sigil 4: Nature, Not earth or rock, but Nature, as in trees, vines, ect.

Dragon Egg: 6

Rider Magic: Magic Sigil 4​
Egg 6: The Forest Dragon, This massive serpentine creature lacks legs strangely enough, yet that does not stop it being just as agile and fast as other dragons, using its body to wend its way through dense forests and up trees, It however does have wings.
Breath type: Spears of magical plant matter (think enchanted pine needles) sprayed at such a speed they are capable of punching through any armour.
Size: Medium
Weight: Medium

Sigil 4: Nature magic, Not earth or rock, but Nature, the trees, the vines, the flowers ect.

1 more post in the IC and I shall continue with the old man talking. anyone posting after can just post a catch up.

To all those who havn't posted yet:
Post as if you were at the ceremony from the start.
@Zackymas
@Harra

@Yzmael read my coments and edit please.

Well I'll be damned. Something happened irl and I don't have now enough time to be in two RPs, I'm already kind of deep into other RP so I thought it'd be better to leave this one as I haven't technically started yet, sorry for stealing your precious time.

Status
Not open for further replies.