Isle Of Avalon,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way my character can have a bit of prior knowledge with magic?

Right, just pokin my nose in here. Got recommended here by another rper, I saw that you were only looking for 4-5 rpers though, does that still apply, or may I join as well?
There are 20 eggs for a reason, I expect 1 or 2 drops.
Egg 5, Magic 1.

Also appended CS likes/dislikes.
Egg 5: The White Dragon, The most Regal of the Chromatic Dragons, A dragon of the far north and far south, a dragon of the frost and snow.
Breath is a Cone of freezing winds and razor shards of ice,
Size: Medium, Weight: Light.

Magic 1: The Inferno, Magic of Fire (Not Holy fire,)

Editing in information, suggestion for the dragons weight?
Not really, the heavy, medium, light, is mostly for comparative sense. a 'Light' dragon is still bloody heavy. just light compared to a heavy dragon.

Is there any way my character can have a bit of prior knowledge with magic?
Not really, There are only 2 types of magic in this world are Dragon Magic (the choices you see) and Alchemical Magic (think potions and things) but the two are mutually exclusive, so yes you could theoretically have a background in alchemy, but, you would lose the ability to perform that when you chose your magic.

Hey there. I'd like to reserve egg 6 and the magic sigil 4, it happens I can't get into a PC at the moment so I'll have to set up the CS later.
@EddiEddi
@EddiEddi
Also, I have a little confusion with our setting, are we in a modern-like society? Or medieval? Because I'm pretty sure I saw a character that had 'play video games' in the Likes area. So I'm a little confused ^-^;

@EddiEddi
Also, I have a little confusion with our setting, are we in a modern-like society? Or medieval? Because I'm pretty sure I saw a character that had 'play video games' in the Likes area. So I'm a little confused ^-^;
Medevil, well kinda, high fantasy so there's a little leeway
@SashaBliss Yeah I did just notice that. do you mind fixing that?

Thanks, when we get 1 or 2 more CS up I'll boot the IC
@Kawazoe gem I'll give you 2 more days before your egg reservation runs out.

Reactions: Stormi
So... modern'ish with high fantasy?
Thing high fantasy set in the renaissance era. so yes, nice food, and somewhat modern equipment, but no electric lights yet.

Ok, I'm working on my CS now
Oh and also, what kinds of magic and our characters have?

.....You chose your magic from the list of 10 at the start same as the Egg from the list of 20, the ones of the eggs that arn't taken, like said at the start. once you chose the maigc symbol and the egg I tell you what you have. then you fill it in.

.....You chose your magic from the list of 10 at the start same as the Egg from the list of 20, the ones of the eggs that arn't taken, like said at the start. once you chose the maigc symbol and the egg I tell you what you have. then you fill it in.
Ok, thanks

Thing high fantasy set in the renaissance era. so yes, nice food, and somewhat modern equipment, but no electric lights yet.
Oh, thanks.
Also, you haven't given me any details on my dragon and magic (Egg 6 and sigil 4) ^-^;

Oh, thanks.
Also, you haven't given me any details on my dragon and magic (Egg 6 and sigil 4) ^-^;
You need to get your CS up first. (so I can see you are actually going to partake)

Ok, I think I have my CS Final Draft set and finished. I expanded the Bio/History and fully fleshed out personality.

Pretty excited for this RP. Can't wait for it to start.

Name:
[BCOLOR=transparent] Michael Hayden [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nickname: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Midas[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 18[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]

[spoili]
8195fec2444974048efda952e5730d20.jpg
*Has golden eyes, not red*[/spoili]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Without Mask[/BCOLOR]
[spoili]2cb70ef5db4e37185dd3286913e75aff.jpg [/spoili]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Midas acts kind and welcoming to nearly everyone he meets, seeing it as pointless in unreputable to be rude. Despite his welcoming appearance, Midas enjoys keeping secrets from people, enjoying it when people try learn of them. He especially avoids telling people information about himself, changing the subject quickly or making up ridiculous stories, making him a difficult person to gain the trust of, often separating himself from people he feels he is trusting too much. He does not often get into fights, but some say he enjoys combat all too much. To Midas, the more intense and dangerous the fight, the more enjoyable it is. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Positive Traits: Friendly, Intelligent, Level-headed[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Negative Traits: Violent, Manipulative, Withdrawn [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Goals: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]To find a purpose of living and a cause to fight for[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History/Bio: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Midas grew up in the city in a rather poor family, his mother being a seamstress and his father doing odd jobs wherever he could find them. When Midas was 10, his mother became ill and his father had gotten arrested for theft and assault. Midas ran away soon after, spending the next few years on the streets. When he was 14, began to work as mercenary, often being hired to steal or as a guard, quickly learning how to fight from the other mercenaries that he had encountered on various jobs. After a few years, he was soon recognized is a seasoned fighter, excelling in precision and speed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hobbies: Fighting/sparring, reading, studying magic and creatures [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes: Secrets, battle tales, knowledge, animals[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes: Bigots, being called Mike, Cowards, Getting asked questions about himself, being defenseless in public [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pet Hate: Unnecessary cruelty on innocent people[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Favorite Song: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Extras:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]None...for now...[/BCOLOR]

Zalaph
Dragon Egg:

Egg #15
[spoili]IMG_5102.JPG [/spoili]

Dragon Appearance:
[spoili]IMG_5104.JPG [/spoili]

Dragon Species:

Umbral Dragon
This sleek, dark dragon moves with unnerving serpentine grace, its eyes glowing as if lit from within by crimson embers.

Dragon Breath Type: Life Draining Black Energy
Dragon Size: Medium
Dragon Weight: Very Light

Dragon Personality/Temperament:
Zalaph is rather curious and timid, often staying away from others by slinking in and out of the shadows and getting rather defensive when confronted attacking harshly. He often observes others from a distance and has a keen eye for potential threats.

Rider Magic:
Unholy/Necromancy, Blackest of magics

Favorite Number: 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stormi
Name: Kona Omari

Nickname: Ko

Appearance:
Peasant.jpg

Personality: Kona, is a usually quiet and reserved person, chosing only to speak when she has something important to say, or when with friends, and even then only very quietly. She unfortunately has fears of large crowds, gets nervous when any sort of attention is turned on her, and is also afraid of heights, not the best combination for a dragon rider.

Goals: Survive training with her dragon so that she may return to a quiet life on a farm, or at least, find some quiet place to live.
History/Bio: Kona is a simple farm girl, who loved her life. The farm she lived on had been in her family for generations, and through lack of a son to give the land to, her father was supposed to give it to her as part of her inheritence. Everything had been going right, her whole future was ahead of her, and she was content with the quiet life. That is until, much to her family's dismay, they found out that she, of all people, was a dragon rider. Grudgingly, she was sent off to a the isle of Avalon to train there, though she did not want to go.

Hobbies: Whittling

Likes: Stories, sweets, and tea. The stories have to be good ones though.

Dislikes: Large crowds, loud places, crowded places, noisy people, any kind of attention.

Pet Hate: The dark, an irrational fear really, but one that still has not left her since childhood.

Favorite Song:
Couldn't get YT bb code to work unfortunately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKJv0eD-yQ

Extras: None

Dragon Egg: 16

Dragon Appearance:
lunar_dragon_by_manticora_miorro-d8kigyp.jpg

Dragon Species: The Lunar Dragon, This beautiful creature walks with a halo of silver moon light around its horns, its wings shimmer and ripple like gossamer strands lit by moonlight.

Dragon Breath Type: Absolute cold, Rather than breathing shards of ice (like a frost dragon) This creature breaths a breath of absolute zero wind, freezing solid the targets to smash later at its discression.

Dragon Size: Small

Dragon Weight: Medium

Dragon Personality/Temperament: Interestingly enough, Kona's dragon is everything that she is not. The dragon loves flying, even more so then is normal for a dragon. The dragon also is very confident in crowds, and enjoys attention lavished upon itself, the dragon could not be more fitting for it's rider.

Favorite number is nine

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent](If accepted, I would like egg # 15 and magic #9 if you don't mind) [/BCOLOR]
Egg 15: The Umbral dragon, This sleek, dark dragon moves with unnerving serpentine grace, Its eyes glowing as if lit from within by crimson embers.
Breath: Life Draining Black Energy.
Size: Medium
Wight: V. Light.

Magic 9: Unholy/Necromantic magic, The blackest of magics.

(If approved I'd Like to select dragon egg 16, magic 1, if that egg is not taken already that is.)
Dragon egg 16: The Lunar Dragon, This beautiful creature walks with a halo of silver moon light around its horns, its wings shimmer and ripple like gossamer strands lit by moonlight.
Breath: Absolute cold, Rather than breathing shards of ice (like a frost dragon) This creature breaths a breath of absolute zero wind, freezing solid the targets to smash later at its desgression.
Size: Small
Weight: Medium

Magic 1: Flame magic, The inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.