Island RWA

Joshua successfully caught Elizabeth in both hands and gently set her down onto the ground. He noticed they were on a beach, and that there was water nearby. "Looks like we landed near a shoreline...." Joshua peaked his head around the corner and looked further off, noticing nothing as far as any other bodies of land. "Priorities...priorities... We should see if anyone else is left alive. Albeit unlikely...we don't want to leave anyone alone."

"What if they were and woke up before us?" Elizabeth whispered staying close to him. "Always wanted to live in nature.. but not like this." Elizabeth was frightened and dizzy, but so happy to have Joshua was there to help her. She told herself to be brave so she walked forward towards the front of the plane looking for the rest or any bodies. She whimpered seeing some, but one in particular caught her eye. One passenger had been overweight and a noticeable chunk was missing from him. Elizabeth almost fainted at the sight of some of the passengers being eaten.

"Uh...Elizabeth? Are you alright? You don't seem okay. I mean....What's bothering you?" He, out of habit, bit the inside of his bottom lip and looked around, at nothing in particular. He began talking out loud, mostly to himself though. "We should probably find out where we are...if cell-phone signals work then we're close to an established country...hmmm...yeah we need to find out where we are. And then we need to find out how soon we can be saved." He scratched the back of his head and stared around, realizing that he was talking too much. "Oh...sorry." He shook his head and mentally decided to just take things one step at a time.

"We need to find shelter. Look at all these bodies.. What did that to them could do that to us," Elizabeth said. She stayed close to Joshua. "I don't want to die," she whispered. "Do you still have your phone? I think mine broke in the plane.." Elizabeth glanced around and picked up a stick.

"We can take shelter inside of the plane. Whatever happened to this bodies wouldn't be stopped by us building any shelter. Hopefully it can't jump and open doors, we'll sleep in the above half of the plane tonight. But we still have a good bit of daylight. So we'll be fine..." Joshua reached into his pocket and patted around for a few minutes. "Ah...right." He pulled out a decent sized pocket knife and examined it before holding it firmly in his right hand. "Somehow this slipped by when I went through security. Luckily enough eh?" He examined it a bit more, re-familiarizing himself with his knife. "We should find out where we are. It looks almost like an island...but this could just as easily be the shoreline of a- wait a minute." He looked at one of the bodies that had a bite taken out of them and bent down to examine it. "There's a weird fluid coming out from this bite mark..." He squinted his eyes and bit his lip as he contemplated what it could be, not daring to touch it. "It looks almost like a venom..." He scratched his head and began to think at a rapid pace. "There's no venomous creature that can take a bite out of someone that big....either it's not venom or it's not a normal animal." Joshua suddenly had a look of fear on his face, but quickly forced it away so that he wouldn't freak out Elizabeth. "I was going to be going to a medical school in London...I also did a little bit of zoology in High School...not that it really matters." He was trying to explain his reasoning behind his thoughts and shrugged his shoulders.

"I was going to college to study animals in the wildlife and i had taken many years of animal classes and my mom works in a zoo. Trust me nothing heard of can do that so quickly and so clusmily. You can recognize the individual person, how many animals come to a loud sound and aonly eats some of a food object without talking it home or burying it, I never heard of it. Also a single size for each body determines that there was many and they didn't fight for someone or try and eat the same one, also that venom is too slimy to be saliva.. its almost like a frog's mucus but I never seen a frog with that color mucus and capable of this. They could come back you know and when they are gone they may smell us, thats suggesting if they follow any kind of animal instinict."

"Well look who's a clever one." Joshua smiled and scratched the back of his head. "Perhaps your right, but that doesn't change the fact that we need to find out where we are. Especially with these kinds of....animals, roaming around." Joshua began rattling his brain. He jolted upward, practically jumping off the ground in the process, and ran quickly towards the water. He crouched down and examined it. "Oooh...." He dipped his finger into the water and took a quick taste of it. "Ewww...." While gagging, he cringed horribly at the taste of the water. "Very metallic-y....probably radioactive. which means...." His eyes began shifting around, almost mechanically. This was one of his favorite things, mysteries. He loved to think. "Atlantic ocean....new wildlife...." He crouched down and kept on rattling on nonsensical things, almost incomplete thoughts. "Wildlife....radiation...hmmm..." He scratched the back of his head. "This island must have been an atomic waste sight...it seems like it at least. The animals drink the water, the animals become mutated and through enhanced evolution, using the radiation as a catalyst of sorts, different forms of animals have come out...so it's probably along the same lines as normal wildlife...just mutated. But where the hell are we...." He shook his head and bit the inside of his lip. "Nevermind that. This is an island. I'm almost certain of it. We weren't on that plane long enough to have crashed down in any mainland continent. I'm almost certain of it."

Elizabeth simply listened gtting more and more scared. "I don't like he sound of that.. We're going to die here aren't we.."

"Well, with that attitude we might." He gave Elizabeth and a rather upset look. He was somewhat angered by her lack of optimism. "However...I did read a book once....Oh forget it..." He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Not like that would work nowadays..however...." He smiled brightly and practically jumped from where he was standing. "Once they notice a plane didn't make it to the airport, there will be rescue parties or search parties sent out here. All we have to do is make a legible signal and they'll be able to find us! It's brilliant!" Joshua was satisfied with this and began pacing back and forth. "However. It could be days before they find us. Weeks even. Perhaps we should focus on survival for a little while. I imagine there is food somewhere on the plane, albeit not good food...but it's better than risking anything out here. It should last us a few days if we're frugal...."

Elizabeth teared up, "I'm scared.. I'm sorry." She moved to go gather supplies from the plane. She seemed sad.